Snarky Brides

Unpopular Opinions

12346»

Re: Unpopular Opinions

• I don't like the Beatles. That's right, I said it.
    ME EITHER.  Every time I tell people they treat me like I'm some sort of monster.
  • Not sure if anybody knows what this even is, but I hate Cards Against Humanity (It's like very dirty apples to apples). I'm so sick of everyone pretending it's the best game ever, and having it pulled out at every gathering of 3+ people and then playing through every. single. card (this takes like 4 hours). It was funny the first time, amusing the second time, and now I'm done.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • krizzo17 said:
    Not sure if anybody knows what this even is, but I hate Cards Against Humanity (It's like very dirty apples to apples). I'm so sick of everyone pretending it's the best game ever, and having it pulled out at every gathering of 3+ people and then playing through every. single. card (this takes like 4 hours). It was funny the first time, amusing the second time, and now I'm done.
    See, that's one of my most favorite games.  We never play through until the deck runs out-that would take FOREVER, and I'd grow to hate it fast too.  It's one of those games where you need to know your crowd.  There's a group of 4 of us that I typically play with (only a few times a year though), but if there's someone with us that doesn't want to play, we just don't play it.  I think that any game sucks if you're forced into playing it.
  • krizzo17 said:

Not sure if anybody knows what this even is, but I hate Cards Against Humanity (It's like very dirty apples to apples). I'm so sick of everyone pretending it's the best game ever, and having it pulled out at every gathering of 3+ people and then playing through every. single. card (this takes like 4 hours). It was funny the first time, amusing the second time, and now I'm done.

In a world ravaged by -leprosy-, -amputees- are our only hope.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• I hate that "Just 6 Rules" engagement thing floating around on pintrest. Because your man isn't under enough stress asking you to marry him, he also has to get a freaking photographer to stalk you during it and make sure your nails are done. LET HIM TAKE CARE OF IT. Or, ask him your self. I also don't like the "I want my marriage to be more beautiful then my wedding" picture that shows up at least 5 times in a page refresh. It just comes of as a "Oh, look at me, and how DEEP and MEANINGFUL I am. I'm not shallow like the rest of you." 

Anniversary
    ME EITHER.  Every time I tell people they treat me like I'm some sort of monster.

If it helps, my FI is a legit amazing musician and he doesn't like the Beatles either. Oh god, now I'm picturing him playing guitar and getting all hot and bothered.

Anniversary

• chibiyui said:
    I hate that "Just 6 Rules" engagement thing floating around on pintrest. Because your man isn't under enough stress asking you to marry him, he also has to get a freaking photographer to stalk you during it and make sure your nails are done. LET HIM TAKE CARE OF IT. Or, ask him your self. I also don't like the "I want my marriage to be more beautiful then my wedding" picture that shows up at least 5 times in a page refresh. It just comes of as a "Oh, look at me, and how DEEP and MEANINGFUL I am. I'm not shallow like the rest of you." 

If it helps, my FI is a legit amazing musician and he doesn't like the Beatles either. Oh god, now I'm picturing him playing guitar and getting all hot and bothered.

I'm a musician too, and people find it even more ridiculous that I don't like the Beatles.  When I tell people they say "But you're a musician!  I thought you've learned about what good music is!"  That's usually when I tell people that my formal education gave me the ability to decide for myself what I thought was good music.  It drives me nuts when people say I should "know better" because I've been trained in this stuff.
  • snippet17 said:
    I hate performance reviews at work.  I think they are a HUGE waste of time and are of no value whatsoever.

We don't get raises unless the legislature votes us one, and cannot be promoted.  We must apply for open positions if we want a higher position.

Management (as in, HR), however, LOOOOVES them.  They "help" us "grow" and "set goals."

We discussed the "value" of performance reviews during a staff meeting.  I was not the only person who said they were utterly worthless, but my supervisor wrote me up for saying so afterward. Bitch.

Edited to add "HR."

Our performance reviews are a waste of time, too.  We don't get raises or anything out of them.  Just gives them another reason to tell us how bad of an employee each of us are.

I like Hanson, too.

I don't like strapless dresses either.  I always feel like they are going to fall down on me. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Okay, I need to resurrect this thread just one more time to say: I like milk chocolate WAY more than dark chocolate. Like, no contest.
  • zobird said:
    Okay, I need to resurrect this thread just one more time to say: I like milk chocolate WAY more than dark chocolate. Like, no contest.
    YES!  I LOVE milk chocolate and don't like dark at all!
  • You're freaks. Dark chocolate is superior to milk chocolate. 

I really wish someone would start a new thread of Unpop Ops if we're going to keep sharing them!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • my opinion, girls can get a guy completely clothed. I am so sick of setting little girls wearing sports that could pretty much be underwear, and letting their goodies flow out of their jar. Any guy you find that way isn't going to be worth your time. What happened to keeping it classy?
  • my opinion, girls can get a guy completely clothed. I am so sick of setting little girls wearing sports that could pretty much be underwear, and letting their goodies flow out of their jar. Any guy you find that way isn't going to be worth your time. What happened to keeping it classy?
    The Kardashians happened.

PS:
  • @Knot Porscha

Any chance you would please lock this thread from any more responses?  It's gotten way too long and we have started a fresh one if people want to comment in. Thanks! 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards