Flowers

What is the average cost of wedding flowers?

Re: What is the average cost of wedding flowers?

• We paid $4500 for our wedding in CT.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Mine came out to around $3400 in the Detroit Area. Included 1 bride, 8 bridesmaids, 10 bouts, 5 corsages, 25 large centerpieces, aisle mason jars w/ flowers, head table flowers, altar flowers, cake flowers, and petals.
  • This 8,000 quote may be a high guest count and therefore alot of table centerpieces. Impressive Tall centerpieces will never cost under a $100. Because we had almost 30 tables, my florist suggested low and high centerpieces to help with cost. She was a godsend offering suggestions to cut prices. Other florists I went to tried to upsell everything. If in Nj area try her out, she is a true artist. gypsyrosefloraldesign.com
  • I am getting married in the Buffalo, NY area in April 2014. I had a specific look in mind that included beautifully full cabbage roses, which do cost a little more, pink and ivory roses, and white freesias. I received my quote today from none other than my Rochester hometown nationally renown grocery store - Wegmans Food Markets - for $1,140. Before you judge, I've been to many weddings and have been in weddings where they have been the florist and they have been gorgeous. We're lucking out slightly because we don't need to have centerpieces because our venue has lanterns and other items available for us for free. But we do have a larger wedding party. So here is how everything broke down:

Bridal bouquet~ hand tied with David Austin roses. $1406 Maids~ hand tied with David Austin roses. $70 each/ $420 total2 Junior Maids~  hand tied with David Austin roses. $50 each/ $100 total
    The cabbage roses I wanted ended up being a designer rose, but I think I've got a good deal here. The bridesmaids will have vases that they can scatter their bouquets on various tables at the reception as well for a little umph. Plus I was able to have the mothers/step mothers hold mini bouquets instead of corsages so that it looks a little more special and they can places them at their seats or plates. I recommend Wegmans to anyone that has one in their area!

13 rose bouts. Coral and ivory. $12 each/ $156 total

3 Tussie bouquets for Mothers. $25 each/ $75 total

1 Wrist corsage for Grandmother. $18

2 Altar pieces~ long and low, cascading style. $70 each/ $140 total

Pick up/ No delivery

Total~ $1,049 + $91.79 = $1,140.79

• well don't know why my last paragraph ended up in the middle of the break down but you ladies get my point! haha
  • I just received an estimate from my florist. Granted, we only need flowers for the ceremony and are skipping the mother/father/grandmother/grandfather corsages and boutonnieres. Let's just hope my FMIL doesn't throw a fit about not getting flowers...as she's done with every other decision I've made.

Our wedding is in June of 2014 and in Southern NJ (pretty much smack dab between Atlantic City and Philly). The bouquets contain lilies, orchids, and whatever else she decides to include. The boutonnieres are lilies and orchids also. Here's our breakdown:

1 Bridal bouquet-$150
    1 MOH bouquet-$60
    4 Bridesmaids bouquets-$240 ($60 each)
    1 Flowergirl petals-$15

1 Groom boutonniere-$15
    1 Best Man boutonniere-$10
    3 Groomsmen boutonnieres-$30 ($10 each)

2 Altar arrangements-$150 ($75 each)
    1 Bouquet offering for the Blessed Mother-$10
    1 Throwaway bouquet -$0

2 Delivery stops - $100

With tax our estimate comes to a total $834.60
  • I just received an estimate from my florist. Granted, we only need flowers for the ceremony and are skipping the mother/father/grandmother/grandfather corsages and boutonnieres. Let's just hope my FMIL doesn't throw a fit about not getting flowers...as she's done with every other decision I've made.

Our wedding is in June of 2014 and in Southern NJ (pretty much smack dab between Atlantic City and Philly). The bouquets contain lilies, orchids, and whatever else she decides to include. The boutonnieres are lilies and orchids also. Here's our breakdown:

1 Bridal bouquet-$150
    1 MOH bouquet-$60
    4 Bridesmaids bouquets-$240 ($60 each)
    1 Flowergirl petals-$15

1 Groom boutonniere-$15
    1 Best Man boutonniere-$10
    3 Groomsmen boutonnieres-$30 ($10 each)

2 Altar arrangements-$150 ($75 each)
    1 Bouquet offering for the Blessed Mother-$10
    1 Throwaway bouquet -$0

2 Delivery stops - $100

With tax our estimate comes to a total $834.60
  • kandycerm88 - Can I ask what florist you are using? I'm getting married at the Adventure Aquarium in May and haven't started looking at flowers yet - if your florist is in South Jersey I may check them out. That was around what I was planning to budget for my flowers. After the cost of the photog & DJ I think the FI will flip if I go over the flower budget too... ;)
  • I'm loving the DIY idea.  Do you have pics of your flowers?  Would love to see how they came out.
  • I'm budget-conscious and practical. I couldn't reason on paying for something I'd never use again, so we decided to use silk flowers. I went with Lily of Angeles who sells on Etsy, as well as eBay and her website. I ordered: a bridal bouquet, 2 maid/matron bouquets, a groom's boutonniere, 2 best man boutonnieres, 4 Mother/Grandmother corsages, and 2 Father boutonnieres and paid $146.
  • My quote was $4100 for my bouquet, 4 bridesmaids, 6 boutonnières, 3 corsages, ceremony flowers and 16 tall center pieces with crystals. This includes set up and delivery.
  • I was curious too about what other brides were paying for flowers because right now that is a huge issue in my wedding.  My wedding is in Coronado, CA this December and still have yet to find a florist because the price is insane. We wanted everything very simple all white and we just wanted cheap because we wanted to spend our money more on fun things. But after talking with several florist our highest quote was $9,000 and our lowest was just under $6,000. I was hoping for only around 3,500 with labor and everything but I don't know if that's going to happen. With 85 days til the wedding I am stressing out. 
  • I was curious too about what other brides were paying for flowers because right now that is a huge issue in my wedding.  My wedding is in Coronado, CA this December and still have yet to find a florist because the price is insane. We wanted everything very simple all white and we just wanted cheap because we wanted to spend our money more on fun things. But after talking with several florist our highest quote was $9,000 and our lowest was just under $6,000. I was hoping for only around 3,500 with labor and everything but I don't know if that's going to happen. With 85 days til the wedding I am stressing out. 
    You might need to re-evaluate the flowers you are using or the elaborateness of your arrangements. 
  • artjrf said:
    My flowers are all DIY and by the time I am done, they will be under $300 (including the vases for centerpieces and everything!
    I would love to know how you managed this, you flower goddess you, please explain and give some tips to the rest of us!
  • CheleLyn said:

I'm not going to have real flowers. I ordered my flowers from SongsFromTheGarden on Etsy
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/SongsFromTheGarden?ref=seller_info

1 bridal bouquet with 24 callas accented with black silk hydrangea collar - $125
    1 toss bouquet - petite version of bridal bouquet - $30
    1 groom's boutonniere - white calla with black hydrangea accent - $10
    4 bridesmaid white calla bouquets with 12 callas each with grey-silver and black ribbon wrap - $40 each
    4 matching boutonnieres - $10 each

Total - $365 plus free shipping in US

If interested, you can see my order under the "Reserved" listings. I'm going to have order more things later. There won;t be any flowers in the centerpieces or for other decorative purposes.
    365 is really cheap!

• I got my flowers from a locally owned shop. 2 bridal bouquets (1 to be thrown) 1 bridesmaid, 4 boutonnieres, 6 corsages for $278. My wedding is in May 2014. 
  • if you wouldnt mind sharing what websites did you buy from our where did you get flowers that low. that is the price range im looking at and i know with some work you can make your own just as nice but way cheaper. im just unsure of where to look or where to begin to find ideas i have pinterest but it doesnt show how to make them. if you could respond back that would be great thanks you
  • In Response to Re: What is the average cost of wedding flowers?:
    are there any amnts from people in 2013?  just trying to get a better idea.
    Posted by cmperry17
    We just got our proposal back (we live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area) and for my bouquet, 3 bridesmaids, 10 boutonnieres, 6 corsages, and flower girl petals/petals for decoration it came out to $589.00 (with taxes) My wedding is in 2014 :-)

After reading some of these quotes I think I'm gonna go hug my florist now!Wink
    I am getting married in 2014 also and from the DFW area...what florist did you use?
  • How do you DIY? I am very interested as I am on a strict budget.

Thanks!

I am doing my own, fresh flowers.  Go to YouTube and there are videos of how to do everything.  Globalrose.com is the cheapest online bulk flowers and they have never disappointed me.  If you have even a shred of creativity in you, it is not hard.  :-)  Good Luck!
  • Our wedding is in late May and our quote came in under $2000 (including delivery and setup/pickup) for my bouquet, MOH bouquet, two corsages, four boutonnières, five table centerpieces, one arrangement for cake/guestbook table, small arrangement for the bar, two baby's breath wreaths, and 10 very large arrangements of baby's breath to line the aisle. Aside from the BB, we're using amaranthus, garden roses, peonies, sweet pea, parrot tulips, succulents, scabiosa pods, astilbe, antique hydrangea, ranunculus, and leucadendron :)

• We have 7 bridesmaids, 7 groomsmen, 1 flower girl, 1 ring bearer, and 2 sets of parents. We also have 16 aisle markers made of one hydrangea each. For our reception, we are having around 22 tables with flowers for our centerpieces for each table. Total for the florist is $2950. So for all of the flowers we need I was still able to stay under $3000. I definitely wouldn't settle for $8000!!
  • My one future sister in law spent $2500 on flowers, the other had my future Mother-in-law put them together from flowers from the farmer's market - in reviewing pictures, the farmer's market flowers were much more vibrant, beautiful and unique.  Needless to say - the in-laws are putting together farmer's market flower for me as well.  Should come to around $200 :)

• I am getting my bridal bouquet, a mini bouquet for my flower girl, 3 BM bouquets, 5 boutonnières for the groom/groomsmen and ring bearer, and then 2 for the dad's and 2 corsages for the moms. Plus about 10-13 center pieces PLUS delivery for $1200! I was pretty good at negotiating the price and I was told this was a really good price as flowers can be another pricey expense.

We also opted to not do flowers at the chapel over the water as it's an entire glass building and felt the building was so gorgeous on it's own. We are also saving by not having flowers as part of the venue decor!
  • The bulk of your budget is going to be spent on centerpieces, so if you have less tables with more people at each table (10 tops instead of 8 tops) you could save a lot of money. $8k sounds high but if you're having 300+ people and requesting expensive flowers like orchids that would make more sense. 
  • I think this price is very relative to where you are... I am in South Carolina and have been quoted approx. $1500 for all flowers.  Granted, I am having a very small wedding but I will still have my bouquet, 1 MOH bouquet, 1 bridesmaid bouquet, 7 bouts, 5 corsages, rose petals/arrangments for ceremony aisle, 10 centerpieces, 1 head table arrangement, and additional flowers for a memorial table and card table. 
  • We got: (for 2013 wedding)
    medium bridal bouquet, 3 small BM bouquets, 3 GM boutineers, 2 Mom corsages, 2 sibling corsages, and 1 dad corsage, 13 centerpeices, and 5 small arrangements for about $2000, in San Francisco, CA. I called around and I realized that some places will let you tell them your budget and your ideas and they can work with you to get what you need for around the price you want.

• I was told that flowers are usually 10-15% of your total wedding budget... I am paying $1500 for my bouquet + 1 toss bouquet, flower-girl petals, petals for the ceremony, 24 centerpieces, chuppah with flowers, 2 boutonniers, runner, buffet and table flowers... The best price I found in South Florida. 

• Our cost is $1300 - brides' bouquet, 5 bridesmaids, 2 junior bridesmaids, 2 flowersgirls, groom, 5 groomsmen, 2 ringbearers, 2 MOB corsages, 4 grandmothers and 11 boutineers, plus flowers for centerpieces (24 tables).  Originally, we received two quotes both upwards of $3000 which was about twice what we wanted to spend.  We found a wonderful florist who works out of her home rather than a shop so the cost is way less.

Keep looking because $8000 seems way too high.

• My total flower estimate came out to about $2150 for my bouquet, 4 bridesmaids, 12 reception tables, 1 food table arrangement, 2 ceremony arrangements, 7 corsages, 10 boutonnieres, a bouquet for my bridal shoot, AND a throw away bouquet. I'm getting married in Arkansas in April 2014 when many of the flowers that I picked are in season. I set most of the prices myself including for each reception table and told them to make the arrangements corresponding to that price. Picking in-season flowers REALLY helps. If I was getting married in the fall instead of the spring and wanted tulips everywhere, my prices would go WAY up. 
  • amyep89amyep89 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2013
    I would suggest looking at local grocery stores or shopping centers. I am not quite skilled enough (nor patient enough) to do any DIY flowers, so I'm getting my from Giant. Depending on the packages you get, it can be as low as about $500.

If you don't mind taking on a DIY project, then I'd also suggest looking at a place like BJ's wholesale club where you can buy in bulk for a lot less. Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards