Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

What song are you walking down the aisle to?

Re: What song are you walking down the aisle to?

• John Legend's "All of Me"
    Gets me everytime.... :)
  • You are my African Queen
  • Ben Harpers Happily ever after in your eyes and waiting on an angel. I wanted something that not everyone has done to death.

• Bridal party will be walking down to "Lucky" by Jason Mraz and Colbie Callait. I'll be walking down to "Lost in This Moment" by Big and Rich. Always loved that song. My fiance's sister will be singing. 
  • I think I might be doing failing slowly by the frames or what I wouldn't do by Serena Ryder
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'll be walking down the aisle to "a dream is a wish your heart makes" from Cinderella. It'll be played on the giant pipe organ in the church.  First kiss and recessional to "Hallelujah Chorus"
  • I'll be walking down the aisle to "A dream is a wish your heart makes" from Cinderella, played on the giant pipe organ in the church.  First kiss and recessional to "hallelujah chorus"
  • I can't quite decide which songs to use before and after the ceremony but our choices are "That's When I Knew" by Alicia Keys, "Oh It Is Love" by Hellogoodbye , "Everything" by Michael Buble, "I Choose You" by Sara Bareilles, and "A Thousand Years (Part 2)" by Christina Perri.
  • My dream entrance song would be Here Comes The Sun from The Beatles, but in my country the Wedding Ceremony is quite more traditional, and we are getting married in a traditional church, so we decided to not play any pop songs =/ 

Because of that, I'm thinking about the Ode To Joy from Beethoven, or Ave Maria from Schubert. 

But for our entrance at the reception, we will use the Chariots of Fire Theme Song, and will walk in slow motion... It would be soooo funny!
  • I LOVE the sond A Thousand Years but sooo many people are using it that I don't want it now. But collecting a list of love songs so we'll see what we come up with!
  • Considering 'At Last' as a song to walk to, either direction.  Still not set on dance song, thankfully have 19 months to work it out!  He's more R&B, I'm more classic rock, trying to find a nice happy medium. 
  • I will also be walking down the aisle to Canon in D.  I told my mom via e-mail and sent her a link to Per-Olov Kindgren's guitar version that I want to use and she wrote back telling me that's the song I was born to!

Bridal party will walk to The Piano Guys' "Over the Rainbow/Simple Gifts" and recessional will be to Sara Bareilles' "I Choose You" to brighten things up a bit and add lyrics :)
  • Use whatever feels right for you. When your sisters get married they don't have to use lyrics.  I ended up not using lyrics for the processional and using lyrics for the recessional, but that was just by chance.  Make sure the tempo and feel are right for you.  Also, make sure there aren't really strong parts of the song (ie: Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah, which is beautiful, but gets SIGNIFICANTLY more forceful at one point) that will throw people off.

Above all, love what you're walking to but realize you probably won't even hear it as you will be focused on the man (or woman) at the end of the path! :)
  • Think we are going with She moved through the fair... Any Irish brides will get it.  Think Micheal Collins soundtrack.... "Its will not be long love til our wedding day" Prefect.... :)

Good luck Brides...x

• I'm walking down to the instrumental version of "Tale As Old As Time" from Beauty and the Beast. My favorite movie as a little kid :-) Our recessional is the instrumental version if "You Can't Hurry Love".
  • I am walking down the aisle to "Only Hope" by Mandy Moore from the movie A Walk to Remember.  We are walking out to "Sign, Sealed, Delivered" by Stevie Wonder.  I have not decided what the family and bridal party are walking out to.  But I'm open to suggestions, so please help!
  • Only Hope by Mandy Moore.  Hopefully, my daughter will be singing it.
  • ddunstan17ddunstan17 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2013
    "God Blessed the Broken Road" is our first dance song! It's a little fast, but it means a lot to us (second wedding for both of us). Still working on processional but great ideas here.
  • I can't decide on a song, but I will be checking out the songs everyone has posted. This is my second wedding, and unfortunately, the song I wanted since I was 12, was used in my first wedding. I just can't bring myself to use it again.
  • Always with me, always with you-Joe Satriani.
  • We're getting married in December and I wanted "hints" of Christmas music during the ceremony, so I'll be walking down the aisle to the chorus of "Angels We Have Heard on High" ("Gloria in Excelses Deo")! It's so exciting and beautiful and I'll be less likely to cry that way! :) 
  • Wow great artists. I just balled my eyes out
  • "Something" from the Bealtes but the Across the Universe version.  My finacee picked it out and said that that is the song that will be in in head anyways when I walk down the aisle towds him :)
  • I really want to walk down to an instrumental piece, but lately I've been thinking of a piano instrumental of At Last I See the Light from Disney's Tangled. The instrumental just sounds absolutely beautiful! Still deciding, though.
  • I believe I'll be walking to "Dawn" by Jean-Yves Thibaudet (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co1-GiL-pJA). It was the opening music of the 2005 movie Pride and Prejudice. We will be leaving together to "The One you Say Goodnight To" by Kina Grannis (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki1TC3ShlkI. Still debating on the wedding party's song.  
     But our first dance will be a version of A Fine Frenzy's "You Picked Me" that my sister will sing (original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1BaeC5fJxo).
  • I love lost in this moment!

• Instrumental version of 'Tonight I Celebrate Our Love' by Roberto Flack and Peabody Bryson
  • Lots of good ideas here! my mom played Cannon in D to help me go to sleep when I was a kid and I listened to it a lot. So I love it and always wanted it to be the song I walked down the isle to. I'm staying away from a lot of traditional wedding things because my Fiancee and ?I like to be unique. But I Ike so many other songs and want a more modern song... So I might go with The Piano Guys' "Rockabel". What do you think? Traditional or Unique? How do you choose?
  • I've always imagined myself walking in to an emotional classical song that was also unique. I had this one song in mind but my friend loved it so much she chose it for herself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b44-5M4e9nI

But coincidentally, before her wedding, I stumbled upon a different song and when it played, all I could see was my now-Fiancé waiting for me as I walk towards him!<3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXbHK3OClvE

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards