Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Show Off Your Rings Here!

Re: Show Off Your Rings Here!

• Options
    @laureneliz87 Gorgeous! I have a sapphire, too; I love having a non-diamond gem stone!

And you got engaged on my anniversary! :D Congrats! Great day all around
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    tracylcamptracylcamp member
    First Comment
    edited November 2013
    I got engaged a couple weeks ago on 11/9/13 at an apple farm in Yucaipa, CA!  The center diamond was actually my great grandmother's with a new setting from 23rd Street Jewelers in Manhattan Beach, CA.  I love it!

Congratulations to all you future brides-to-be!!
  • Options
    My wonderful engagement ring! He proposed in Eden park overlooking the Cincinnati skyline on Nov 3, 2013. :)  Cannot wait to marry my best friend! My ring is 1.01 ct center round diamond with micropave square halo and twisted band. Weighing a little over 1.5 ct total... he did good.
  • Options
    marleyjustinemarleyjustine member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2014

I love looking at all these beautiful rings :)
  • Options
    christin83christin83 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited November 2013
  • Options
    just got engaged last night!! =) the ring is from his gma, he swapped out the center stone! beauty-full....so shocked!!! oh and a pic of us!
  • Options
    First Post.  I've been lurking for a few weeks now and have finally got the gift of desperation to reach out and communicate with others who are doing the same thing.  
      John said he wanted to propose for a while, but saved to get me the ring he wanted.  I met him almost 2 years ago and happened to move 3,000 miles away from my family and friends to Baton Rouge where he lived. (Not for him, but we did fall in love)  He's actually from about an hour where I'm from and our mothers live about 1 1/2 from each other.  We were born on the exact same day (I'm about 5 hours older).  He knew from asking my sister and remembering comments I made when we first met, that I wouldn't want a diamond.  That I'd want something a little more personal.  So he got our birthstone, tanzanite, incorporated into the ring.  They included an engraving with our initials (if I take his name, which is most likely, I'll still have this part of me) and a heart with a ruby in it.  He had my other soul mate (my niece) propose for him over  Skype.  She is 3 and wanted to teach me a song she learned in school that day.  It was, "John John wants to marry La La" and when my sister and brother in law sang it with her, and John pulled out the ring.... Man.  I'm living the dream... Truly.image
  • Options
    Here is the video of our proposal:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eqvhYF0VJc

With our puppy :)

In the box after we got back to the hotel room. The light hit it just right!

1.40 carat radiant cut center stone. E color, VS2 and ideal cut.
    We are very active and adventurous so I'm really glad he didn't get stuck on getting the biggest size and put money into the color and cut. Much bigger and it wouldn't work for our rock climbing/hiking/fishing trips. He did such a great job. Can't wait to find a wedding band!

• Options
    That is so cool!  Love that!  Congrats. XD
  • Options
    Eakk! My ring has a compass/Kite/ NSEW setting, damn setting has so many names.
    I am not sure of the diamond stats but it is a solitaire with little stones around the bottom so it looks like a crown!

• Options
    ashleighb77ashleighb77 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2013
    Tanzanite, diamond, white gold, my favorite stone, I just hope it's not too soft. I had just picked off my nail polish before we went scuba diving (he proposed under water) and as I was taking off my polish he was like, "You should leave it on." I had no idea why he said that, if I knew it was because I'd be taking ring pics a couple of hours later, I would have left it on!!

imageimage
  • Options
    Thanksgiving Proposal! :)
  • Options
    .44 carats of pure sparkle, and I can't get over how beautiful (hand) engraved the band is. FH did an absolutely amazing job. The first picture is best for the diamond, and the second is great for the detail of the band.
  • Options
    312Emily312Emily member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    Engaged in July, but here's my ring!  It was my great-grandmother's!

• Options
    just purchased!!!! my sister let it slip :)
  • Options
    He proposed at the big holiday tree lighting downtown :) I picked out the ring months ago and couldn't be happier!

Anniversary
  • Options

My beautiful ring from my best friend and soon to be husband. He designed it himself which made me love it even more! Since his birthstone is amethyst he thought it would be a sweet idea for the center stone. I had no idea they came in green.   

So in the words of our favorite song,

" Forever and ever, lets make this last forever. "

• Options
    I absolutely adore my ring! My center diamond was my mothers and FI had it set in a rose gold channel band (almost eternity, but 1.5cm of solid band at bottom). We've been together almost seven years and I can't wait to officially be wife and husband. (=

• Options
    alisonfire I have the same ring!  I love it!  It's so beautiful and different.  I have the matching wedding band as well and it looks great together.
  • Options
    Okay I'll bite! I've been lurking the boards since I got engaged on September 4th but haven't really posted yet, so here goes.
    He proposed on Pensacola Beach at sunset after spending a week in New Orleans. I was hoping it would be during that week, but the actual moment took me completely by surprise!
    The center stone is the stone his dad proposed to his mom with, and he designed the setting himself! I was never a huge fan of halos before but I love the way my halo "nestles" under the diamond. We're getting married in May 2014 and I can't wait (the wedding band will be a plain white gold band).
    Anniversary
  • Options
    And it would help if my phone loaded the picture...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @Klc09d - I got engaged the same day! 
  • Options
    I got engaged Dec 31st 2012.. but never posted it, no time like today! This is it with the wedding band as a set (not married yet though)

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Here's my 1.25 moissanite. I love it!!
  • Options
    krisfiedlerkrisfiedler member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    krisfiedlerkrisfiedler member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2013