Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

What song are you walking down the aisle to?

Re: What song are you walking down the aisle to?

• lauralee1723

I know I will definitely be using Queen's "You're My Best Friend" for our recessional.Processional is still undecided but 3 thoughts are for "Book of Love" by Peter Gabriel, "Everlong" by Foo Fighters and "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz.
  • A Beautiful song that is meant for walking down the aisle and perfect for us... "The Walk" By Nikki Leonti
  • Ave Maria because it's a classic and this version is the most beautiful song I have ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkY9HtwXNU8
  • The Cloud Atlas Sextet from the movie Cloud Atlas - one of our personal favorites!
  • allelsefaildallelsefaild member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2013
    Echo by Trapt
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG10eNzUeU4

I would like to walk out to Trapt as well since they're my favorite band. I was hoping for Are You with Me if FI will agree.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-zPcOtmW5I
     Visit The Knot!                                           image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'll be walking down to the piano guys version of "Love Story" by Taylor Swift and walking out to Ronnie Milsap's "Pure Love"

I love reading all of yours!!
  • Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen, hopefully as it was preformed by Il Divo. if I can get four singers
  • Catholic ceremony. 

I had only ever heard the bridal march. We had an organist concert play at our church over the summer and he played the song that Princess Diana walked down the aisle too. 

Never knew there was another one. I'm going with the Princess Diana march. Not sure what it's called though. That's just the name everyone calls it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am planning on walking down the aisle to "All Your Life" by The Band Perry.  I'm playing around with the idea of the recessional being "Honey Bee" by Blake Shelton, but my sister and stepmom have kind of vetoed it.

• "come to me" by the goo goo dolls

• CommitmentCatCommitmentCat member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    Journey "Don't stop believin'"

Just because it's fun, and we always dance like lunatics in the car when we play it. It just makes sense for us to play a song that makes us laugh and smile whenever we're together.

EDIT: grammar
  • Since we're not really walking out (ceremony and reception in a one room building), I'm toying with the idea of playing the Knight Rider theme at the end. We're both big fans, and have a running joke that when we win the lottery we're buying an '80s firebird and turning it into KITT. As for entrance songs, no clue yet. But I love all the ideas from this thread.
  • "How do you solve a problem like Mari" from The Sound of Music. We're using the version they used in the movie when Maria was walking down the aisle. That has always been my favorite wedding scene in a movie ever and my FI thinks it's a cute idea.
  • I'm walking down to "Tale as Old as Time" played by violin and piano!
  • Mine is a bit out of the norm. We are all walking down to the instrumental version of Coldplay's The Scientist. My dad's guitar teacher is playing it accoustic with a violinist. It's technically a break up song lol but when I heard it in violin without the lyrics I got tears in my eyes because I could just picture the moment. The music itself is SO beautiful.
  • What was all of your music for the ceremony.It will be a ceremony outside during the summer I am stressing about  this since I have only attended church wedding... Help
  • What was all of your music for the ceremony.It will be a ceremony outside during the summer I am stressing about  this since I have only attended church wedding... Help
    We had an outdoor wedding this summer. It sounds really random, but I bought a CD from Bed Bath and Beyond. I think it was called Piano Love Songs or something - instrumental versions of popular love songs. The cover was pink with a man and woman walking under an umbrella. I really liked it a lot and we got a lot of compliments on it.

It was super random - just one of those kiosks where you push a button and get a preview of a bunch of CDs. 
    *********************************************************************************

• I'm honestly considering the Lion King's "Can You Feel the Love Tonight"  Fiance still loves that movie to this day and I was obsessed with it as a kid so it just seems fitting.. Either that or for the first dance..
  • Kerigirl9Kerigirl9 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    The girls are walking to Canon in D (I've sung in a million weddings and this one just does it for me). I'm walking to "one thousand years". I know it's completely overdone but it works for us. And it gives me goosebumps every time. Haven't decided on a recessional yet.

ETA - FI just informed me he wants the recessional to be "Hair of the Dog" by Nazareth. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nicoann said:

Right now we are thinking of using piano version of 'Nothing Else Matters' by Metallica.  We want something a little less traditional, but not too far out there.  Metallica is one of the bands we both like and this has very beautiful sound to it.  The lyrics are also perfect, even we are using just instrumental version.  Guests that recognize the song will probably get a kick out of it and those that don't know it will just think its a beautiful instrumental.

I love this so much!!! My FI is so metal and I'm so... Well bad chick musicey lol.

I'd never thought of being able to incorporate his music into the wedding!!! (Metallica is old school but hey, it's awesome and we both love it!)
  • I think we've settled on 'So this is Love' from Cinderella. We are getting married in a small room with only my sister and her daughter coming in together before me so we only need a minute or two of music and I wanted to do something a bit different than the usual bridal music. I think it's cute and sweet!
  • We are using an instrumental version of Let There Be Peace on Earth. It was my grandmother's favorite!
  • I'd love to use an instrumental of Randy Newman's 'You have a friend in me', but I haven't talked to our pastor yet to clear if that'd be okay.
  • Still Into You by Paramore
  • I'm walking to "She's The One" by Bruce Springsteen. We're both huge Bruce fans, and it's actually the song he played when he asked me out. 

• Ever since the movie The Best Man came out 10 years ago. I've wanted to walk down the aisle to Beyonce and Marc Nelson "After all is said and done. I want to walk
    Back in for the reception to Bruno Mars "Marry you"
  • Canon in C. Ever since I heard it from My Sassy Girl, I immediately fell in love with this song and knew this is the song I wanted to walk down the aisle. 
  • amakayebamakayeb member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    I am a church organist. I wanted some beautiful traditional pieces, but not the ones that everybody necessarily uses. We are going with:

Mothers/Grandmothers: "Air on a G String" by J.S. Bach
    Bridesmaids: "Wachet auf" by J.S. Bach 
    Processional: "Trumpet Voluntary" by Clarke (a little more common) (That is not the best version, but you get the idea)

Recessional: "God of Grace and God of Glory" by Paul Manz (It's fiance's favorite hymn, in an arrangement by one of my favorite composers for the organ.)

(Titles are links)
  • Since we're not really walking out (ceremony and reception in a one room building), I'm toying with the idea of playing the Knight Rider theme at the end. We're both big fans, and have a running joke that when we win the lottery we're buying an '80s firebird and turning it into KITT. As for entrance songs, no clue yet. But I love all the ideas from this thread.

*Stuck in the box*

=) If it's you guys I would go for it. When I read "Knight Rider" I was seriously waiting to see 'Knight Rider Bhangra' - Sorry it's from Dancing With the Stars and now whenever someone is talking about KR I instantly think of the dance they did haha.

Anyways, definitely do it is my vote!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards