Just Engaged and Proposals

Show Off Your Rings Here!

Re: Show Off Your Rings Here!

• After being together for 9 years and doing everything completely backwards (Lived together, bought a house, got a joint bank account and had a daughter), he proposed to me on December 28! =)

• He proposed on my 30th birthday cruise! 12/3/13. Totally unexpected... almost thought he was joking lol. Together for a little over 2 years. He did great in picking out the ring and initially we picked out a different ring, but then he went back (without my knowing) and had the jeweler created a customized cluster setting. It's flat so it doesn't snag and when I take it off, it leaves a little star imprint on my finger. It's perfect! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • He knows I'm a simple girl, so he got me a simple solitaire :)

• He proposed live on the National Finals Tonight show while in Vegas!  Engaged 12/9/13
    Custom western engraved wide band and a lovely 1 carat diamond!
  •     My guy proposed on the 20th, before we flew up to Oregon to spend christmas with my family.  We were at the LA botanical gardens (we had been there together before, but when he made a point of going back prior to the trip I picked up on what might be about to happen).  He got down on one knee and proposed with a nervous (and adorable) speech, along with this blue-diamond halo ring.       The center stone is the color of his eyes, and the style is perfect for me...delicate and a little different.  We had it sized, turns out I'm a 2.5 on my ring finger. I can't stop looking at the ring, it even glitters in the dark :)
        My family was thrilled and so am I.  I feel so lucky to have met him, he really is the perfect guy for me, and he picked out the perfect ring too! Congratulations to everyone else who just got engaged.  All the rings are beautiful!
  • rose0068rose0068 member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2014
    I can't get my photo to upload, but it's 1 carat solitaire with a halo and looks like the base of the Eiffel Tower. :)

Just can't wait til July 11th, 2015!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Got engaged Christmas 2013!!! I can wait to marry my best friend :-)
  • My Christmas Eve white sapphire ring! :D He made the cookie, put it in a pastry box, and wrapped it.imageimage
  • theshegas said:
    I don't have a good picture yet, but toward the end of the video you can see it pretty well :) 

I watched this without sound...but it still made me all watery!  Congrats
  • LDay2014 said:
    theshegas said:
    I don't have a good picture yet, but toward the end of the video you can see it pretty well :) 

I watched this without sound...but it still made me all watery!  Congrats
    Thank you :)
  • luke0959luke0959 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2014
  • He proposed to me after 7 years on Christmas morning. It was in my stocking. Rose gold with my grandmas round diamond. Exactly what I wanted <3
  • So I posted a few days ago what it looks like since I couldn't get the uploader to work with me but this is the proposal and the ring! :)

Just can't wait til July 11th, 2015!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Engaged on our 9th anniversary on December 17th. He designed the ring, I love it!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Got engaged in October and never posted a ring pic in here :-D
  • JennyColadaJennyColada member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
    My proposal story from 12-25-2013:

We get home from Christmas dinner and I sit on the couch to watch TV. We have a stuffed duck that we take traveling with us and basically treat as part of our family named Chuck. Fi comes over to the couch and is holding Chuck and he says "me and Chuck have one last present for you." He hands me a Russian Nesting Doll shaped like Santa. I open it up and there's a small snowman doll in it. I open that up and the ring is inside. 

At first my brain couldn't understand: what is this item? What does this mean? Why is he giving this to me? And then he must have seen the lightbulb click on because he says "I've been wanting to give this to you since the first day I met you." And from there I just lost it: tears and blabbering "oh my god" for about 10 minutes. He says that he followed with "will you marry me?" but I completely lost track of anything but my "oh my god"s.

• galzkicmgalzkicm member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    We got engaged on December 22nd. He insisted that he had to wrap my present before we left for our first Christmas gathering of the season. Our dog was in the room with him while he was wrapping my gift. When he opened the door he told Randall, our dog, to find me. He had a note in his collar with a note that said, "Christine, Will you marry me?" When I finally realized what was happening, I looked at Randall's collar and the ring was tied on. It wasn't the way he planned the proposal (He was going to propose the night before, but I landed in the ER after cutting my thumb with a knife), but to me it was perfect :)
    ring.JPG 649.9K
  • SmileDamnitSmileDamnit member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    @hellokellybean ~ gorgeous!!

Mine is similar with the pave halo, but not a vintage diamond and with a white gold tapered band:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @niccirf Beautiful!!! Ours are almost identical. I have the tapered white gold band too.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @niccirf Beautiful!!! Ours are almost identical. I have the tapered white gold band too.
    I think our boys have good taste ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Kerigirl9Kerigirl9 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2014

Engaged as a surprise after being away on business for 12 days. Took the red-eye just so I could get home to my guy. We chatted for a couple of hours, talked about getting coffee, BS'd for a bit. Then he told me he wanted to play a song for me. Told me this was the song that reminded him of me and the magic of our relationship. I was tired and emotional and bawled my eyes out for the entire song. At the end he ended up on one knee right there in the hallway. Here's my gorgeous double halo. I have always loved the halos but never saw a double until it was on my finger. Smart boy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kerigirl9Kerigirl9 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    Double post
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My fiancé and I got engaged 10/03/13 after 10 years of dating!  We went to Kay to browse and the first one I picked out was the one, I tried it on and loved it.  We got it that day and he proposed to me at our home in front of a few family members.  I also love my wedding band, it has a Victorian type design on the sides with diamonds across the top.  Our wedding date is 05/03/14!!  Only 3 1/2 months now!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My ring is .75 emerald cut center stone set in white gold surrounded by a diamond pave halo, and set on a split-shank diamond pave band, it's 1.5 tcw.  I love it almost as much as my fiance!
  • My ring is .75 emerald cut center stone set in white gold surrounded by a diamond pave halo, and set on a split-shank diamond pave band, it's 1.5 tcw.  I love it almost as much as my fiance!
    ring.JPG 783.9K
  • aloha5736aloha5736 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2014