Wedding Etiquette Forum

What Your Guests Really Think of Your Honeymoon Registry...

Re: What Your Guests Really Think of Your Honeymoon Registry...

• wamboy said:
    @NYCBruin You nut job ... I am the one who posted links, no one else on this board has. If your making the argument it is rude and breaks etiquette prove it!!!! What is so hard about that? I posted links that say it isn't rude. Prove me wrong. Proof according to Websters:the cogency of evidence that compels acceptance by the mind of a truth or a fact b : the process or an instance of establishing the validity of a statement especially by derivation from other statements in accordance with principles of reasoning: something that induces certainty or establishes validity
    Another TOS violation. Personal attacks are not necessary at all! No one is being mean to you or anything, nobody has attacked you. This is childish behavior.

@KnotPorscha
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • wamboy said:
    @lnkdancer Um, yes they have.  If you did a little thing called reading you would see that they have.  In fact calling someone rude is an attack!  Hmmmm food for thought.
    No. Telling someone that they're being rude is not an attack. Nobody has called you names, but you have called us names several times.

Hmm. Food for thought.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • I've never met a person who didn't think speaking about politics in a gathering is rude. Haven't you heard you shouldn't talk politics or religion as those can be very heated topics and it is easy to offend others.
  • NYCBruin said:
    This is clearly a hopeless cause, so I'll leave you with these

Bless your heart

I only skimmed before but I went back and read and it does seem like a hopeless cause.
  • wamboy said:
    @jdluvr06 guess it depends on your group of friends.  I tend not to hang around with people who are easily butt hurt.  I have better things to do with my time than foster needy friendships with people looking to be offended.
    That's why the saying is mixed company. You can talk to your bffs about whatever you want because presumably you have pretty similar views. You don't talk about those things around people you don't know well or just met, hence the "mixed company" disclaimer.

But again

• LOLZ reading comprehension fail

PS I'm not NYCBruin
  • Has this thread reached puppies status? I think so. Only so many gifs of trolls anyway.

• FiancB said:
    I've been having this debate myself, given the comments about her great grammar (despite using the wrong "your") and reading comprehension (despite quoting articles that make the opposite point she is trying to), I vote:

Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • The puppies are also confused by troll wamboy
  • wamboy said:

@FiancB Only people who are uneducated and unable to fully and completely communicate resort to such rude behavior as swearing.  The rest of us rise about such stupidity.

But you called me an ignorant asshole...
  • wamboy said:

@cruffino No I asked if you were ignorant or an asshole ... if you think you are than that is on you, I'm asking if you are, I didn't say you were.

Ah, the semantic clarification. Got it.
  • wamboy said:

@cuffino Its not semantics, its fact.  When you ask a question it requires a question mark, they look like this ?, and usually requires an answer (if you have manners).  When you tell someone something it requires a period, it looks like this ., and is the end of a thought.  See whether something is a question or not isn't an opinion it is a fact, established by generations of authorities on the English language.  Would you like some references?  (that is a question by the way, see the question mark at the end)

I would LOVE some references.
  • wamboy said:
    @NYCBruin Advanced degrees LMAO OMG you'll make me pee myself ... if you think I would believe that with the way you type and read your delusional LOL
    *you're

Actually, many of the ladies here do have advanced degrees. I am graduating from Stanford in the spring with a Master of Science degree in Engineering. No one around me here would dream of telling anyone how to dress, and many of them come from a lot higher social circles than my family. (My family wouldn't dream of it either.)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wamboy said:
    @blueeyes90 Your point?  Just because someone wouldn't "dream of telling you" meaning what???? Trying to decide how educated you are to say something so rude as to bring up class ... hmmm  i think that is an etiquette breach
    You were laughing that we had advanced degrees, I was informing you that many of us did. I also pointed out that these people come from more money than me. They have parents that are oil company owners and high up in society, which I am clearly not. Etiquette is important to them and their families host parties all of the time, for people with a lot more money than I have. They know it would be rude to demand their guests follow a dress code or tell their guests what to wear. They "wouldn't dream of it" because it is so rude that they wouldn't even think of it as a possibility of what to do. 

And I am not saying I'm high class, quite the opposite actually. I'm effectively a "scholarship kid" here. I was pointing out that people who follow stricter social standards than I do know it is rude. 

I come from a family that thinks pot-luck weddings are "fun and cute." They still wouldn't give a dress code to their guests.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wamboy said:
    @artbyallie Thank you!  Now I agree that a honeymoon fund may be against etiquette.  However, I am not offended by it still and don't see a difference between that and gifts if people are being honest with the honeymoon fund money.  (This last sentence is an opinion) But based on it being against etiquette I get why some may be offended. (SEE, was that SOOOOO hard)
    Considering I'm supposed to be studying for my last round of finals, I don't have time to look up something that is so much common sense. She gave the exact answer that the lovely ladies here did.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @KnotPorscha I'm pretty sure there are TOS violations here you should be aware of.
  • @wamboy it isn't anyone's job to provide proof for you. The information is easily attainable and you could have easily found it on your own.
  • wamboy said:
    @FiancB EXACTLY!!!!! Not a review forum.  So unless someone asks a question, shut the hell up and keep your comments to yourself!
    Are you familiar how a forum works?  You seem confused as to what the purpose of an online forum is.
  • Or what a peer reviewed journal is. 
  • wamboy said:
    @NYCBruin I'm not confused.  Someone posted a question, they were looking for opinions.  I stated mine and gave a suggestion.  Whether or not anyone agree with that opinion I don't care about, I didn't ask you.  I know what an online forum is, I also know its not a place to try and browbeat others into sharing your opinion because you don't like it.  And so what if you think I am rude to my guests, my guests and family don't, so who asked you, I didn't
    You most definitely are confused.  When you post on a forum like this one, it's ridiculous to say that you didn't ask for anyone's opinion on what you said.  The very act of posting on a forum is the equivalent of asking for people's opinions.  If you don't care what we think, then why are you here?
  • Look up the origins of the word forum. The whole idea is to exchange ideas freely. And then read the terms of service of this website. You will see no rule stating that you may only share your opinion when asked, but you will find that many of your posts have violated the terms of service.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards