Wedding Etiquette Forum

What Your Guests Really Think of Your Honeymoon Registry...

123457»

Re: What Your Guests Really Think of Your Honeymoon Registry...

• @wamboy are you going to mosey on over to the cash bar sticky now and try to defend that as well?
  • wamboy said:
    @blueyes90 If you have time to check the boards and post, then you have time to prove your comments.  If your a follower great, if you take everyone's opinion as fact and that works for you great.  It doesn't for me, so if you want to call me out on something put your money where your mouth is or shut up.  Whether any of the people who attacked my request for proof of their comments agree with it or not, it is my opinion that if your going to post as though you are an authority on something prove it.  Otherwise it comes off as caddy snarkiness and judgmental.
    *catty

A caddy is:  a small box, can, or chest used especially to keep tea in or, a container or device for storing or holding objects when they are not in use.

You're welcome.
    Or the man who carries your golf clubs
    True.  I was just trying to keep it simple for wam.
  • wamboy said:
    I don't particularly like cash bars, I think they are rude, but that is my OPINION not a fact and if I don't like it I can not go, I don't have the right to verbally assault and harass the bride to get her to have my OPINION
    But no one on here would actually verbally assault a bride that they know about a cash bar and their utter lack of etiquette.  We will however, tell brides who come on this site looking for advice that a cash bar is rude.  See the difference?

And a cash bar is rude.  It is not a matter of opinion.  You should never expect your guests to help pay for a wedding that you (or whoever is paying/hosting) are hosting.

• wamboy said:
    I agree but that is an opinion. What is rude depends on your perspective. There are few hard and fast rules in this world and just because it makes you feel superior or more secure to have them for your life doesn't make them real to everyone else or mean they have to adhere to them.
    What?  They make me feel superior?  How?  Because I like to treat my guests well and host them properly, that makes me feel like a superior person?  Well then so be it.

• Thanks for the Corgi gifs!! Corgi on, knotties. Corgi on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wamboy said:
    Don't make hard and fast rules for others lives, that isn't your place in this world.
    What the fuck are you talking about?  You make no sense!  Where the hell did I make a "hard and fast rule for others?"

• Can I just ask - am I the only Italian that has NEVER witnessed a money dance? I've only heard about them on these boards. That's not a cultural thing. It's not done at any Italians wedding's I've attended. @wamboy, I think you're wrong. 
  • wamboy said:
    Telling anyone "it is rude it's not an opinion" is making a rule for every person on earth. You don't speak for me, so dont
    So you think cash bars aren't rude?

And sorry but if you are hosting an event your guests should not have to shell out money.  Hence why it is called a hosted event.  The items offered are hosted.  So to have your guests shell out money for a drink at a so called hosted event is rude.

• Dun dun dun!

KP is coming. Two out of 3 threads closed already. Do I smell a banning coming?
    Anniversary
  • RajahBMFD said:
    Dun dun dun! KP is coming. Two out of 3 threads closed already. Do I smell a banning coming?
    tick tock, tick tock, tick tock...the count down to the buzzer is making me all sorts of anxious!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited March 2014
  • How on God's green Earth did I miss reading all of wamboy's spectacular trainwreck last night? and have they been banned? it's a little sad that I won't get to read more of their genius... :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards