Snarky Brides
Options

The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

Re: The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

• Options
    Two of our grandmothers are campaigning to be the flower matrons. I'm really tempted to ignore any good etiquette there and let them have the flowers. No, they will not be forced to match if we do that. Plus, ha, we're ignoring EVERY kid, not just so and so because he's not as precious blah de fracking blah. The third grandmother said the only flowers she wants are involving a lovely corsage. Will do Nani.
    Oh my god that sounds ADORABLE.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Two of our grandmothers are campaigning to be the flower matrons. I'm really tempted to ignore any good etiquette there and let them have the flowers. No, they will not be forced to match if we do that. Plus, ha, we're ignoring EVERY kid, not just so and so because he's not as precious blah de fracking blah. The third grandmother said the only flowers she wants are involving a lovely corsage. Will do Nani.
    I see no etiquette breach here, just some adorableness.  Let them have the flowers!

• Options
    kitsunegari89kitsunegari89 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    Inkdancer said:
    Lonelilly said:
    Ostentatious "wedding themed" apparel. 

I will readily admit that I own one teal blue tank top with "bride" on the front in rhinestones, but I'm only wearing it the day of while getting my hair did.
    I have no problem with that at the bachelorette/shower (one or the other please, not both) and the day of the wedding while you're getting ready. But if you wear that crap every time you go shopping for something wedding-related, I want to punch you in the boob.
    Oh, hells no, I'm not wearing it any time other than the day of. I'm about as non-princessy as they come. Also, I like to pretend I'm a wedding coordinator and not a bride when I'm shopping around. They treat you better in the smaller boutiquey shops because they don't presume you're a debutante with daddy's plastic. New Orleans, BS... totally annoying.
    My colors are "blood of my enemies" and "rage".

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3h1kr8sYk1qzve89.gif
  • Options
    OMG PLEASE DO THIS. Also take pictures and post them. The cute might kill me!

• Options
    If they want to come wedding day, I'm really probably going to go for it. Daughter can be ring bearer or we have a flower girl and two flower matrons. Or she can sit with Nani and Pop-Pop (as she calls my Dad) or with Gamma and Gampa (as she calls FILs).

Given as I'm already throwing tradition out the window, can't see why I should worry here. Even if they did find the idea on pintrest.

I've violated the six rules, just straight up asked my girls and feel no need to stick a sign on everything. If DF starts crying, I'm freaking out because he doesn't. Ever. He'll be overwhelmed with emotion and not cry. Actually, I fully expect some whispered snark from his best man followed by snickering. I know how those two are, MOH and I are the exact same, and I can't think of anyone better to be best man or MOH.
  • Options
    Honeymoon Jar
    Honeyfund-esque things
    "who wears the cake" jars
    burlap and frickin' mason jars. AHHHHHHHHHHHH
    "stock the bar" showers
  • Options
    Marzipan13Marzipan13 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    I wasn't sure where to put this one... but... am I the only one who thinks this is really fucking MESSED UP?!

edit: yes, I know this isn't truly wedding related, but if they did this w/ their poor baby girl, they probably did something similar at their nuptials.  (;
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • Options
    @Marzipan13 is that supposed to be a baby dressed up like a dead deer....??

Yup, really effing messed up.

That bachelorette party t-shirt is really offensive. Way to encourage women to act literally like whores. Yes, literally. Blow-job shots between a guy's legs? Really?

The women I want to punch in the boob are those that wear the velour "bride"-embossed sweats to the airport. "Look at ME, I'm on my HONEYMOON!"  Whoop-de-do. 

• Options
    Danger+ZoneDanger+Zone member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2014
    I haven't been able to read ALL the previous posts but I think it's all mostly been covered. Lace and burlap, inappropriate pictures, the "rules" of engagement, "last chance to run" or cake toppers with the room being dragged.

I don't know if someone said this already, but I think wedding boards CAN be kind of unfortunate sometimes. I, personally, hid my wedding board all together. A friend of mine got engaged and had a bunch of us all pinning to her wedding board. The only problem? We knew what her entire wedding was going to be like before we even got there. It was still nice and heart-warming, blahblah, but seriously, NOTHING was left to the imagination. I want my day to be a surprise for the people who show up.
  • Options
    @Danger+Zone I can kinda understand why she had you all pin to her board.... It's nice to be able to share the experience of organising the day with friends, but - like you said - it also detracts from their experience on the day. My wedding will be a 100 percent surprise (mostly because my friends don't do Pinterest or really care about weddings). 

Cheesy "here comes forever" signs held children.
  • Options

boxjelly said:
    Not a pinterest trend but I hate lingerie parties.  I am a pretty open person, but I do not trust anyone but myself to buy me a bra.
    Ture story: my mom's best friend decided that mom needed a new bra for her wedding night, so bought one and sent it to her. It was too big in the band and too small in the cup. Mom calls me upset going "BFF thinks I'm fat and I have small boobs!"
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    kitsunegari89kitsunegari89 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    @Marzipan13 is that supposed to be a baby dressed up like a dead deer....??

Yup, really effing messed up.

That bachelorette party t-shirt is really offensive. Way to encourage women to act literally like whores. Yes, literally. Blow-job shots between a guy's legs? Really?

The women I want to punch in the boob are those that wear the velour "bride"-embossed sweats to the airport. "Look at ME, I'm on my HONEYMOON!"  Whoop-de-do. 
    I think the bride sweatpants are cute, honestly. They're tacky, sure, but I'm not going to rain on anyone's honeymoon parade, and airports are def an accceptable place to wear sweats. I wouldn't wear them to the grocery store, but at the airport on the way to the honeymoon or the day of the wedding while getting ready are certainly appropriate times.

I hate how sexist bachelorette (and bachelor) parties are... I also hate the "vintage" theme. Why do you need typewriters and junk all over the place? Why???

• Options
    This has surely been posted before, but any of this garbage... 
    If it happens to work out that way, awesome. But really, the love of your life is going to ask you the biggest question of your life and you want to put conditions on it? Super awesome way to start out your life together. No way. FI could have proposed in the basement while doing laundry and I'd have said yes.

• Options
    Lolo8383 said:
    If it happens to work out that way, awesome. But really, the love of your life is going to ask you the biggest question of your life and you want to put conditions on it? Super awesome way to start out your life together. No way. FI could have proposed in the basement while doing laundry and I'd have said yes.
    Oh no, was my proposal not real because FI didn't do these things? (Well, it was a surprise, but it was kind of a surprise to him that he actually did it! lol) Do I get a do-over???
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Lolo8383 said:
    I got lucky. FI got 4 out of those 6 things all on his own.  He planned the entire thing by himself, even got both sets of parents, our sisters, and my grandma involved, and totally surprised me. I was slightly tipped off the night before because my mom kept insisting we go to the nail salon so I could "have pretty nails" for the holidays. I was stubborn and refused. Lol. 

But if I had DEMANDED all that shit? Ugh. That takes away all the fun! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lingerie parties at least in the US do not have my bra size. UK 30HH or Polish 65HH. What in hell am I going to do with a 34C bra?

Plus, it's all get sexy lingerie! You must replace your fuddy duddy things immediately! Erm, what exactly do I have now? I have a vast collection of Curvy Kate, Fauve and Tutti Rouge. It's like the excessively girly unicorn lives in my lingerie dresser with her sparkle and lace breathing pet dragon. Yes, they have their own dresser.
  • Options
    maryrei23maryrei23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2014
    I'm so over mason jars and burlap! Loved them until I saw them at 50% of the weddings I ran this year! 
  • Options
    I was talking to a floral designer I work with.  She told me burlap has a new trend to go with it.  It's not just rustic with mason jars and lace, now they're pairing it with tropical (orchids, etc.)  I just sat there with my mouth hanging open.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards