Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

how long did you date before he popped the question?

Re: how long did you date before he popped the question?

• Options
    katesmol26katesmol26 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    He was my best friend for almost 5 years, but we started dating roughly 2 years ago. We had started talking about a future together though after only a couple of months of dating though, so our timeline may be a bit rushed.. 
  • Options

I think for 3 yrs and then it was a nice dinner on a Saturday night and then he said that he wants to marry me and want to have a whopping ride of life with me though he was funny but he popped it out seriously next minute.

• Options
    We dated for 3 years and a couple months before he proposed. We are planning a spring wedding for next year, so it will be almost 4.5 years before we get married.
  • Options
    Two years, almost on the dot. We'd been friends many years before that. 
  • Options
    11 years and 3 months to the exact day that he picked me up for our first date. 
    I knew we were going to get married, but the official proposal itself was a surprise. He did a good job keeping it a secret :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Date?  Four days.  Families knew each other from church, going back 200 years.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    One month shy of three years before he proposed. And he did it two days before my birthday. I knew it was coming eventually, but I didn't expect it to happen that day.
  • Options
    We were dating for a year and three months when he asked my dad for my hand during a hunting trip. That night at dinner I was talking about maybe looking at houses and my dad said "You might as well, he already asked for you and I said okay." My fiance's jaw just about hit the table.

From then on I knew for sure it was coming, although I had to wait two more months.
  • Options
    2.5 years and I knew I found the one but I was still in shock when he proposed!
  • Options
    4 years!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    A little over 2 years. I was pretty positive after about 6 months he was the one, though.
  • Options
    First meeting - 11 December 2005. He moved into the apartment below me, we had the same birthday, liked the same music, both just out of icky relationships.

First date - 11 December 2010. Flew to NYC together as friends for a concert. My Daddy posted to my FB picture "You two got tickets that sold out in 30 minutes. You two are sharing a hotel room. Would you two just admit you are dating already?"

Engagement - 10 February 2014. Was to be our birthday, but life decided to go to hell, so February it is.

Wedding is 11 December 2015.
  • Options
    We were together just over 2 years. I knew he was going to propose to me with my great grandma's ring but I thought it was going to be a few more months. My parents gave him the ring this past Friday and he did it late that night after I got home from work, just the two of us at home.
  • Options
    We had been dating for five years and three months when he proposed to me. :)
  • Options
    6.5 years. And we just got engaged like... 5 hours ago. (He fell asleep, I'm wide awake and crazy happy).
    For the nature of women is closely allied to art. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  • Options
    KenziRae18KenziRae18 member
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2014
    We were together for about 6 months
  • Options
    2 1/2 years. He proposed on Valentine's Day, and I was shocked that he could be that romantic.
  • Options
    We've known each other for about 2 years and were best friends but we didn't officially started dating until 6 months ago. He proposed 2 weeks ago, so I guess about 6 months?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just over 1 year for us. @nongermane, I know how you feel... when we got engaged back in October, I was too excited to sleep while the FI was out cold and snoring away! Hahaha, congrats. :)

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Almost 7 years. I was completely surprised too because he proposed on a completely random day so i would not know it was coming. But after a year of dating, i knew he was the one.

We are getting married May 7, 2016 - the day before our 9 year dating anniversary.
  • Options
    LizaFLizaF member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Almost 10 years.
  • Options
    We were together for 3 years before we got engaged.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    About 11 months from our first date, though we'd been friendly with each other via mutual friends and facebook for years.  It was MUCH sooner than I expected a proposal! :)
  • Options
    About 5.5 years.
  • Options
    We were together for 8 years as well!  I feel like I was the only one.  They say the statistic is 2 years 3 months, but once that date came and went I wasn't in a rush and neither was he.  I know that once we turned 30 we'd settle down, and we totally are ;)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Um, 7 months. We've known each other for 20+ years, always just were friends. He's my brother's best friend, I'm his sister's best friend. We got stupidly drunk at my brother & his sister's wedding and wound up together. Then we went from there.
  • Options
    Two years, 3.5 months. I did suspect, as he had been cagey and started doing things out of character: -told me about upcoming 'small car parts' he ordered (he had never told me about packages coming before.) -had a friend coming over to work and needed me out of the house (had never had a friend come over to work ever- and never kicked me out of the house.) -had been talking about my jewelry more than usual
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards