Chit Chat
Options

Sh!t my husband says

Re: Sh!t my husband says

• Options
    @SapphireCounselor can I just say that I now picture you as Rory. I love your sig pic.
    I love your sig too! I am a big GOT fan!
    :) Thanks! Me too (clearly!). I love love love Gilmore Girls and am now going to marathon the seasons this summer while working out. That has got to be good for me, right? :) I'm going to feel so bad running while those women are eating all that junk food. 
    They are best work-out entertainment! Just match your treadmill speed to the speed of their talking and you'll be fit in no time. :) I actually saw a random FB post one time that counted the amount of calories Lorelai and Rory ate in one episode. It was close to 5,000.

Who is your favorite character on GOT? I love Dany.
    And yet they remained skinny. I'm jealous.

I read somewhere that Alexis Bledel drank so much coffee filming the first season she made herself sick and the reset of the seasons, it's soda or tea or just water (if the cup is a travel mug) because she couldn't stand coffee anymore.

I drink a lot of coffee, and even my coffee drinking pales in comparison to GG.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    @SapphireCounselor can I just say that I now picture you as Rory. I love your sig pic.
    :) Thanks! Me too (clearly!). I love love love Gilmore Girls and am now going to marathon the seasons this summer while working out. That has got to be good for me, right? :) I'm going to feel so bad running while those women are eating all that junk food. 
    They are best work-out entertainment! Just match your treadmill speed to the speed of their talking and you'll be fit in no time. :) I actually saw a random FB post one time that counted the amount of calories Lorelai and Rory ate in one episode. It was close to 5,000.

My favorite character on GOT was Tyrion, not so sure in the last book but let's see if he turns it around. I'm about halfway through.  I also love Dany and I love Arya, even if I want to strangle her sometimes. And my favorite Gilmore Girls was Luke. :)
    People who don't like Luke have no soul. :) Tyrion is awesome!
  • Options

And yet they remained skinny. I'm jealous.

I read somewhere that Alexis Bledel drank so much coffee filming the first season she made herself sick and the reset of the seasons, it's soda or tea or just water (if the cup is a travel mug) because she couldn't stand coffee anymore.

I drink a lot of coffee, and even my coffee drinking pales in comparison to GG.
    I read this somewhere too! My coffee drinking pales in comparison as well.
  • Options
    Poor crossmyheart. I'd be embarrassed to be a troll. Trolling is just proof that a person doesn't have the balls or integrity to stand behind their statements. I guess it's just waaaay to scary to disagree with HisGirl using your regular screen name. Ooooh, scary stuff- someone might disagree with you online. However would you live through it? 

Pitiful. I'd hate to be that half assed. But if you're getting a chuckle out of it, whatever. I guess it doesn't take much wit (like maybe 0) to amuse yourself.
  • Options
    Ember2012 said:
    phira said:
    afox007 said:
    madamcleo said:

Oh my gosh, you and HGF have SO much in common, she has dyslexia too. 

"I said, 'And the centrepieces. Because we had that fun little discussion in the craft store about whether I'd considered mason jars"

The two of  you should be fast friends. 

The spelling is still correct. HGF uses UK spelling a lot :) http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/english/centrepiece
    That doesn't make it any less stupid considering she's not British.
    Then we'd better call the AMERICAN LANGUAGE POLICE and the waaaaahmbulance before she types anything else incorrectly.
    It isn't only the British the spell it that way. Are you going to think it's stupid if Canadians spell words centrepieces, colour, honour, etc because we use British spelling instead of American spellings?
    It isn't pretentious for someone who is Canadian or British to spell those those words the way they were taught. It IS pretentious for someone American who (as a nation) has their way of spelling it deliberately misspell words. There is no other reason. Frankly as a fellow Canadian I am surprised you are defending that decision.
    So, are my bosses who were born in the US and now live in Canada allowed to use the British spelling? What about my carpool buddy who is a dual American-British citizen? Which spelling should she use? If some one that is American prefers to spell words the British way, or was taught to spell them that way, I'm not sure why I should have a problem with that as a Canadian. And FTR, I grew up directly across the border from the US. We were taught things in F, feet/inches and with the American spelling, despite being in Canada. In spite of this, I use the proper Canadian/British spelling and measurements now. I hope that doesn't make me pretentious as well.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Ember2012 said:
    phira said:
    afox007 said:
    madamcleo said:

"I said, 'And the centrepieces. Because we had that fun little discussion in the craft store about whether I'd considered mason jars"

The spelling is still correct. HGF uses UK spelling a lot :) http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/english/centrepiece
    Then we'd better call the AMERICAN LANGUAGE POLICE and the waaaaahmbulance before she types anything else incorrectly.
    It isn't only the British the spell it that way. Are you going to think it's stupid if Canadians spell words centrepieces, colour, honour, etc because we use British spelling instead of American spellings?
    It isn't pretentious for someone who is Canadian or British to spell those those words the way they were taught. It IS pretentious for someone American who (as a nation) has their way of spelling it deliberately misspell words. There is no other reason. Frankly as a fellow Canadian I am surprised you are defending that decision.
    So, are my bosses who were born in the US and now live in Canada allowed to use the British spelling? What about my carpool buddy who is a dual American-British citizen? Which spelling should she use? If some one that is American prefers to spell words the British way, or was taught to spell them that way, I'm not sure why I should have a problem with that as a Canadian. And FTR, I grew up directly across the border from the US. We were taught things in F, feet/inches and with the American spelling, despite being in Canada. In spite of this, I use the proper Canadian/British spelling and measurements now. I hope that doesn't make me pretentious as well.
    Wow, that is a lot.  All I know is I want to be the favourite so I can have a fan club.  See what I did there? 
  • Options
    sarawifenowsarawifenow member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    MagicInk said:
    arrippa said:
    what's wrong @HisGirlFriday13, too manyy poeple calling you out for your liking?

You're one to talk. Maybe you should focus a little less on Hisgirl and a little more on your wedding. Get those ten bridesmaid under control so they don't show up in stripper heels.
    Don't say stripper! It's offensive! Strippers are offensive!!!

Strippers?! STRIPPERS!!!!!! AHHHH!

ETF: Gif fail. I'll stick with images.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Ember2012 said:
    phira said:
    afox007 said:
    madamcleo said:

I WISH the US would just use the metric system already!  Geebus, it's much easier to use and so much more logical. . . hello, everything is in units of 10! 

Inches, etc can GTFO.
    You're in science, if I remember correctly? Isn't it a PITA with the metric vs Imperial stuff?

Anniversary
  • Options
    Who is actually being called out as a troll here? Curious.

Stuck in box

For my part, I was referring to the butthurt "I want backup bridesmaids" troll, and the super-angry "I hate HisGirl" commenters who apparently joined all of 2 weeks ago. I understand there was some banning drama a year or so ago and I have NO idea about that since I wasn't around, but in general I think the trolling moniker applies to deliberate thread-jacking. Like, don't come on the chit-chat board if you don't want to chit-chat? (But again, I'm not calling you out on this, since obviously this whole thread went apeshit pretty quickly. Clearly I can't stop myself from participating, in any case).
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer

Stuck in box

For my part, I was referring to the butthurt "I want backup bridesmaids" troll, and the super-angry "I hate HisGirl" commenters who apparently joined all of 2 weeks ago. I understand there was some banning drama a year or so ago and I have NO idea about that since I wasn't around, but in general I think the trolling moniker applies to deliberate thread-jacking. Like, don't come on the chit-chat board if you don't want to chit-chat? (But again, I'm not calling you out on this, since obviously this whole thread went apeshit pretty quickly. Clearly I can't stop myself from participating, in any case).
    This is the Chit Chat board, meaning people can talk about whatever. Someone commented on how they thought the original topic was mocking HGF's husband. This is by definition having a conversation. Since then, the thread has followed a relatively sensible train of conversation. Just because the topic changed doesn't mean any poster did anything wrong.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    RajahBMFD said:

Stuck in box

This is the Chit Chat board, meaning people can talk about whatever. Someone commented on how they thought the original topic was mocking HGF's husband. This is by definition having a conversation. Since then, the thread has followed a relatively sensible train of conversation. Just because the topic changed doesn't mean any poster did anything wrong.
    Eh, I would argue that the person who brought up the "husband-mocking" trope has been basically spraying their discontent everywhere ever since people disagreed with them on the bridesmaids issue, so for me it wasn't quite as innocent as "Here is my opinion on this chit-chat thread," but just a continuation of a (sad, internet) vendetta against someone who pissed her off earlier. To be fair though I don't think this is worthy of pulling out the TOS and talking about closing the thread. I just think it's trolly and so, so obnoxious.
  • Options
    RajahBMFD said:

Stuck in box

I think the troll has proven her troll-dom over the course of a few threads; that label wasn't applied based on any specific comment here. I haven't seen her post anything I didn't consider to be egging on a fight. I mean, she got advice she didn't like on one thread so she reposted it on another board saying "trying this again because people were mean to me back there." You KNOW the same people are gonna see you and call it on you and you'll have the same shit storm start back up again. 

• Options
    rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    RajahBMFD said:

Stuck in box

I think the troll has proven her troll-dom over the course of a few threads; that label wasn't applied based on any specific comment here. I haven't seen her post anything I didn't consider to be egging on a fight. I mean, she got advice she didn't like on one thread so she reposted it on another board saying "trying this again because people were mean to me back there." You KNOW the same people are gonna see you and call it on you and you'll have the same shit storm start back up again. 
    I didn't say she wasn't a troll. I just said that there didn't appear to be any thread jacking. HGF started the thread by talking about something stupid her husband said. Someone offered their opinion on that and it became a discussion. Doesn't really matter if that person is a troll or not in other threads, them offering their opinion in this thread was not trolling. Again, this is just in reference to the idea that there was thread jacking. Not even thinking about if any other posts were trolling.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ember2012Ember2012 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2014
    "So, are my bosses who were born in the US and now live in Canada allowed to use the British spelling? What about my carpool buddy who is a dual American-British citizen? Which spelling should she use? If some one that is American prefers to spell words the British way, or was taught to spell them that way, I'm not sure why I should have a problem with that as a Canadian. And FTR, I grew up directly across the border from the US. We were taught things in F, feet/inches and with the American spelling, despite being in Canada. In spite of this, I use the proper Canadian/British spelling and measurements now. I hope that doesn't make me pretentious as well."

Fine I'll amend my statement. It also makes sense to respect the place you're in. For an American transplant working in. Canada, UK, etc. it makes sense to use local spellings. It is still pretentious for someone born, raised, and currently working in then US to use Canadian/British spelling just for "funsies". In other words... None of the examples given apply here. Happy now?

ETA: the quote box ran away
  • Options
    Holy shitballs, you guys. I thought this was just a really long thread with funny stories of things our SOs said. 

I feel like this post needs this. 

If only this was just a post full of funny stories...
  • Options
    RajahBMFD said:
    RajahBMFD said:

Stuck in box

I didn't say she wasn't a troll. I just said that there didn't appear to be any thread jacking. HGF started the thread by talking about something stupid her husband said. Someone offered their opinion on that and it became a discussion. Doesn't really matter if that person is a troll or not in other threads, them offering their opinion in this thread was not trolling. Again, this is just in reference to the idea that there was thread jacking. Not even thinking about if any other posts were trolling.
    It was when we started devolving into "Oh yeah, and you know what else I hate? Her British spellings!" that I officially felt like the thread had gone haywire. This is what happens when I hit a thread thinking there will just be interesting stories about husbands' involvement in the wedding planning. It's never boring around here, I'll say that.
  • Options
    Holy shitballs, you guys. I thought this was just a really long thread with funny stories of things our SOs said. 

It's kind of dissapointing right?

Also I kind of want those shoes.
  • Options

How do people walk in those? I mean that seriously -- with the platform that tall AND the heel, I feel like I'd fall over and break something.

But heels in general aren't always a good idea for me, because I lack physical grace sometimes, so maybe it's just me.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    It's so creepy how HGF has this bizarre little army of posters. Your posts are not "lady like" or   "classy" as you like to try and call yourself. Your just stuck up and condescending.

She's pretentious, obnoxious, and a know-it-all. All you  ladies who flock to her like she's your savior, should find your own voice instead of listening to this dolt.

Most of you are probably better then that...

HGF wanted to get rid of linger and stage so should could be one of the "cool girls". She was jealous of the attention and notoriety linger and stage, deservedly had. She's nothing more then another insecure girl who had to throw other women under the bus to get to the top. Shame on you HGF.

• Options

I would break my neck in those shoes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards