Chit Chat

It's TMI time (there is so much more than BC going on in here)

JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited September 2014 in Chit Chat
So, I pulled a stoopid.  I was supposed to start my new NR cycle yesterday, but I woke up at like 10:30 this morning and remembered I never put it in.  So I'm about half a day late putting in my NR.  We had sexsaytimes on Sunday.  Should I be worried?  Should I take Plan B?  Should I refrain from sex for a week just like if I had started a new BC?

Or am I totally overthinking this and I'm fine?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: It's TMI time (there is so much more than BC going on in here)

• edited September 2014
    Sex on Sunday, new cycle starting on Tuesday? Totally fine.

ETA I'd maybe call the doctor, cuz I'm not one. But I don't think you have anything to worry about.

• I am not on Nuvaring, but it seems kind of equivalent to forgetting a pill--you can do it once, take it as soon as you remember and be fine.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • I am not on Nuvaring, but it seems kind of equivalent to forgetting a pill--you can do it once, take it as soon as you remember and be fine.
    So yeah, this would be like forgetting the first pill after the sugar pill week.  I always learned that after your "off" week is more serious to forget a day.  But it's been like.... 10 years since I had sex ed and NuvaRing didn't exist then.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited September 2014
    I would think you would be okay but I would call your doctor to be sure. It's too late for plan B - you need to take that three days after the questionable sex - at most, if I remember correctly. 

ETA: I'm a dumbass and today would be day three. I'd call the doc. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • So, all this is complicated by the fact that my Dr. who prescribed the meds was my school health center, and I'm no longer covered by their insurance.  I don't get insurance again until I start my job in a month.  I tried to email the school doctor through the website but got a "no eligibility" message.

*Heads over to Planned Parenthood website*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I think you will be fine, but I would call just for peace of mind.  It's a five minute phone call that will save you from freaking out for the next 28 days.  

• Dude, I constantly miss pills. I spend every single month a little paranoid until I start, even though FI and I are struggling to steal even a good minute worth of sexsaytime right now. 

Call the pharmacist. They should be able to put you at ease.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I'm on NuvaRing (thank you for reminding me to refill my prescription btw) - one day is no big deal. I've basically grilled my gyno on all the possibilities and she's reassured me many a time about various things with it. More than a day, it gets iffy, but one day, you're fine.

.... but calling the pharmacist is always a good idea. Just in cases.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I forget approximately every other month. By a day, sometimes two. It's been almost 2yrs, and no babies have sprouted from my loins. I wouldn't be too concerned.

I gotta say, I'm much less scared about missing a day with the NR than when I was on The Pill and I forgot a day. Literally hundreds of dollars spent on Plan B.

It doesn't help that (hello, TMI, there you were) my periods are significantly less impressive now, and some months I get nothing at all. Which is nice, in a way, but then the 'ohgodohgodohgod' panic kicks in.
  • ETA: I enjoy TMI time.  It helps me realize everyone else is just like me.

I'm part of the Paranoid Parade... I freak out about being pregnant if I want anything out of the ordinary, if I feel a funny in my stomach, or if my nipples hurt, and I've been on BC for almost 10 years. I had some serious gas pain last night and FI thought I was in labour because he had just watched "I didn't know I was pregnant."  (Thread jack over.)

I would think that you're fine.

As for your "should I refrain from sex for a week" in my opinion, the answer is never refrain from sex for a week :P (ETA: Unless you have something funky going on ex. infection, pain, whatever)  Condoms are your friend.
    Hi, I have a float in that parade. My periods used to be SO irregular I'd go 6 or 8 weeks between them sometimes, and freak out that I had gotten pregnant off a toilet seat or something because I hadn't even had sex in months.
    Yeah, I basically view every period as my free monthly pregnancy test.

I'm sorry I have no good advice.  We've been BC free for most of the relationship and never had a scare.  (Which then puts me in to the panic of, "I should have had a scare by now.  Maybe I can't get pregnant?")

• I'd go to the Pharmacy and just request Plan B if this is day 3. Technically it can still work, and I'd personally feel better doing that if I'd forgotten to put NR back in.

It's great you don't need a prescription for Plan B anymore. And, go to their website- I believe they offer coupons!

• Another person on the paranoid parade here! I am so bad at remember to take my pills, even with alarms, that I pretty much have convinced myself I'm pregnant almost every month. 

Although I really think you're fine, I would definitely try calling a pharmacist, or going in to speak to one just to put your ease at mind. The one by my house has these nice privacy booths set up so people can't hear your business. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• You are totally fine. I have been late a day or two putting in my nuva ring, and as long as I don't have sex before I put it in, I am fine. Nuva rimg is the acceptable way to napalm a uterus. So glad I'm not on the pill, anymore (too many scares led to not enough sex. Lol)
  • I'm on nuvaring, I say your good...my OBGYN says that if it's uncomfortable (FI is a bit...large) you can take it out for sex for up to 4 hours without disrupting your BC coverage
  • @magicink is on the paranoid parade, too? 
  • @magicink is on the paranoid parade, too? 
    Yup. I have to remind myself "No, you cannot get pregnant if you don't do SOMETHING with someone with a penis", and I calm down...usually.
  • Lol @MagicInk‌ thank you for making me feel slightly less crazy!

• JC do not stop the seksaytimes. I repeat, do not stop the seksay times. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
    edited September 2014
    JC do not stop the seksaytimes. I repeat, do not stop the seksay times. 
    I am that annoying girl who hates condoms.  Hates them.  I've been lucky enough to barely ever have to use them because Fi and I have been monogamous since we were teenagers and I've been on some kind of BC the whole time.

So, times when I've forgotten my BC and we need to take a week off, it's either nothing or else it's BJs for Fi.  He kind of likes those weeks, actually.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• smichek said:
    raissyrais said:
    I am that annoying girl who hates condoms.  Hates them.  I've been lucky enough to barely ever have to use them because Fi and I have been monogamous since we were teenagers and I've been on some kind of BC the whole time.

So, times when I've forgotten my BC and we need to take a week off, it's either nothing or else it's BJs for Fi.  He kind of likes those weeks, actually.  :)
    Not stuck in the box but still showing up in the box?????????

I hope he returns the favor during those weeks!

ETF: WTF TK?!
    Yes!  Well (and I think I had this convo in some other thread a few months ago) I'm just not the biggest fan of receiving oral.  Idk why exactly, just doesn't do it for me.  So Fi returns the favor in other ways.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• smichek said:
    smichek said:
    raissyrais said:

Yes!  Well (and I think I had this convo in some other thread a few months ago) I'm just not the biggest fan of receiving oral.  Idk why exactly, just doesn't do it for me.  So Fi returns the favor in other ways.

SITB

I don't understand the bolded words.

But as long as you're both sexually satisfied, yay
    Maybe this is a TMI question.  But if you don't have sex, how would you know?  Or do you guys engage in, um, extracurricular activities?

Oral gets a lot of hype.  I enjoy it, it's nice.  But it doesn't get me all the way there, ya know?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• smichek said:

I'm with you. Likely stuck out of the box since I'm on mobile, and, well, stuck out of the box? Oral just doesn't do it for me usually. I wish it did!

edited September 2014
    smichek said:
    raissyrais said:

Yes!  Well (and I think I had this convo in some other thread a few months ago) I'm just not the biggest fan of receiving oral.  Idk why exactly, just doesn't do it for me.  So Fi returns the favor in other ways. I'm with you. Likely stuck out of the box since I'm on mobile, and, well, stuck out of the box? Oral just doesn't do it for me usually. I wish it did! -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  OMG dying over here about "Stuck out of the box... oral just doesn't do it for me."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• smichek said:
    smichek said:
    raissyrais said:

SITB

You just haven't had the dick yet ;)

I hope that gross you out/offend you...anything goes in the TMI thread, right?

I'm sorry, FI works out of town.  I only see him on weekends.  It's lonely times here :(

edited September 2014
    smichek said:
    smichek said:
    raissyrais said:

SITB

You just haven't had the dick yet ;)

I hope that gross you out/offend you...anything goes in the TMI thread, right?

I'm sorry, FI works out of town.  I only see him on weekends.  It's lonely times here :(
    ------------------------------------------------------

Yeah.  Dick > oral.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• smichek said:

smichek said:

smichek said:

SITB

Maybe this is a TMI question.  But if you don't have sex, how would you know?  Or do you guys engage in, um, extracurricular activities?

Oral gets a lot of hype.  I enjoy it, it's nice.  But it doesn't get me all the way there, ya know?

We used to engage in extracurriculars. Then FI thought it would be super fun if we didn't do anything that could result in an orgasm for the three months leading up to our wedding. I do not find it fun.

You also have the special circumstance of your FI not having any teeth. That totally changes the game.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards