Chit Chat

What are your goals for the next 1 year?

Yea, I'm really bored at work today.

So what is on your goals or agenda from now to the end of 2015?

April-finish our home improvements over winter, list our house.

April- Get back into my running routine 3 miles a day- haven't done this in like 2 years, need to wait for warm weather because I'm a pansy in the winter and I hate treadmills.

April-September- Buy a new house (if/when ours sells)

September-Talk DH into a first anniversary trip to somewhere international. He's currently fighting me on vacations because they are so expensive but I just want one last one before we start trying to get pregnant.

October- Start trying to get pregnant. lol 

Re: What are your goals for the next 1 year?

• I'd like to get the reno of our master bath done. After that, we're redoing our master bedroom. 

I'd like to try to get through the holidays without murdering my co-workers or my MIL. 

That's it. 
  • Get married in April 2015.  Maybe make a baby in 2015.  LOL

• I'd like to lose about 30 pounds, at least.  Find a new job that I actually look forward to in the morning.

I really want to try for a marathon next year.  Eep.
    Anniversary

• In no particular order: learn how to make pasta from scratch, pay off old credit card debt, start making a better effort to learn Portuguese, get a new job, sell our house and buy a new one, commence with the baby making. 

• Goals for the next year:

Make some serious headway on getting our house fixed up. We have all of these projects we want to do and have put off in order to pay for the wedding.

Go on a honeymoon. We couldn't afford to take one after the wedding and desperately want to go on a romantic beach vacation before our first anniversary.

Run another half marathon

Continue progressing at work. I just got a promotion and I want to make sure that I meet the goals my boss set for me.

NOT get pregnant. H and I want to wait for a few years before we have kids and just enjoy our life exactly the way that it is. We managed to get engaged, buy a house, move in to said house, start to fix up the house, plan a wedding, get married and get a dog in less than a year. We'd like some quiet for the next couple of years.

• I would really love to try and get our basement finished.  When we bought our home H said he wanted to do the basement himself.  It has now been over 3 years and he has yet to get started.  So I can only hope that this year will be THE year.

Get back into running and train for the Baltimore Running Festival in October.  Every week I have said that I was going to start running again and I have yet to do it.

Paint the house.  We have a few rooms done but I am tired of the construction tan that is everywhere.

Go on a vacation just me and H.  We haven't been away together since our HM over 3 years ago so I think it is time.  Our tax return will come in handy for this.

• mrsb53mrsb53 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited October 2014
    I am so with you @jenna8984. I cannot seem to focus on work at all today!!! 

Through the end of this year, I want to:
    - Change my name officially with government and other agencies
    - Take my cats to the vet
    - Take time off work to get a general checkup at the doctor
    - Organize the house and make room for wedding gifts

In 2015, my husband and I want to:
    - Finish house projects including painting, installing flooring, and installing a dishwasher
    - Focus on savings and building our joint savings account
    - Try to eat healthier and exercise more
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • -Get married next weekend and enjoy our kick ass honeymoon in December!
    -Pay off credit card debt
    -Start investing in my 401(k)
    -Buy a new car
    -Complete a century bike ride
    -Start saving for a house
    -Maybe get a job in hometown and move back
  • Goals for 2015:

Start a family (whether it be via pregnancy or adoption).
    Spoil the crap out of my niece / nephew.
    Take over the world.

Ahem, @jells2dot0, there's a good chance I'll be in your (new) neck of the woods visiting my sister & her baby in the Spring.  Let's stay in touch!
  • @lolo883, I'm just curious - why Portuguese? 
  • Goals for 2015:

Start a family (whether it be via pregnancy or adoption).
    Spoil the crap out of my niece / nephew.
    Take over the world.

Ahem, @jells2dot0, there's a good chance I'll be in your (new) neck of the woods visiting my sister & her baby in the Spring.  Let's stay in touch!
    Sounds good @sarahbear31! I wish I had a specific timeline as to when I'll get there, but actually getting back to work and off of short term disability would help :)

@sarahbear31 I think it's a really cool language (aspects of Spanish and French); my industry is opening lots of new offices in Brazil so it could be professionally beneficial; my best friend is from Brazil so I'd have a tutor. :)

@sarahbear31 I think it's a really cool language (aspects of Spanish and French); my industry is opening lots of new offices in Brazil so it could be professionally beneficial; my best friend is from Brazil so I'd have a tutor. :)
    Sweet!  I actually went on a business trip to Brazil in 2004.  I'm fluent in Spanish, so I could somewhat read signs and things if I knew the context.  Otherwise, I was screwed.  It's a beautiful country - I hope you have a chance to visit!
    Sweet!  I actually went on a business trip to Brazil in 2004.  I'm fluent in Spanish, so I could somewhat read signs and things if I knew the context.  Otherwise, I was screwed.  It's a beautiful country - I hope you have a chance to visit!
    Yeah I went to Rio and Sao Paulo a few years ago for her wedding. Would love to go back! 

• Make art my full time job.

Exercise regularly

Make a baby.

Anniversary
  • @lolo883 @sarahbear31 I was also going to ask why Portuguese- seems random but now it makes sense. DH and I were debating getting Rosetta Stone for Spanish or French just for the hell of it. Spanish would come in handy anywhere in this country not just overseas. And both of our grandparents are French-Canadian and the French got lost with our parents so it would be neat to learn it for our heritage....aka my secret Paris trip that I'm pining over/ going to talk DH into  ;)

@slothiegal Marathon would be awesome! I did a half once and then quit running LOL

@jells2dot0 Yaaay for getting back to wrk and getting back to normal! I know you really like your job so that'll be nice and finally getting to move with your husband. So excited for you!

@cupcait927 Yea I'd say you had one hell of a year and should definitely just lay low for the next one!

@maggie0829 Men always want to do everything themselves! I finally had to threaten DH that I was going to call a contractor for our bathroom. Last weekend he torn it all apart. He's supposed to finish it while I'm away this weekend but I don't see it happening. I am also so sick of the tan paint! The previous person wanted it neutral for the sale and painted every single room the same tan so I finally had to paint our room a caribbean- tiffany- type blue green. I don't give a shit about being neutral for the sale- I love it!

• Finish furnishing the entertainment room

Have a baby (hopefully conceived this year)

Get to the Bahamas in March

Enjoy time with my new niece arriving in January!

I haven't thought too much about it yet those are a few off the top of my head though.

Anniversary

• Goals:
    Begin my Masters program this June. 
    Begin saving for a down-payment on a house. 
    Start either taking cooking or painting classes. 
    Really put in an effort to paying off student loans besides just the minimums. 

Anti-Goals:
    Don't get preggo

• Start a family
    Get all our stuff completely unpacked and put away 
    Finish the house updates we started
    Finish this project for work Ive been working on. 
  • MegEn1MegEn1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2014
    November 2014 - Get FI's old keyboard from his parents' house so I can start doing piano again

December 2014 - Pay off the last of my credit card debt

January-March 2015 - Buy a house when our rental lease is up

February 2015 - Be 70lbs down so I can try on wedding dresses (currently 50lbs down)

August 2014 - Be 110lbs down and at my final weight-loss goal

August 2014 - Have all the savings we need to pay off the last of the wedding bills

October 2014 - Get married!

October 2014 - Honeymoon! Either Southern Spain or Turkey

December 2014 - Have all thank-yous done

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
  • Goals:

Anti-Goals:
    Don't get preggo

Oh, that's a good one that I should add. Although my minimums are already pretty high.
  • OH @MegEn1 good call on the piano! I got ours from my mom; was waiting until after the wedding was over to get it tuned and start playing again. Need to get on that!

• Travel Goals:

-April 2015: Riviera Nayarit, Mexico (already booked!)
    -August 2015: Riviera Maya, Mexico
    - November 2015: UK (Southampton/London)
    - Visit home at some point since I wasn't able to travel most of this year
    - Retain SPG Platinum Status (I'm very close to Platinum for life)
    -Get back Platinum Status on an airline (most likely American because of hub locations and I'm close to being a million miler)

• OH @MegEn1 good call on the piano! I got ours from my mom; was waiting until after the wedding was over to get it tuned and start playing again. Need to get on that!
    I'm so excited! It was FI's idea because his parents have a piano at their home in the library. FI likes to go in there and read while I play - he wanted to be able to do that more often.

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
  • Go Skydiving for my 30th bday in June.

Get married 10/17/15.

Cross another continent off my list (I'm thinking Asia.)

• kat1114 said:
    Goals:

Anti-Goals:
    Don't get preggo

Oh, that's a good one that I should add. Although my minimums are already pretty high.
    Ugh, so are ours. That one is probably the most lofty of all of the goals, since it is so easy to just pretend they don't exist lol. 

• @megen1 sounds like you're kicking ass at weight loss! Awesome job- keep it up!!

• Find a counselor and complete pre-marital counseling

Get married!

Purge and organize the apartment--if something's "place" is A Box on the Floor then that is not a real place!

Get a raise

Go on a nice beach vacay with FI this winter

Plan and take a honeymoon...somewhere? Lots of ideas

Start lifting weights
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • @lacqueredlover How many have you been to? I'm at 5 continents. If you do Asia, I highly recommend Japan!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards