Chit Chat

Baby It's Cold Outside

Re: Baby It's Cold Outside

• esstee33 said:
    esstee33 said:
    @PrettyGirlLost - I see your page, but half the posts in this thread are gone, or otherwise out of order. Who knows. 
    Oh did it get FUBAR'd?
    Apparently. I don't see any response from you to an actual post of mine, just the one post paging me. 
    LMFAO.  Do you have me on ignore?
    Okay, some weird shit is definitely going on. Now I can't see any of @esstee33's posts until someone quotes them. I definitely don't have anyone in this thread on ignore... yet ;) Though I think I might add someone.
  • beethery said:
    I just want to say that Manheim Steamroller is the WORST EVER and I'm so disappointed that some of you like it. 

I can't get with them or TSO either. To me, TSO sounds like EXTREME CHRISTMAS video game music. Like, Santa better reload before he gets taken down by aliens!!!!! SEEK COVER, SANTA!
    Hahaha! Totally agree with TSO as well! 
    We're not friends anymore.

I need the manic spaceman Christmas music blasting on 11 to match my psycho DUST ALL THE THINGS AND MAKE CHRISTMAS THROW UP ALL OVER THIS BITCH AND HEY YEAH WE CAN PUT LIGHTS ON THAT AND GLITTERRRRR ERRYWHERE OMG DID SOMEONE SAY COOKIES mode. It just works.

Plus, when you see them in person, there are lasers. And that's cool.
    Lasers only belong at Pink Floyd laser shows!!! 
  • edited November 2014
    Santa Baby is one of my favorite Christmas Songs.

Also:

But Carol of the Bells is fucking terrifying. We sang it in choir one year, and there were about 100 of us, lined up through the aisle, it had to be terrifying as an audience to hear.
    (I still kind of like it...it's just kind of scary...)
  • esstee33 said:
    esstee33 said:
    @PrettyGirlLost - I see your page, but half the posts in this thread are gone, or otherwise out of order. Who knows. 
    Oh did it get FUBAR'd?
    Apparently. I don't see any response from you to an actual post of mine, just the one post paging me. 
    Okay, some weird shit is definitely going on. Now I can't see any of @esstee33's posts until someone quotes them. I definitely don't have anyone in this thread on ignore... yet ;) Though I think I might add someone.
    This happened the other day in that Budget Weddings thread, didn't it? Except that entire thread disappeared and you could only see it if you clicked on it from your profile. 
  • esstee33 said:
    esstee33 said:
    Oh did it get FUBAR'd?
    Threads throughout the boards have been acting kind of odd as of late.  And it always seem to be the threads that are most active.  Maybe TK can't handle our debates?  :)

• TSO makes me want to vom. That is all.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I LOVE SANTA BABY!

image   image   image

• Ok...I take back what I said about Carol of the Bells because this version is pretty awesome.

Maybe it's just when we add in the lyrics that makes it terrifying.
  • esstee33 said:
    esstee33 said:
    Oh did it get FUBAR'd?
    Threads throughout the boards have been acting kind of odd as of late.  And it always seem to be the threads that are most active.  Maybe TK can't handle our debates?  :)
    Why am I not shocked? UGH.

Hahaha, that could totally be it. 
  • esstee33 said:
    esstee33 said:
    esstee33 said:
    Oh did it get FUBAR'd?
    If I had you on ignore, I wouldn't be able to respond to these posts, would I? 
    I was joking!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• I LOVE SANTA BABY!
    I got to sing a solo with it in high school. We'd done in junior high a few years before and my very terrible teacher wouldn't let altos have solos because she honestly said only sopranos could handle the melody parts in songs which is usually what the solos are.

My high school choir teacher did not believe that bullshit and loved featuring alto voices because we often got the "back up" parts. Singing do do do all the time sucks sucks sucks.
  • Aren't there also some kind of undertones to Winter Wonderland? I feel like I've heard this before, something about pretending to get married or something. I dunno, I could be getting stories mixed up. 
    Anniversary

• edited November 2014
     ETA:  Damn you, Vevo.  I tried to put in the video of N'SYNC's Merry Christmas Happy Holidays because that song is the jam.
  • beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    beethery said:
    I just want to say that Manheim Steamroller is the WORST EVER and I'm so disappointed that some of you like it. 

I can't get with them or TSO either. To me, TSO sounds like EXTREME CHRISTMAS video game music. Like, Santa better reload before he gets taken down by aliens!!!!! SEEK COVER, SANTA!
    Hahaha! Totally agree with TSO as well! 
    We're not friends anymore.

I need the manic spaceman Christmas music blasting on 11 to match my psycho DUST ALL THE THINGS AND MAKE CHRISTMAS THROW UP ALL OVER THIS BITCH AND HEY YEAH WE CAN PUT LIGHTS ON THAT AND GLITTERRRRR ERRYWHERE OMG DID SOMEONE SAY COOKIES mode. It just works.

Plus, when you see them in person, there are lasers. And that's cool.

I knew I was getting the visual in my head from something!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Carol of the Bells done right a capella sounds awesome!!!!!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• As a singer who has also gotten roped into performing for those "Video Games Live" travelling concerts on multiple occasions, I am dying laughing about the laser comments despite never having seen TSO (thankfully, it sounds like.)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amelisha said:
    As a singer who has also gotten roped into performing for those "Video Games Live" travelling concerts on multiple occasions, I am dying laughing about the laser comments despite never having seen TSO (thankfully, it sounds like.)
    That's awesome that you're a pro singer.  Have we discussed this before?

• amelishaamelisha member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    amelisha said:
    As a singer who has also gotten roped into performing for those "Video Games Live" travelling concerts on multiple occasions, I am dying laughing about the laser comments despite never having seen TSO (thankfully, it sounds like.)
    That's awesome that you're a pro singer.  Have we discussed this before?
    Not sure if I've mentioned it previously, but really I'd use "pro" pretty loosely - it's just a convenient source of extra cash on occasion, not something I'm in pursuit of as a career or anything. It's just easy money in the case of those kinds of concerts (and Christmas ones, and wedding ceremonies, and that kind of thing.) I pretty much just do the park and bark kind of thing, hand me the music and it's over in an hour or two. Nothing very interesting in all honesty.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You have to find the Muppets Carol of the Bells. It's the best.
  • TKzilla said:

You have to find the Muppets Carol of the Bells. It's the best.

Muppets anything is the best.

Anniversary
  • Am I the only Mariah Carey fan?  All I Want for Christmas is You?

Growing up, my played a Bing Crosby album and the Barbara Streisand Christmas album on repeat for basically all of December.  I hated the Barbara one, but LOVED the Bing one.  Sad to hear he was such an asshole.

Aside from the Mariah Carey stuff, I am really just a big fan of the traditional Christmas Carols.

Growing up, my played a Bing Crosby album and the Barbara Streisand Christmas album on repeat for basically all of December.  I hated the Barbara one, but LOVED the Bing one.  Sad to hear he was such an asshole.

Aside from the Mariah Carey stuff, I am really just a big fan of the traditional Christmas Carols.
    I only like the Mariah thing if it's during "Love Actually" (and then it's amazing.) Her style is really not for me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TKzilla said:
    This one?

• Simky906 said:
    Oh, I really like that version, but then I've always enjoyed that song. I never really got the date rapey-ness vibe from it though. I always thought she was implying that the drink was delicious and she wanted to know what was in it. Like when I was at a friend's place last week and asked her what she used to make her rum punch so good.
    Yeah, this. I can see how it could be interpreted as date-rapey, I just personally don't. Rather than him forcing her to stay, I prefer to see it as her coyly acting like she has to leave but not wanting to. Like OK, twist my arm, guess it really IS too snowy, wink wink.
    This.

It is just a playful song.  Why read so much into it?
    Yes, this is how I see it as well.
  • edited November 2014
    TKzilla said:
    This one?

My other Muppets Christmas favorite - 

• sophhabobophasophhabobopha member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    I guess I'm a rapist for begging Fi to stay at my place vs. his when we lived apart.

JK.  

But I lurve this song and hate Bing. His voice weirds me out.
  • I will never stop loving All I Want For Christmas by Mariah. 

UM YES, I put it up on the first page!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards