Just Engaged and Proposals

how long did you date before he popped the question?

Re: how long did you date before he popped the question?

• it was 2 months before our 7 year anniversary. it was christmas eve.
    i kinda knew about it because he hinted at meeting his grandma for the first time. measured my fingers (all of them so it didnt give it away) i even had my nails done and i still didnt know. 
  • *sigh* It's been 8.5 yrs and no ring yet.
  • Officially? a week. We have known each other since we were both 10, dated for awhile at 14, only broke up because he was my brothers friend. Still had some contact for the next 20 years. Then started talking daily after we both happen to be single at the same time. 
  • We've been dating just over 8 years.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @knskaife Does that mean you have a ring?!
  • 19 Months :D

• 8 years.  He proposed about 30 minutes ago.  We're picking the ring out together in about an hour.

• Thanks.  My ring won't be ready until the end of next week though.  Ahhhh the waiting is agony!

• Congratulations @knskaife !!!

We were together for 7 years exactly when FI proposed on our anniversary :)
  • He popped the question 2 years, 3 months, 3 weeks and 1 day after we started dating. We had openly talked about getting married for a while so I knew it was on both our minds. I guess I was completely oblivious when he took me to Las Vegas for a week. It was supposed to be to celebrate his 21st birthday. Half way through the trip he took me the Eiffel Tower Restaurant but I still didn't think anything of it since he likes nice places and getting dressed up. We had a perfect view of the Bellagio Fountains across the street and the food was delicious. We finished dessert and I playfully said now would be a perfect time to propose. Little did I know that was his plan all along, I was shocked! After telling me how much he loved me he got down on one knee and asked the big question. Of course I was so excited I accidentally put the ring on my own finger. How embarrassing. I had no idea he had even bought a ring, much less asked my dad, who was overseas in a remote area and the only person who knew this was coming. It was a perfect moment that I will never forget. 
  • @HPUgirl27‌ I'm happy that im not the only one to joke about it right before it happened! Last Christmas DH got me some diamond earrings and, like the asshole that I am, joked about "am I getting a ring to match?" Little did I know that a few hours later I would!
  • Too funny! What can we say, we know what we want. At least our men never had to worry if we would actually say yes or not. 
  • We were together 4.5 years before he popped the question. We are getting married on our 6th dating anniversary. I had a feeling that he was going to propose as he had been acting odd the few days prior. Before we left the night we got engaged, my mom asked if I was going to do anything with my fingernails... that's when I really began to suspect that something was up. 

Couldn't be happier to be engaged to my best friend. Only 6 months left until the big day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @haleykhunziker, ha ha friends have told me the manicure question made them suspicious too! And congratulations!!!!
  • 14 years! We started dating in high school :)
  • We've been dating ten months. We've gone ring shopping so he can get an idea of what I want. At every store he picked the ring I fell in love with so I have no worries about him picking it. He says it'll be next year but I don't know exactly when. There's a "plan" that my mom, sister, and his friends are in on but I said I want to know nothing and be surprised when it happens. 

We've started planning the wedding but only a handful of people are involved so that we can still have our surprise. :-) Since we want to get married next October we had to go ahead and book a venue. All the venues in my town that we were interested in have already booked all their Saturdays in October!
  • We were together a year and a month.  But we kind of sort of dated back in 6th grade, lost contact, then reunited.  I had a feeling he might propose since we were in Disney World, but the exact time and location was a complete surprise.
  • 16 months. I knew it was coming, and I even figured out when. But fortunately my friends figured out that I knew, told my fiancé and they changed the original plan so it was still a surprise!!!
  • Just over 2 years, the same weekend we moved in together! 

We'd started talking marriage after we'd been together for about a year, but I told him I wasn't interested in even thinking about marriage until I finished grad school. He bought the ring a week before my graduation in May but decided to wait to ask me and planned on asking me on my birthday. He didn't make it to my birthday, he got way too excitied and decided he couldn't hide the ring from me if we were living together.

So after moving all day over labor day weekend, hot and sweaty and gross, he pops the question. It was so perfect.
  • A few months shy of 5 years and I knew that he was going to pop the question when he did. However, I'm a snoop and can't handle surprises :) I couldn't have asked for a better proposal though :))
  • 2 years, 8 months, but we were a thing since we were about 11, even though we did not officially date until the month before our 19th birthdays(he and I were both born in May, nineteen days apart). When it happened, the general consensus was "Well, FINALLY."
  • We met when I was 19 and he was 22. We dated for 2 years and 8 months before we got engaged!!
  • allison09allison09 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2015
    He proposed just over a year of us being together. He did propose about a month into our relationship. I, of course, said yes, but we both agreed that wasn't a proper proposal (he did it kneeling next to the bed) so, we agreed he would do it properly at a later time. We started looking at rings together in September, and by November, we were engaged! I am so in love with him and I can't imagine my life without him! I would have married him the first day we started seeing each other!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • He proposed after about 1 year and 10 months of dating and 7 months of living together. He proposed on his birthday and I definitely didn't expect that. I was expecting it in general though maybe for Christmas or our 2 year anniversary. We had been talking about getting married so I knew it would come eventually. It was nice to be a bit surprised though! :)
  • My FI asked me at midnight, making it exactly out 1 year anniversary. She hid the ring under her pillow and after and evening out to dinner and a movie she brought me home very late and just as it turned midnight she sat me down and proposed.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker}
  • We were dating for 6 and a half years. I assumed it was coming but after dating for 6 years you sorta stop expecting things ;) 

To be fair 3 years of it was long distance Wisconsin to Texas so we only saw each other spring break, Christmas break and summer a total of 4 months and 2 weeks a year for the first 3 years. Then we have lived together for the last three years.
  • Five months. We picked out the ring at four.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards