Chit Chat

Done

Re: Done

• I will say that no too long ago, I said something in a post on TK that someone didn't like (it wasn't one of the regs; I don't even remember the user name and I don't think I've seen her around here recently?). 

Then I started a thread on a different board with a different topic maybe a week later. That same person showed up in the thread and made a nasty comment based on the thing I had said before that she didn't agree with. Had nothing to do with the current topic at all. She just followed me from a different board to be a bitch. 

Luckily one of the regs called her on it right away and she disappeared. I wouldn't call that bullying, but it was headed in that direction. However, the fact that someone else called her on it so fast definitely points out that TK is not a place for cyber bullies, and I don't think actual bullying would ever be tolerated here. 
  • pinkrevenge I must know what you speak of

• It's definitely taken more seriously now than it was in the 80s and 90s. 

The girl that was the ring leader used to be one of my friends. She turned on me in 6th grade. One day during a science experiment, she thought it would be funny to put tacks all over my chair. I put my hand on one, and I when I went to the teacher, she reprimanded her and gave her extra homework. That's it. Nothing else was done. And of course, the bullying just got worse. 
  • The nail polish/beauty world is full of crazy haha.  It's insane.  
    I feel like you had an encounter with the Peach Bellini candle lady.
    FRIGGIN JEN.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Oh! And how could I forget! The day she was yelling out IN CLASS to everyone that I had "large breasteses" (it was from an In Living Color skit). Again, my teacher didn't say anything. Just let her keep harrassing me. 
  • It's definitely taken more seriously now than it was in the 80s and 90s. 

The girl that was the ring leader used to be one of my friends. She turned on me in 6th grade. One day during a science experiment, she thought it would be funny to put tacks all over my chair. I put my hand on one, and I when I went to the teacher, she reprimanded her and gave her extra homework. That's it. Nothing else was done. And of course, the bullying just got worse. 
    Sadly I think it is taken more seriously now because of how the bullying remarks are documented and made public in writing on social media.  Also, there has been a lot of young teens who have committed suicide but posted on social media the bullying that they were put under prior to killing themselves.  It is sad that it takes things in writing and for teens to kill themselves before complaints are taken seriously.

• Oh! And how could I forget! The day she was yelling out IN CLASS to everyone that I had "large breasteses" (it was from an In Living Color skit). Again, my teacher didn't say anything. Just let her keep harrassing me. 
    What is it about boob sizes that say "PICK ON ME", like its a thing we can control. I got made fun of non-stop for having big boobs. But my friend who has always had barely there boobs (her words), also got teased! WTF? Big boobs, bad. Small boobs, bad. Yeah, cause I woke up one day and was all "Ya know what'd make 7th grade better? D cup boobs". 
  • When I was in junior high these girls I was in school with started this website page thing that was all about how much they hated me and how I was a lesbian and fat and terrible and no one should like me.

It was like an on-line burn book. Except dedicated solely to me. Then they sent me a daily link to see what the "post of the day" about me. They found out I liked some boy, and they got him to write about how he'd never date fat looser like me. 

No idea why they hated me so much. Pretty sure no one on TK has ever created a webpage specifically about all the ways in which I suck.
    That's so upsetting. I'm sorry that happened to you. I was bullied when I was in junior high. I'm old, so the internet didn't exist back then, which meant my bullies did a lot of it to my face. I often wonder why a teacher never stepped in to do anything. 
    Yeah the internet was pretty new when I was in school, so most of the bullying happened to my face too, and most of it was conducted by my psycho ex and then he got his asshole friends to jump in on occasion. Teachers would overhear him yelling that I was a "Jewish whore" and that he was going to "end my life" and all kinds of nasty bullshit. They would report him to the principal, but somehow he was buddies with the principal, who also happened to be a total douche (and got fired right after I graduated) so he got away with everything. He even slammed me into lockers and stuff. I would have bruises on me all the time, but I guess none of it was "proof" enough for anyone to do anything about it. 

What is it about boob sizes that say "PICK ON ME", like its a thing we can control. I got made fun of non-stop for having big boobs. But my friend who has always had barely there boobs (her words), also got teased! WTF? Big boobs, bad. Small boobs, bad. Yeah, cause I woke up one day and was all "Ya know what'd make 7th grade better? D cup boobs". 

This made me remember an incident on the playground in like 4th grade. I had a friend who was loud and outspoken and bold. There was a new girl who had VERY large breasts (in my mind, seeing how I wasn't wearing a training bra yet) and my friend would pretend to be friends with her by calling her over to play with us, but she would says hey xx, simon says jump and down! And would giggle. When we were alone she would giggle about it to me about how funny it is to watch her breasts bounce up and down. I never understood it and I think I said "I don't think it's funny" or something and I don't recall it happening again. But that stood out to me.

image   image   image

• @Sugargirl1019, gee when anyone has wanted to watch my boobs bounce up and down it wasn't cause it was funny...it was for a whole other reason. Just saying....
  • I was thirteen when the age of AOL and AIM was just becoming popular.   I was chatting with friends online in a chat room, no big deal, whatever.    Next night I'm in my room doing homework and get an angry yell from my father to 'COME DOWNSTAIRS RIGHT THIS MINUTE!'

Apparently we had just gotten a phone call, he answered it, it was a collect call from the state penitentiary saying an inmate wanted to talk to me and said they knew me from online (WTF!?!)  I freaked, because I had no idea what they were talking about, my dad freaked because not knowing the internet he assumed I had actually knowingly spoken to a convict, because 'Why else would they have your name and number?'   I calmed him down and said they could've gotten it from any number of places online or by hacking into the computer.   I was scared off of chat sites for a long time after that.
    I still don't get it either. I definitely had the largest breasts in my grade, and I was picked on relentlessly for it. It was so awful. I used to pray I'd wake up with smaller boobs. 
  • I used to get picked on for being tall and having boobs (and my period) too.  I hit puberty at about 9 and I HATED it.  But now my boobs haven't grown since really.

• When I was in junior high these girls I was in school with started this website page thing that was all about how much they hated me and how I was a lesbian and fat and terrible and no one should like me.

It was like an on-line burn book. Except dedicated solely to me. Then they sent me a daily link to see what the "post of the day" about me. They found out I liked some boy, and they got him to write about how he'd never date fat looser like me. 

No idea why they hated me so much. Pretty sure no one on TK has ever created a webpage specifically about all the ways in which I suck.
    Luckily the world of myspace and facebook really didn't occur until I was in college. Though they did have to remove two bathroom stall doors at my high school where some crazy bitches were writing shit about me and my friends decided to respond. It was like an old school facebook fight! 
  • I got bullied several times when I was a kid and was told "Just ignore it" or in some cases to report it to some adult whose sole response was to accuse all the kids, me included, of wrongdoing and punish me as well as the other kids. It did nothing to stop the bullying.

That said, when Philip Seymour Hoffman died, a Facebook friend posted a farewell tribute on his page, and another person responded twice with very snide and vicious comments that attacked and insulted both Hoffman and other people who'd commented on the original post. Really wanted to stir things up, I guess. And I once blocked a friend of my brother's after some political disagreements. But those incidents were mild compared to what other people have experienced.
  • I was in school before the age of the internet, so I've never experienced cyber bullying, but 10 years of it had e suicidal for a long time.

One of the worst situations was in junior high, where in front of a group of about 200 kids AND a teacher, went on and on about how I was screwing my brother.  Didn't matter what I said, because, of course, since he said it, it must be true, right?  I went up to that teacher right afterwards, and you know what she told me???  "He's a very nice boy, he'd never do a thing like that!"  Well, bitch, you were 10 feet away when he said it!

Of course, that little gem hadn't been helped by the fact that I'd been molested by the next door neighbor.

I can't remember the number of times that I'd been pushed into lockers, down stairs, etc.  It was always "so-and-so is a nice person, they'd never do that"  It fucking drove me around the bend.

I remember being sick and going to see the doctor in my year at university.  She tried to tell me that it was stress, because, you know, it's stressful being at university.  She totally didn't understand that there was like NO stress in comparison to being at home!

• Shit. Y'all are making me extremely thankful that I was homeschooled and so all I got was familial teasing. Oh, and my brother's best friend calling me "fat lard" regularly.

Hugs for everyone.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Cyber bullies are the worst. My little sister gets a lot of it because her bullies know she can't hear them, so they put that crap on Facebook.
  • For those not in the know about the Candle reviewer (yes, this is her thing). I find this video to be my favorite one:

Angela vs Bath and Body works

*Spews water all over computer screen*
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited June 2015
  • For those not in the know about the Candle reviewer (yes, this is her thing). I find this video to be my favorite one:

Angela vs Bath and Body works
    What in the...?

DH walked in just as I was watching this video. Lol.
  • Well I'm sure many of you remember Dextergate, that was good fun. Who can forget "I've called the police and they're coming! I'll have you arrested for Declamation of Character!"

-not a crime (civil problem)
    -No they aren't
    -not a real thing.
    I still wonder sometimes if Dexter ever made it home :( 
  • levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    When I was in junior high these girls I was in school with started this website page thing that was all about how much they hated me and how I was a lesbian and fat and terrible and no one should like me.

I'm so sorry.  That happened to me with a physical "burnbook" notebook.  The girls would write in it and then share it with each other in front of me.  They also made a bet about how long it would take for one of the guys to get into my pants and got the "hott" guy in school in on it.  It was terrible.  That's real bullying.  I can only imagine how much worse I would have felt if it was online too.  At least I got to leave them at the end of the day and go home. People suck.  

• lacqueredlover said:
    I used to get picked on for being tall and having boobs (and my period) too.  I hit puberty at about 9 and I HATED it.  But now my boobs haven't grown since really.
    Dude same.

One time I searched my name on juicycampus...lol. There was one nasty comment about me and I could tell exactly who it was from - a pledge in the frat I hung out with.

When I was about 16, some friends and I went to a concert featuring a local tough guy hardcore band. My little brother (about 12 years old at the time) and a friend of his were also there. The band had their "crew" and they started a fight and injured my brother's little friend, and I had the venue staff remove them. I guess they posted about it on myspace along with a link to my profile, because their "fans" started sending me all kinds of hateful messages. Like dozens of them each day for a couple weeks. Most of the insults (ugly, fat, every misogynistic or otherwise foul name you've ever heard) didn't bother me because anyone who has time to harass a teenage girl they've never met is a loser. But I didn't go to anymore shows for months because of the threats.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited June 2015
  • What's even grosser is that often adults treat girls with big breasts like they are "sluts," too. As if the male attention they get is somehow their own fault for daring to, ya know, grow.

Rape culture starts young and doesn't let go. :(
    Truth yo.

I had a friend's mom tell her, in front of me, she should be careful hanging with a girl like me since I was bound to have a reputation. Girls who looked like me always did according to her. 
  • Well I'm sure many of you remember Dextergate, that was good fun. Who can forget "I've called the police and they're coming! I'll have you arrested for Declamation of Character!"

-No they aren't
    -not a real thing.
    He didn't. His original owner went with police to the foster's home and demanded him back, and she told the police she had been a temporary carrier, not the actual, eventual foster, and she didn't know who had become his foster or his new owner. I don't know if the original owner requested the cops go to the president's home or not, since she lived in another town, but she said the cat had been adopted by then. It was like Taken, but with a cat.
    What a sad update. =( People suck.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    Well I'm sure many of you remember Dextergate, that was good fun. Who can forget "I've called the police and they're coming! I'll have you arrested for Declamation of Character!"

-No they aren't
    -not a real thing.
    He didn't. His original owner went with police to the foster's home and demanded him back, and she told the police she had been a temporary carrier, not the actual, eventual foster, and she didn't know who had become his foster or his new owner. I don't know if the original owner requested the cops go to the president's home or not, since she lived in another town, but she said the cat had been adopted by then. It was like Taken, but with a cat.
    That is awful. Just fucking awful.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards