Snarky Brides
Options

Facebook overshare snark

Re: Facebook overshare snark

• Options
    FI has a cousin that had a baby 8 months ago. Her posts consist of: 1- she's an antivaxxer. Enough said. 2- she labored for 3 days NATURALLY. She loves to post her labor story at any opportunity she gets. "I'm sure your day was tough. I labored for 68 hrs to have Baby K. It was the best and worst thing ever!" 3- she's also breast feeding. And posts pictures of him feeding. ALL THE TIME. TO HER 1,200 FB FRIENDS. Wtf? And uses hash tags like #feedwithoutfear. 4- she's a cosleeper with the baby IN the bed with her. Not in a bassinet nearby. In the bed with her. She has no plans of ever moving him out. "I can never kick him out of my bed. We'll cosleep for as long as we can. He's my world!" I finally had to hide her. If I saw her tit one more time, I was going to lose my shit.
    Isn't this dangerous? Like couldn't you possibly roll on top of the baby and suffocate them to death by accident? I snuggle right up against my SO for his warmth, I could not see this turning out well if I did this with a kid.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

FI has a cousin that had a baby 8 months ago. Her posts consist of: 1- she's an antivaxxer. Enough said. 2- she labored for 3 days NATURALLY. She loves to post her labor story at any opportunity she gets. "I'm sure your day was tough. I labored for 68 hrs to have Baby K. It was the best and worst thing ever!" 3- she's also breast feeding. And posts pictures of him feeding. ALL THE TIME. TO HER 1,200 FB FRIENDS. Wtf? And uses hash tags like #feedwithoutfear. 4- she's a cosleeper with the baby IN the bed with her. Not in a bassinet nearby. In the bed with her. She has no plans of ever moving him out. "I can never kick him out of my bed. We'll cosleep for as long as we can. He's my world!" I finally had to hide her. If I saw her tit one more time, I was going to lose my shit.
    Isn't this dangerous? Like couldn't you possibly roll on top of the baby and suffocate them to death by accident? I snuggle right up against my SO for his warmth, I could not see this turning out well if I did this with a kid.
    It is a danger, there have been documented cases of smothering and such.  SUPPOSEDLY, March of Dimes also found a link b/w co-sleeping and SIDS, but I dunno.  I don't like babies, so I can't imagine having one in my bed.  FFS, I need some ALONE time.  I feel sorry for this woman's husband.  That baby / toddler / grade schooler in the bed is going to put a major damper on their sex life, I'd bet.

• Options

peachy13 said:

And now one of my FB friends has gotten engaged over the weekend. She's already posting her wedding date (5/28/16 - yes that's a holiday three day weekend.) Told everybody to save the date! Has posted a photo of every single gift she's received from her work, from her future in laws... Ugh. This is going to be a long year and a half.

Ahh oh jeez, I would say unfriend but I want you to stay tuned and give us updates on this trainwreck.

Well the update today is: She's posted another gift basket she got from her Mom on her engagement. AND SHE'S MADE A WEDDING WEBSITE. And posted the link. And told everybody to check it out and she can't wait to share her wedding with everybody. She has over a thousand friends.

-----(boxes need to get with the fucking program on mobile.)----

The latest updates:
    - She has posted a status/quote about how girls get so caught up in the wedding and its not important. The only important thing is being with someone you could marry that day. (Its apparently a Lauren Conrad quote?)
    - She has purchased a "sweating for the wedding!" Tank for her work outs. Two. Tanks. "I can't workout without it! What if it gets dirty?"
    - She's announced her bridal party.
    - Lastly, she posted a status about asking her brother to walk her down the aisle. He said yes!!

Fucking Hell.

• Options
    FYI: cosleeping is a documented risk factor for sudden death in infants and children. Trust me, it does kill. Drives me nuts when people try to downplay it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    mikenbergermikenberger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    rajahmd said:

FYI: cosleeping is a documented risk factor for sudden death in infants and children. Trust me, it does kill. Drives me nuts when people try to downplay it.

I'd quote the first thread where this subject popped up considering I brought it into this convo but mobile SUCKS. I didn't mention it for a debate of yay or nay co-sleep. I'd appreciate the Facebook snark of this thread be enjoyed and save that debate for its own thread.

Because seriously, I need to be able to vent about this FB friend of mine.

• Options
    My favorite facebook friend is this guy I vaguely knew back in high school. He had this girlfriend 4 or 5 years ago or so and these two either had NO awareness that facebook is, y'know, public or they were A-ok with 100s of people knowing the intimate details of their sex life. And by that I mean, openly discussing their plans to go have sex without a condom in a mall bathroom. Shit you not. Like, there was an actual debate about whether or not a condom should be worn and the verdict was basically "nah, fuck it".  GUESS WHAT, they now have a kid and aren't together.
  • Options
    @lnixon8 I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this! Um... like, this actually happened in 2012, and before that in 2007, and will happen again in 2018. Actually, it will happen predictably every 5-6 years, but NOT in 2014! Please take your chain messages elsewhere.
  • Options
    @wrigleyville I'm guilty of liking the individual pictures instead of the whole album as well, but only to point out the pictures I really like.  So I wouldn't like all 150, I would like about 8 or 9.  So that makes me not as bad as your uncle? 

• Options
    kerbohl said:
    @wrigleyville I'm guilty of liking the individual pictures instead of the whole album as well, but only to point out the pictures I really like.  So I wouldn't like all 150, I would like about 8 or 9.  So that makes me not as bad as your uncle? 
    Yeah, that's not so bad. :)
  • Options
    I'm ready to just link the PPD thread rules to one "friend" on FB.  The entire lead up to their PPD has been about their wedding.  They insist because the group is from the UK, they always planned on 2 weddings and literally have buried the first wedding like it didn't happen.  They just had the PPD and update the FB status to "married" effective this day, even though the status was previously "married' and using the married name.  

*GAGS*
  • Options
    I had another friend get engaged. Fucking hell. So far she's posted a picture to Instagram; a picture of her computer screen of her relationship status on Facebook "Still can't believe it!". Posted minimum one status daily, including "The date has been picked! Xx/xx/xx! Save the date!"

I have much annoyance between her and the other one.

• Options
    We went on a vacation with friends and one of the girls posted 500+ pictures of the vacation. FIVE HUNDRED. 

Of course she went through them all and removed the ones where she looks like shit but where others have their eyes closed, look wasted, can see up their skirts, etc. because she's a bitch like that. And she only tags people in the ones where they look like shit. I have learned over the years to offer to take photos FOR her so that I'm never IN them. People like her are the reason I have the "tag review" feature enabled.
    This. If you upload a picture to FB/Instagram and you look your all-time best and I look like a slutty drunk walrus, be a good person and don't tag me in this picture. In fact, don't post this picture. Don't let the world see this picture. I don't understand why people do this.

• Options
    peachy13 said:
    We went on a vacation with friends and one of the girls posted 500+ pictures of the vacation. FIVE HUNDRED. 

Of course she went through them all and removed the ones where she looks like shit but where others have their eyes closed, look wasted, can see up their skirts, etc. because she's a bitch like that. And she only tags people in the ones where they look like shit. I have learned over the years to offer to take photos FOR her so that I'm never IN them. People like her are the reason I have the "tag review" feature enabled.
    This. If you upload a picture to FB/Instagram and you look your all-time best and I look like a slutty drunk walrus, be a good person and don't tag me in this picture. In fact, don't post this picture. Don't let the world see this picture. I don't understand why people do this.
    At least I can understand why she posted it if she looks fantastic, even if you look like a slutty drunk walrus. What I don't get is why in hell anyone would post a picture of JUST you, where you look like a slutty drunk walrus!
  • Options
    My distant-cousin takes screenshots of HER snapchats every single day and posts them to facebook.  Same pose.  All selfies.  Every.Single.Day.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

• Options
    DF's cousin posted 800+ wedding photos in 4 different albums. It was pretty fun looking at all of them, but between the initial post and subsequent comments/likes, it clogged up my newsfeed for like two weeks.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I'd quote the first thread where this subject popped up considering I brought it into this convo but mobile SUCKS. I didn't mention it for a debate of yay or nay co-sleep. I'd appreciate the Facebook snark of this thread be enjoyed and save that debate for its own thread. Because seriously, I need to be able to vent about this FB friend of mine.
    I'm pretty sure this was in response to someone else saying that cosleeping is "SUPPOSEDLY" linked to SIDS, like it was some sort of made up theory. It also pisses me off when people downplay it. It is a real, documented, dangerous thing. No "supposedly" about it.

Also, you know that whole "you can't tell others how to post"-thing? Yeah, still applies here. When I see someone someone spouting some bullshit, I will ALWAYS say something, regardless of the topic of the thread. @Rajahmd just happened to beat me to it.
  • Options
    I just wanted to throw out that a few people (yes, multiple) on my FB are now referring to their dogs as their children, to the point where they post about their parents visiting "the granddog".

...for real? Am I the only one who finds this insane? Don't get me wrong, I love animals, but I think this is just strange.
  • Options
    rcher920 said:

I just wanted to throw out that a few people (yes, multiple) on my FB are now referring to their dogs as their children, to the point where they post about their parents visiting "the granddog".

...for real? Am I the only one who finds this insane? Don't get me wrong, I love animals, but I think this is just strange.
    My dad calls my dogs his "granddogs". I just laugh and roll my eyes.
  • Options
    I totally refer to my cat as my kid. And my parents as her grandparents and she has a uncle furball (FI and my best friend). But I know its crazy :) I'm alright with it. But I'd never refer to her as my kid with someone that wouldn't know that she's a cat.

• Options
    rcher912rcher912 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    @morewineplease Hahaha, to be totally honest, I do this too. It's a great redirect.
  • Options
    I have no problem referring to pets as fur-babies. You have to clean up their poop for 15 years instead of two, after all. 

• Options
    mikenberger in regards to people who don't know you have a cat, funny/not-really-funny story:

At work, an adjunct faculty member told her department chair that "her baby" died. This faculty member works remotely in an online program, so the chair didn't really know her that well. The chair went to the dean basically freaking out and talking about what kind of support they could offer her.
    Turns out the "baby" was a dog.  Of course that's still devastating but then you're not talking bereavement time off or counseling or something.  The chair apparently spoke with the faculty member as though she lost a human baby and felt really awkward about it later...

• Options
    Saw through the lovely "John Doe liked Jane Doe's post" that someone like a wedding album with 543 pictures.  Sheesh!  Who has time to go through all that?  Of course, my first thought was only this thread will appreciate it!

• Options

mikenberger in regards to people who don't know you have a cat, funny/not-really-funny story:

At work, an adjunct faculty member told her department chair that "her baby" died. This faculty member works remotely in an online program, so the chair didn't really know her that well. The chair went to the dean basically freaking out and talking about what kind of support they could offer her.
    Turns out the "baby" was a dog.  Of course that's still devastating but then you're not talking bereavement time off or counseling or something.  The chair apparently spoke with the faculty member as though she lost a human baby and felt really awkward about it later...
    Oh my goodness. That's crazy

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards