Not Engaged Yet

UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva

Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:6e764292-c02b-48b1-9ab9-ab7b5e4670ef">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : Apparently you missed my autocorrect on FB the other day. I'll clarify: I posted about my vagina (not on public FB, FYI) which I intended to call 'ladybits' and my phone decided it needed to be called 'ladybird'. Squatch is my future drunk last name. Thus, Ladybird Squatch.
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

<div>Ah. I meant to read those comments in that post. Look what happens when I don't read!! </div><div>
    </div><div>Forgiveness extended. My apologies, Ladybird. </div>
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:38b8b9aa-c3f3-4472-95f3-1ef2f9b1e95a">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva :  And, as someone who is pro-life, if the choice comes down to a mother having an abortion or the child being adopted by two mommies or daddies, I chose the latter.  <strong>Unfortunately, Catholic theology doesn't really allow for relativism.</strong>  It's hard to not be relativistic and say that a child could be worse off.  My husband & I want to adopt (esp since I have PCOS and thyroid issues and may not be able to conceive).  Most places in Texas want a couple who has been married for 2+ years, though.
    Posted by TXKristan[/QUOTE]

<div>Catholic theology doesn't, but the Bible does. I don't mean to sound combative, but this is one of the reasons why I renounced my Catholicism and now consider myself a Methodist but most importantly, a Christian. I have found that the Catholic church clings to these tenets, when they have as much validity as such other tenets as not being allowed to wear two different types of materials (hmm, I've got cotton, wool and leather going right now), or not being able to touch the skin of a dead pig (football, anyone?). Those things are now allowable, but marrying the one you love? Not allowed if you are the same sex. Then adopting a baby? Scandalous. </div><div>
    </div><div>I just don't understand how these can be the battles that are being fought by the Church. I agree with other posters, though... you are incredibly thoughtful in your responses and seem to be open-minded.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'll leave you with one of my favorite West Wing scenes ever: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1-ip47WYWc" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><font color="#0000ff">HERE</font></a>. Start around 1:28</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:246fde9e-b1d1-43d5-bd0c-de91a34f458c">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seriously we're just a spec of sand in space.  Anyways.... <strong>U/O: I have no idea why people go crazy over make up or Sephora.  But that may come from my lack of make up experience.</strong> Confession:  I have no want or desire to work out anymore I kind of want to be a slug but all you bi@tches and your threads about eating right and working out and bringing me down. Confession: I know that a lot of BSC has been coming out of the walls lately, but seriously can some of you ladies dial back the claws a bit.  It is their first time posting here.  They sure need to lurk or read the sticky but some of you can exercise a bit of restraint.  I'm not talking about blowing rainbows up their ass but please don't rip them a new one.
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

Where were you when I UnpopOPped this last week??

ETA: I didn't flame it.

*******************************************************************************************

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:434b9d88-fa15-410c-8abb-913a07fd257c">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : I saw a <strong>grouper fish</strong> once while scuba diving last summer in the Gulf and that fish was the ugliest fish I've ever seen. It was huge too. I think the Instructor said he was around 200 lbs. Anyways, I'm glad those other scary fish are far away.
    Posted by mhollister89[/QUOTE]

I caught one of those on a fishing trip last year.  It sucked.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:fd9cfeb2-bea6-4fbd-9363-fa791b1b6d37">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : Catholic theology doesn't, but the Bible does. I don't mean to sound combative, but <strong>this is one of the reasons why I renounced my Catholicism and now consider myself a Methodist but most importantly, a Christian.</strong> I have found that the Catholic church clings to these tenets, when they have as much validity as such other tenets as not being allowed to wear two different types of materials (hmm, I've got cotton, wool and leather going right now), or not being able to touch the skin of a dead pig (football, anyone?). Those things are now allowable, but marrying the one you love? Not allowed if you are the same sex. Then adopting a baby? Scandalous.  I just don't understand how these can be the battles that are being fought by the Church. I agree with other posters, though... you are incredibly thoughtful in your responses and seem to be open-minded. I'll leave you with one of my favorite West Wing scenes ever:  HERE . Start around 1:28
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Love love love love you. </div><div>
    </div><div>Also, have you read A Year of Biblical Womanhood yet? I seriously recommend it to ANYONE who wants to know more about "what the Bible says about women." It's hilarious and so eye opening. 

</div>

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:fd9cfeb2-bea6-4fbd-9363-fa791b1b6d37">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : Catholic theology doesn't, but the Bible does. I don't mean to sound combative, but this is one of the reasons why I renounced my Catholicism and now consider myself a Methodist but most importantly, a Christian.<strong> I have found that the Catholic church clings to these tenets, when they have as much validity as such other tenets as not being allowed to wear two different types of materials (hmm, I've got cotton, wool and leather going right now), or not being able to touch the skin of a dead pig (football, anyone?). Those things are now allowable, but marrying the one you love? Not allowed if you are the same sex. Then adopting a baby? Scandalous.  I just don't understand how these can be the battles that are being fought by the Church.</strong> I agree with other posters, though... you are incredibly thoughtful in your responses and seem to be open-minded. I'll leave you with one of my favorite West Wing scenes ever:  HERE . Start around 1:28
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

ALL. OF. THIS.

*******************************************************************************************

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:cb5332b9-f676-404a-893f-6d25c50f6f87">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : I caught one of those on a fishing trip last year.<strong>  It sucked.</strong>
    Posted by buddysmom80[/QUOTE]

<div>Flamed.  Grouper are delicious.</div>
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:5951c89c-670f-46b9-8641-c459717d2721">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]Know what boggles my mind? SPACE.  It freaks me the hell out so bad just to think about it being up there. 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

I'm convinced that space is the reason I have insomnia, as my dad, instead of reading a bedtime story, would point out the window and talk about the vastness of the Universe. He'd kiss me, say goodnight, leave the room... and I'd stare in horror at the unending void.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:cd46f56b-b03f-4c81-b866-883f0318dac6">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]For rdr:
    Posted by LaSak87[/QUOTE]

<div>I love you.</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:246fde9e-b1d1-43d5-bd0c-de91a34f458c">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seriously we're just a spec of sand in space.  Anyways.... U/O:<strong> I have no idea why people go crazy over make up or Sephora.  But that may come from my lack of make up experience.</strong> Confession:  I have no want or desire to work out anymore I kind of want to be a slug but all you bi@tches and your threads about eating right and working out and bringing me down. Confession: I know that a lot of BSC has been coming out of the walls lately, but seriously can some of you ladies dial back the claws a bit.  It is their first time posting here.  They sure need to lurk or read the sticky but some of you can exercise a bit of restraint.  I'm not talking about blowing rainbows up their ass but please don't rip them a new one.
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

It's like my candy/toy store where I can't justify purchasing any of it, but want it all!!!! BUT I also was introduced to makeup and beauty products from a tender age (dance recitals & hairdresser mom - beauty tradshows starting at 12)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:77165b12-ec9a-4311-96f7-7770b16a1215">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : Flamed.  Grouper are delicious.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

No the grouper was delicious!!!!  Catching it was what sucked.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:cb2372d9-8454-4296-9c4d-b1cab159df07">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : I'm convinced that space is the reason I have insomnia, as my dad, instead of reading a bedtime story, would point out the window and talk about the vastness of the Universe. He'd kiss me, say goodnight, leave the room... and I'd stare in horror at the unending void.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

<div>It's SO fucklng freaky I can't even stand it. </div>

• leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2013
    I flame you all for not devoting a page of this thread to Nathan Fillion like the ladies on E did.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:ca49aec2-1c52-472d-b3c7-1130341263d9">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : That is horrifying. I hate space. I also hate the depths of the ocean. I am way too freaked the fluck out about all of that stuff. <strong>I hate pondering my own existence and the insignifance of it all. Also, death. Terrified</strong>.
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

<div>All of this. </div><div>
    </div><div>The thought of not existing anymore and where will I be? ACK.</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:901a71c0-62c5-4a55-b6e2-2afc971554f4">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame you all for not devoting a page of this thread to Nathon Fillion like the ladies on E did.
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]

No, that was unacceptable. We can make a swooning thread, that's fine, but that does NOT belong in FFF/UO/Confessions.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:901a71c0-62c5-4a55-b6e2-2afc971554f4">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame you all for not devoting a page of this thread to Nathon Fillion like the ladies on E did.

<div>Who is Nathon Fillion?</div>

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:d2e9bfd8-0645-485e-9a6c-867ca3a93f07">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva :
    Posted by LaSak87[/QUOTE]

Sak that was awesome, and so needed on a Friday. 

I remember my science teacher used to tell us there are more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on a beach.  It doesn't freak me out but it makes me wonder who the FRACK is out there cause surely we're not alone.

Peek I will give a great big hug to the great big shark when I see it. 
  • UO: I <3 KM Cry I somehow missed her post about backing off which makes me sad. I realize I am still a newb so if I get flamed I understand.

<div>Yea, I'm not really sure who that is. And I don't really care to know. </div>

• Liv, I don't want to scare you with the following information, but my now-husband took over a year to say, I love you. 14 months actually. Now, obviously, he's special! It was very hard though. Hugs! And good luck. It'll be perfect when he does say it. (His parents were married, but his mother was on her second marriage. So maybe that was part of it. Also, we worked together for the first 6 months or so.)

Confession: I was born and raised Catholic, but I haven't been to church since my wedding day (in September). All this religious talk to bringing out my Catholic guilt!

• leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:59472c39-33ef-4992-8130-cce54136e82a">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : Who is Nathon Fillion?
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

I don't think Nathon exists, because I'm lame and can't type nor do I proofread. It should be the regular spelling.

Have you ever seen Castle? The first two seasons are excellent (it gets a little hit and miss after that).
  • edited March 2013
    Oh, don't get me wrong, NF is adorbs. I just like the discussion with discussion & hotness with hotness.

I for one, have a giant mega crush on Joseph Gordon-Leavitt, but I will save the pics for a different time.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:8656ae63-5524-4465-8090-fa1f38e2b340">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : Mine and BF's relationship moved pretty slowly at first. I don't know how long you and B have been together but it took BF six months to tell me he loved me. He just doesn't take those words lightly at all and wanted to be sure that he meant it. But I had worries too when I saw that my friends relationships were moving faster. Things worked out for us though and I'm really glad he took his time in saying it rather than saying it because he thought he was supposed to or to keep up with anyone else. Have you said "I love you"?
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

I want to second this. My bf and I took it very slow and didn't say I love you until probably 5 or 6 months into our relationship. I actually said it first even though I'd been feeling it inside for quite awhile. We're living together now and have been together for nearly two years and things are great! Some people just move at different paces than others. Sometimes it's difficult for me to watch other friends get engaged and married but I know that our time will come when it's right for both us. We both agreed a long time ago that we weren't in any rush and right now we're just enjoying our lives together.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:984e6b73-3deb-48bb-845c-0a635936e503">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, don't get me wrong, NF is adorbs. I just like the discussion with discussion & hotness with hotness. I for one, have a giant mega crush on Joseph Gordon-Leavitt, but I will save the pics for a different time.
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

I think that's fair. We can have a whole other thread to express our undying love for various people.
  • tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    My worst nightmare is scuba diving because then I can actually SEE what is in the ocean with me, and/or being in the middle of the ocean/lake/pond in the water. With the fishes, whales, and dolphins.
    UO: I don't like whales or dolphins.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:97e4fabe-11af-4e53-b48e-ecab8109bb73">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : I want to second this. My bf and I took it very slow and didn't say I love you until probably 5 or 6 months into our relationship. I actually said it first even though I'd been feeling it inside for quite awhile. We're living together now and have been together for nearly two years and things are great! Some people just move at different paces than others. Sometimes it's difficult for me to watch other friends get engaged and married but I know that our time will come when it's right for both us. We both agreed a long time ago that we weren't in any rush and right now we're just enjoying our lives together.
    Posted by lmhollister[/QUOTE]

We'd been dating six months when H said it, and he was drunk at the time. He gets very emotional when drunk. I still haven't really forgiven him for that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:46cc1bfa-ccdc-4878-a617-88942bd4f75f">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]My worst nightmare is scuba diving because then I can actually SEE what is in the ocean with me, and/or being in the middle of the ocean/lake/pond in the water. With the fishes, whales, and dolphins. UO: I don't like whales or dolphins.
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

Damn I was just getting to know you and click together and you drop this bomb on ME!   I love SCUBA and seeing fish, turtles, octopi and various sea mammals.  How can you not like whales and dolphins?!  HOW?  *little part of me just died*
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:a442c73d-7ad4-4b42-9d1a-9626cf33a8fe">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : I did a Bible study on the Life of Moses in 2001.  It included  Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy.  The passages from these books are often taken out of context.  <strong>Remember that the audience was a very different one than who we are today.</strong>   All I'll say is that if any of you are interested to understand what the Church teaches about sexuality, I strongly suggest this book ...  <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Good-News-About-Sex-Marriage/dp/0867166193" rel="nofollow">http://www.amazon.com/Good-News-About-Sex-Marriage/dp/0867166193</a> It covers everything from same-sex marriage to contraception.  It lays a good foundation and ahswers very honest, candid questions.  
    Posted by TXKristan[/QUOTE]

<div>It's not that it's a differen't culture, we're also, as members of the new covenant of Christ, not held to those rules. </div><div>
    </div><div>Anyways, I'm glad that everyone's been really receptive to you here! It's also interesting to learn a lot about the Catholic church. </div>

• edited March 2013
    Speaking of "I love you" stories,

I, of course, had been thinking it for a while about BF - probably from 2 months onward, but I was not going to say it first. He finally said at at about the 5 month mark. I had played hooky from work that day, we had gone out for a late lunch and a bunch of mid-day frozen margaritas, then we went back to my place and banged. Immediately after, he said "I f*cking love you. I'm in love with you!" I said "I love you too!" and then we got all awkward, and didn't bring it up for the next 6 days. That next weekend he put on a serious face and clarified that he really did mean it when he said it and wanted to make sure I knew it. So, I like to think I got two first "I love you"'s, lol.

Liv - I'd much rather be with someone that waits too long to say those words than not long enough!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards