Chit Chat

The stupid pintrest thing that you DID include in your wedding

larrygagalarrygaga member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited January 2015 in Chit Chat
I know you are all fucking guilty of at least one thing. How can you not be???

I am wrapping my invites in lace doilies. I never saw it at the last several pintrest weddings I was at, so hopefully it's still YOO NIQ in my circle. 

Just the doily though. And the ribbon. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: The stupid pintrest thing that you DID include in your wedding

• Never seen that before, I actually really like it.

I'm really, really tempted by pearl and crystal bouquets. Like way overly tempted. I can use the included bouquet to rock the frock the next day.

Yes, I'm going to go play in sand and sea water in my dress. That might be Pintresty also. It's not like there won't already be sand on it, plus our photographer has amazing as all get out pictures from the sessions.
  • I'm not creative enough to DIY anything so I don't think I ended up with any pinteresty stuff. Unless maybe my brooch bouquet counts, but it was beautiful so no regrets. 
  • I glued like 3,000 fake rose petals to fabric for aisle runners. But I didn't finish it and I suddenly became very insecure of it and didn't use it. I also had a brooch bouquet but I fucking love that thing.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Nothing.   Pinterest didn't become popular until after I got married.  Plus I'm not a DIY kind of girl.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • In my defense, I originally found this on some other website. But later I found it on pinterest. And I totally did it for my place cards. I like to paint. Whatever.

• I had an ombre cake. And programs with silhouettes of the wedding party, a cutesie timeline of events, a word search, and a tissue "for happy tears." I'll tender my Knottie resignation in the morning. Ashley will still be friends with me.
    Oh yeah, I'm also doing the "happy tears" tissues. I honestly didn't know that was a pinterest thing. I think I saw it on TK actually. Whoops! :P
  • edited January 2015

I had an ombre cake. And programs with silhouettes of the wedding party, a cutesie timeline of events, a word search, and a tissue "for happy tears."

I'll tender my Knottie resignation in the morning. Ashley will still be friends with me.

Oh yeah, I'm also doing the "happy tears" tissues. I honestly didn't know that was a pinterest thing. I think I saw it on TK actually. Whoops! :P

In my defense, lots of people complimented me on the programs specifically!

• In my defense, I originally found this on some other website. But later I found it on pinterest. And I totally did it for my place cards. I like to paint. Whatever.

Why did I have to see this? I LOVE THOSE!
  • I had an ombre cake. And programs with silhouettes of the wedding party, a cutesie timeline of events, a word search, and a tissue "for happy tears." I'll tender my Knottie resignation in the morning. Ashley will still be friends with me.
  • I painted wine bottles, yo.
    Oh, right. I did this too. They were awesome.
  • Is this a Pinterest thing? It might be a Pinterest thing.
  • I'm not too guilty on this front. I did DIY a ton of stuff but not pinterest stuff specifically. I made 6 kusudama flower balls for aisle decoration (they were on shepherd's hooks...I know) with two giant half balls to accent the King's table. 

Also painted small canvases in purple or green and put mirrored letters to spell out the table number on them... Then placed said canvas on a mini easel with rhinestones in the centre of each table... Sounds super pinteresty and cheese but I thought it up in my own cheese ball mind. 

I think they looked cute ha ha. 

Oh snap! I totally had a chalkboard sign for the seating chart! I know where the door is :(
  • I'm firmly intending on having a chalkboard with all of our beer selections. I have no shame.

• Oh yeah I had DIY mercury glass too. Idk if that counts as a cheesy Pinterest thing or not, but I loved it.

• Is this a Pinterest thing? It might be a Pinterest thing.
    Yup.
  • I did use Pintrest for inspiration.

Our flowers, ceremony arch, place card holders and signs all came from Pinterest, plus I had an old shirt of DH's embroidered as my getting ready shirt.  Do I need to tender my resignation?

Here is what the Pinterest inspiration turned in to...  I don't think it looks too Pintresty...  lol

DH did this sign plus three similar signs (all Bible versus) for me as decor.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • My STDs and invites were inspired by ones I found on Pinterest. I had to cut out a bunch of cutesy Pinterest stuff when DH was fired before the wedding to save money. I deserve a do over to have my perfect Pinterst wedding!

Anniversary
  • Oh yeah, and this, LOL. She loved it though. :)

I need to charge my battery...

• AprilH81 said:
    I did use Pintrest for inspiration.

Our flowers, ceremony arch, place card holders and signs all came from Pinterest, plus I had an old shirt of DH's embroidered as my getting ready shirt.  Do I need to tender my resignation?

Here is what the Pinterest inspiration turned in to...  I don't think it looks too Pintresty...  lol

I can honestly say the "i do" is the only one I could tell you the date on.   

Is that bad?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Oh yeah, and this, LOL. She loved it though. :) I need to charge my battery...
    I might steal that idea lol. That is awesome! And I haven't seen that on pinterest... to be honest I haven't been on there much so I don't really know all the big trends... so I count that as a lolo trend, not a pinterest trend!
  • lyndausvi said:
    AprilH81 said:
    I did use Pintrest for inspiration.

I can honestly say the "i do" is the only one I could tell you the date on.   

Is that bad?
    I kept the dates in the "notes" app of my iPhone.  :)  Then I made DH do the sign for me and now it is hanging on our wall with the bible verse signs so we can always refer to it as needed.  LMAO
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I am also doing the date poem thing. I thought it was adorable and I will make one and display it and then hang it in my bedroom.

We made up our dating anniversary and stuck to it for 9 years.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Sigh. I love the date poem now. And the ampersand.

At DF's place. Two bedroom apartment. Two kids. Four dogs. Three cats. Yeah, well, it's -28° with wind chill. Drafty place is too cold. I should stop looking at Pintrest.
  • Isn't that a normal photo @lolo883 ? My girls do that when DF and I kiss.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards