Chit Chat

Double Digits!!!

Re: Double Digits!!!

• You guys. I actually did something wedding related that I said I was going to do. I ordered invitations. 

This is monu-freaking-mental. 

• maeday2 said:
    You guys. I actually did something wedding related that I said I was going to do. I ordered invitations. 

This is monu-freaking-mental. 

Congrats! You've earned a big ole glass of wine! 
  • Also haven't bought the booze, haven't had the tasting (although the menu is pretty much already set), and this is the worst of all: fi is dragging ass and doesn't have a suit or tux. Every checklist o have says that should be done 4-6 months ahead of time. Haven't ordered flowers or any extra decorations. Have only had brief chats with my uncle who's the officiant, but haven't actually planned the ceremony. Haven't sent any songs or desired photo lists to the DJ or photographer.....uuuggghhhh

i am in the same boat with all the bolded and have 72 days left. Shit.
  • I started making my long To Do list. Looking at @novella1186's list really helped me. Anyone else have things on their to do list to share?
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CHECKED 2 MORE THINGS OFF THE LIST YESTERDAY!!!

1. Dropped the envelopes off with the calligrapher; and (WAY MORE EXCITING)

2. Our officiant sent in his temporary officiant application!!!!!!!!!!  I'm so excited for that to go through so I don't have to worry about having my mom's judge friend need to step in and co-officiate if anything goes wrong haha.  Fingers crossed it goes through quickly!!

• dcbride86 said:

CHECKED 2 MORE THINGS OFF THE LIST YESTERDAY!!!

2. Our officiant sent in his temporary officiant application!!!!!!!!!!  I'm so excited for that to go through so I don't have to worry about having my mom's judge friend need to step in and co-officiate if anything goes wrong haha.  Fingers crossed it goes through quickly!!

That's huge! If we don't get our marriage counseling done (like 12 more sessions) then we'll have to beg the judge in the family to marry us. Glad yours is settled!
  • dcbride86 said:

CHECKED 2 MORE THINGS OFF THE LIST YESTERDAY!!!

SIB

That's awesome! All I did yesterday was add more stuff to my to-do list lol. Oops! Hopefully this weekend I can get some stuff done. 93 days for us May 2 brides! 

• @maydae2 and @novella1186 - thanks!!!  I mean honestly, I didn't send in the application - the officiant did.  I just mailed him the application and the check for the application.  Now I'll nervously be checking my bank statement every day to see if the check was cashed, so I can call the DC Marriage Bureau and see if it was accepted.

Next week I have my first dress fitting, though!!  I'm definitely excited for that - I haven't seen the dress since August!

• That just motivated me to pull the trigger on all my dress undergarments. They'll be in before my fitting in March. 

This thread is the kick in the ass I needed! 

It's so hard to get stuff done together with FI since we're long distance. When he's in town I hate to talk about the wedding and just want to be together and do something other than wedding talk. 
  • maeday2 said:
    That just motivated me to pull the trigger on all my dress undergarments. They'll be in before my fitting in March. 

It's so hard to get stuff done together with FI since we're long distance. When he's in town I hate to talk about the wedding and just want to be together and do something other than wedding talk. 
    I can definitely relate to that. I'm usually super tired when I get home from work and I have to worry about making dinner, doing laundry, whatever other adult bs I hate doing, so I don't even think about wedding stuff. Then on the weekends I just want to relax or go do fun stuff with FI, so wedding stuff gets left behind again. But at this point it's like, I gotta get moving or it's not gonna happen. Ugh. 
  • maeday2 said:
    That just motivated me to pull the trigger on all my dress undergarments. They'll be in before my fitting in March. 

I'm getting the undergarments after my first fitting.  I don't know exactly what I need yet.  Also, my cousin/MOH worked in the lingerie department of a department store, and she'll be in town in 2 weeks, so I'm going to ask her to tell me what I should get when I try on the dress for my family then

Planning a wedding long-distance would be really hard.  Sorry you're doing it that way!

• dcbride86 said:
    maeday2 said:

I'm getting the undergarments after my first fitting.  I don't know exactly what I need yet.  Also, my cousin/MOH worked in the lingerie department of a department store, and she'll be in town in 2 weeks, so I'm going to ask her to tell me what I should get when I try on the dress for my family then

Planning a wedding long-distance would be really hard.  Sorry you're doing it that way!

All good! He's in town this weekend so we're compromising by a trip to the jewelry store to pick out his band and then heading to the Biltmore for his reward. 

• flyingfoxesflyingfoxes member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    So I am fully 10,000% ready to take FI's name....but today it hit me when I donated blood that I would be doing so for the last time with my current last name.  Blah...but at least I figured it out now instead of after the wedding that it will bother me, so I'm keeping both, and I'll just have 4 names - first, middle, maiden, last.  But not hyphenated, so 'll just have 2 middle initials. 

• So I am fully 10,000% ready to take FI's name....but today it hit me when I donated blood that I would be doing so for the last time with my current last name.  Blah...but at least I figured it out now instead of after the wedding that it will bother me, so I'm keeping both, and I'll just have 4 names - first, middle, maiden, last.  But not hyphenated! 
    FI's uncle wrote us a Christmas card this year addressed to FI Smith and Novella Smith. We're not even married yet lol. But it was awesome/cute/weird to see his last name attached to my name. 
  • I took my invites to the printer today and they came out PERFECT! Also it only cost me like 20 bucks for 50 pages so that made me extra happy! I'm so glad @novella1186 started this thread, it has really helped me get motivated!!!
  • duhitsd said:
    I took my invites to the printer today and they came out PERFECT! Also it only cost me like 20 bucks for 50 pages so that made me extra happy! I'm so glad @novella1186 started this thread, it has really helped me get motivated!!!
    Yay! Good job!!
  • We bought my wedding band today! Woo! I would post a picture but it's not exciting lol. Just a plain rose gold band for my index finger (really old Jewish tradition). And I just ordered FI's wedding band from an Etsy shop. It's a guy in Israel who hand-makes everything, and the ring is amazing. We're both so excited about it! And FI keeps joking that his ring is coming "from the motherland" lol
  • We bought my wedding band today! Woo! I would post a picture but it's not exciting lol. Just a plain rose gold band for my index finger (really old Jewish tradition). And I just ordered FI's wedding band from an Etsy shop. It's a guy in Israel who hand-makes everything, and the ring is amazing. We're both so excited about it! And FI keeps joking that his ring is coming "from the motherland" lol
    I like that your ring is rose gold because mine is too!! We picked up our bands last weekend and they are tucked away in the safe for now.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!  FI promised that we can buy his ring next weekend.  We're getting mine in late March - we're getting it made so it can match my great-grandmother's engagement ring

• dcbride86 said:
    We bought my wedding band today! Woo! I would post a picture but it's not exciting lol. Just a plain rose gold band for my index finger (really old Jewish tradition). And I just ordered FI's wedding band from an Etsy shop. It's a guy in Israel who hand-makes everything, and the ring is amazing. We're both so excited about it! And FI keeps joking that his ring is coming "from the motherland" lol

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!  FI promised that we can buy his ring next weekend.  We're getting mine in late March - we're getting it made so it can match my great-grandmother's engagement ring

That's just way too awesome. You better show us a picture when it's finished! 
  • dcbride86 said:
    We bought my wedding band today! Woo! I would post a picture but it's not exciting lol. Just a plain rose gold band for my index finger (really old Jewish tradition). And I just ordered FI's wedding band from an Etsy shop. It's a guy in Israel who hand-makes everything, and the ring is amazing. We're both so excited about it! And FI keeps joking that his ring is coming "from the motherland" lol

Thanks - I'll definitely include pictures!  My jewler is fantastic, and I can't wait until I have the wedding band.  We've already gone there to look at what we want and get estimates. 

Also - we are EXACTLY 3 months away from getting married!!!  Eeek!!

• dcbride86 said:
    dcbride86 said:

Thanks - I'll definitely include pictures!  My jewler is fantastic, and I can't wait until I have the wedding band.  We've already gone there to look at what we want and get estimates. 

Also - we are EXACTLY 3 months away from getting married!!!  Eeek!!

I know!!!! I looked at my calendar when I got to my office this morning and thought "holy shit!" 

I wore my wedding band out of the store on Saturday and I was too excited to take it off. FI said "You know you can't wear that till the wedding?" 
    So I frowned and slid it off my finger. And then he said, "But I didn't mean you need to take it off right now!" lol He liked that I was so excited that I wanted to wear it. 

I bet he'll be the same way when his gets here :P 
  • Okay guys, I was also productive the last couple of weeks.
    - We picked our officiant!
    - We picked the florist and settled on our centerpieces. Now we just have to work on bringing the bill down by eliminating some stuff on the proposal, and we're all set.
    - We booked the honeymoon! WOOHOO!
    - We registered.

So what we have left on the radar which I would like to complete this week, is booking the hotel blocks, and ordering invitations. I'm still having a hard time figuring out where to go and what to do with invitations. 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:
    Okay guys, I was also productive the last couple of weeks.
    - We picked the florist and settled on our centerpieces. Now we just have to work on bringing the bill down by eliminating some stuff on the proposal, and we're all set.
    - We registered.

So what we have left on the radar which I would like to complete this week, is booking the hotel blocks, and ordering invitations. I'm still having a hard time figuring out where to go and what to do with invitations. 
    That is a lot of accomplishments! Congrats! 
  • pinkcow13 said:
    - We registered.

Wow, you got a lot done!!  Congratulations!!
  • dcbride86 said:
    pinkcow13 said:
    - We registered.

Wow, you got a lot done!!  Congratulations!!
    Thanks guys! Slowly but surely it is all slowly falling into place!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Novella - post a pic of your band. I can not figure out what I want to do for mine. I'm considering a plain rose gold band now. 

I designed my e-ring from my grandmother's diamonds in rose gold. Then I designed a band that complements it, and the rendering is fantastic. They called this morning and it's waaaaaay higher than I was thinking, so now I'm at a loss. 

• Okay, slight freak out:

I got all excited today... I got my invites from Etsy sent to the printer, got my RSVP postcard stamps ordered and my ridiculous "I totally don't need these but I'm buying them anyways" envelopes all ordered. I sent my invites to the printer and I got back heart breaking news :(

They're too dark and the printer is very worried that they're unreadable. I had FI go and check them out since I'm away at work and he agrees. I have to start over with the graphic designer from Etsy. Wah. I really liked those invites too. Damnit. 

I did get FI to agree to a time to go look at suits and I nailed down the rehearsal dinner as well. So those are pluses. Just gotta get these stupid invites nailed down.

I got all excited today... I got my invites from Etsy sent to the printer, got my RSVP postcard stamps ordered and my ridiculous "I totally don't need these but I'm buying them anyways" envelopes all ordered. I sent my invites to the printer and I got back heart breaking news :(

They're too dark and the printer is very worried that they're unreadable. I had FI go and check them out since I'm away at work and he agrees. I have to start over with the graphic designer from Etsy. Wah. I really liked those invites too. Damnit. 

I did get FI to agree to a time to go look at suits and I nailed down the rehearsal dinner as well. So those are pluses. Just gotta get these stupid invites nailed down.
    Oh no! Sorry that was such a buzzkill, but better than wasting money on printed invites you can't use. 

I actually got our invites in the mail yesterday and I was freaking the eff out prior to checking them out since I designed them myself. My freak out was unnecessary because I LOVE them. Now I feel ahead of the game and just need to decide how I want to package them up. 

Aw man I'm sorry. But hey, it can be fixed, and you've got time!!! 

I spent the entire day Sunday and half of Monday (snow day from work) assembling the invites and putting all the crap on the outside of them. So they're actually ready to go which kind of amazes me. But obviously it's too soon to send them, so they're just sitting on a shelf in my living room... mocking me... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards