Chit Chat
Options

No advice needed, not a vent. Just chit-chat.

Novel concept, right?

Let's talk about some good news! It's 44° here right now which feels like 80! Supposed to hit 50 tomorrow. The sun is actually peeking out! That's a grand thing. And I got a job offer yesterday! Requires a lot of travel so I'm confirming with my doctor whether that's OK, but it's super exciting anyway. We're looking at more houses tonight, although the one I really want is temporarily off the market while they do some painting and repairs.

What else is good in your worlds, friends? 

Re: No advice needed, not a vent. Just chit-chat.

• Options
    It's 40 here which is more amazing than the single digits we have been having. I'm planning my garden and an pretty excited for my trip to FL. I have a friend coming down this weekend. And H will have dinner ready for when I get home. I can't complain.
    Anniversary

• Options
    That is awesome stuff! Congrats on the job offer! 

Thanks to starting antibiotics on Sunday, I can breathe today, I'm finally back at my office, and it's awesome. Also in the 40s here! Super exciting, considering last week it was in the teens. 

This Saturday is my first dress fitting (was supposed to be last Saturday but I had to cancel because I was so sick) and I think I'm also gonna decide on a veil at the appointment so I'm really excited to go. And then Sunday is a surprise party for FFIL. I think I will make some hummus to take there. 

That's all I got for now ;) 
  • Options

Yay for 40's in the midwest! I'm wearing ballet flats! That alone is enough to make my world good. 

And, the wine store by my home is having a girl scout cookie / wine tasting event tomorrow..... Yassss. 

Congrats on the job offer!
    I showed my ankles yesterday. Felt so scandalous.

...boots today though cuz I didn't shave my legs. lol

• Options
    Congrats on the job offer! 

I had my yearly review today, and did very well- I "exceed all expectations" yay!  There was even talk of a mini-promotion :)  Fingers crossed!

And the weather tomorrow is supposed to be in the 50's-60's finally- yes please
  • Options
    It's been so warm here the past few days, in the low to mid-60's. DH is excited because that means I won't turn my electric heating blanket on every night (even though I do keep it on until May).

And we're going to the beach this weekend. Obviously won't be able to swim, but it'll be nice to get away.

• Options
    loveislouderloveislouder member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    I don't know what 40 is but it's 4C here and I'm pretty pumped about it I'm in ballet flats too... but jeans because I too didn't shave my legs today lol

My FMIL is coming over for dinner but I have to take my car in to get a new transmission so I might miss dinner. Oh well, more Subway for me :)

A girl I don't get to chat with very often called my office to tell me she's expecting and I am SO excited. I love babies.

ETA: I Missed the part about job. YAY!
  • Options
    Congrats on the offer! That's a wonderful feeling.

I'm scheduling my tasting for next month, and getting a lot of food, so I'm excited. And FI has a job interview via Skype possibly later this week, so things are looking up for him. 

My kitchen finally has counters (live with parents). I haven't had a kitchen for 3 months, but it's not close to being done yet, probably not until summer it looks like. I'm going broke buying dinner and lunches every day. 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • Options

Congrats on the job offer! And good luck with the continued house-hunting!

Nothing exciting to report here. It's 47 degrees right now, which feels down right toasty. Work this week has been ridiculously slow but I only have a four day work week. Friday I get to stay home and wait for the furniture people to come and deliver our new couches! I will probably then spend the rest of the day on Pinterest, trying to figure out what color to paint the walls and getting ideas for new throw pillows and a new entertainment stand.

• Options
    beethery said:

I've got 7 months today until I get married and I have officially reserved my cupcakes. I wore makeup today and I feel like this is how I look right now:

Omg I wore make up for the first time today in SO long and I keep rubbing my eyes out of habit so now it's all over my hands instead of where it belongs.
  • Options
    Yay for good things! 

• Options
    2 days until the 6 month countdown!

I also wore full makeup for the first time in forever the other day. On a day to day basis I may swipe on some under-eye concealer. That's about it. If I wind up with an extra minute in the morning I may throw on some mascara but that's the extent of my daily makeup wearing.

I'm doing my own makeup for the wedding so I figured I should brush up on my skills so on the weekend I went all out.

I felt so glamorous while getting groceries in Walmart.
  • Options
    I live in Arizona. Just keep that in mind when I tell you it's currently 73 and the high is 86 today.

I'm wearing jeans though, but also I have on wedge sandels cause it felt like a wedge day.
  • Options
    Congrats lady!

I'm back at work this week and things are going okay. Nothing too exciting but I got my yearly evaluation and I'm doing well! Sounds like they'll keep me :) 

Also I've been doing good at keeping up with my writing. Been doing 1,500 words of my novel a day and I have 35,000 words so far. I'm really hoping to be querying agents by September/October.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

Congrats! It was great yesterday, it was 55 and sunny. I ran errands so I could be outside! V is still sick so I'm taking care of him. I also still need to do laundry but I appealed a campus ticket so I'm somewhat productive. Our campus pd can't solve an assault case to save their lives, but they sure can give those tickets.

There has been five assault cases that happen this year but no arrests. Cue eye roll. I need to do school work but I'm really happy. I'm doing great in all my classes, got in the 80th percentile in writing, and grad schools seem to be excited about me. I also just earned a lot of money! Now if only V felt better, today would be great!

• Options
    Congrats, Lolo!

I actually straightened my hair today and wore makeup instead of shoving it in a bun, which was a major accomplishment considering I had to get up at 4am to take my parents to the airport.  And although I'm not technically doing the 40 days challenge (how is everyone doing, btw?) I majorly cleaned out my desk yesterday, filed two years worth of paperwork (I've been super bad), and threw out a bunch of old textbooks, notes, and other random crap.  It felt so good.  Today the closet and the dresser get their overhaul. 

• Options

I had red velvet cheesecake for lunch.

My pretty programs for the wedding were shipped today.  They are my one ridiculous over the top item that I just had to have when I saw the sample. (See pic of the sample :)

And I'm going to dinner with some friends tonight.

Life is good.

• Options
    larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    I am loving the weather today! Congrats on the job!

I decided to put off more school for awhile, which made my anxiety levels drop like crazy! I bought an amazing cute suit yesterday for my honeymoon to aruba!!! I am ready to be married.

@lolo883 do you have any names picked out yet? 

EDIT: The knot little pop up tag thing gave me the wrong LOLO
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I am eating fruit snacks... and they are awful. The store was out of Welch's so I bought Sunkist ones instead. These are so gross, I can barely eat them.

But in better news, I have so much delicious food in my fridge just waiting for me to come home! I don't think I'll have to cook for the rest of the week if I don't want to.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I spent most of my day gathering stuff for the wedding: Programs, guestbook, card box and door hangers. I don't know WHY but I feel like I need a door hanger for the welcome bags. (I've completely lost my shit with Pinterest breathing down my neck.) And WHY are limos/nice busses so f'n expensive?? Gracious. 1k for a 18 person party shuttle. And that's for SIX hours. /die

I also got handed more stuff at work which "is a good thing"! So hopefully that's a good sign that I'll be getting renewed at the end of May. 

I feel very scatter brained in my last few weeks of wedding stuff. Hoping the next 7 weeks just fly.

• Options

I had red velvet cheesecake for lunch.

My pretty programs for the wedding were shipped today.  They are my one ridiculous over the top item that I just had to have when I saw the sample. (See pic of the sample :)

And I'm going to dinner with some friends tonight.

Life is good.

I love absolutely everything about your post. Your programs are positively romantic and pretty. I'm now also stopping on my way to get red velvet cupcakes from Wegmans because of your lunch. I've been working out every day since last Monday, I totally deserve it.
  • Options
    Congrats lolo.

It's been warm enough during the day to go out in just a sweater. I'm still wearing boots because lab safety. 

A close friend just got engaged to her BF of 9 years. She asked me to be a BM! I'm going to point her here so she can plan an awesome, etiquette approved wedding.

Anniversary
  • Options
    larrygaga said:

I decided to put off more school for awhile, which made my anxiety levels drop like crazy! I bought an amazing cute suit yesterday for my honeymoon to aruba!!! I am ready to be married.

@lolo0403 do you have any names picked out yet? I haven't been on banter in forever

Ahhh Aruba! That's my favorite island. I've been there 6 times and each time is still amazing. Share whenever you come back what you did, I love hearing stories. 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • Options
    @larrygaga I'm really offended that you got my name wrong.

We haven't really talked much about names. H still calls baby The Sequel. We mostly joke about how the dogs will react, and whether the baby will use Willy's leg as a teething toy the way the big dog does.

• Options
    larrygaga said:

@lolo0403 do you have any names picked out yet? I haven't been on banter in forever

Where are you staying @larrygaga ? Yay for Aruba!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards