Chit Chat
Options

Celebrity Encounters: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

1235»

Re: Celebrity Encounters: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

• Options

I met Mariana's Trench. They were super nice and I wish I could party with them all the time.

I've also met Fred Penner and sang with him and his kids, but ya'll probably don't know him because I'm pretty sure he's only popular here lol

My Brother has a whole bunch of signed paraphernalia and got free tix and backstage passes because my step-mom knows the lead singers grandmother. 

I used to hang out backstage with a bunch of Canadian bands, Moist, Our Lady Peace, Sloan, etc. If you can figure out who their tour manager is, you can talk your way backstage.
  • Options

In the summer of '94 I met Chelsea Clinton at a museum in Berlin after her dad gave a public speech. I walked up to her and we had a really cool conversation (which I don't really remember) - we're about the same age- until the secret service guys came over and motioned her away.  Afterwards I felt sad thinking about how she couldn't be anonymous; this was around the time the media was portraying her as a nerdy awkward girl.

My parents are friends with Will Farrell's wife's parents and I met him at a Christmas party. I find him funny but not hilarious so it was amusing but not that exciting.

One night Natalie Portman was at the bar in Harvard Square I went to all the time.  I was a huge fan so I tried to strike up a conversation but she walked away and hid behind the guys she was with (they were friendly). I was disappointed but I guess she was underage and didn't want any publicity, which is understandable.

Last fall we were at a beer garden in Portland, ME and Frank from American Pickers was there.  I wouldn't have recognized him if my friend hadn't said something.  DH is a huge fan of the show and was too shy to walk over so I started talking to Frank and eventually DH joined us.  I bought him a beer and we all had a really cool conversation. Watching the show I used to think he was a bit Eor-y but now I don't feel that way at all.  I was kinda lit that night and people were asking me what I was drinking - Kolsch - and I kept trying to explain why it's called that and nobody cared. But not in a rude way.

• Options

Dave Matthews came through my checkout line many many many moons ago when I was a cashier at a local co-op. Southern bred to the bone. Everything was yes mam, no mam and thank you mam in that fantastic accent of his. Really nice guy.

Git a chance to talk Erin Brokavich, 15 years ago I think at a conference. Yes, she is exactly like how she was portrayed in the movie. We talked about our mutual love of heels.

Dave Matthews is from South Africa.  He lived in a bunch of places but didn't move to Virginia until he was like 20.

I also forgot to mention one of my favorite celebrity encounters.  I used to basically stalk Usher.  My friend lived across the street from him, and we would constantly walk her dog in front of his house.  We often caught glimpses of him, at which point we of course ran away squeeling (this was middle school).  We even saw Chilli a couple times (peeking between the bushes and gate into the driveway of course...I wasn't kidding about the stalking!)

• Options
    I wouldn't know most famous people if they came up and slapped me in the face. The big ones, of course. Like I'd definitely recognize Brad Pitt or Beyonce or Ryan Gosling. But not really anyone else. I don't follow that kind of stuff and I don't really care who they are.

My sister and her friends chilled with Sean Penn at a bar in NOLA - apparently he was being attacked by cougars and they offered him a seat at their table. He gladly took them up on it and chilled there for the whole night. I had to google him when she told me that.

I dated a pretty well known NHL player for a while. We lived in the same neighborhood, went to school together, stayed friends while we were in college and then dated. Hockey guys are crazy fun, but crazy being the main word there. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I have a couple... I was local wrestler here in the city I live in, like WWE style wrestling, I met a TON of people in the business with TNA and WWE. To name a few that were nothing special - Hot shot johnny divine, Many of the Hart kids.  One of the weirdest encounters hands down was "mankind" Mick Foley... He was a special guest one night and I was helping get some stuff ready and set up the boys locker room and he came in started talking to me, which was fine, but I couldn't for the life of me follow what he was saying... Turns out this seems to be the case with most conversations with him, it is caused by all the head injuries he has had. The other encounter I had that stands out was Christian Cage, He was a really nice guy until we took a photo together and he grabbed my ass and attempted to push his finger up somewhere... He also gave me his number and invited me to party with them afterwards... I passed... 

Otherwise, I have met people like Dane Cook when he was on tour, my friend saw him and ran up to him and asked for a photo he brushed her off and said he had to go. 

I met Jacob from Hedly, when they were in my city for the Juno's. He approached me at a mall store and said something to me, I turned around and snapped at him "I wasn't talking to you nor did I ask for your opinion" and walked away. I didn't realize who he was until I found my friend dying on the floor because she loves him. What did he say to me to make me snap you might think? he said "That dress looks really good on you", I had just come out of the change room at a store and i was in a mood... lol

I have partied with Will.I.Am and Ferge, Red Foo...

Oh and one of my favorite in encounters was Monty from Say yes to the dress, he was fantastic. He was in town for a bridal show here, and I was picking up my wedding dress and he was taking appointments at the store. He was hiding in alterations because he "needed a break from those crazy bitches out there". lol.  

One of my GF's hooked up with a NFL player from Houston's team at a houston sex club... She had no idea who he was until he offered to take a picture with her after... Someone told her who it was. 

Thats all I can think of, I am sure there has been others as well... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OH GOD how in the world could I forget - I met Hayley Williams from Paramore in a Target just outside of Birmingham. She was passing through Alabama to go visit her grandmother in Mississippi, it was totally random, and she was seriously so sweet. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards