Chit Chat

So uh hi

Re: So uh hi

• CMGragain said:
    CMGragain said:
    Look, I'm having an MRI today to see how far the tumor in my eye has grown.  I can no longer see out of that eye.  Your sarcasm is in poor taste.
    Maybe don't spend so much time on the computer? I mean, if it's bothering your eye and all.

Climbingwife, I have terminal cancer in my left eye.  I am not the only one who has complained about the pink text.
    But you're the only one that has a serious problem with your eye, yet spend an inordinate amount of time posting on the internet. Staring at a monitor all day can't be good for you condition. 
  • Well, I have trouble reading books now.  The computer is a nice distraction.  Just a few days ago someone was complaining that I wasn't around to answer their challenge on another thread.  I'm on for maybe an hour or two a day.
    That pink font is nasty, though.  Thanks for the tip in reading it.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    CMGragain said:
    Look, I'm having an MRI today to see how far the tumor in my eye has grown.  I can no longer see out of that eye.  Your sarcasm is in poor taste.
    Maybe don't spend so much time on the computer? I mean, if it's bothering your eye and all.

Climbingwife, I have terminal cancer in my left eye.  I am not the only one who has complained about the pink text.
    But you're the only one that has a serious problem with your eye, yet spend an inordinate amount of time posting on the internet. Staring at a monitor all day can't be good for you condition. 
    @Climbingwife....I don't know @CMGragain or her condition, but coming from someone who works with multiple people who have eye conditions that have to receive special care at work I'm not sure how this is helpful to point out?  Why because she has an eye condition can she not be on her 'monitor all day'?  I have one coworker who can't have floresent lights overhead and has the light coming from their screen turned way down because of her eye condition, but as long as she has that she's not restricted.  I have another who must have a special screen over the monitor.   Both require modifications due to their eyesight and illnesses but both of their jobs require them to be at a computer.   Just because they have eye conditions does not mean they shouldn't be at a computer.  And yes, due to one of their conditions seeing bright colors on the screen is harder to process for them then standard black and white text.   I understand you aren't happy with CMGragain for commenting on the pink color of the text, but don't think questioning her being on a computer when she has the eye condition is relevant?  You can have trouble with certain colors on the computer but still enjoy using the computer.
  • kkitkat79 said:
    CMGragain said:
    CMGragain said:

I get that you are not a fan of this poster, but do you absolutely have to be obnoxious about it?Her "serious problem" is terminal cancer and I guess nothing will be good for her "condition". Are you really telling a person with terminal cancer "well, tough for you, I like the pink"? I get that this is the internet and you can post in any way you want, but again, why be so obnoxious about it? It's off-putting. 
    Please tell me where I said that. 
  • pinkcow13pinkcow13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2015
    kkitkat79 said:
    CMGragain said:
    CMGragain said:

I get that you are not a fan of this poster, but do you absolutely have to be obnoxious about it?Her "serious problem" is terminal cancer and I guess nothing will be good for her "condition". Are you really telling a person with terminal cancer "well, tough for you, I like the pink"? I get that this is the internet and you can post in any way you want, but again, why be so obnoxious about it? It's off-putting. 
    Sorry, but where in her response did Climbing say "Tough for you, I like pink?" Everyone was having a discussion about a serious topic, and the poster interjected about the pink font. Climbing and myself merely gave her some suggestions on how to deal with it. It had nothing to do with liking, or not liking the poster. And we know that she has terminal cancer, she has stated it many times. And, it is a valid fact that staring at a computer monitor is not good for anyone.Link

I really fail to see where Climbing was being obnoxious in her response.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• LakeR2014 said:
    CMGragain said:
    CMGragain said:

@Climbingwife....I don't know @CMGragain or her condition, but coming from someone who works with multiple people who have eye conditions that have to receive special care at work I'm not sure how this is helpful to point out?  Why because she has an eye condition can she not be on her 'monitor all day'?  I have one coworker who can't have floresent lights overhead and has the light coming from their screen turned way down because of her eye condition, but as long as she has that she's not restricted.  I have another who must have a special screen over the monitor.   Both require modifications due to their eyesight and illnesses but both of their jobs require them to be at a computer.   Just because they have eye conditions does not mean they shouldn't be at a computer.  And yes, due to one of their conditions seeing bright colors on the screen is harder to process for them then standard black and white text.   I understand you aren't happy with CMGragain for commenting on the pink color of the text, but don't think questioning her being on a computer when she has the eye condition is relevant?  You can have trouble with certain colors on the computer but still enjoy using the computer.
    :Looking at my computer all day hurts my eyes. I can't imagine how someone with eye cancer wouldn't be bothered by it. She's saying it hurts her eyes. Maybe she should step away from the computer. It was merely a suggestion. 
  • LakeR2014 said:
    CMGragain said:
    CMGragain said:

:Looking at my computer all day hurts my eyes. I can't imagine how someone with eye cancer wouldn't be bothered by it. She's saying it hurts her eyes. Maybe she should step away from the computer. It was merely a suggestion. 
    @Climbingwife IF you meant it as a suggestion rather then a harsh retort, then I'm sorry for misconstruing.   My internet reading interpretation of it was that it was more in a derogatory/sarcastic way then the helpful, suggestive way you apparently meant it to be. 
  • LakeR2014 said:
    LakeR2014 said:
    CMGragain said:
    CMGragain said:

@Climbingwife IF you meant it as a suggestion rather then a harsh retort, then I'm sorry for misconstruing.   My internet reading interpretation of it was that it was more in a derogatory/sarcastic way then the helpful, suggestive way you apparently meant it to be. 
    That's why we use a sarcasm font/colour...it makes these distinctions easier. 
  • kkitkat79 said:
    CMGragain said:
    CMGragain said:

@climbingwife, don't be dense. 

@pinkcow13, you gave her a helpful suggestion. @climbingwife was condescending at best. The suggestion of "maybe don't spend so much time on the computer, if it hurts your eyes and all" (did I get that right?) is hardly helpful. She has no idea how much time CMGrgain spends on the computer. Also see LakeR2014's post. And the first person who brought up pink was QueerFemme I think, but definitely not CMGragain. 
    Anniversary
  • An important thing to remember here is we are debating about the delivery of a person who we don't even know if they were in fact gay. The AE, Pog, was not gay and was engaged to a man until recently. It's hard to speculate on delivery/ intent/ feelings when you are dealing with a fictitious character.

The only reason I commented on the delivery, etc., of MI and the AE, is because so many people commented on it.  yes, she was fictitious.  But, people keep commenting on how bad her delivery was, etc.  And I have been told similar things in the past.   So, whether she was fake or not, that whole "we would appreciate your point more if you were nicer in your delivery" is a real thing, especially here.   

I understand what you are saying and honestly appreciate you sharing your experiences.

Personally, I had an issue with her over all attitude and delivery of many of her posts, regardless of the topic. I honestly found the way she posted in general to be very offensive at times. Many people felt that they could not say they found something offensive that she said, or you risked being called a bigot. 

For example, I don't come on this forum to read a detailed, graphic description of oral sex, regardless of the genders of the individuals involved. The catfish did that just to stir shit and forth the divide - it worked marvelously. They must have been so pleased.

The catfish used MI as a volatile antagonist - and as such, used being gay to further the catfish charade. If MI is not gay, than I find it highly offensive they would lie about it. I don't see how pretending to be gay is any less offensive than someone pretending to be a different race for personal gain. It is disgusting that someone would use that to deceive people and be mean.

MI used us and played on our emotions. At the end of the day, the character that was MI did more harm than good. IMHO, she instigated events that caused several members to leave - on their own accord or by being banned - and I think that sucks. 
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• kkitkat79 said:
    kkitkat79 said:
    CMGragain said:
    CMGragain said:

@pinkcow13, you gave her a helpful suggestion. @climbingwife was condescending at best. The suggestion of "maybe don't spend so much time on the computer, if it hurts your eyes and all" (did I get that right?) is hardly helpful. She has no idea how much time CMGrgain spends on the computer. Also see LakeR2014's post. And the first person who brought up pink was QueerFemme I think, but definitely not CMGragain. 
    I'm not being dense. Please tell me where I said what you claim. All I said to her was that if it bothers her eye so much, she should step away from the computer. I never defended pink text. 
  • kkitkat79 said:
    kkitkat79 said:
    CMGragain said:
    CMGragain said:

I can easily determine that by how much she posts. 
  • kkitkat79 said:
    kkitkat79 said:
    CMGragain said:
    CMGragain said:

Queerfemme was just asking about the colour, she wanted to know the significance. She actually thought it was fun. Reading comprehension is your friend, especially if you call out another person as "Dense".
  • @kkitkat79 I personally find you off-putting as well, what with defending rapists. So I guess we're even. 
    I don't find you off-putting. I don't know you. I find your post to CMGragain off-putting and some other posts as well. Some of your posts are just fine.
    Anniversary
  • kkitkat79 said:
    @kkitkat79 I personally find you off-putting as well, what with defending rapists. So I guess we're even. 
    I don't find you off-putting. I don't know you. I find your post to CMGragain off-putting and some other posts as well. Some of your posts are just fine.
    Great? 

• kkitkat79 said:
    kkitkat79 said:
    CMGragain said:
    CMGragain said:

Queerfemme was just asking about the colour, she wanted to know the significance. She actually thought it was fun. Reading comprehension is your friend, especially if you call out another person as "Dense".
    I never said that QueerFemme complained about the color, just that she brought it up. So CMGragain didn't just bring it up out of nowhere. QueerFemme said it was fun, CMGragain said it was tough for her to read.

And yes, reading comprehension is a friend.
    Anniversary

• I'm not being dense. Please tell me where I said what you claim. All I said to her was that if it bothers her eye so much, she should step away from the computer. I never defended pink text. 
    You are right, I don't know you, so I should give you the benefit of the doubt. If you truly meant it as a helpful suggestion, I apologize for calling you out.
    Anniversary
  • kkitkat79 said:
    kkitkat79 said:
    kkitkat79 said:
    CMGragain said:
    CMGragain said:

I never said that QueerFemme complained about the color, just that she brought it up. So CMGragain didn't just bring it up out of nowhere. QueerFemme said it was fun, CMGragain said it was tough for her to read.

And yes, reading comprehension is a friend.
    This makes ZERO sense. There is no logical pathway. I couldn't even figure out out what you were trying to argue. Please try again. Remember that arguments are like algebra, they must equate.
  • How this thread is making me feel -

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Ooooh, I really like this show. It's very funny :-)
  • emmaaa said:
    I'm just wondering, if people keep leaving and there was an exodus...then why are they back? How do the boards live on without them?

No, you're not wondering. You're just being snotty. 

So, if I don't hang out every single day, are my thoughts and opinions somehow less valid? I shouldn't post at all? 
    Who exactly are the "people who left', and why do they owe you explanations of "why they're back?" 

Logic, please: if people are posting they didn't leave. 

Let me repeat that, bolded for clarity: Anybody posting did not leave.  

It's an Internet forum. People come and go all the time. There are at least four Knot spin-off groups I know of, (probably more) because people get bored or annoyed or just move on or whatever. Welcome to the internet. So what? Why do you care? 

I did make a deliberate personal decision to come here less often. I didn't leave. (Many reasons. I don't like hanging out regularly in places where I feel my words are policed, where arbitrary rules are applied in selective situations, where I feel like I have to second guess my opinions and posts- am I "vulgar" if I swear? Is this vulgar or non vulgar swearing? Am I creating a "negative environment" if I speak honestly? In addition, lots of stuff going on IRL. Too much. Also, lots of my favorite people are not posting regularly. The boards are fairly uninteresting to me lately. So, many many various reasons not to spend as much of my limited free time at TK. 
    Big. Fucking. Deal. "Exodus?" That's very dramatic. 

Please tell me how often I should check in to avoid the illusion of "leaving" and "coming back." 

The other honest response would be, How is this even vaguely a problem for you, and why do you ask? (I don't believe it is, any more than I believe you're wondering. I believe you're just being snotty to people who aren't on your personal  PeopleISuperLike list.) 

So there you are. You can quit "wondering," at least in my case. Do I need to address the question of "how will the boards live on without them?" because that's really not a valid question. That's just a snottypants and sarcastic  way of saying, "Nobody needs you around neener neener," and the answer is: Well, no shit. Who thought they did? Who are these mysterious people who thought the boards would suffer if they visited less often? Not me. Stop making up dumb stuff, and projecting it on to other people. You're contributing to a negative environment. 

Out of everything posted on this fucking board/thread, my comment was snotty. Okay.

• This is the thread that keeps on giving!
    It's kind of stir fried shit. 
    Assorted varieties of crap all mixed together.
    Ooooh, I really like this show. It's very funny :-)
    At first I thought you were referring to this thread! I love Community too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards