Chit Chat

Single Friends vs. Married Friends

Re: Single Friends vs. Married Friends

• AJC430 said:
    AJC430 said:

AJC430 said:
    Ok, so just to clarify. If Single Sue over here said, omg, i liked (did you mean licked?) StrangerBoy's asshole this weekend! that's unacceptable....

but i'm married.... so if i say, hey AJC! I totally liked (licked?) H's asshole this weekend... that's totally okay bc.... i'm married?
    How about, I just don't want to hear about assholes in general. Is that a crime?

Then that has nothing to do with whether you are single or married. and I fail to see how you need to not be friends with single people. you just need to not be friends with, well, anyone.
    Great advice.
    I am wondering if you were fine with those topics (aka asshole talk) before or you just dealt with it and are now using the "I am married and can't talk about those things" excuse as a way to remove yourself from your current friendships, instead of just being an adult and telling them that you don't want to talk about that crap (no pun intended....okay, maybe some).
    I told them a long time ago I didn't want to talk about those things. So unfortunately, this doesn't apply. Good pun ;)

• AJC430 said:
    AJC430 said:
    lyndausvi said:
    AJC430 said:
    Ok, so just to clarify. If Single Sue over here said, omg, i liked (did you mean licked?) StrangerBoy's asshole this weekend! that's unacceptable....

but i'm married.... so if i say, hey AJC! I totally liked (licked?) H's asshole this weekend... that's totally okay bc.... i'm married?
    How about, I just don't want to hear about assholes in general. Is that a crime?
    no not at all.  But it's really weird that now you are married it's an issue.   Why wasn't it an issue when you were single?

This is my take.   OP is one of the first in her group to get married.  Somehow she thinks she is above them now she is married.

It wasn't an issue when we were single because FI and I were in the same friend group - we were all getting to know each other. Now, I don't feel comfortable sharing our business. 

I don't think I'm better than my friends. They have been there for me through everything. I am still there for them through EVERYTHING. I simply want to have more couple friends.
    No one says you have to share every single detail of your sex life. If you're uncomfortable with the subject of the conversation, then change the subject. It's not that hard. 

I find it funny that originally you said you didn't want to be around the dramatics of your single friends, and now it's just that you want more couple friends. 

MARRIED PEOPLE CAN AND MOST LIKELY WILL TALK ABOUT SEXUAL THINGS THAT MIGHT MAKE YOU UNCOMFORTABLE. - Good to know! 

My single friends can be dramatic so... 
    My married friends have far more drama than my single friends. My single friends are fighting with their partners about mortgage payments vs. Comic Con tickets.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• AJC430 said:
    AJC430 said:
    lyndausvi said:
    AJC430 said:

no not at all.  But it's really weird that now you are married it's an issue.   Why wasn't it an issue when you were single?

This is my take.   OP is one of the first in her group to get married.  Somehow she thinks she is above them now she is married.

It wasn't an issue when we were single because FI and I were in the same friend group - we were all getting to know each other. Now, I don't feel comfortable sharing our business. 

I don't think I'm better than my friends. They have been there for me through everything. I am still there for them through EVERYTHING. I simply want to have more couple friends.
    No one says you have to share every single detail of your sex life. If you're uncomfortable with the subject of the conversation, then change the subject. It's not that hard. 

I find it funny that originally you said you didn't want to be around the dramatics of your single friends, and now it's just that you want more couple friends. 

MARRIED PEOPLE CAN AND MOST LIKELY WILL TALK ABOUT SEXUAL THINGS THAT MIGHT MAKE YOU UNCOMFORTABLE. - Good to know! 

My married friends have far more drama than my single friends. My single friends are fighting with their partners about mortgage payments vs. Comic Con tickets.
    Gotcha. It's definitely not a one-size fits all situation.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Anniversary

• AJC430 said:
    AJC430 said:
    lyndausvi said:
    AJC430 said:

The most dramatic people I know are married. My single friends are the ones I go to when I need to chill from all the relationship crap my long-term relationship friends all have. 

You need to stop segregating out your friends. They are your "Friends" no matter their relationship status. Just say, I have dramatic friends. Own it.
  • Listen, if you are a dramatic person, you're usually a dramatic person regarldess of your relationship status. 

Read that again and let it sink in. 
    Deep! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Anniversary

• My married friends have far more drama than my single friends. My single friends are fighting with their partners about mortgage payments vs. Comic Con tickets.
    Yep.  Just wait to kids get in the mix.  Even drama sometimes.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • AJC430 said:
    lyndausvi said:
    AJC430 said:

So don't share it? I still hear stories from single and married friends, and I engaged in the convo without sharing things I deem to be private for my H and I.... if appropriate I relate it to a story when I was single, but usually I just laugh and carry on in the convo without divulging whether or not I licked my H's butthole this weekend.

It's not rocket science. it's friendship. 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • AJC430 said:

so.. no assholes but jiggling boobies in your GIF is totally on the up and up for mature married ladies. 
    How dare you talk about Bey! ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Anniversary

• AJC430 said:
    lyndausvi said:
    AJC430 said:

So don't share it? I still hear stories from single and married friends, and I engaged in the convo without sharing things I deem to be private for my H and I.... if appropriate I relate it to a story when I was single, but usually I just laugh and carry on in the convo without divulging whether or not I licked my H's butthole this weekend.

It's not rocket science. it's friendship. 
    Makes sense to me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Anniversary

• AJC430 said:
    Listen, if you are a dramatic person, you're usually a dramatic person regarldess of your relationship status. 

Deep! 
    Well, you don't seen to understand that you don't change your personality once you get married. 

Again, this is why I have a hard time believing you're older than 18 years old. You seemingly have no experience having friends with different relationship statues. And no, being 18 is not necessarily a bad thing. But you seem very immature, and very inexperienced and very juvenile. 
  • AJC430 said:

so.. no assholes but jiggling boobies in your GIF is totally on the up and up for mature married ladies. 
    Stop it with your logic. This thread has no place for it.
  • AJC430 said:
    Listen, if you are a dramatic person, you're usually a dramatic person regarldess of your relationship status. 

Deep! 
    Well, you don't seen to understand that you don't change your personality once you get married. 

Again, this is why I have a hard time believing you're older than 18 years old. You seemingly have no experience having friends with different relationship statues. And no, being 18 is not necessarily a bad thing. But you seem very immature, and very inexperienced and very juvenile. 
    Thanks for your input.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Anniversary

• AJC430 said:

Stop it with your logic. This thread has no place for it.
    I'll try to lock it up.. just attempting to understand the line between OK and not OK for married people, I guess I should be taking notes since I will have to shape up in a couple months. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lyndausvi said:

Yep, Moms can be bad. If you think your single friends are bad now, wait until you have the pregnant/nursing/threenager friend. You have never heard so much about poop or other bodily fluids in your entire life. Or the friend who is TTCing...
    Right? I've heard more disgusting stories from married-with-kids friends than single friends.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• lyndausvi said:

Yep, Moms can be bad. If you think your single friends are bad now, wait until you have the pregnant/nursing/threenager friend. You have never heard so much about poop or other bodily fluids in your entire life. Or the friend who is TTCing...
    Right? I've heard more disgusting stories from married-with-kids friends than single friends.
    This is 100% the truth. I hear more raunchy sex stories from my married friends. 
  • lyndausvi said:

This is 100% the truth. I hear more raunchy sex stories from my married friends. 

Well only screwing one person for the rest of your life can get boring fast, if you don't spice things up.

OP, I am guessing by your posts that you are a sexual prude.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I cooked FI a steak and then bobbed his nob and swallowed for his birthday.. is that inappropriate for married people? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I cooked FI a steak and then bobbed his nob and swallowed for his birthday.. is that inappropriate for married people? 
    You're not going to be allowed to talk like that once you're married. 
  • AJC430 said:

What makes you think married couples don't talk about assholes?
    The people who I've talked to about assholes the most are all married!
    This. Our married friends (a few at least) start some of the most "inappropriate" -  by your standards - conversations of anyone we know. Some of them are also the biggest source of drama in our lives. Hell, H and I have been known to make our friends a little squeamish with certain conversations.

What I am getting out of your posts and non-clarifications later is that now that you're married, you no longer care about your single friends' lives, and somehow their single-person woes are below you. Someone's relationship status does not define their personality - the only person who changed after you got married is YOU, and it doesn't seem like it was for the better.

As for your question, your motives and misconceptions aside... You need to get out in to your community; join the neighborhood association, go talk to neighbors, take classes at the community center... But that's true for making friends in general, not just married friends.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • KatWAG said:
    lyndausvi said:

Well only screwing one person for the rest of your life can get boring fast, if you don't spice things up.

OP, I am guessing by your posts that you are a sexual prude.

Nun, actually. FI doesn't know yet. ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Anniversary

You're not going to be allowed to talk like that once you're married. 
    damn, I need a new personality to be a legit married woman!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I feel like we're being trolled.  I can't put my finger on it, but something about OP screams troll.  Her responses?  The fact that she's all over the boards (seriously, there's something to be said about coming into a community gently...)?   I don't know...  
    What? I'm just trying to be active. I don't take kindly to people saying things that aren't true about me. Sorry if I don't shy away. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards