Wedding Etiquette Forum

Bridesmaids financial responsibilities

Re: Bridesmaids financial responsibilities

• Oh my dear sweet and fluffy lord, you must keep us updated on this shit show, this is bettwr than an episode of Bridezillas.

• woodtdm said:
    I wrote off the bra as part of my wedding expenses, because I will more than likely need one. She is a cousin through marriage and I honestly don't know her that well. She is 8 years younger, but she acts so much younger. I haven't a clue where her sense of entitlement comes from. I think she thinks that our weddings are in some sort of competition. I honestly haven't done anything but the venue yet. I already have the colours, the bridesmaid dresses, the center pieces, bachelorette party venue and menu already picked out. I haven't picked out my wedding party or dress yet. Its coming up next month. She has also invited herself to be in my wedding party. I told her nothing has been decided yet. My wedding isn't until September.
    Just wanted to touch on this quickly first...
    I'm guessing the bride in no way extended you this courtesy so you didn't experience it, but in general you need to ask each bridal party member their dress budget in private and then you pick a dress that's less than the lowest budget (unless you intend to buy all of their dresses for them). Just don't want you getting your heart set on a dress that a bridesmaid can't afford... since you clearly now how crappy that is.

That aside...

OMG this girl is craaaaazy.

Good job getting out of there. And thank you so much for sharing the continued bits of drama!
  • woodtdm said:

Apparently there was an "error" with one of the other BM's dresses and there was an extra dress. First time I have ever heard of that considering the dress is from Le Chateau. If I'm still invited I just may accessorize it and wear it :)

AND the dresses are from Le Chateau, classy! This sounds like a train wreck that will be fun to watch!
  • Apparently there was an "error" with one of the other BM's dresses and there was an extra dress. First time I have ever heard of that considering the dress is from Le Chateau. If I'm still invited I just may accessorize it and wear it :)
    AND the dresses are from Le Chateau, classy! This sounds like a train wreck that will be fun to watch!
    ??? Le Chateau has many lovely dresses. That store is often my go-to when I'm looking for something new (that, or ModCloth).

OP- Since the dress IS from a "standard" clothing store, if you are still invited, and you are feeling so bold (I'd probably chicken out :P) I'd wear it to the wedding, accessorized your own way, since you had to buy it anyway. ;) 
  • SP29 said:

woodtdm said:

Apparently there was an "error" with one of the other BM's dresses and there was an extra dress. First time I have ever heard of that considering the dress is from Le Chateau. If I'm still invited I just may accessorize it and wear it :)

??? Le Chateau has many lovely dresses. That store is often my go-to when I'm looking for something new (that, or ModCloth).

OP- Since the dress IS from a "standard" clothing store, if you are still invited, and you are feeling so bold (I'd probably chicken out :P) I'd wear it to the wedding, accessorized your own way, since you had to buy it anyway. ;) 

The last time I bought anything in Le Chateau was in 2002 when they sold "club clothes" and everything looked like it belonged in a Brittney Spears video. That's what I remember Le Chateau selling, I didn't realise they were trying to go upscale. Unfortunately, since I'm taller than 5'7", I can't shop there anyways.
  • woodtdm said:
    Oh please wear the BM dress to the wedding if you still go!

*gets popcorn*
  • I really want to wear it, just because, but I HATE IT :(

• woodtdm said:

I really want to wear it, just because, but I HATE IT :(

They have really changed their demographic since I last shopped there. It's where I got all my club gear when I worked in bars. If you needed midriff baring, and sparkly, that's where you used to shop. :) Looks like they are going for an upscale image. 

Shows how long it's been since I've set foot in a mall!
  • I think it's a really pretty dress too!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• I third (fourth?) that it is a really pretty dress.  Add some awesome jewelry and killer shoes and that would be a great wedding guest dress.

OP, what don't you like about the dress?

• I agree with PPs that this is a pretty dress.
  • Love the dress! What size is it?

I just found Bridezillas on Netflix last night, and WOW, pretty sure this girl should be casted for that show- if she's not already ;)
  • Really? That dress is stunning. Link? I could wear that to my cousin's wedding this fall!
  • The dress is very pretty but it is very unforgiving. If you have any sort of curve its is accentuated. I have very large bewbies and that's all I can see.
  • woodtdm said:
    The dress is very pretty but it is very unforgiving. If you have any sort of curve its is accentuated. I have very large bewbies and that's all I can see.
    Yep, that's a lovely dress, but not one I could ever wear.  Everything about it is wrong for my body type.  I'd look like a giant blueberry.
  • JediElizabethJediElizabeth member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2016
    woodtdm said:
    The dress is very pretty but it is very unforgiving. If you have any sort of curve its is accentuated. I have very large bewbies and that's all I can see.
    When I saw that dress, I thought the same thing. "Gorgeous - I wish I could pull that off!"

I'm going to ask my bridesmaids to buy lace dresses, and I hope at least one gets one like this, but I'd never ask them to get it specifically knowing that it's not going to flatter a lot of ladies.
  • An A line would have so much better. I'm not terribly small but all the other bridesmaids are considerably larger than I am. I feel like a sausage in the dress.
  • It looks pretty but like it's cut for someone with a teen body.   Even the model looks like she has to have almost a boy-like bone structure.

I like the overall effect though.
  • adk19 said:
    woodtdm said:
    Yep, that's a lovely dress, but not one I could ever wear.  Everything about it is wrong for my body type.  I'd look like a giant blueberry.
    It's really close to something I would choose to wear, but no cigar. I don't think it'd flatter any curves, and it'd look so much better, IMO, with a more boat- than crew-neck. But I'm all about the color and fabric concept.
  • Honestly, the way that tiny model is standing, it bunches a little in the middle, making it look like she squeezed into it and it's not the perfect fit.  I think that dress would be difficult for an everyday woman to pull off, and if bride's surviving BMs are on the larger side, I think it would be extremely unflattering.  If you can't return the dress, is there any magic a tailor could work on it, maybe with some similar lace, to bring the bust out a little and make it more forgiving in the hips?  Don't know if that would work with such a tight dress.  
  • @woodtdm, you are amazing!! The other bridesmaids owe you a huge debt of gratitude.
  • edited January 2016
    I love the term "money whores." Hot damn!

Well, if you're uninvited and defriended, surely so are the others since they agreed. Wonder if this bridezilla will have no close friends left or just come to her senses. Hoping for the latter! 

ETA HolyGuac I'm spending too much time looking at your hot guy gifs....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards