Chit Chat

Who or what are you side-eyeing?

Re: Who or what are you side-eyeing?

• ernursej said:

I'm side-eyeing a few people at work who cannot wash their own lunch dishes. I'm not sure who they expect to clean up after them, but it is gross and rude.

I had a job a few years ago that, started off great, and then became soul crushingly demeaning because of a couple individuals.  One of my jobs was to place the monthly coffee order and keep the kitchen/break room relatively.  But general stuff.  Like washing the coffee pots on occasion.

I'd noticed there was starting to be a bad habit of people leaving their lunch dishes in the sink.  So I sent a friendly reminder to the office to clean up their dishes after using them.  I got called into the office of one of my soul crushing co-workers...who wasn't even my boss, but was higher up than me.  That my e-mail was inappropriate because it was my job to keep the kitchen clean and that included doing people's dishes.

What the what?  REALLY.  Are you sure this normally skin-flint company wants to pay me $25/hour to wash other employee's dishes?  That they should be washing on their own time at the end of lunch?  I literally asked her that in a polite "could melt butter in my mouth tone, just without using the term "skin-flint".  I could see from her expression she then realized how dumb that sounded but, of course, wouldn't admit to being wrong.  So she doubled down and said that, while people should be washing their own dishes, if they didn't I needed to take care of it.  To be fair, she was not one of the "dirty dish" perpetrators, so it wasn't that.

But, on a different note, though still office work related.  I am side-eyeing the people who use all the coffee.  Not only don't make a new pot.  But then put the empty glass pot on a hot burner.  This morning I was able to get one cup of regular coffee by using the dregs from two pots.  So, that was two different lazy people and now I'm stuck making two pots.  And it was only 8:30AM.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jenna8984 said:

A couple on this show last night called "Life or Debt". A financial planner comes and helps them straighten out, set a plan, etc. Well this couple.......oh man. 300k in debt, hasn't paid their mortgage in 2 years. The woman gets her nails and hair done biweekly, only wears designer clothes. The expert went through her closet and every pair of Loubitons were $1200, her LV bag she said was a great deal at "only" $800, her fur coat was about $2,500. Their Range Rover is $700 a month. They just got engaged with a $12k ring and are planning a $3k engagement party (nevermind the wedding itself).

And here's the kicker- between the 2 of them- they have 6 kids!!! I literally cannot fathom that anyone on Earth who has 6 kids would buy designer shoes INSTEAD of paying their housing and risking their kids being homeless.

So the expert set them up on this whole plan to sell their material items and save their home and file for chapter 13 for the rest. It was a solid plan. When he checked back in 3 months later- they had thrown the whole plan to hell, and RENTED a second home for $2,200 a month, and said "at least we can live here when they foreclose our house". Their house was $1200 a month and they weren't paying that....but they signed a lease for $2200?! WHAT?! What a freaking shitshow!!!!!

Ooooooh what channel does this show come on??? You share my love for this type of TV.

• I've been side-eyeing one woman on Reddit so hard lately. She posted about having champagne and cake for the people travelling to Hawaii for her wedding and insists that she doesn't need to feed them because she didn't technically invite them and they are coming on their own. She found the super secret magic loophole, y'all! She also is having like 3 "weddings" and doesn't seem to be able to say no to people and is the kind of person who can't say no to a shower but wouldn't register because she doesn't need things and insists that it's so hard to say "no, thank you".

Every time she posts I just roll my eyes so far back into my skull that I may be going blind.
    Okay, I NEED more info! At least a direct quote so I can find her. I haven't posted on weddit since H's accident, or even read it very much, and the person you're talking about is on the tip of my 'tongue' but can't place her.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • jenna8984jenna8984 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2016
    @thefanciestbeckler  don't remember so I just googled it and apparently it was only the second episode of a new show! Looks like I'll have to DRV the rest of the season now! It's on Spike TV.

• I'm side-eyeing at least half of the cast of Teen Mom 2 right now. It's the start of the new season and they are as ridiculous as ever, and I bloody LOVE it! It makes me cringe to high heaven but I just don't know how to quit it! 

• I'm side-eyeing at least half of the cast of Teen Mom 2 right now. It's the start of the new season and they are as ridiculous as ever, and I bloody LOVE it! It makes me cringe to high heaven but I just don't know how to quit it! 
    It's not the new season yet, but my secret shame reality show is 90-Day Fiance.  For those not familiar, it's U.S. couples in long distance relationships with people from other countries.  Now they are ready to tie the knot, so they bring their SO over on a fiancé visa...which requires them to get married in 90 days.  There is at least something cringe-worthy in every relationship, either before the person arrives or after they arrive.  I just can't help but watch the craziness unfold.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ernursej said:

I'm side-eyeing a few people at work who cannot wash their own lunch dishes. I'm not sure who they expect to clean up after them, but it is gross and rude.

I seem to be the staff room monitor at work. I've made a rota for turning on and emptying the dishwasher each day. I see a red mist when people don't follow it lol! People have been told to put their stuff in the washer rather than leave it on the side but each day some fucker still leaves their cup or plate there; who the hell do you think is gonna put it away for you?!

NB- I have been given this thankless role by the headmistress, m not sad enough to take it upon myself!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Stupid boxes:

Please tell me you're not going to this shitshow?
    Spoonsey said:
    I'm side eyeing a friend of FI who invited us to his castle wedding in the middle of butt-fuck nowhere.  They basically want the castle wedding, but are too cheap to swing for anything near civilization.  So it's the guests who need to eat the cost by staying at the (over priced) castle hotel for the night, or face a 3 hour drive home after the reception. 

Oh, we're also not invited to the wedding itself, just the reception after the dinner, but at least "partner's are invited as well!"  I've met the guy several times, but I'm willing to bet he couldn't tell you my name if his life depended on it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Sherbie25 said:
    Stupid boxes:

Spoonsey said:
    I'm side eyeing a friend of FI who invited us to his castle wedding in the middle of butt-fuck nowhere.  They basically want the castle wedding, but are too cheap to swing for anything near civilization.  So it's the guests who need to eat the cost by staying at the (over priced) castle hotel for the night, or face a 3 hour drive home after the reception. 

Oh, we're also not invited to the wedding itself, just the reception after the dinner, but at least "partner's are invited as well!"  I've met the guy several times, but I'm willing to bet he couldn't tell you my name if his life depended on it.
    Oh come on, of course they're going. Because castles are totes awesome and everyone would bend over backwards to be there. If guests can't afford their own rooms they can share, obviously. They love the couple and would be so unhappy, nay, mad, to be excluded! 

• Sherbie25 said:
    Stupid boxes:

Spoonsey said:

Oh come on, of course they're going. Because castles are totes awesome and everyone would bend over backwards to be there. If guests can't afford their own rooms they can share, obviously. They love the couple and would be so unhappy, nay, mad, to be excluded! 
    Oooh, I forgot that they asked for an RSVP November for a May wedding.

No, we're not going, though FI flip-flopped a few times, which I personally couldn't fathom.  He used some logic like, "maybe we'll be 40 and the friendship will have rekindled like it was in high school, and I'll regret not going to his wedding (reception...)"  I don't know, I tuned out after I saw the direction the conversation was going.  At some point he convinced himself that the only way to be a good friend was to go.

However, FI sent in our official NO (without explanation), and we actually took him and his FI off our (single tier) guest list.  So technically they saved us a few hundred euros.
  • ThxSugar said:
    ernursej said:

I had a job a few years ago that, started off great, and then became soul crushingly demeaning because of a couple individuals.  One of my jobs was to place the monthly coffee order and keep the kitchen/break room relatively.  But general stuff.  Like washing the coffee pots on occasion.

I'd noticed there was starting to be a bad habit of people leaving their lunch dishes in the sink.  So I sent a friendly reminder to the office to clean up their dishes after using them.  I got called into the office of one of my soul crushing co-workers...who wasn't even my boss, but was higher up than me.  That my e-mail was inappropriate because it was my job to keep the kitchen clean and that included doing people's dishes.

What the what?  REALLY.  Are you sure this normally skin-flint company wants to pay me $25/hour to wash other employee's dishes?  That they should be washing on their own time at the end of lunch?  I literally asked her that in a polite "could melt butter in my mouth tone, just without using the term "skin-flint".  I could see from her expression she then realized how dumb that sounded but, of course, wouldn't admit to being wrong.  So she doubled down and said that, while people should be washing their own dishes, if they didn't I needed to take care of it.  To be fair, she was not one of the "dirty dish" perpetrators, so it wasn't that.

But, on a different note, though still office work related.  I am side-eyeing the people who use all the coffee.  Not only don't make a new pot.  But then put the empty glass pot on a hot burner.  This morning I was able to get one cup of regular coffee by using the dregs from two pots.  So, that was two different lazy people and now I'm stuck making two pots.  And it was only 8:30AM.

I would have cleaned the sink by throwing their shit in the trash. 

I may have done that once ... or twice. I feel like things that have been left in the sink for more than 2 days are fair game. If I remember correctly, it was only gladware so I don't feel too bad.
  • I'm side-eyeing all of the idiots on Facebook who are encouraging a bride to set a dress code for her bridesmaids at the shower.  They range from "not too short or tight" to themes (Dawn of the Dead, Pink and Pearls and St. Patrick's Day to name a few).  And of course, no white!

I'm also side-eyeing my boss for somehow having general compassion and empathy on a humanitarian level but not on an interpersonal level.

What and who are you side-eyeing today?
    OMG yes! I went to a shower that was supposed to be "Mardi Gras" themed....in JULY! First off, try finding a mardi gras style dress in July when you do not live in Louisiana, secondly anything that remotely made sense was ridiculously expensive....so I spend $75 to make something work with the theme, get there and NOBODY is in theme...Not the bridal party, bride or guests....then they had mardi gras masks...that nobody wore! Such a waste of my money and energy. I wanted to smack everyone who planned that stupid event!

• I'm side-eyeing all of the idiots on Facebook who are encouraging a bride to set a dress code for her bridesmaids at the shower.  They range from "not too short or tight" to themes (Dawn of the Dead, Pink and Pearls and St. Patrick's Day to name a few).  And of course, no white!

I'm also side-eyeing my boss for somehow having general compassion and empathy on a humanitarian level but not on an interpersonal level.

What and who are you side-eyeing today?
    1. "Dawn of the Dead" bridesmaids??? Really?

2. I've had bosses like that (fortunately not my current one). I feel your pain.

I'm side-eyeing my coworkers who know perfectly well what our procedures are but never follow them, so that I have to be the bad guy and ask them why they didn't get it done earlier. Also our roommate who says she's making a cigarette run when we know damn well she's going to her boyfriend's. A twelve-hour cigarette run? Come on, we're all adults here.
    I side eye her smoking more than I do her going to see her boyfriend. 

---

Nykkole. That is all. That is what I am side eying today. 
  • edited March 2016
    @lovesclimbing, I have no problem with her seeing her boyfriend, and as long as she smokes outside, I have no issues with that. But why fib? Like I said, we're all adults.

ETA: I didn't convey my meaning well in my original post. It's none of our business, I know, but why go to the effort of telling such a silly story?
    It's not the new season yet, but my secret shame reality show is 90-Day Fiance.  For those not familiar, it's U.S. couples in long distance relationships with people from other countries.  Now they are ready to tie the knot, so they bring their SO over on a fiancé visa...which requires them to get married in 90 days.  There is at least something cringe-worthy in every relationship, either before the person arrives or after they arrive.  I just can't help but watch the craziness unfold.
    I can't help but love Teen Mom and Teen Mom 2. Most of them are incredibly ridiculous, but I can't look away. I also love 90-day fiance! I hope that's coming up soon... H and I watched last season and really enjoyed it. I worry for some of the couples, though!
  • I'm side eyeing a FB post from a bride complaining that not everyone has rsvp'd to her wedding yet when the rsvp date she gave is the end of April.  She is anxious to get them so she can start sending out invites to her b list.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been side-eyeing one woman on Reddit so hard lately. She posted about having champagne and cake for the people travelling to Hawaii for her wedding and insists that she doesn't need to feed them because she didn't technically invite them and they are coming on their own. She found the super secret magic loophole, y'all! She also is having like 3 "weddings" and doesn't seem to be able to say no to people and is the kind of person who can't say no to a shower but wouldn't register because she doesn't need things and insists that it's so hard to say "no, thank you".

Every time she posts I just roll my eyes so far back into my skull that I may be going blind.
    Okay, I NEED more info! At least a direct quote so I can find her. I haven't posted on weddit since H's accident, or even read it very much, and the person you're talking about is on the tip of my 'tongue' but can't place her.
    I pmed you, but there are a few of them so you may be thinking of one of the other greedy people with no backbones that love the weddit hugbox.
  •  

OMG yes! I went to a shower that was supposed to be "Mardi Gras" themed....in JULY! First off, try finding a mardi gras style dress in July when you do not live in Louisiana, secondly anything that remotely made sense was ridiculously expensive....so I spend $75 to make something work with the theme, get there and NOBODY is in theme...Not the bridal party, bride or guests....then they had mardi gras masks...that nobody wore! Such a waste of my money and energy. I wanted to smack everyone who planned that stupid event!
    what does one wear to a Mardi Gras themed event? Beads and pasties?
  • kvruns said:

Aaahhh...noooo.  I live in NOLA and nobody wears pasties for MG, maybe just on Bourbon St., but even that would be unusual.

There really isn't a Mardi Gras style outfit, so that is just weird in and of itself.  Though MG colors are Purple, Green, and Gold.  Had it been me, I would have just put together a wacky outfit from my closet that incorporated those colors.  Beads would be very MG, but I would expect those to have been provided at the party.  With all that said, here is a popular rugby style shirt people wear at the parades during the season, but it's not a "must":

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kanye. Always Kanye.
  • kvruns said:

Aaahhh...noooo.  I live in NOLA and nobody wears pasties for MG, maybe just on Bourbon St., but even that would be unusual.

There really isn't a Mardi Gras style outfit, so that is just weird in and of itself.  Though MG colors are Purple, Green, and Gold.  Had it been me, I would have just put together a wacky outfit from my closet that incorporated those colors.  Beads would be very MG, but I would expect those to have been provided at the party.  With all that said, here is a popular rugby style shirt people wear at the parades during the season, but it's not a "must":

Yeah, they supplied beads... That nobody wore, and the party was turning into a bachelorette party in the evening, so they wanted us to have on Mardi gras themed attire for that as well.... Those colors were not readily available in my wardrobe and finding them during summer is impossible!! I went with a black dress with a fun colored bra underneath... The dress was a halter style so I was able to tie it low enough so the bra color looked like part of the dress and a fun colored pair of heels.

• SP29 said:
    Trump. Always Trump. Cruz is also getting a side eye too.

Endless hashtags. I don't get it. I don't hashtag at all, but I understand the use on social media when it pertains to events, business, politics, you know, things that people are following and want to link together. But I don't get the point of random hashtags on every photo someone posts on FB.

For real, why do you want your random post about how much you love #pepperoni #pizza on your facebook status? Also, most of these people are tagging things but have their privacy settings set so only friends can see their posts, so there's not even a popint.

I use hashtags on my instagram but that's to get more followers/likes/comments on my nail art, so it makes a bit more sense :pensive: 

Side eyeing the guy on the train who clips his nails every morning. How fast do your nails grow that you need to clip them every day?!? Also the man who listens to his music really loud through his phone's speakers. I was so tempted to offer him my headphones, it was so loud.
  • kylexokylexo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    SP29 said:
    Trump. Always Trump. Cruz is also getting a side eye too.

Endless hashtags. I don't get it. I don't hashtag at all, but I understand the use on social media when it pertains to events, business, politics, you know, things that people are following and want to link together. But I don't get the point of random hashtags on every photo someone posts on FB.

For real, why do you want your random post about how much you love #pepperoni #pizza on your facebook status? Also, most of these people are tagging things but have their privacy settings set so only friends can see their posts, so there's not even a popint.

I use hashtags on my instagram but that's to get more followers/likes/comments on my nail art, so it makes a bit more sense :pensive: 

Side eyeing the guy on the train who clips his nails every morning. How fast do your nails grow that you need to clip them every day?!? Also the man who listens to his music really loud through his phone's speakers. I was so tempted to offer him my headphones, it was so loud.
    OMG yes. the bolded, all the time. Also side eyeing Man in Tree (#manintree ?) who closed down the streets around my office and ate of tens of thousands of dollars in support services and tore up the top of a historic tree.

Last side eye goes to the lady on the bus the other day who was eating a raw potato as if it were an apple. Gross.
  • Side eying the creepy old man who just told a single female coworker not to apply for her dream job because it's located in a desolate place and she won't meet anyone.  "It's a job I don't recommend for single people, so if you're serious about it, get married first."

...I don't even.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards