Chit Chat
Options

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?

Re: Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?

• Options
    How'd we do in fantasy this week??  Both of my teams won, and I made it another week in the Death Pool.  Next week's pick won't be so easy!

@lyndausvi - as Beyonce would say 'I ain't sorry."  
  • Options
    I landed at half time of the Bills game and H picked me up with flowers and the radio tuned to the game. That's love. 

The Bills won, and they're at 3-2, but the winning streak is on!
  • Options
    How'd we do in fantasy this week??  Both of my teams won, and I made it another week in the Death Pool.  Next week's pick won't be so easy!

I can't believe we lost!!!   Grr.

I won again this week.  4-1.    I need to check out this week's matchup.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

I'm 4-1 too, but I honestly don't know how I keep winning... I have the second lowest point total in the league (but not by much, everyone is pretty close together) - but that is probably because the one week I lost, I LOST. I had 53 points total, when "average" for a given week in our league is closer to 115 points. That week really dragged down my season average.

Next week I have a really high projected point total, partly because LeVeon Bell is expected to run all over the Dolphins. We'll see - usually those projected point totals are BS.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My fantasy team is 5-0   :) and my Jets lost again  :/
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

The tried and true rule for gambling in Detroit is you never bet for or against the Lions, especially at home because you never know what we're going to do!
  • Options
    One of my favorite moments from the Bills huge win over New England. 

As much as I respect Belichick, his "system" and most of the New England players, I'm not a huge Tom Brady fan.  He probably didn't do anything technically illegal with the balls, but he was lying through his teeth.  Instead of saying "yeah, I deflated those balls, no big deal," he put himself, the team and fans through a long, arduous, distracting process. We're exalting this sports hero and raising him to God-like status.  Now the collective New England psyche is restored because our dubiously-ethical wonder boy is back where he belongs.

The team winning 3 out of 4 games without Brady demonstrates the effectiveness of Belichick's coaching and I'm just as happy seeing [healthy] Garoppolo as QB.

***I do think this video is hilarious too :)  and get a kick out of Belichick at press conferences***

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303848104579308902591555672
  • Options
    Help!  Who do you pick?  We're down to 5 teams for the win!  The Steelers are the top chosen team but I've already picked them this season and was trying to save the Patriots for later in the season.

• Options

As much as I respect Belichick, his "system" and most of the New England players, I'm not a huge Tom Brady fan.  He probably didn't do anything technically illegal with the balls, but he was lying through his teeth.  Instead of saying "yeah, I deflated those balls, no big deal," he put himself, the team and fans through a long, arduous, distracting process. We're exalting this sports hero and raising him to God-like status.  Now the collective New England psyche is restored because our dubiously-ethical wonder boy is back where he belongs.

The team winning 3 out of 4 games without Brady demonstrates the effectiveness of Belichick's coaching and I'm just as happy seeing [healthy] Garoppolo as QB.

***I do think this video is hilarious too :)  and get a kick out of Belichick at press conferences***

Oh he is hilarious at press conferences. After the Bills game he was like "we lost. We should have won. Tom Brady's job is not in jeopardy, next question". 

I disagree about respecting his system though. Yes, he's a successful coach, but stories have plagued the Patriots since Belichick came to New England about his coaching and skirting the rules. It started with "spygate" and his response was "oh my mistake" and has continued. 

Sure Brady and Belichick will probably go down in NFL history as greats, but I don't think that it's without skepticism. 
  • Options

Oh he is hilarious at press conferences. After the Bills game he was like "we lost. We should have won. Tom Brady's job is not in jeopardy, next question". 

I disagree about respecting his system though. Yes, he's a successful coach, but stories have plagued the Patriots since Belichick came to New England about his coaching and skirting the rules. It started with "spygate" and his response was "oh my mistake" and has continued. 

Sure Brady and Belichick will probably go down in NFL history as greats, but I don't think that it's without skepticism. 
    You raise a good point about spygate.  I wasn't as attuned to football at that time but it certainly came up in conversations when I met with customers (years later) in other parts of the country.
  • Options
    I'd go with the Titans @kimmiinthemitten
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    I'd go with the Titans @kimmiinthemitten
    Thanks!  I keep going back and forth between them and the Patriots.  I'll probably change 5 more times.
  • Options
    Four game win streak for my Bills!!
  • Options
    Lions won two back to back!  Both were ugly, but a wins a win!
  • Options
    Eagles lost.   Miller (Houston) better do well or I will lose in Fantasy too.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten I told my H he should have started Stafford. 

Also, @lyndausvi he's complaining how much he hates the new song/intro/dancing. 
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten I told my H he should have started Stafford. 

Also, @lyndausvi he's complaining how much he hates the new song/intro/dancing. 
    I told H he should have started Stafford too.

At the last minute I switched out West for  Lacy.   So stupid.  West would have given me 34 points and off-set Big Ben and AB's lack luster performance.

• Options
    Anyone watch the Seahawks/Falcons game? Man, that was stressful. And yes, Richard Sherman should have been called for pass interference, but even if he had been, it doesn't mean the Falcons would have won for sure. I'll take the win, either way.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So due to a pre-season trade, I have had three QB's on my work league team.  I figured someone would get injured early on and I'd have a good trade opportunity.

Well, it happened - a QB is out for the season and it's mine.  I already hated Roethlisberger and felt dirty drafting him, so I guess this is what I get for selling my soul to the FF Devil.
  • Options
    So due to a pre-season trade, I have had three QB's on my work league team.  I figured someone would get injured early on and I'd have a good trade opportunity.

Well, it happened - a QB is out for the season and it's mine.  I already hated Roethlisberger and felt dirty drafting him, so I guess this is what I get for selling my soul to the FF Devil.
    It's not for sure he's out for the season. Apparently it depends on how bad the tear is. He might just miss the Pats game and the bye is next week, so he could be back for the second half of the season. 

I hate him too, but that's what my die-hard Steelers fan husband is telling himself today. 
  • Options

Overheard on the Bears bench yesterday "Holy shit. We're winning. I don't understand. We could win this game - that would be so weird! Ya know what, nah, let's give them this win. I like their helmets".

I just put "paper bags" on my list of things to bring to Lambeau on Thursday.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    So, someone in our league forgets to check her lineup before games start. Last week, she left Cam Newton in, despite the fact that he was out with an injury. This week, her kicker was on bye, and she didn't have a backup. She COULD have picked up one of tonight's kickers, both of whom were free agents, but her opponent picked them both up last night so she couldn't. She lost by two points because of it.

I get irrationally annoyed when people don't bother to check their lineups AT ALL. It also bothers me that this person has not paid her league dues yet, because now I worry she is just going to drop out and refuse to pay because she is too lazy to set her lineup and is losing because of it.

/rant
    I hate when someone leaves their lineup as is for weeks and then checks and switches out bye week players right in time to play me :o  (not that Gangreen Eileen will be brought down I'm leading my league in points scored and I'm tied for the best record!) But it's still annoying. 
  • Options
    Seriously, one of the worse SNF games ever.   I'm trying to figure out that I bothered watching.    Oh that's right, I have the SEA defense, kicker and Micheal (RB) and the other guy has Graham.   

At least I'm up and still have Miller playing tomorrow.  So I'm hoping to pull off a win this week.

• Options
    lyndausvi said:
    Seriously, one of the worse SNF games ever.   I'm trying to figure out that I bothered watching.    Oh that's right, I have the SEA defense, kicker and Micheal (RB) and the other guy has Graham.   

At least I'm up and still have Miller playing tomorrow.  So I'm hoping to pull off a win this week.
    Nothing about your Eagles victory?!  Even I was excited for you!
  • Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2016
    lyndausvi said:

Nothing about your Eagles victory?!  Even I was excited for you!
    It was a good game.  I was pretty stoked.  Especially since a few of my co-workers were Vikings fans.

I was working a halloween party and kept going to the bar to you know... check on things!

• Options
    I don't think I should join any more 16 player leagues anymore....
  • Options
    What baby vomited all of the Jacksonville uniforms?  I feel like I'm watching two squads of teletubbies tackle each other.
  • Options
    I just told DH BOTH teams' uniforms are horrible, with Jags being worse of course.