Wedding Woes

90-Day Fiance discussions

Re: 90-Day Fiance discussions

• Did anyone watch last night?? Holy cow.
  • I didn't get to watch it yet! Recorded it and will have to watch later in the week. 
  • Doh!  Not yet.  I was busy this weekend and didn't do as much 90-Day binging/catching up as I'd planned, lol.  I'm pretty sure I've watched the first 4 episodes of the season.

The last episode I saw had Nicole pick out her wedding dress and later get a phone call from her friend that Azan was recorded having sexy talk with another person.

And Juan and Russ almost got in a fist fight.  I disagree with Paola's feeling like "oh, but my bff and my H HAVE to get along".  So let me just keep throwing this "oil and water" together.  I could better understand that if Juan lives near them.  But he doesn't.  So Paola should just have a separate relationship with him and see him by herself, for the rare occasions they are in the same place.

Apparently Juan needs to learn that sometimes we need to get along, at least on the surface, with people we don't like. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Doh!  Not yet.  I was busy this weekend and didn't do as much 90-Day binging/catching up as I'd planned, lol.  I'm pretty sure I've watched the first 4 episodes of the season.

The last episode I saw had Nicole pick out her wedding dress and later get a phone call from her friend that Azan was recorded having sexy talk with another person.

And Juan and Russ almost got in a fist fight.  I disagree with Paola's feeling like "oh, but my bff and my H HAVE to get along".  So let me just keep throwing this "oil and water" together.  I could better understand that if Juan lives near them.  But he doesn't.  So Paola should just have a separate relationship with him and see him by herself, for the rare occasions they are in the same place.

Apparently Juan needs to learn that sometimes we need to get along, at least on the surface, with people we don't like. 

Those two grate my nerves. I understand that Juan is Pao's BFF, but at some point, you have to stick up for your husband. Juan is super disrespectful and Pao is silly to think he's going to change. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I was waiting to watch the most recent episode before I opened this but looks like no spoilers. I’ll wait til others catch up 
  • kvruns said:
    I was waiting to watch the most recent episode before I opened this but looks like no spoilers. I’ll wait til others catch up 
    I skipped work to go to the doctor today, and don't feel like doing any adulting with my suddenly free day, so looks like I'm going to get caught up today.  :D 

• Spoilers:

Nicole is worried that Azan's family may not want to help anymore cos it'll cost more money??  Ugh.  She's always so clueless.  Sounds like postponing is a good idea though

I want to hear more about Jorge being arrested.  That seemed to just end abruptly

I think everyone this week needs a shit ton of counselling

• kvrunskvruns member
    Nicole: the thing that makes no sense is she said something about having her dad get the missing paperwork and send it to her. If he was supposed to arrive in a few days why couldn't he just bring it and then the wedding go on as planned. It didn't seem like you had to have paperwork in order a month ahead or whatever. 

The Jorge thing just went weird!
  • I'm only 25% of the way through. Nicole is an asshole, and could have apologized at least in English herself to Azan's family. These people spent money they don't have on you! Good lord. 

I hate Russ. Hate. 
  • Still behind the times, lol, but I watched one more episode last night.

Nicole and May arrived in Morocco.  I was bothered that Nicole was having this serious and upsetting discussion with Azan about his phone shenanigans...while May was sitting right there.  She's already topsy-turvied this girl enough.  Don't make one of her first impressions, since moving to a new country, to be one of worry and "mommy is upset and crying", smh.

Chantel's parents hire a private investigator and Pedro's sister first arrives in Atlanta.  I was side-eying the private investigator and all the things she found "highly suspicious".  That Pedro sends money to his family?  That's suspicious?  Okay.  I also loved how "helpful" she was in assuring them that her agency could absolutely have boots on the ground in the DR to investigate his family.  She must have been looking across that table and seeing big "$$$$$".  I also noticed the only thing they said about Pedro's lock on his phone was that he had one.  And then suddenly there is this jump that Pedro refused to give Chantel the p/w.  She never said one way or the other if that was the case.

My own H has a lock on his phone.  I don't have the p/w.  Though he has given me the p/w every once in awhile, if I needed to use his phone while mine wasn't with me or something like that.   But remembering his phone p/w or even jotting it down somewhere is not something I care about or chose to use any brain power for.

Normally I don't like Pedro's sister and think she is a first class pot stirrer.  But I couldn't believe Chantel was immediately starting the visit with a conniption fit about trading in the sleeping bag for an air mattress.  I know the money/gifts that Pedro gives his family is a big point of contention for them.  And that this couple is struggling a bit financially.  But still.  If they just spent $1K on a COUCH, then they can spring $50 tops on an air mattress, smh.  They should have gotten one to begin with.  Sleeping on a couch for a couple nights is okay.  But this is a 1-2 week visit.

Molly and Luis.  I just felt really bad for Molly.  She definitely made her mistakes in the relationship also.  But I know she wanted to make it work.  Luis was just an obviously bad choice for her and what she was looking for in a partner.  She ignored the red flags.  He is already a good bit younger than her.  And immature for his age, on top of that.  

Speaking of vacation flings that have wound up on this show.  I wonder how that Ohio woman (Melanie?) and her Jamaican H are doing.  Even when 90-Day couples have run out of drama to be filmed on the show, I still wish they'd do a 5-minute recap scene every season or two for previous couples.   

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The thing that was so concerning about Molly was that she just moved this dude right into her home with her children, without them ever having met them. 
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @short+sassy - Have you watched TLC's online-only 90 Day Fiance follow-up?  If I remember correctly (and sometimes my memory can be terrible), Melanie and Davar(?) were still together and she was pregnant.  

• Ro041 said:
    @short+sassy - Have you watched TLC's online-only 90 Day Fiance follow-up?  If I remember correctly (and sometimes my memory can be terrible), Melanie and Davar(?) were still together and she was pregnant.  

I have not!  Thanks!  That's exactly the kind of thing I am looking for.

Funny enough, I've been catching up on the previous episodes right on their website anyway and had not seen that option, lol.

Yes, I think his name is Davar.  I know they had talked about getting pregnant, so sounds like good news.  I liked them.  He got major bonus points in my book because he was immediately so warm and loving with her son.  They formed such a sweet and great bond together.  It was so heartwarming and refreshing to see.

Hmmphh, perhaps Luis should have watched those episodes and taken some notes!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Speaking of vacation flings that have wound up on this show.  I wonder how that Ohio woman (Melanie?) and her Jamaican H are doing.  Even when 90-Day couples have run out of drama to be filmed on the show, I still wish they'd do a 5-minute recap scene every season or two for previous couples.   

Ask and yea shall receive.  My PVR on the latest episode, taped the beginning of what looked like a "What Now" episode.  Melanie and Devar were on it, also with Josh/Aika, Danielle/Mohammed, the couple from Bulgaria and a few more.  It didn't tape though, so not sure what their story was.    

• Ro041Ro041 member

Still behind the times, lol, but I watched one more episode last night.

Ask and yea shall receive.  My PVR on the latest episode, taped the beginning of what looked like a "What Now" episode.  Melanie and Devar were on it, also with Josh/Aika, Danielle/Mohammed, the couple from Bulgaria and a few more.  It didn't tape though, so not sure what their story was.    
    Yes!  It is called 90 Day Fiance: What Now?  I think it was originally only an online series, but they may have played it on TV after that.  I thought it was pretty good to see some of the less controversial couples and see what they were up to.

I found it odd the way 90-Day handled the Josh/Aika story.  Even in their "own" season, it seemed like they were just brushed on and didn't have much air time or have much about them.  Then again, I remember their only drama being that she wanted a kid and he'd already had a vasectomy.

I was concerned about the longevity of their relationship.  Josh was obviously only seeing her through the lens of lust and infatuation.  Which is certainly a factor in the beginning of a relationship.  But don't base a marriage on it, ffs.  I hoped, for both their sakes, he still loved who she was when his penis got out of the way, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2018

Still behind the times, lol, but I watched one more episode last night.

Nicole and May arrived in Morocco.  I was bothered that Nicole was having this serious and upsetting discussion with Azan about his phone shenanigans...while May was sitting right there.  She's already topsy-turvied this girl enough.  Don't make one of her first impressions, since moving to a new country, to be one of worry and "mommy is upset and crying", smh.

Chantel's parents hire a private investigator and Pedro's sister first arrives in Atlanta.  I was side-eying the private investigator and all the things she found "highly suspicious".  That Pedro sends money to his family?  That's suspicious?  Okay.  I also loved how "helpful" she was in assuring them that her agency could absolutely have boots on the ground in the DR to investigate his family.  She must have been looking across that table and seeing big "$$$$$".  I also noticed the only thing they said about Pedro's lock on his phone was that he had one.  And then suddenly there is this jump that Pedro refused to give Chantel the p/w.  She never said one way or the other if that was the case.

My own H has a lock on his phone.  I don't have the p/w.  Though he has given me the p/w every once in awhile, if I needed to use his phone while mine wasn't with me or something like that.   But remembering his phone p/w or even jotting it down somewhere is not something I care about or chose to use any brain power for.

Normally I don't like Pedro's sister and think she is a first class pot stirrer.  But I couldn't believe Chantel was immediately starting the visit with a conniption fit about trading in the sleeping bag for an air mattress.  I know the money/gifts that Pedro gives his family is a big point of contention for them.  And that this couple is struggling a bit financially.  But still.  If they just spent $1K on a COUCH, then they can spring $50 tops on an air mattress, smh.  They should have gotten one to begin with.  Sleeping on a couch for a couple nights is okay.  But this is a 1-2 week visit.

Molly and Luis.  I just felt really bad for Molly.  She definitely made her mistakes in the relationship also.  But I know she wanted to make it work.  Luis was just an obviously bad choice for her and what she was looking for in a partner.  She ignored the red flags.  He is already a good bit younger than her.  And immature for his age, on top of that.  

Nicole has no understanding of how to function as an adult. She doesn't seem to notice the red flags. Has he explained why he can't/doesn't work? She worked at Starbucks, so i find it hard that she can provide for both households. It still weirds me out how she makes May call him "Daddy"

The family Chantal is the worst. As I said before, they think they have so much to offer Pedro and his family? They seem like nice people, but they need to get over themselves. I truly think Pedro loves her, but her family is hella messy. She's got to stop involving them in every single aspect of their relationship.

The couch thing was ridiculous. H and I often use visitors as a reason to get things we actually need for the house. If they needed a couch, buy a couch! Don't make it appear as if the ONLY reason you purchased it was because of Pedro's sister. 

I'm sort of torn about Molly and Luis. I think he did care for her, but I don't think he was ready to be Superdad right away, which is fine! I do however think that she was too pushy and demanding in the beginning. It's like she was looking for a replacement father/babysitter and not a husband. She seems a little on the intense side. I think he really cared about her, but the just did not work out. 
  • Nicole has no understanding of how to function as an adult. She doesn't seem to notice the red flags. Has he explained why he can't/doesn't work? She worked at Starbucks, so i find it hard that she can provide for both households. It still weirds me out how she makes May call him "Daddy"

The family Chantal is the worst. As I said before, they think they have so much to offer Pedro and his family? They seem like nice people, but they need to get over themselves. I truly think Pedro loves her, but her family is hella messy. She's got to stop involving them in every single aspect of their relationship.

The couch thing was ridiculous. H and I often use visitors as a reason to get things we actually need for the house. If they needed a couch, buy a couch! Don't make it appear as if the ONLY reason you purchased it was because of Pedro's sister. 

I'm sort of torn about Molly and Luis. I think he did care for her, but I don't think he was ready to be Superdad right away, which is fine! I do however think that she was too pushy and demanding in the beginning. It's like she was looking for a replacement father/babysitter and not a husband. She seems a little on the intense side. I think he really cared about her, but the just did not work out. 

Family Chantel is one of the worst families I have seen on this show.  Probably why they are such a regular occurrence, lol.  What happened at Pedro's grandma's house was one of the most outrageously, insensitive things I have ever seen.  My mouth was on the floor!  Not to mention, what a unique and amazing experience for authentic DR food, cooked all day by grandma.  I wanted to walk through the tv screen, with my plate in my hand, and tell Grandma Pedro, "I don't understand my fellow Americans who travel to foreign countries to eat burgers and fries either.  What's in the pot! :)"  I realize it wasn't the food they were upset by, at least not in that scene lol, but still.

I'm also tired of Momma Chantel constantly repeating the phrase "stupid Americans", in terms of what Pedro's family thinks of them.  Well, lady, I hate to say it buuutttt..if the mini Cowboy hat fits...(shrug)

I agree that Luis initially cared for Molly.  But he's not at a maturity level to be patient yet.  It seemed as soon as problems cropped up, that seemed manageable to me with a little understanding and compromise on both sides, his reaction was to shut down and leave instead of trying to work things out.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Why have we not talked about Molly’s lawyer’s hair? 
  • He's Gene Simmons if he ever quits Kiss to become a lawyer 

• Ro041Ro041 member
    I watched part of the first part of the reunion.  wooooowwwwww.  I feel like I don't need to watch the last few episodes I have missed.  They seem to spoil all the good stuff in the previews anyway.

• The beginning cracked me up.  Everyone said they didn't want to talk about all their drama.  Then why are you on a reality tv show??  LOL  Overall I found it a bit boring, except for when the producers wanted Jorge to sit up and the girls got all cranky

• The beginning cracked me up.  Everyone said they didn't want to talk about all their drama.  Then why are you on a reality tv show??  LOL  Overall I found it a bit boring, except for when the producers wanted Jorge to sit up and the girls got all cranky
    Right?! "I don't want to talk about what was my main storyline for the last 4 weeks"

mmkay.
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    I keep watching the Family Chantel fight and I cannot believe that Chantel is claiming that Pedro started the fight with River.  How much she defends them is beyond me.

• Ro041 said:
    I keep watching the Family Chantel fight and I cannot believe that Chantel is claiming that Pedro started the fight with River.  How much she defends them is beyond me.
    Right? It's crazy. He was clearly the aggressor in the situation by yelling the N word. Serious lack of accountability. Also - I hate when they try and speak Spanish lol  
  • Ro041 said:
    Right? It's crazy. He was clearly the aggressor in the situation by yelling the N word. Serious lack of accountability. Also - I hate when they try and speak Spanish lol  

I don't so much mind, on the rare occasion, if they are actually trying to be accommodating by speaking Spanish.

But when the mother, at the end of the episode with the fight, was yelling in Spanish about them being bad and calling for Immigration.  Oh HELL NO!  That is bold-faced racist and xenophobic.  Against her Son-IL, no less. 

WTF is wrong with Chantel?  On what planet did anyone think that dinner was a good idea, smh.  She should have, at the very least, expected tons of animosity and a screaming fight.  Also, she already knows her parents can't stand Pedro.  She's always talking about how much she wants to fix that relationship.  But then, any time Pedro disappoints her, it's running home to family to cry to them about it.  Does she have no understanding that she is just fueling the flames?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • All righty!  I have caught up.  Just in time for "Before the 90 Days" to start this Sunday, lol.

Molly and Luis -- not much to say about them.  Though I did find it interesting that apparently some of the other guys are regularly in touch with Luis.  For Molly's sake, it sounds like Luis has no interest in pursuing his green card and will be moving back to the DR.

Annie and David -- not from the "Tell All", but no wonder David is having trouble finding work!!!  I saw the episode where he shows up for an interview...at an attorney's office...wearing a turtleneck, blazer, and khaki pants.  WTF, dude!  Buy a suit from Goodwill if you have to, but wear a suit!!!  Especially to an interview at a law office.  And then his "interview" was him rattling on about his life and level of desperation.  I'm sure it was all a set-up for the show, but still.  And then he's looking down his nose at "some $12/hr p/t job" with a free place to live at that storage unit, smh.

Anfisa and Jorge -- or should I say Anfisa and Paulo.  Because the animosity between those two was much more interesting, lol.  The two "hot" issues...Jorge's arrest and DNA result with his supposed daughter...were both "no new info" on the show.  That was a little disappointing, but not unexpected.  I can't blame Jorge for keeping his mouth shut about his criminal case.  I'd think that's the smart thing to do.

Chantel and Pedro -- Not much new there either.  Though it sounded like Chantel hasn't really spoken to her family since "the incident".  She really, really needs to take his side more often.  But, of course, she doesn't.  The whole bad blood started because she was too "conflict avoidance" to tell her parents he was there on a K-1 Visa to begin with.  I think Pedro was slightly more at fault in the fight but, the vast majority of the time, it is her brother and parents who have been just the worst to him.  And it's not like River was all innocent in that fight either. 

Paulo and Russ -- She needs to wake-up and smell the Columbian coffee that her friend Juan is NOT her friend and does not have her best interest at heart.  It's one thing to not like Russ and think he isn't the right person for Paulo.  But it is quite another to be GLEEFUL, every time he causes stress in the Paulo/Russ relationship.  That guy is awful.  He's toxic.  I also think she was being a little unfair to Russ.  Sure, he should have read her mind and been more supportive.  But it's also hard when someone keeps pushing you away and insisting they are fine.

I had an ex-b/f like that.  He was Canadian.  My own "almost" K-1 Visa, lol, (not really).  But he blew up at me during our break-up because I "never asked him how he was doing (a lie)" and I "never showed an interest in his life".  I tried SO HARD to get him to open up and talk about himself.  Even just tell me about his day and what he was up to.  Especially because it was an LDR.  He always shut down my efforts.  Made me feel like I was intruding a little.  So I finally just stopped trying. 

Anyway, I heard on the Internet that they are preggers again!  I hope everything goes well for their pregnancy.  Though I found it confusing how they kept talking about how "rare" her condition was that previously caused the miscarriage.  She has an Rh Factor in her blood type (a negative blood type).  Lots of people do.  Myself included.  So I felt like maybe I was missing something they weren't explaining.  I also didn't think, nowadays, that they usually resulted in miscarriages because a shot is given to protect the fetus, jic they don't have an Rh Factor.  But I don't know much about it.

Nicole and Azan -- WHAT.THE.F**K!!!!!!  Girl, let's review.  Azan changes his mind about marrying you.  You can call it a mutual decision if you wish, but you also said you would marry him tomorrow and the big wedding gala wasn't important to you.

Except now you need to GTFO of the country because your tourist visa is about to expire, since you all didn't get married.

But, that's okay.  You gave him all the money you had saved toward living there and toward the wedding.  So he could open a "make-up store".  Because you know how every straight guy has a dream about opening up a make-up store.  Never mind that you haven't even seen the space for this store.  Even though you were living in Morocco when this all went down!?!?  Nor is your name/ownership attached to any kind of business.  Never mind that neither one of you know anything about running a business.  And he's going to be doing it all by himself.  Of course, that would imply there even is a business, smh.  And I think we all know better.

I was trying and trying to give Azan the benefit of the doubt, in regards to this relationship.  But the red, neon flags flew up high when I heard that one.  "Oh, yes, yes, darling.  Get out of the country, but leave your money.  I'll start a business with it for income and then we'll have our grand wedding."

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nicole is clueless.  Azan is totally scamming her for money, and he’s not even good at hiding it.  And when you get asked if you want to marry someone and you have to think before replying I Dunno, you don’t want to get married. Nicole just looks desperate now. I’m glad she got sent back home, but I don’t think she’ll stop until she’s married to him

I laughed so hard when Luis realized it was the show host and he was no too busy to talk

David is upset that Annie wants to go home??  What do you expect??  You have no job, refuse to get one and she’s now living in a storage building with no kitchen.  I really think though that she though he was her rich American ticket to a better life and this is not what she expected. 

Overall, I found the tell all was boring. Again, no one wanted to talk about their drama and the host didn’t get into anything good.  The second hour with Nicole and Azan was much more entertaining. 

I missed used the third hour, after the 90 days. My Pvr is acting up and didn’t record.  I’m not impressed with that

• kvrunskvruns member
    Was Part 2 of the tell all on? We switched to streaming TV and the DVR is dumb and records weird and it is impossible to figure out what is new. So confused If theres a new one