Wedding Woes

90-Day Fiance discussions

Re: 90-Day Fiance discussions

• kvruns said:
    Was Part 2 of the tell all on? We switched to streaming TV and the DVR is dumb and records weird and it is impossible to figure out what is new. So confused If theres a new one 

Yes, the Tell All -- Part 2 was on this last Sunday (7/29).  I think the special show about Nicole and Azan was on right after it.

There have also been some "Where are They Now" shows.

Spoiler:

Melanie and Devar that we were talking about earlier in the thread, did have a baby.  One of the couples from way, way back in the very first season had a baby.  I forget their names, hers is something like Kiriam.  She was from Brazil and they met when he was doing missionary work down there.

Patrick and Miriam -- She was the French woman who had a b/f.  It's actually common knowledge online that this relationship was a scam for the show.  Though I do think Patrick really does like Miriam romantically.  But her, not so much.  There is something "off" about him.  Maybe he really is play acting and that is what is setting off my meter.  I don't even know why they're back.

Courtney and Antonio -- I want to send her a DVD of that movie, "He's Just Not That Into You."  I guess some people will do anything for their 15 minutes of fame.  But she is always coming off like this desperate, clingy, whining person.  She looks like such a fool over this guy, every time she is on tv.

Elizabeth and Andrei -- Congrats, Elizabeth!  You married a guy just as chauvinistic as your father.  They are a hard couple for me to watch.  I dislike all of them, lol.  The couple.  Her family.  They all come off as vapid and stuck in 1950's attitudes about gender roles.  In this particular episode, Elizabeth and her dad were giving Andrei a hard time about not working and bringing in money.  Except he can't legally work yet.  Sooooo, wtf did they think was going to happen, smh?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    Was Part 2 of the tell all on? We switched to streaming TV and the DVR is dumb and records weird and it is impossible to figure out what is new. So confused If theres a new one 

Yes, the Tell All -- Part 2 was on this last Sunday (7/29).  I think the special show about Nicole and Azan was on right after it.

Spoiler:

Melanie and Devar that we were talking about earlier in the thread, did have a baby.  One of the couples from way, way back in the very first season had a baby.  I forget their names, hers is something like Kiriam.  She was from Brazil and they met when he was doing missionary work down there.

Patrick and Miriam -- She was the French woman who had a b/f.  It's actually common knowledge online that this relationship was a scam for the show.  Though I do think Patrick really does like Miriam romantically.  But her, not so much.  There is something "off" about him.  Maybe he really is play acting and that is what is setting off my meter.  I don't even know why they're back.

Courtney and Antonio -- I want to send her a DVD of that movie, "He's Just Not That Into You."  I guess some people will do anything for their 15 minutes of fame.  But she is always coming off like this desperate, clingy, whining person.  She looks like such a fool over this guy, every time she is on tv.

Elizabeth and Andrei -- Congrats, Elizabeth!  You married a guy just as chauvinistic as your father.  They are a hard couple for me to watch.  I dislike all of them, lol.  The couple.  Her family.  They all come off as vapid and stuck in 1950's attitudes about gender roles.  In this particular episode, Elizabeth and her dad were giving Andrei a hard time about not working and bringing in money.  Except he can't legally work yet.  Sooooo, wtf did they think was going to happen, smh?

I remember them!! She was like, so pretty you'd stop to stare at her. Just gorgeous. They were both pretty religious and I think she lived with his mom during the 90 days? She did a little modeling and he did NOT like it. I'm glad they're still together and have a baby!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • kvruns said:

Spoiler:

I remember them!! She was like, so pretty you'd stop to stare at her. Just gorgeous. They were both pretty religious and I think she lived with his mom during the 90 days? She did a little modeling and he did NOT like it. I'm glad they're still together and have a baby!

Yes!  That is them.  They've been on one other "Where are They Now" episode.  In the previous episode with them, they threw a BBQ and announced their pregnancy.   It doesn't sound like she ever got into modeling.  TBH, I highly doubt she could have anyway.  For all of her beauty, she was on the shorter side (under 5'4").  And that doesn't seem to fly in the modeling industry.

At any rate, they look really happy together and still very much in love.  They are so sweet with each other.  She seems well adjusted to living in the U.S. now.  It's their first baby.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, I kind of assumed the modeling thing was part of the show, she didn't seem all that into it either. 

I apparently care more about these people than I thought I did but this makes me really happy, LOL! She was so sweet and missed her family so much; I'm glad they're happy together. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Yeah, I kind of assumed the modeling thing was part of the show, she didn't seem all that into it either. 

I apparently care more about these people than I thought I did but this makes me really happy, LOL! She was so sweet and missed her family so much; I'm glad they're happy together. 

Kirlyam and Alan.  I went and looked it up, lol.  They had some of the baby's first newborn photo shoot during the episode.  His parents came over toward the end for some shots with them, the couple, and the baby.  Then Alan has everyone hold on for a sec because he has a "surprise".  He comes out with pics of her parent's faces on sticks, lol.  And they take some photos with her parent's faces in them.  A little bit dorky, but really sweet.  He said something like he knows how much she is especially missing her parents right now and wanted to do the little bit he could to help.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I really hope Nicole has seen through Azan's lies. A makeup store. Really? 

I tried to find more of the "scoop" online.  Because I am way too involved in these strangers lives, lol.

I found a recent, online interview with Nicole's father.  He said Nicole and Azan are still in touch and communicating.  That Nicole is planning another trip to Morocco in a few months.  The "makeup store" has still not opened.  He didn't come right out and say it, but he didn't seem to think it exists at all either.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:

Spoiler:

Yes!  That is them.  They've been on one other "Where are They Now" episode.  In the previous episode with them, they threw a BBQ and announced their pregnancy.   It doesn't sound like she ever got into modeling.  TBH, I highly doubt she could have anyway.  For all of her beauty, she was on the shorter side (under 5'4").  And that doesn't seem to fly in the modeling industry.

At any rate, they look really happy together and still very much in love.  They are so sweet with each other.  She seems well adjusted to living in the U.S. now.  It's their first baby.

I'm also very happy that they had a Harry Potter themed baby shower TBH. 

She's gorgeous!
    DH and I joke about it all the time. How can she NOT see it? He's also a little too touchy with May for my liking.  
  • New season!  Before the 90 Days.  ((Spoiler))

New relationships and a couple old favorites.

The Oldies:

• Jesse and Darcy -- I initially liked that guy.  But he turned out to be such a bully!  I think he gets pleasure out of emotionally abusing Darcy.  Though I'm not a fan of hers either.  I think they're both people who enjoy being in a "drama-filled" relationship.  I'm also calling "shenanigans" on their scene and think it was faked.  He's acting all excited to be in NYC and "look at this, look at that".  Implying he's never been there before.  He was there for the Tell All last season, smh.  And he asks Darcy "where they are".  She tells him "she doesn't know, she thinks they're in Brooklyn".  The driver corrects her that they are in Queens.  Which starts a snarky fight.  Puh-leez!  I've been to NYC exactly twice in my life.  I know where Queens vs. Brooklyn is.  Darcy freakin' lives in Conn!!!  And works in fashion.  She's probably been to NYC 100+ times.  Fake fight!
    • Karine and Paul -- Yes!  It's like a gift from 90-Days, lol.  It's like deja vu from last time.  More creepiness with his mom.  More crazy amounts of storage containers.

The Newbies:

This was a lot of just "setting up the scenarios".  Only from the Americans' view points.  It's too soon to remember anyone's names, so I'm going to refer to them by where they are from

• Albequerque, NM mom and England's version of Grizzly Adams (GA) -- Girl, I realize you wish GA was your baby's father, but he's not.  So dial it way back on calling him "daddy" until...oh, I don't know...you've actually met him in person.  And mailing him a piece of the umbilical cord!?!  You're getting into "Paul's mom giving him a clump of her hair" creepiness now.  I realize things are very new.  But the fact that he couldn't even get a vacation visa for the U.S. does not bode well for your all's potential K-1 future.
    • Columbus, OH guy and Columbian woman -- If I'm understanding this right, he basically booked a flight to see "her" without discussing it with "her" first.  And now "she" is being distant and cagey, ever since he told "her" about the flight.  And he sends her money EVERY week!  Wow!  The show is really setting it up to be a catfish, but I know they like to trick us, lol.
    • Georgia woman and Nigerian guy -- Although I don't live in Georgia, I do currently live in the South.  It's always disturbing when tv trots out the ignorant, Southern hill-billy stereotype.  And goodness does she and her one friend just line right up with that.  The "confusion" on Africa vs. Nigeria.  Are they the same thing?  How are the different/relate to each other?  Oh, FFS!  Perhaps a 30-second Google search about the country you are about to fly to where the "love of your life" is from would be warranted.  Basic geography is your friend.
    • Georgia woman, I know you're friend was concerned about the food they'll have in Nigeria.  Since you don't like possum.  But you'll be happy to hear that possums are a marsupial native to North America.  While I can't promise you that you'll like Nigerian food, I can guarantee you that possum will not be on any menus, smh.  FFS...again. 
    I feel like there are must be a few romances I am forgetting.  But that's all I've got for now, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The Oldies:

• Jesse and Darcy - I don't care for either of them. They are like the Russ and Paola of this season. Honestly, I think they are in it for the publicity. She's in fashion and he's a model. However, I think she is super insecure and that annoys me. Why would you ask him if he likes your makeup and you know he does not like makeup?? I agree - it seems a little staged with those two
    • Karine and Paul - I'm so excited for these two. I know there are going to be so many epic meltdowns. I can't wait. At least his mom did not give him some of her hair this time around. 

The Newbies:

• New Mexico - This really bugs me when people have their kids call strangers dad or mom. I don't know why, but it really gets under my skin. He seems nice enough, we'll see how their story plays out. 
    • Columbus, OH guy, and Columbian woman - If this is not a catfish, this is a scam. I'm sorry - but if you have only video-chatted the one time and you said it was on a continuous loop and it was weird - something is up. I hope for the sake of his daughters he makes the right decisions. 
    • Georgia woman and Nigerian guy -- I wanted to like her, but she grates my nerves. She doesn't know where Nigeria is, she can't really describe anything about the man she's going to see, and she brings him Trump stuff. I'm not disparaging anyone based on their political beliefs, but why would you bring a man items from a president that said Africa and Haiti are AIDS infested and shithole countries. I think they picked the most obvious steriotype of someone from Georgia. I hope he's not scamming her. 

• Oh man I need to check out the new Before the 90 Days. I swear our new Playstation Vue streaming service makes it so difficult to figure out what new stuff has recorded/what is actually new. 

• I'm watching the newest Before the 90 days. Jesse is such a dick. I just hate him
  • So I haven't watched this show in forever (since season 1) but I found out that someone who attends where I work is going to be on this newest season and I might have to tune in. 
  • @kvruns - He's the WORST. I think he's so arrogant - and the crazy part is he's only 26!! Imagine how he'll be down the line. He's terrible. Darcy is insecure, yes, but he's so demeaning. 
  • @kvruns - He's the WORST. I think he's so arrogant - and the crazy part is he's only 26!! Imagine how he'll be down the line. He's terrible. Darcy is insecure, yes, but he's so demeaning. 
    One of the things I find most grating about him is he talks about wanting to "work on" and "improve" their relationship, but that's always followed by a comment implying that all the problems are her fault.  And she needs to work on X,Y,Z.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    One of the things I find most grating about him is he talks about wanting to "work on" and "improve" their relationship, but that's always followed by a comment implying that all the problems are her fault.  And she needs to work on X,Y,Z.
    This. I understand that he may not care for makeup or the fact that she has a glass of wine every evening, but newsflash - she's not living her life to please him. The way his dad treated her it should not be a surprise how much of a jerk he is. It's good to see that she's standing up for herself, sometimes. 
    agreed! And it is sad because while on one hand she seems like a strong, in your face kind of woman but when it comes to him she ultimately bows down to him and his controlling ways. 

and his hair looked super greasy in the restaurant scene
  • Agree that Jesse is a jerk. I don't know what Darcy sees in him. 

She does look better now than last season though. She definitely seems to have toned down the makeup and maybe some work on her face. But she shouldn't be doing that for him! Just live your life the way you want to, girl! Also fuck off forever if you're going to get mad over having a glass of wine w/ my friends. 
  • I feel bad for Darcey.  Her crazy is based on obvious insecurities she has about their relationship.  But Jessie is just abusive and crazy.  He is constantly belittling her and it's just unacceptable.  He wants to revisit all of her mistakes over and over again but refuses to acknowledge the mistakes he has made, like calling her a b*tch.

The new season looks good!

I am so excited for the return of Paaaauuuul and Karine.  I feel so bad for her this season.  He is seriously making her take another pregnancy test??  He is such a stooge.

NM Woman and Tiny Footballer look like they are going to be fun to watch.  H and I legit got the heebies watching them on the karaoke app.  H said, "welp, 90 Day Fiance, just when I thought you couldn't get any more ridiculous."

There are two guys obviously getting catfished - the guy in Columbia and the guy headed to the Philippines.  Have these guys never watched an episode of Catfish?  Do they really think these women are shy or don't have access to video chat?  Gahhh I can't wait to see these two stories to play out.  

The woman from Georgia....sigh.  What can I say?  They needed to replace Danielle somehow I guess.

• Paul and Karine, I REALLY wanted her to read him the riot act when he asked her to take a pregnancy test.  She said she was mad, but barely seemed it.  The other thing that really irked me with that guy from the last season.  He wrote out his proposal in the sand, inside a heart made from chains.  Chains.  Hmmm, perhaps that's a sign.  But I digress, lol.  Except he wrote the proposal in ENGLISH.  WTF, you selfish, POS jerk.  She speaks Portuguese, you dumbass.  Really?!?  You couldn't do a 30-second Google search to figure out how to write, "Will you marry me?", in Portuguese.  I found that very telling of how self-absorbed he is and how little he cares about who she is.  And then I was LMAO when she was looking at the display with a puzzled face.  Because she had no idea what it said, smh.

NM woman and British guy -- What's with him not meeting her at the airport?  I wanted more details on that.  That's a s**t move.  I also think she was crazy to go to England without a "back up" plan.  Like money for a hotel and/or to change her flight.  JIC, things didn't work out with them.  If things do work out with them, I hope she's ready to move herself and her baby into his mom's house in England, lol.  Because...ummm...looks like that would be the only choice, due to his criminal record.

Catfish Guys -- Their obsession with these women is so hard to understand.  Even if they are the women they say they are, which is a giant IF...guys, news flash, they just aren't that into you.  The Filipino girl won't even talk to him on the phone because she is "too shy".  Yet, he actually thinks she is going to meet some stranger at the airport.  Okay.  Though obviously I think the phone thing is "she" doesn't want him to hear how manly "her" voice is, lol.  I want to feel bad for the guy who went to Columbia.  But what did he expect?  It sounded like he planned this trip without even getting the okay that "she" wanted him to show up.

Georgia woman -- It seems crazy to me that she would buy a plane ticket before she had her visa and passport, back safely in her hands.  But, whatever.  She needs to be super wary of this guy.  All he talked about was how much he loved the U.S.  And how he wants to move there and open a business.  Red flags!  She seems to be just a means to an end.  Sooo weeiirrd how much he idolized Trump.  Dude.  You realize that you're the kind of immigrant that Trump is very actively trying to keep out of the country, right?    

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy - that reminds me - Paul said he had been away from Karine for 4 months.  Not to be a jerk, but why hasn't he learned any Portuguese?  Dude needs to get the rosetta stone....

Re: Tiny Footballer, why the heck was he vomiting?  Was he suuuper hungover so he couldn't get to the airport and was just throwing up on the side of the road?  So strange.

• Ro041 said:
    @short+sassy - that reminds me - Paul said he had been away from Karine for 4 months.  Not to be a jerk, but why hasn't he learned any Portuguese?  Dude needs to get the rosetta stone....

Re: Tiny Footballer, why the heck was he vomiting?  Was he suuuper hungover so he couldn't get to the airport and was just throwing up on the side of the road?  So strange.

Good point!  Especially since he is going to be living there for 3 months.  I wouldn't expect him to be fluent in a few months.  But at least get a good base.

And what does he do for a living that he seems to be able to take off whenever he pleases?  I know he's mentioned he's in "computers".  I'd have to guess it is a WFH job.

The vomiting was super weird!  What was that about?  And why didn't they leave that part of the scene on the cutting room floor?  It was gross and totally unnecessary.  I hadn't thought about him being hungover.  But that is a key question.  Because if I just spent 15+ hours on a plane to visit my overseas b/f.  And he was too hungover to meet me at the airport?  Oh HELL no!  That is serious DTMFA time.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The fact that Pauuuuul and Karinne can still only communicate with a phone is ridiculous. Both of them should be working to learn the other language. 

NM and footballer. IDK I want to like them, but the scene of him seeming angry about the baby crying (in a teaser for the next episode) + his criminal record for fighting is not a good combo to me. She also mentioned he had been sending money for daycare which was crazy to me. 
  • SPOILER - like real spoiler I accidentally just read about NM and the Fiesty Footballer

• @kvruns very interesting info...I am also impressed by your link-hiding-abilities.  Ha!

• kvruns said:
    SPOILER - like real spoiler I accidentally just read about NM and the Fiesty Footballer

Yaaassss!  There are all kinds of 90-Day Fiance stealthy pieces of info on that page ;).

Including a scathing rant against Rachel (of Rachel and Tiny-Footballer) from baby Lucy's grandmother.  On the bio-dad's side.

And a pic of Paul, David (of David and Annie), and David's friend Chris hanging out.  I forgot that both Paul and David live in Louisville, KY. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I read a few other spoilers but didn't even notice the pictures/articles below - off to read
  • kvruns said:
    SPOILER - like real spoiler I accidentally just read about NM and the Fiesty Footballer

Yaaassss!  There are all kinds of 90-Day Fiance stealthy pieces of info on that page ;).

Including a scathing rant against Rachel (of Rachel and Tiny-Footballer) from baby Lucy's grandmother.  On the bio-dad's side.

And a pic of Paul, David (of David and Annie), and David's friend Chris hanging out.  I forgot that both Paul and David live in Louisville, KY. 

I thought Chris wasn't allowed to hang out with David anymore. 
  • kvruns said:

I thought Chris wasn't allowed to hang out with David anymore. 
    I think it is that he is not allowed to give David money anymore.  I don't remember anything that they couldn't hang out, but it's possible.  Either way, I'm sure Chris's wife (Nicole, I think?) would be pleased as punch if they didn't, lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker