Wedding Woes

90-Day Fiance discussions

Re: 90-Day Fiance discussions

• S+S there was no Tarik/Hazel this week, instead it was the new girl Marta.
  • kvruns said:
    S+S there was no Tarik/Hazel this week, instead it was the new girl Marta.

Thanks for the "no Tarik/Hazel" confirmation, lol.  I forgot all about Marta!  I'll blame that on the short "air time" about her, since it was just her story's intro, lol.

My eyebrows shot up a foot high, when I heard her love interest is from Algiers, smh.  Algiers and Tunisia (hello Mohammad) are notorious for marriage scams. 

He thinks the job she loves is sinful and wrong.  He wants her to change her religion, that she also seems satisfied with and believes in.  But I'm sure things will work out just fine for them//s.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jesse and Darcy -- Once she called it quits, he suddenly became Mr. Nice and Romantic.  Or at least tried.  Then the commercial for the upcoming episode is he is planning another trip out to the U.S...just to break up with her.  All righty then.  Yes, a break-up should be done in person when people live within driving distance of each other.  But flying across an ocean to break up with someone.  So bizarre.  Either way, their story needs to stop taking up valuable space on 90DF, lol.

Angela and Michael -- So, the "big reveal" was another woman gave Michael a bj, early in their online relationship.  But then she was getting mad all over again because the circumstances were slightly different than what he had originally told her.  Angela, seriously, you are way too insecure and jealous for an LDR.  Just stop it and go home.  It also drives me nuts when she demands to see his phone.  As if that's normal.

Tarik and Hazel -- Hmmm, did they even have any scenes this week?  Or was it just so boring and uneventful, it didn't register in my memory, lol.

Paul and Karine -- @kvruns, yes, he is wearing a bullet proof vest, smh.  OMG he is such a weirdo.  I'm actually really confused where they are living.  I was positive, at the beginning of the season, he had rented an apartment for them in a bigger city.  But this last episode seemed like they were living all around her family, who are up the Amazon in a remote town.  I don't blame him for being mad Karine's brother ate up most of the groceries, but it sounded like Paul flew too much off the handle about it.  I also thought it was hilarious that their friend/local interpreter was repeating things differently than what the show's translation was.  It was more like he was summarizing and mellowing what the mom said, instead of translating it verbatim.

Rachel and Jon -- Rachel is sure casting a lot of stones at Jon's sexual history.  It's his history, what difference does it make that he (gasp) had casual sex with married women.  She knew he had a lot of casual sex...as has she, btw...so he probably wouldn't have cared much about his partners' marital statuses.  And the "Will we EVER be able to live together or FOREVER have to live apart" histrionics at the end was super eye rolling.  Pretending I don't know they are already married, lol...of course they will someday live together, it may just not be as fast as they would like.

Ricky and Ximena -- SMH.  He's on the wrong reality show.  He should be on Married at First Sight, instead.  Ricky has got to realize how completely ridiculous he looks.

(Gasp!!!)  I just had the best idea.  They should do a special, collaborative episode where 90DF joins with Married at First Sight.  It could be the "international" edition, lol.

Jessie + Darcy - boy oh boy. The way he was crying about leaving the girls, the way she kept saying "new beginnings", they way they were crying when he was leaving, the way she jumped into his arms when they were at the airport...it's all crazy. They just need to call it quits.

Angela + Michael - I mean - it's really messed up he got fellatio, but she does not reserve the right to put her hands on him. They also need to call it quits. 

Paul + Karine - what was with the scuba/bulletproof vest? Does anyone else think the arguing is more for television? We never really see their arguments start - they just appear. Side note: I think it is rude for Paul to hold $$ over Karine's head. It's obvious that he's better off - it's unnecessary to do so. 

Rachel + Jon - *eyeroll* next 

Ricky + Ximena - He irks my soul! He finally came clean but framed it in a way that was the worst. "Do you know how hard it was for me to be honest" I liked that Ximena's reaction...I'm glad she's no ones second choice. We will see how she reacts next week! 
  • I did some digging last night for the current status of the Paul/Karine and Darcy/Jesse relationships.

I'm not going to give any spoilers on those relationships.

But this was a crazy tidbit.  Darcy was arrested in Feb. this year for getting into a physical altercation with her sister!  Though I guess it's "all good" now, because they put out a music video together recently and still run that fashion company together.

Apparently Jesse has started his own coffee company.  It's called Coffee Meester(?).  It's his last name, I'm just not sure how to spell it.

Here are some spoilers for past couples:

Chantel and Pedro -- still together and lots of happy pics on their social media.  For whatever that is worth.

Nicole and Azan -- they appear to still be together.  But, no shocker here, her family is extremely upset.  He blatantly uses her for money, while flirting with other women all over social media.  She gave him all of her savings for a business that was obviously not going to exist, which was instead of them getting married.  Wow, wasn't that a win-win for him, smh.  She still continues to send him most of her money.

Paolo and Ross -- She's pregnant!  Congrats to them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Is Nicole back in FL?  Or did she stay in Morocco? 
  • NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2018

I did some digging last night for the current status of the Paul/Karine and Darcy/Jesse relationships.

But this was a crazy tidbit.  Darcy was arrested in Feb. this year for getting into a physical altercation with her sister!  Though I guess it's "all good" now, because they put out a music video together recently and still run that fashion company together.

Apparently Jesse has started his own coffee company.  It's called Coffee Meester(?).  It's his last name, I'm just not sure how to spell it.

Chantel and Pedro -- still together and lots of happy pics on their social media.  For whatever that is worth.

Nicole and Azan -- they appear to still be together.  But, no shocker here, her family is extremely upset.  He blatantly uses her for money, while flirting with other women all over social media.  She gave him all of her savings for a business that was obviously not going to exist, which was instead of them getting married.  Wow, wasn't that a win-win for him, smh.  She still continues to send him most of her money.

I got curious and peeked too. Some interesting developments!

Side note: I was thinking about Evelyn + David the other day. The singer who lived in Connecticut. I wonder why they weren’t on the show, maybe not enough drama? 
  • Yall are gonna make me go google them aren't you
  • kvruns said:
    Yall are gonna make me go google them aren't you

Okay, I'll spill it, lol.  But it is major spoilers.  Major...

Darcy and Jesse broke up in the early part of this year.  And haven't gotten back together.  They were already broken up when the Darcy/sister fight happened in Feb.

Paul and Karine -- They briefly broke up/separated because of Paul's jealousy over an online guy friend that Karine had.  Who turned out to be openly gay, so it was just yet more of his irrational jealousy for nothing.

But the big news on them...

Karine is pregnant!  Pics with a belly bump and everything.  She also appears to be living in the U.S. now, but that has not been confirmed. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2018

I did some digging last night for the current status of the Paul/Karine and Darcy/Jesse relationships.

Side note: I was thinking about Evelyn + David the other day. The singer who lived in Connecticut. I wonder why they weren’t on the show, maybe not enough drama? 

The scuttlebutt online is they have refused to have anything more to do with 90DF.

I really, really disliked her.  Probably unfair of me to have such strong feelings against her.  A lot of it is she is just too young and inexperienced to know any better.  But her utter selfishness and refusal to connect with reality, really irritated me.  My gripes with her:

• MY wedding.  MY vision.  All my friends and guests are to serve me and do what I want, no matter the cost and inconvenience to them.  That includes my FI.  I don't give a s**t what he wants either.
    • Edited to add:  "Because I've been dreaming of this day my WHOLE LIFE."  That's right.  My WHOLE LIFE.  As in, my entire childhood and the few months I've been legally an adult.
    • I want to be a singer, but never leave my tiny NH town.  I don't care that my new H hates it here and neither one of us will ever be able to find a real job here because...
    • Job?  What's a job?
    • God and Love, aka my parents, will somehow magically provide for everything we need.  She probably still believes in Santa Claus too, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    Is Nicole back in FL?  Or did she stay in Morocco? 
    Just like the U.S. and many other countries, they had to get married within a certain timeframe in Morocco or she had to leave.  Since they didn't get married, she had to leave and did go back.  As far as I can tell, she's still in FL.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did some digging last night for the current status of the Paul/Karine and Darcy/Jesse relationships.

The scuttlebutt online is they have refused to have anything more to do with 90DF.

I really, really disliked her.  Probably unfair of me to have such strong feelings against her.  A lot of it is she is just too young and inexperienced to know any better.  But her utter selfishness and refusal to connect with reality, really irritated me.  My gripes with her:

• MY wedding.  MY vision.  All my friends and guests are to serve me and do what I want, no matter the cost and inconvenience to them.  That includes my FI.  I don't give a s**t what he wants either.
    • Edited to add:  "Because I've been dreaming of this day my WHOLE LIFE."  That's right.  My WHOLE LIFE.  As in, my entire childhood and the few months I've been legally an adult.
    • I want to be a singer, but never leave my tiny NH town.  I don't care that my new H hates it here and neither one of us will ever be able to find a real job here because...
    • Job?  What's a job?
    • God and Love, aka my parents, will somehow magically provide for everything we need.  She probably still believes in Santa Claus too, lol.
    Yessssss I agree with all of this. She was absolutely terrible. 
  • I knew the Karinne spoiler already but interesting on Darcy/Jesse and I'm glad to read it. 

The Evelyn David thing was weird. I had high hopes for them because they seemed like regular people and weren't meeting on an international dating app and lying to each other. But she was naive with the world yet thought she knew it all - she acted every bit of her age. 

• Job?  What's a job?
    New Hampshire! Thank you. 

I agree with you about all of these things too. She was extremely selfish and the poor guy was sort of stuck there. I remember her saying “you’re in America now” 

tbh that’s nothing to brag about at the moment lol 

• Job?  What's a job?
    New Hampshire! Thank you. 

I agree with you about all of these things too. She was extremely selfish and the poor guy was sort of stuck there. I remember her saying “you’re in America now” 

They were another couple that had to do a lot of back "scrubbing" of their social media, once they were slated to be on the show.

There is a major age difference between them, over 10 years.  But their online romance and flirting started when she was just 14 or 15 and he was WELL into his 20s.  Needless to say, because it's disgusting and predatory, there was a lot of trying to cover that up.  Even on the show, there was definitely avoidance and "haziness" as to the timeline of their relationship.  Whereas, usually couples talk a good bit about that. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • New Hampshire! Thank you. 

And that was what killed me too!  I'm positive it was mentioned that her little hometown was about 2 hours away from Boston.  Other than it being a HCOL city, Boston would be the PERFECT compromise!  No, not close enough to hang out with the fams every day.  But close enough to visit often.

It's the big city he would like with all kinds of job opportunities.  It's also a college town with all kinds of bars that I'd bet would welcome some pretty, little young thang to sing in.  But no.  No Boston for her either.

Speaking of Boston.  Wasn't it so sweet how they got married in her hometown church?  Just down the main road in her quiet NH town?  At least that was the impression given, by the show.  Total bulls**t.  Thanks Internet sleuths, lol!  Public records show they actually got married in Boston.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

And that was what killed me too!  I'm positive it was mentioned that her little hometown was about 2 hours away from Boston.  Other than it being a HCOL city, Boston would be the PERFECT compromise!  No, not close enough to hang out with the fams every day.  But close enough to visit often.

It's the big city he would like with all kinds of job opportunities.  It's also a college town with all kinds of bars that I'd bet would welcome some pretty, little young thang to sing in.  But no.  No Boston for her either.

Speaking of Boston.  Wasn't it so sweet how they got married in her hometown church?  Just down the main road in her quiet NH town?  At least that was the impression given, by the show.  Total bulls**t.  Thanks Internet sleuths, lol!  Public records show they actually got married in Boston.

Aaaah. That’s why the made a big deal about him losing his keys. Because they weren’t as close as they appeared. 

Man - TLC isn’t doing itself justice by defrauding their viewers. That’s disappointing! 

Oh shit, that's crazy! 
  • I have not gotten through the entire episode yet - but I'll just say Jessie is the worst and seems to want to inflict as much pain as possible on Darcey. 
    edited September 2018

Jessie and Darcey -- Argh!!!  That guy!!!  He is such a MIND-F**K!  Way back in their first season, he gets on one knee and gives Darcey a ring.  As if he is proposing.  Except he doesn't.  He won't even call it a promise ring.  I forget what he calls it.  An appreciation ring or something stupid like that.  THEN, he decides he is going to break up with Darcey.  So he flies all the way back to the U.S. to tell her that.  Except, OF COURSE, she is all happy and excited he is coming.  Understandably, thinks he is showing even more seriousness about their relationship that he is coming back so soon.  It is abject cruelty for no reason!  I don't even know this guy IRL and I hate him, lol.

Angela and Michael -- Michael was about to lose his fish and started reeling back on that line HARD.  I didn't think it was going to work.  I thought Angela had finally taken the blinders off.  But nope.  She forgave him, smh.

Ricky and Ximena -- As compared to Angela, this time Ricky is the one on the begging for forgiveness side.  Ximena eventually does, but makes a comment to the cameras that was something like she'll need to proceed a little more cautiously because she "didn't know him as well as she thought she did".  What?!?!  You didn't know him that well after 1-2 months of casually conversing and spending 1 week together?  You don't say, lmao.

Tarik and Hazel -- I think one of my favorite moments in the whole show was when Hazel said, with no smile and a complete monotone, "I have never been so happy."  Tarik, buddy, she's just not that into you.  He flies halfway around the world to meet her.  Takes her to a romantic, beach getaway.  And she'll barely give him a quick, chaste kiss.

Paul and Karine -- Pregnancy reveal.  Karine wanted a baby.  Now she's not sure, because she might want to divorce Paul.  In general, not just Paul and Karine, it would be super awesome if people wouldn't make life changing decisions until they are sure of them.  Especially when that includes bringing another life into the world.

Rachel and Jon -- Rachel and her immigration attorney Skype'd with Jon. Because of his criminal record, it is going to be at least 3 years and huge sums of money before he can come over on a spousal visa.  Rachel crying and whining, "Why are they keeping two people in love apart and from starting their lives for so long?"  Girl!  Are you serious?  Ummm...because immigration doesn't want to import violent criminals, smh.  We have enough homegrown ones, as it is.  Not necessarily referring to Jon per se, but there SHOULD be especially high barriers for entry into the U.S. for people with a criminal past.  And I also like how she quickly glosses over the fact that she could EASILY immigrate to the U.K.  She just choses not to because of the shared custody with her oldest daughter.  Absolutely!  That is the wise, responsible choice that  I applaud her for.  But that is still her own barrier.  Not "the whole world keeping us apart!!!".  My words, not hers.  But definitely the attitude!

Marta and Algerian guy -- WTF is this?  They need translator app tips from Paul and Karine.  I don't even understand how they've been communicating with each other.  They were holding up tablets with whatever they were saying translated, while Skping?!?!  It was incredibly clunky and weird.  I realize we only got a brief glimpse, but he seems like an intolerant ass who has an anger problem.  Marta, seriously, what do you even see in this guy?  He doesn't even seem that interested in you.  Move on, already, smh.  Stop wasting your time and money.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Okay – finally finished. What a shit show.

Jessie + Darcey – Jessie is the worst.  I honestly think he enjoys seeing her in pain. Why would you come all the way to NYC? His friend was right – you can skype, email, hell – even send a carrier pigeon. I do not get the logic behind flying all the way there to break her heart. I feel bad for Darcey, but it’s time to move on. We’ll see if that happens next week.

Angela + Michael – I thought she was going to be wise and leave. I guess not. He does not want his ticket to America to get away that easy. It’s obvious to me – and everyone else he’s using her. Her family and friends have a right to be skeptical.

Ricky + Ximena – he is sleazy and a liar. He never told her the entire story. He failed to tell her he was going to propose to Melissa. He failed to tell her that he was in Columbia for DAYS before he reached out to her. I do not like him one bit. In addition – he was making it appear that he did this amazing thing by telling her and explain how hard it was for him to do so. Um…try not to lie and you will not have to explain yourself.

Tarik + Hazel – I think she cares about him…maybe. She has no emotion in general so maybe that is why it is not translating to the show. She’s so cold to him – it looks so sad. He took her to that beautiful place and she really acts like she does not like him touching her. He’s got to feel the coldness.   

Paul + Karine – Pregnant. Yeessh. I do not make it a habit of telling people when to have a baby, but for them, I do not think it was not the right time. They are really struggling in the early stages of marriage and bringing a baby into it may not be the smartest thing. You are right about people making life-changing decisions without being sure. They already have a language barrier, so how are they going to parent? Can she travel back to the states with him when she is pregnant? Can she get Zika?

Rachel + Jon – I skip them for the most part. They annoy me. However, the dress shopping was irritating...and they are already freaking married.  

Marta + Daya – again with the translator app. Somehow I think the catholic exotic dancer and the Muslim traditionalist may not work out. Also, it’s weird they bought in a new couple so far into the season, right? 

• I'm only halfway through Sunday's episode. I totally agree on Marta and Daya. Holding up the tablets? Are you kidding me? Is this how they've been communicating? 
  • Oh!  I also meant to add about Rachel's wedding dress shopping.  What was up with her wearing a black tank top while she tried on gowns?  Nobody does that, lol.  But then, I guess when you're faking it for tv, you don't think of those kind of details. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh!  I also meant to add about Rachel's wedding dress shopping.  What was up with her wearing a black tank top while she tried on gowns?  Nobody does that, lol.  But then, I guess when you're faking it for tv, you don't think of those kind of details. 
    Exactly - it was just really weird and staged. She should just move to the UK! 
    Exactly - it was just really weird and staged. She should just move to the UK! 
    she has an older kid in the US and the dad has shared custody. Otherwise I think she would
    edited September 2018
    kvruns said:
    she has an older kid in the US and the dad has shared custody. Otherwise I think she would

I'm a little curious about that also.  Has she even explored different custody arrangements with the dad of the older daughter?  Like, maybe she could have the child with her in England during the summer and the dad could have her the rest of the year.  Though I could see that being tough and something neither parent would want.  But sometimes people need to think outside the box.

In the last episode, she said something about the dad not letting her bring their daughter to England for the wedding.  Which sounds really petty, so I suspect he isn't the most reasonable and amiable kind of guy.

I'm stealing this line from Judge Judy because I think it's so wise: People should love their children more than they hate each other.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes it seems super odd not being able to go on vacation unless he’s afraid she will never bring her back. 

Why os she wearing that black bra?? And the top of the dress looked white but the bottom looked cream/off white 
  • I just wanted to punch Ricky in the mouth when he is repeatedly telling her to smile. No. 
  • kvruns said:
    I just wanted to punch Ricky in the mouth when he is repeatedly telling her to smile. No. 
    I thought he was a nice person until the lies started coming out. He's self-serving and attention starved. He's a crapweasel 
  • kvruns said:
    I just wanted to punch Ricky in the mouth when he is repeatedly telling her to smile. No. 
    I thought he was a nice person until the lies started coming out. He's self-serving and attention starved. He's a crapweasel 

I don't necessarily think he is a bad guy.  Though my opinion of him has definitely soured as the show has gone on.  At first, I just thought he was a bit pathetic.  But had sympathy that he was looking for love, though becoming a little too desperate.  I felt a little bad for him.

However, now I see he has the mentality of a child when it comes to romance.  He loves Little Susie on Monday and is pulling her pigtails.  But by Wed., Little Susie is over and now he loves Little Jackie and is trying to kiss her behind the slide.  My sympathy is gone and I find him really pathetic and eye rolling. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:

I don't necessarily think he is a bad guy.  Though my opinion of him has definitely soured as the show has gone on.  At first, I just thought he was a bit pathetic.  But had sympathy that he was looking for love, though becoming a little too desperate.  I felt a little bad for him.

However, now I see he has the mentality of a child when it comes to romance.  He loves Little Susie on Monday and is pulling her pigtails.  But by Wed., Little Susie is over and now he loves Little Jackie and is trying to kiss her behind the slide.  My sympathy is gone and I find him really pathetic and eye rolling. 

Was it you who said he should be cast on Married at First Sight? So accurate.