Wedding Woes

90 Day Fiance

CharmedPamCharmedPam member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited December 2020 in Wedding Woes
I can’t find the old thread, but new season anyway, so it’s time for a new one anyway.

I HATE NATALIE!! I hate what she did to Beau and Mike.  Mike is a good guy.  And the minute she said “I can’t live with a stranger” to him - i woulda been done! Beau’s not a stranger. Like Mike said, he’s family. Oh, and Natalie they WERE PINK!!!

also, Brandon’s parents are weird. 

Eta: @short+sassy, loving the NOLA references?

last season was all about loser men... this
season, b*tchy women! Although I will say Jihoon was redeeming himself at the end of last season

Re: 90 Day Fiance

• I've only watched the first episode, not last night's, but Natalie and Mike seem like such a mismatch. It almost seems like they continued on just to keep their 15 min of fame going.

Is Brandon the one who lives on the farm with his parents? That seems like another weird match since he's a farm boy, homebody and she's not quite that 
  • It is a good time for a new thread!  I feel like it has been forever since they had 90DF...the original!  I'm also excited that there are THREE couples who were previously on Before the 90 Days seasons.

Mike and Natalie -- I a little bit disagree with you, @CharmedPam.  I kind of like Natalie.  Though she does seem like a handful and high maintenance.  I think they are a good match in a lot of ways.  But there are some pretty big ways they are not.  Like she is a vegan and wants him to be one?  Ummm...you realize he is a farmer, right?  And lives in a farming community?  And their whole religious differences.  I agree that was messed up what she did to Uncle Beau.  Though, in the Before the 90 days, he was living in the barn.  There were some kind of 90DF shenanigans going on with that.  I'm just not sure which way they went.  Did they purposefully "up" his "redneckedness" in the previous season by making it look like he lived in the barn, when really he was living in the house.  Or are they trying to make drama now by making it look like he lived in the house, but he's really been living in the barn the whole time.  I suspect he's always been living in the house, because that is what makes logical sense.

Rebecca and Zied -- Not much happening with them yet.  I only found them mildly interesting before.  But it's fun they've already been on a B-90 season.  I'll be curious to see what unfolds now that Zied will be coming to the US (I assume).

VA guy (Tarek? Tarzel?) and the Filipino woman -- blanking on their names.  Dean's brother.  Because, funny enough, I remember the brother's name from when they were on Pillow Talk.  Also not a couple I found that interesting the first time around.  But also curious to see what unfolds, now that she is coming to the US.  

Brandon and Julia -- I was lmao at Mr. Innocent and Inexperienced, who was convinced of his "love at first sight" for Julia after a few minutes of watching one of her go-go dance videos.  Oh. Honey.  I'm sorry your creepy parents have kept you so repressed that you are in your late 20s and still don't understand the difference between lust and love.  I like Julia, though.  She's spunky and outspoken.  She will need to be.  There should be a crossover with the show "I Love a Mama's Boy", lmao.

Jovi and Yara -- Yes, @CharmedPam, I am ridic. excited they are in NOLA!!!!  It does give extra insight, which makes it even more fun for me.  ((Psssttt...she arrived during Mardi Gras season)).  I hope it was just the editing, but she seems like a whiny B who is already unhappy with every.single.thing.  But he sucks too.  They both seem too hard-headed and it's "their way or the highway".  I don't think they are necessarily bad people, but they seem like an awful match together.

Jovi was a total jerk to expect her to pop right up and go hit Bourbon St after a 30-hour flight.  WTH, dude?  And he was all whining about his plans for her "first night in NOLA" being ruined.  Okay.  Just make those the plans for her SECOND night in NOLA.  NBD.  You're a whiny B too, Jovi.

NOLA insight.  He's staying in a high rise apartment, probably in he Downtown area.  Because that is about the only place that has high rise apartments.  Spendy, spendy, spendy...despite it being a small, one-bedroom apartment.  I'm curious what their discussions were.  He could have rented a VERY NICE house, with high end finishings...and lots of windows, because she mentioned windows...and a LOT more space in other parts of town for the same or less rent.  However, it would have been on the first or second floor of a SFH or duplex.  Did she specifically want to be on a high floor overlooking the city?  Did she understand it would be at a great sacrifice space-wise?  Or did he just chose what he wanted, because it would be walking distance to the prime nightlife of the Downtown/French Quarter area?

More NOLA insight.  His mom lives about 90 minutes from NOLA.  Definitely do-able to drive there and come back the same day.  One of my favorite festivals, the French Food Festival, is where his mom lives.  I've done that drive because I don't stay overnight for the festival.  It's NBD.  Unless you are a whiny Jovi B.  Dude, again.  Take a chill pill and be a little more understanding with this woman who just moved halfway around the world for you.  She doesn't mind meeting your mom.  On Day Three, mind you.  She just doesn't want to spend the night at your mom's house.  Because it will literally be her third night in a foreign country.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    edited January 2021
    I joined the 90DF sub-reddit and have more scoops, lol.  ((Spoilers below))

Apparently, Uncle Beau has a very disturbing violent, criminal history!  Including kidnapping someone, tying him up, and beating him so badly the person has permanent organ damage.  So perhaps not so crazy Natalie didn't want him living on the property before she moved there.  And did you all catch that Mike works in Seattle!  That's a 5-6 hour r/t drive every day! Oh, HELL no!  I know Seattle is a super HCOL area, but surely there is a better compromise between convenience and COL.  Especially with Natalie being super miserable in the small town.  And, in fact, the rumor is that they are now married and did move closer to Seattle.

Brandon's parents are becoming even worse and more off the wall.  So much online hatred for them, lol.  Especially because they seem to expect Julia to work the farm all day like an indentured servant.  I mean, Julia should help out, like any member of a household.  But that is more along the lines of doing some laundry and trading off with the parents of "Brandon and I are cooking, you all do the dishes" and vice versa.  Not getting up at 7AM very day to slop the pigs and feed the whole menagerie.

Oh and the mom being "horrified" that they wanted to get married on Mother's Day "weekend".  But the Saturday, not the Sunday.  Because that's an "important holiday" and it's her day.  Mother's Day is a DAY.  Not the whole freakin' weekend!  Them getting married the day before does not interrupt Brandon getting you a card and taking you out for brunch the next day.  She is so controlling and selfish, it just makes my skin crawl.

----------------------------------------------------

I was extra excited to watch the show last night.  Jovi left for his job for a month and Yara went out to get her nails done with one of his friends.  That nail place they went to?  It's literally in the building next door to where I work!!!!  Y'all.  I was THAT CLOSE to a 90DF film crew at some point in time.  I do see the warning signs from that last sentence, that I need to notch down my intense fandom, lol.

Here's the low down on that nail place.  It opened around Dec. 2019.  And I'd been looking forward to getting acrylics back on, now that such a convenient spot for fills had opened.  Then the city locked down for COVID in late March 2020.  Just a few months after they opened and, sure enough, they closed down.  I may not have ever been there, but I felt bad for them.  They've been long gone by now and didn't even get to enjoy the bit of publicity they got from that 90DF episode.

Though now I have a one month timeline for the Jovi/Yara story!  I could tell from the FQ decorations that she arrived sometime during the MG season.  But I wasn't sure what year (2019 or 2020) until I saw the nail place in the last episode.  That would be MG 2020 and MG day was Feb. 25th that year.  They start putting decorations up about one month ahead of time.  My guess is she would have arrived sometime in late Jan.-late Feb.  Add two weeks to that and she would have been at that nail place somewhere in mid-Feb.-mid March.  

Oh Yara!  So much suckage.  You arrived in NOLA just in time for COVID.  Now I'm curious what happened to Jovi!  Depending on when he left in that mid-Feb.-mid March timeline to come back a month later, the borders may have been shut down by then.  Borders shutting happened fast and so many people got stuck in foreign countries.  Rumor is they did get married.  But were there twists and did they have to get an extension (if that was done)?  Or was he able to get back in time to marry her within the 90 days. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sooooo I wanted to text my ex who drives 1 hr 45 minutes to and from his work (did it for me), and tell him I found someone with a longer drive than him.  But I didn’t.  

I still hate Natalie. She’s not looking for compromise.  She’s looking for change, and I’ll take Mike JUST THE WAY HE IS!!! Also, I’m sure if he had a second income come in (when she can work),  they are able to move closer to Seattle. 

I feel bad for Julia. I wouldn’t want to move to another country, have to work for my fiance’s family doing something I HATE (agree S+S, she should help out, but not like that) and then end up not seeing him up very often!  He seems spineless too.

• Sooooo I wanted to text my ex who drives 1 hr 45 minutes to and from his work (did it for me), and tell him I found someone with a longer drive than him.  But I didn’t.  

I still hate Natalie. She’s not looking for compromise.  She’s looking for change, and I’ll take Mike JUST THE WAY HE IS!!! Also, I’m sure if he had a second income come in (when she can work),  they are able to move closer to Seattle. 

I feel bad for Julia. I wouldn’t want to move to another country, have to work for my fiance’s family doing something I HATE (agree S+S, she should help out, but not like that) and then end up not seeing him up very often!  He seems spineless too.

Probably wise, lol.

Agreed!  He's a good looking, manly man!  Though I liked his personality a lot better in their previous season.  I don't know if it is creative editing...either last season or this season, lol...but he always seems so apathetic and bored now.

Oh!  I forgot to mention.  From the previous episode when Tarik took Hazel to the "community center" he wanted to get married in.  I immediately started getting "cult" vibes.  And said to myself, "Am I just being silly?  Maybe I'm just too snarky."

Then they walked into the room where the ceremony would take place and there is a GIANT 3-4' crystal.  OMG, LMAO.  Oh yeah.  Cult.

I side-eyed him in that episode.  He knows Hazel comes from a very religious family and that getting married in a church is important to her.  So, no dude, your spiritual draw to a community center doesn't trump that.  I also felt like there was such an easy compromise.  Have the ceremony in a church and the reception at his center.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh last week he was kinda rude to Natalie.  Why didn’t he clear out a spot for her clothes BEFORE she got there?  And she kissed him, he turned, rolled his eyes and wiped off her lipstick.  I may have been on ber side but that was it.

Yani and Jovi - not going to make it.  And she asked why his friend (I can’t remember her name) was saying all those things about him? Because his friend either wants him or she’s helping out another friend who does.  

Terik - that IS a cult.  Everyone knows that!!! Lol

and The older skin envy lady and Belize man (I’m really good with names) - nope! He is either cheating or just not caring and she doesn’t want either (although she was getting bitchy... I guess with reason?)

Rebecca and Zied (ha!  Remembered that one!) I really like both of them and I really think he’s genuine and for her sake, I hope he is.  But I DO get why her daughter/SIL are side eyeing this, given her past. 

• Natalie - I don't like her, she clearly just wants a ticket to the US to be near her friend and I don't understand why he didn't kick her to the curb. His drive is insane I agree!

Yara/Jovi -- supposedly they were already married prior to that because there were Christmas pictures of them from 2019 or something so the just arriving in Feb was a lie. Who knows for sure. 

How has no one talked about the creepy daycare working guy who is going to Mexico to meet his FI and she's detained and he doesn't really do anything to try to get to her.Someone at the hotel could help translate or get him to someone. He gives off such creeper vibes and she seems nice and cute. I don't get it. And it isn't like she's coming from a poor country looking for a better life. 
  • kvruns said:
    Natalie - I don't like her, she clearly just wants a ticket to the US to be near her friend and I don't understand why he didn't kick her to the curb. His drive is insane I agree!

Yara/Jovi -- supposedly they were already married prior to that because there were Christmas pictures of them from 2019 or something so the just arriving in Feb was a lie. Who knows for sure. 

How has no one talked about the creepy daycare working guy who is going to Mexico to meet his FI and she's detained and he doesn't really do anything to try to get to her.Someone at the hotel could help translate or get him to someone. He gives off such creeper vibes and she seems nice and cute. I don't get it. And it isn't like she's coming from a poor country looking for a better life. 
    I know it isn't nice to talk about how someone looks.  But, looks-wise, they are on such different stratospheres!  If I saw them out as strangers, I'd be thinking, "He must have money." Lol.  He does get a lot of flack on Reddit.

Anthony, repeat after me, "Abogado."  That means lawyer in Spanish.  Get one.  A bilingual one.  Stop calling the Mexico City airport and speaking to them in a foreign language.

According to the commercial for next week, she (Amira) was in the detention center for 2 days and was speaking from what looked like the inside of a hotel room.  So I assume she was allowed to stay?  I'd think if they were barring her entry into the country, she would have been put on a plane back to France.  Not released from the detention center.

Major Spoilers:

Amira was allowed to stay in Mexico and they quarantined for 14 days.  But then she was denied entry into the US.  It's unclear at this time if they got married.  The rumor is they are at least still together, but that is very unsure info.

Yara/Jovi -- Hmmph!!!  TLC Frauding again!  They got a marriage certificate in Las Vegas in mid-Feb. and In-Touch weekly reported they were married later in the month.  They already have a newborn.

Rebecca and Zied -- Got married in April 2020.

Mike/Natalie -- Got married March 2020.

Brandon/Julia and Tarik/Hazel-- Unclear if these couples got married, but both couples are still together and both women are living in the US.  So the assumption is that the couples are married or Julia/Hazel would have had to go back to their respective countries.

Stephanie/Ryan -- The jury is totally out on if they are even still together, much less if he came to the US.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Why Mike whyyyyyy?

i’m right here for you and slightly less bitchier. Just slightly. Sure, I don’t look like Natalie, but that can’t be everything....

• It is also interesting watching the footage when you can tell who is filming during the pandemic and who isn't (or early stages vs later). 

I just read that daycare guy could have gone to Mexico City with production but chose not to. Will be interesting to see how that all plays out. Wonder why she was denied entry? Then again I find it strange she would have had to jump through hoops being from France, I don't really believe that they had to do it right then or it would expire. You'd think that if someone had a K1 visa about to start there would have been a process for extension when people weren't allowed to travel with borders shut down. 
  • kvruns said:
    It is also interesting watching the footage when you can tell who is filming during the pandemic and who isn't (or early stages vs later). 

I just read that daycare guy could have gone to Mexico City with production but chose not to. Will be interesting to see how that all plays out. Wonder why she was denied entry? Then again I find it strange she would have had to jump through hoops being from France, I don't really believe that they had to do it right then or it would expire. You'd think that if someone had a K1 visa about to start there would have been a process for extension when people weren't allowed to travel with borders shut down. 
    Yes!  I was curious about that also.  I realize the government and their agencies aren't exactly the best with efficiency and common sense.  But you'd think they would have set up some kind of extension request for those circumstances.

I remember Jenny's visa to stay in India was going to expire during the pandemic, but they had a program for her to extend it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    It is also interesting watching the footage when you can tell who is filming during the pandemic and who isn't (or early stages vs later). 

Yes!  I was curious about that also.  I realize the government and their agencies aren't exactly the best with efficiency and common sense.  But you'd think they would have set up some kind of extension request for those circumstances.

I remember Jenny's visa to stay in India was going to expire during the pandemic, but they had a program for her to extend it.
    I don't know what this said before but the state dept website says:

Important Notice for K visa applicants affected by COVID-19

Last Updated: August 31, 2020

Effective August 28, as it becomes safe to resume more consular operations at each U.S. mission, posts are authorized to give K visa cases high priority.  Applicants should check the website of their nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate for updates on what services that post is currently able to offer. The I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) is typically valid for four months; however, consular officers may revalidate the I-129F petition in four month increments.  For most cases impacted by the suspension of routine visa services or COVID-19 travel restrictions it will not be necessary to file a new I-129F petition

I can't find any information for time periods prior to this but sounds like a 4 month extension was likely available, meaning Amira likely could have waited to come 

• I mean filters.... but good for her!

https://screenrant.com/90-day-fiance-angela-deem-instagram-weight-young/

(I did go down the 90DF rabbithole)

• I think I saw some pix of her after her weightloss and she looked nice. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2021
    I went down a 90DF  Amira/Andrew rabbit hole on reddit last night bc I'd been wondering about why her visa couldn't just be extended so she could travel later. Someone on there is on some sort of K1 type forum and saw Amira posting and trying to figure out how to get to the US. 

edit: this is an easy to read overview of what I saw on reddit https://soapdirt.com/90-day-fiance-is-amira-lollysa-to-blame-for-failed-plan/
  • So she blamed Andrew when she knew the real reason.  Wonder if the show made her do that. They don’t show much of these two, really.  I think their story line is dry. I have little empathy for them, since I’m not familiar. 

I did love Brandon’s Dad in the last ep:
    ”this farm will be yours one day, Brandon.  All yours.  That’s what you want, right?”

<silence>

Brandon, in his head: i mean... you saw how hot Julia is...?

• Yea their story seems just odd. from what I gather they're not together anymore so maybe that's why there isn't much since they didn't get footage bc she never made it. Guess we will have to wait and see. 

The Brandon/Julia/family thing is just weird. I don't hate on them like a lot do, because I feel like he's old enough to be getting out of dodge but he's chosen to stay at home and live under their rules so I fault him more than the parents. Have to wonder how he was before all of this, I think he's ok with being a mama's boy and only because of Julia is he thinking of leaving finally. 
  • kvruns said:
    Yea their story seems just odd. from what I gather they're not together anymore so maybe that's why there isn't much since they didn't get footage bc she never made it. Guess we will have to wait and see. 

The Brandon/Julia/family thing is just weird. I don't hate on them like a lot do, because I feel like he's old enough to be getting out of dodge but he's chosen to stay at home and live under their rules so I fault him more than the parents. Have to wonder how he was before all of this, I think he's ok with being a mama's boy and only because of Julia is he thinking of leaving finally. 
    Right, his parents are obnoxious and some of their attitudes and demands are ridiculous.

But the buck stops at Brandon!  This is 100% his fault and shows his extremely poor financial planning.  He is 27 years old.  Has a f/t job and lived at home his whole life.  He should practically be able to buy a house with cash by now.  I know he's said he's spent a chunk of change on traveling and the K1 costs.  But he should still have plenty of money, IF he'd been saving most of it.  Obviously he wasn't, because he can't even afford a small rental.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited January 2021
    Agreed! And i liked when Julia said “so we can swim naked and not sleep in the same bed?” And then told Brandon HE had to speak up. That wasn’t her mom! That is his mom.  And his parents may love the farm and manual labor but Julia doesn’t and I get that.  Not everyone is made out to be farmers.  She put effort in enough to realize it wasn’t for her. 

• the naked in the hot tub thing is weird, and the mom being like I've had to drain it several times bc of what Brandon does in there gave me the major ick factor. 
  • Julia is, by far, my favorite person this season.  I love how she stands up for herself, but in a reasonable and respectful way.  No shouting or being rude or argumentative.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited January 2021
    90 Day Fiance:
    The Single Life & Diaries

GUESS WHO’LL BE SUBSCRIBING TO DISCOVERY +?  This girl!! And probably the high priced commercial  free one too.

in other news:  Still hating Natalie

and are we just watching Andrew on vaca?

• 90 Day Fiance:
    The Single Life & Diaries

GUESS WHO’LL BE SUBSCRIBING TO DISCOVERY +?  This girl!! And probably the high priced commercial  free one too.

in other news:  Still hating Natalie

and are we just watching Andrew on vaca?
    I've been thinking about it!  Not just for 90DF but, for some reason, my cable company includes a lot of the Discovery channels on the "sports package" which is an extra $50/month.  So I dropped it two years ago.  Except now I don't get HGTV or the true crime ID channels anymore and those were some of my favorites.

Last night was the firs time I heard about "The Single Life".  I haven't been that impressed with their other Discovery+ 90DF shows.  But that one looks good.

We absolutely are just watching Andrew on vacation.  Other than a few panicked phone calls, he's been:  checking out the great view from his hotel balcony, eating, drinking cocktails, and getting massages.

Andrew:  "Amira!  I'm so glad to be talking to you.  I love you so much and was so worried.  In fact, I was so worried that I'm getting a massage right now.  Tomorrow I'm going snorkeling.  Wish you were heerrreee!"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What? You don’t want me to make the best of this situation?  Selfish!

• What? You don’t want me to make the best of this situation?  Selfish!
    To an extent, I don't even blame him.  It might be more expensive to go home early, so he might as well stay on a vacation if he can't get his money back.

But MAYBE don't be a complete and totally insensitive ass about it.  Like talking about all the great things you are doing after she just spent the last 5 days either constantly on a plane or in a detention center.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited January 2021
    Maybe it’s just me, but I couldn’t do a vacation like that alone.  I have problems doing things alone.  Especially restaurant eating alone. So a trip on 4wheelers w/out someone would be awkward to me and I’d probably just go home. 
    However, put me in a historical city with lots of museums and tours and I probably could.  Gettysburg and Salem are two places I could (and have and probably will again) vacation solo.

• Maybe it’s just me, but I couldn’t do a vacation like that alone.  I have problems doing things alone.  Especially restaurant eating alone. So a trip on 4wheelers w/out someone would be awkward to me and I’d probably just go home. 
    However, put me in a historical city with lots of museums and tours and I probably could.  Gettysburg and Salem are two places I could (and have and probably will again) vacation solo.
    That's fair enough, but not necessarily true for everyone.

I could do a vacation like that alone!  I'd enjoy it more with my H, but I'd still enjoy it.  A few good books.  Lying around on the beach or on the seaside view balcony.

I went on a vacation to NYC/Atlantic City, by myself.  I was supposed to go on a Western Mediterranean cruise last May and was going to go by myself, if I didn't find someone to go with me.  My H couldn't go because he can't get a passport.

Then COVID.  So I rescheduled it to May 2021.  Oh, look!  COVID again.  And now it is on my to-do list to reschedule it again for 2022 (tears!).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I feel like I can get DIscovery + free for some reason - cell phone company maybe? I haven't tried it though bc I dont think I'd watch any of the extra stuff
  • kvruns said:
    I feel like I can get DIscovery + free for some reason - cell phone company maybe? I haven't tried it though bc I dont think I'd watch any of the extra stuff
    I'm pretty sure it is Verizon that teamed up with Discovery+ and they are giving their users 6 months free.

Metro PCS, pfftt!  They have never given me anything free, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have Verizon so that must be it