Wedding Woes

90 Day Fiance

Re: 90 Day Fiance

• Yay weddings!  All the brides looked so beautiful!  Everyone looked happy, even with the challenges of getting married during the pandemic.  

Stephanie --  Does she not see the irony?  She blew up the relationship with Ryan because she thought he wasn't being honest with her and had cheated on her.  But she's the one who hops into bed with Harris.  The SAME DAY her and Ryan split up.  And that was the second time it happened exactly like that.

Yara and Jovi -- I'm glad Yara was finally smiling and seemed happy the next day, after their CTJ talk.  Her comment about the couch was hilarious.  Jovi makes crazy, good money.  Even the skill-less "rough necks" in the oil and gas industry make close to 6-figures.  Jovi has a very specialized skill and he would be well into the 6-figures.  Not that he seems to have much to show for it, though, lol.  I assume in his single days, he spent his month "off" in bars and strip clubs most nights.  Or spent the "off" months traveling.  That will blow through some money!   

Brandon and Julia -- OMG, when Brandon started saying his vows in Russian...that was too much!  I started tearing up also.  And you could tell Julia wasn't expecting that.  And the looks on her parents' faces was priceless also.  They were so touched and moved.  I teared up more, lol.

Hazel and Tarik -- I don't dislike this couple, but I don't care for them either.  But it was still nice to see their wedding.  Especially since we got to see their journey start on a previous season of Before the 90 Days.  His friend Angela is the best!  She has been so welcoming to Hazel.

Rebecca and Zied -- I really like Zied.  He's funny and seems really nice.  I know she didn't get the wedding she wanted, but you can't complain too hard when you arrive in a Cinderella-style horse drawn carriage!  I know she was upset about her dress, but kudos to her for coming up with a great solution!  The dress looked gorgeous on her and I wouldn't have even known it wasn't supposed to be like that, if she hadn't talked about it. 

Natalie and Mike -- There is a lot of hate for Natalie on the sub-Reddit.  But I haven't been on that forum for a couple weeks and I'm curious to see if the hate has now turned to Mike.  Me personally, I never had the hate for her that others did.  Though that's more from I thought Mike was just as bad and toxic as she is, in his own way.  Right now, I am definitely overflowing with "Mike hate", lol.

My heart was just BREAKING for her!  It's bad enough to have your FI call off the wedding a couple days before.  But when you've given up your previous life and moved to another country, that's next level.  Plus, she couldn't even get back home because of the pandemic.  I guess it's, "Here's your flight to Paris.  Figure out the next 2700km (25 hour drive) to get to Kiev, yourself."  Yes, yes I did look up how far Kiev is from Paris, lol.

FWIW, there was a sub-Reddit post that said Mike really did back out of the wedding at the last minute.  But changed his mind and they did get married within the 90 days.

While there is a lot of fakery/over-exaggeration on these 90 DF shows, the marriages are real because those are public record.  That's one of the things I like about the sub-Reddit.  Some of those posters are intense and will actually dig up and post the marriage certificates, lol.  And/or lots of them follow the cast members on social media and will give updates from that.  The marriage certificates are sometimes enlightening because you can see the date the couple got married and the location.  And sometimes the location doesn't match up to what the show portrayed ;).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2021
    Agree with you @short+sassy

Also, how do you NOT know you can’t use a credit card with someone elses’ name on it? That was a set up.  I did read spoilers that they got married but now it seems they got married because that was the only option left? Like go home or get married but also, you really can’t go home.  I felt super bad for her too.  They don’t seem like a couple in love imo.

edit to add: they made the drive to Sequim/Seattle 3 hrs but it’s 2.  I looked that up and he also mentioned before a 2 hr drive to and from work.  Which I also don’t get! 

• Agree with you @short+sassy

Also, how do you NOT know you can’t use a credit card with someone elses’ name on it? That was a set up.  I did read spoilers that they got married but now it seems they got married because that was the only option left? Like go home or get married but also, you really can’t go home.  I felt super bad for her too.  They don’t seem like a couple in love imo.

edit to add: they made the drive to Sequim/Seattle 3 hrs but it’s 2.  I looked that up and he also mentioned before a 2 hr drive to and from work.  Which I also don’t get! 
    I've heard there is also a relatively low cost ferry that cuts the commute from Sequim/Seattle, to only 45 minutes.  Though I think they've moved to Seattle.

Or solved with a phone call by the friend, "Hey Mike, they won't take your credit card without you here.  If I put it on mine (or pay cash) can you pay me right back?...Okay, great.  I'll do that."

I'm curious if they literally waited until the 90th day.  As I mentioned, I think the initial calling it off was real.  But I could see it being "that close" as being faked.

I'm sure that "consultation" with the lawyer was only done for the benefit of the show.  There is no way people that immersed in the K-1 Visa process don't know...pandemic or not...that it's a very hard line.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just realized I won’t be able to watch 90Day live! No cable.

but the single life 1x a week is ON POINT.

speaking of Ed, remember when he told Rose her breath stinks and bought her a few items for that? and she told him it was gum disease... but he got ROASTED?!?! How was he supposed to go about that? Polietly?
    asking for a friend. 
    I have no idea. H's is bad I think and a few times I've been like did you brush your teeth and then he gets mad at me for asking. But generally I just stay away from him. Probably doesn't work in your relationship though!
  • I haven't watched the most recent one but on the Mike/Natalie topic I saw something recently saying they were separated now although I think she was living here still. Maybe they'll be married long enough for the green card? 
  • I think Mike and Natalie are both toxic. I agree that some of the hotel stuff has to be a set up bc if he had prepaid then they could show another card and get it taken care of for incidentals. Although Natalie says she doesn’t have a credit card which is surprising. If I’m moving to another country for my unstable relationship I will sure as hell have a way out 
  • Why are they buying rings right before the wedding - wouldn’t you do that ahead of time. I like that his mom is like why is he buying a cheap ring, that doesn’t show his love lol. I know ring doesnt = love just made me laugh bc im guessing the mom is like cmon you can spend more 
  • kvruns said:
    Why are they buying rings right before the wedding - wouldn’t you do that ahead of time. I like that his mom is like why is he buying a cheap ring, that doesn’t show his love lol. I know ring doesnt = love just made me laugh bc im guessing the mom is like cmon you can spend more 
    I also thought that was weird they flaked on buying rings sooner.  I also thought that was awesome when his mom was the one telling him to stop being so cheap with the ring, lmao.  Of course, a better way to have done that is tell the jeweler their budget.  The jeweler shows Yara some rings in that budget.  And then she picks the one she likes best.

Or that Jovi walks into a formal wear shop and needs his tux tomorrow (eyeroll).  My H and I got married out of state (my hometown in CA), but he and his best man got their tuxes fitted and figured out at (I think) Men's Warehouse here locally.  And then picked them up at a Men's Warehouse in CA.

Though, having been through it myself, I totally understand the marriage license.  If you're getting married out of state, you obviously can't get that until you get there unless you made a prior trip.  With that said, they could have gotten their marriage license in Louisiana, even if they were getting married in NV.  At least that's what it was for me and my H.  We could have gotten our license in either state, even though the ceremony was in CA. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes to the tuxs, I was like... couldn’t even bring one with you?

but the marriage license I didn’t know you could get out of state.  I agreed they shouldn’t have flown into vegas a month before or something to get it.  My license was NY state, I even think it went by county?  So flying into NY a month before wasn’t an option.  We actually got it on October 31st for a Nov 1st weddding.  I was nervous about that! 

• The Tell all looks great!!! And they’re in person too!  Notice Stephanie/Harris wasn’t there?  That’s Ok with me. I’m not buying that story either.  I wonder if she went on the show to promote her medspa?

weddings.  Part of me was like I love the fun, glitzy Vegas wedding Jobi/Yara had and then we saw Natalie/Mike’s nature wedding by the lake and I was like “oooh, like theirs too”.  I’m both those people.  I want both those weddings!

Yara/Jovi’s baby special.  I like how they were “oh she’s so beautiful.  Look at that face.  She’s so beautiful”.  Duh. Have you seen the parents? Yara looks like she’ll be a good mother, and I’m hoping Jovi will be too.

• I haven't watched yet, was it more weddings this episode and then tell all is next week? Will the tell all be on regular TV or just the special app

edited April 2021
    Tell all is both the 11th and 18th, then Happily Ever After starts up on the 25th.  
    Edit:  i think regular TLC station.
    Last nights was 1 hr weddings and a bit of the Stephanie debaucile. And then a 1 hr Jovi & Yari baby special.  Basically, that he still wants to go out to drink.

• Mike & Natalie continue to confuse me - she looked so hopeful and he's still leading her on by getting married and then talking about the wedding night, future, etc.

Jovi - I still hate him and hope he grows up. I did like how supportive he was during labor but everything else I still don't care for him. Guessing he will be escaping for more and more nights out with friends as time goes on 
  • The Tell all looks great!!! And they’re in person too!  Notice Stephanie/Harris wasn’t there?  That’s Ok with me. I’m not buying that story either.  I wonder if she went on the show to promote her medspa?

weddings.  Part of me was like I love the fun, glitzy Vegas wedding Jobi/Yara had and then we saw Natalie/Mike’s nature wedding by the lake and I was like “oooh, like theirs too”.  I’m both those people.  I want both those weddings!

Yara/Jovi’s baby special.  I like how they were “oh she’s so beautiful.  Look at that face.  She’s so beautiful”.  Duh. Have you seen the parents? Yara looks like she’ll be a good mother, and I’m hoping Jovi will be too.
    Also excited the Tell All will be in person!  They are so much better that way.

Here's the scoop on why Stephanie won't be on the Tell All.  She is in the middle of a lawsuit with the production company.  Her claim is that during her trip to Belize, Ryan raped her and she was also bitten hundreds of times by sand flies during the filming of the show.  And that the production company not only didn't help her, but pressured her to continue filming during her trip.  Here's a link with more about it:

'90 Day Fiancé' Stephanie Davison Claims She Was Assaulted on TLC Set (tvshowsace.com)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didn't like either Yara's or Natalie's wedding dresses.  Yara's was pretty from afar, but not up close.  At least for my taste.  Though she did look fabulous in it.  But is there anything she wouldn't look fabulous in?  Oh, to be 25, tall, and thin again!  Well, I was never tall, lol.  I normally would have said the same thing about Natalie, but I don't think that dress was flattering on her.  It was too loose and slouchy on the top.

My H's dream wedding was to get married by Elvis in Vegas.  That was a hard no from me, lol.  But, when we watched the episode on Sunday, I reminded him that our 10-year anniversary is in two years (2023).  And, if he wants to renew our vows with Elvis in Vegas, I'd be up for that!

I hope Jovi's antics were exaggerated for the show and he gets his act together now that he is a father.  I'm rooting for them.

But the episode's MVP award goes to Gwen (Jovi's mom).  In the first part of the season, there were a few rude comments from his parents.  But his parents...especially his mom...seem to have gotten their act together and have been really welcoming to Yara.  Especially when she was bringing Yara back to her house during the pandemic, she really, really put herself in Yara's shoes.  I was tearing up when she talked about how alone Yara looked and she wanted to be a mother figure for her, if she would let her.  Some of the candid shots made it looked like they developed a close relationship during quarantine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Natalie's dress was weird bc she said it was a summer dress she brought with her - at one point they were planning for a wedding so you'd think she would have bought something and would have had it since the wedding only got cancelled last minute

Jovi's mom is wonderful, she is really trying to be there for Yara but also not stepping on toes
    edited April 2021
    That would be an awesome vow renewal!  I’m not in love love love with Elvis or anything to theme any party after him lol, but he was a great singer!

Yes to Gwen. She really did step up. I didn’t care for her or Yara at first, but Yara’s jabs to Jovi won me over throughout the season.  Also, notice the Vegas wedding was more than just a “handful of friends and immediate family”? They had aunts & uncles there too. So the whole “we’re making it a tiny wedding - eloping” was for the show drama only.  I also read they got married on Valentine’s day in 2020, before the world shut down so good timing! 

Yikes to Stephanie! In the producers defense was she assulted behind closed doors and no cameras near by? I mean, I can’t see them filming it?  That said, I haven’t gone and read the article yet. 

• I had heard about the Stephanie thing before, and I think in a clip of their blow up she is yelling about the condom being taken off (or maybe it was pretending to put it on)

• kvruns said:
    I had heard about the Stephanie thing before, and I think in a clip of their blow up she is yelling about the condom being taken off (or maybe it was pretending to put it on)
    Yeah, I wasn't sure if that was what she meant by being raped or if there was another incident that was a violent assault.

@CharmedPam, they don't tape people having sex (at least I don't think so!).  So I don't think it was so much the film crew witnessing an assault and doing nothing, as it was they forced her to keep doing scenes with him even after she informed them about the assault.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That would be an awesome vow renewal!  I’m not in love love love with Elvis or anything to theme any party after him lol, but he was a great singer!

Yes to Gwen. She really did step up. I didn’t care for her or Yara at first, but Yara’s jabs to Jovi won me over throughout the season.  Also, notice the Vegas wedding was more than just a “handful of friends and immediate family”? They had aunts & uncles there too. So the whole “we’re making it a tiny wedding - eloping” was for the show drama only.  I also read they got married on Valentine’s day in 2020, before the world shut down so good timing! 

Yikes to Stephanie! In the producers defense was she assulted behind closed doors and no cameras near by? I mean, I can’t see them filming it?  That said, I haven’t gone and read the article yet. 
    I'm guessing one of the bummers of the pandemic for TLC is you can really see that scenes are not filmed in the "chronological order" you think they are, lol.

It was especially striking for me with Yara and Jovi because I'm familiar with NOLA and know exactly when s**t went down here.

The timeline.  They got married on Feb. 14th.  A fact because that is public record.  Plus there were no masks anywhere, so you know it had to be before middish-March.  Jovi had been away for a month at some point before that.  I'm roughly guessing he was gone the whole month of January.  Which means she probably arrived in December 2019.

But on her supposed "first day" in NOLA, they were walking around the French Quarter and Mardi Gras decorations were up.  Those don't stay up perpetually all year long.  They're usually put up about one month ahead of time.  MG was Feb. 25th in 2020.  But it doesn't even matter.  They are never up in December.  Those would have still been Christmas decorations.

My mind might be playing tricks on me.  But I think when Gwen and Yara went dress shopping, they were talking about the pandemic and wore masks into the store.  If they had actually made that trip before the wedding, it would have been in Jan. or early Feb.  No one was really talking about the COVID-19 at that point in time other than a general "I hope it doesn't come here" and there was definitely nobody wearing masks yet.  I think that trip was staged AFTER the wedding and Yara "found" the dress that she had actually already worn when she got married, lol.

I rest my case.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, the timeline doesn’t add up.  I’m going to start calling you Detective @short+sassy!

• kvruns said:
    I had heard about the Stephanie thing before, and I think in a clip of their blow up she is yelling about the condom being taken off (or maybe it was pretending to put it on)
    Yeah, I wasn't sure if that was what she meant by being raped or if there was another incident that was a violent assault.

@CharmedPam, they don't tape people having sex (at least I don't think so!).  So I don't think it was so much the film crew witnessing an assault and doing nothing, as it was they forced her to keep doing scenes with him even after she informed them about the assault.  
    my understanding is it was not an additional assault
  • I agree @short+sassy their timeline has not added up. It is much easier to realize those things based on if people are gathering in larger groups, wearing masks, etc. Not just theirs but others too 
  • So far, decent tell all.

Is there something going on with Mike and Natalie or is that drama for the show?  The wedding happened a year ago....What’s the issue now? She’s not even talking to him.

work it Rebecca!  Get things done if you want them done (not if Ziad says to though). She looks good.  I kinda wish Stephanie was there to offer her medspa advise. I’m sure she’s all for the injections & surgeries.

i liked Julia on the show but now I’m calling her judgey Julie.   I felt like all the girls on the stage, aside from Julia, were in “girl power mode”.  But then again - Julia came in with the intent of telling them all what she thought of them. That’s not how it works, Julia.  Not if you want friends. And hypocrite much? “There’s nothing wrong with a strip club and strippers.  But I’ll kill you if you go, Brandon.  But they’re just woman making a buck.  Again. Brandon you’re dead if I catch you at one”.

i find it hard to believe that this was the first time Yara saw that clip of his bachelor night?  

Amaria and what’s his jerky face is going to be a boring set anyway.  He can go home. That’s cool.  We only want to hear from her anyway. 

• Mike/Natalie - I haven't watched yet but I thought I read a while back that they were getting divorced 
  • MIke and Natalie--That was kind of weird.  They arrived separately and were sitting apart from each other.  But then, during the show, they were next to each other and Mike had his arm around her.  I've heard the same thing as @kvruns.  That they are separated now and filing for divorce.  It's too bad.

Julia--don't you just love it when a 26-year-old starts being judgmental about cosmetic surgeries?  You just wait, honey.  I personally have never had a cosmetic surgery, but I'm not saying I never would and definitely don't judge anybody else.  But I did like that we learned a little more about her situation and that a lot of it was her choices, in regards to working on the farm and living at his parents house.

Rebecca--She is always interactive in the Tell-Alls and defends people.  I like that about her.  She definitely has her faults and seems to be an unpopular cast member online, but I don't really get that.  I like her and Zied.

Oooff.  Speaking of a cast member who is really hated online, Andrew did not do himself any favors by marching off the set.  He should at least stay to give his side of the story.  We primarily only have Amira's side of the story because that was primarily what TLC aired.  Then again, he might come off even worse.  He's continued to be really nasty to her in social media.

Except for the bachelor party clip, Jovi and Yara seemed really happy.  I like them.  They seem to really love each other and are so excited about their baby.  People online seem to really hate Jovi and, I get it.  He definitely had mis-steps and things he needs to work on.  But I think some of the Jovi negativity was related to how TLC edited their footage.  He seems to really love and care about Yara and their daughter.  Yara said herself that he has been fully co-parenting.

Hazel and Tarik-Not much to say yet.  A little weird they were taping separately in the same house.  Hopefully their relationship is okay.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For another 90DF update.

Benjamin and Akinyi got married, in the US, this last Saturday.  They were on a season of Before the 90 Days.  She is Nigerian.  Benjamin is super religious.  He had to get permission from Akinyi's father and church elders to be allowed to marry her, which also involved him agreeing to a "bride price".

Hopefully that rings bells for you all.

I wonder if they will be on the next season of 90DF (the original).  They would have been too late for this season, if they just got married this month.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ah yes I remember Ben amd Akyini.  I also remember  that it was “dishes” time or “tidy up” time when their story aired. They were dry.

i like Jovi and Yara.  I think he went from party life to a crashing halt and adult grown up life.  If you see their flashback pics they BOTH liked to drink, party and vacation.  Thing is, Yara knew when vacation was over, real life resumes and Jovi kinda doesn’t get it.  I bet he has a stressful job and needs that life when he comes back though. You know what?  The more I think about it, the more I get him. I also like my life and hate change.  And I’m going on 42. 

Julia: “if you want to look good, just go to the gym club”
    yes, because you can work extra skin off.
    fact: you can’t work extra skin off.

i like Ziad’s response.  “i like my pizza”.

• Ah yes I remember Ben amd Akyini.  I also remember  that it was “dishes” time or “tidy up” time when their story aired. They were dry.

i like Jovi and Yara.  I think he went from party life to a crashing halt and adult grown up life.  If you see their flashback pics they BOTH liked to drink, party and vacation.  Thing is, Yara knew when vacation was over, real life resumes and Jovi kinda doesn’t get it.  I bet he has a stressful job and needs that life when he comes back though. You know what?  The more I think about it, the more I get him. I also like my life and hate change.  And I’m going on 42. 

Julia: “if you want to look good, just go to the gym club”
    yes, because you can work extra skin off.
    fact: you can’t work extra skin off.

i like Ziad’s response.  “i like my pizza”.
    That was why I gave a few reminders as to who they were, lol.  They were pretty forgettable.

He definitely got the biggest laugh of the night with his pizza comment.  I'm with you Zied!

I just realized that my favorite people this season were the foreigners:  Julia, Yara, and Zied.  And it wasn't even a comparative "they're better then their American counterpart, but are still awful".  I really liked them.  Not everything they did, of course.  But, overall.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just watched.

Jovi/Yara -- I still don't like him. Maybe he will change, and I'm clouded by my own experiences, but he hasnt' endeared himself to me not being willing to grow up. They did seem happy and they said he's been taking care of the baby so I hope that continues!

Julia - yea her comments on "just workout and eat better' made me roll my eyes so hard. I mean yes that is true, but it isn't always that easy or even  possible. 

Definitely interested to see the Andrew and Amira part next week.