Wedding Etiquette Forum

Saturday Morning

Re: Saturday Morning

• Exactly.. I need to start getting some vases and i'm going to use the 40% off coupons too, though here it's Hobby Lobby. Luckily, I have a friend that's an artist that goes once a week to get supplies for herself, so I can just go with her and not drag FI.
        It's been fun. FI wants to go to lunch and groceries so see you later.
    Eags, have a great last few hours at work. Mirahbelle, Holly great talking with you.
    Hope to see you in another thread.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Zizibet, Sassy sounds awesome. About this wasteful business, I'm quite curious to hear why your FBIL thinks having pets is wasteful, if you don't mind me asking? ;) Eagles, I understand your pain about the dress. I'm glad it's sorted!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image Our venue!
  • It''s not morning anymore but I just had breakfast.

A pint of Ben & Jerry's and a glass of champagne that my neighbor brought over.
    Today could go either way
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:509a6182-5c23-4c23-8e09-c14fc8d11aedPost:6037d83b-b01b-4615-956b-e6ba9ff23e8b">Re: Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Heyo.  I had to go away and, well, work for a bit.  FMIL has found a dress, praise the sweet baby Jesus in the manger. I MISSED FEZZ.  THAT IS SOME BULLSHIT RIGHT THERE. Club has recently fallen back in love with his bed.  He puts himself on it all the time now.  I'm like, okay dude, you don't have to sit on the couch with Ma if you don't want.  <strong>Zizi.  I need you to get a sig pic.  I keep glossing over you because I think you're a newb. </strong>
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

I was just telling her that last night. Haha.

Mirahbelle, what's going on in your sig pic?

And hi, everyone! I just made turkey bacon BLTs for lunch and we're being lazy. We were supposed to go the the National WWII Museum but woke up really late so we're goint to try again tomorrow morning.
    imageAnniversary
  • Eagles, my friend and I have a habit of doing weird art projects. We were given this old wedding dress from the costume department at our college long before I got engaged. We decided it would make a nice canvas so we threw some paint around in the woods. It was quite liberating I must say :)
  • edited June 2012
    You're not the first to say so. I do love it though, and I can't explain why.
  • Hi everyone! H just left for work, I am trying to get the house straightened up. H helped with our bedroom which was horrible, there were still suitcases that were packed from when I moved in!

I need to get stuff ready for our yard sale, we are selling a bunch of stuff! I hope it goes well!

Hope you guys are having a great day!

• Hello. Can you see me? Test test.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, it's creeping me out a bit too.
    imageAnniversary
  • Hey Petal!
    imageAnniversary
  • i have once again done nothing productive today and I have so much to do.  i just don't wanna.  
    Photobucket
  • Hi Bree, yes it's me in the photo :) I can see you petal! And good luck with your yard sale, Mari. You really can make a killing off those things, not to mention meet some interesting people.
  • It's at the zoo Bree. Apparently I can post in here since I had the browser open on my phone but this thread is gone on my computer. I'm working on invitations right now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:509a6182-5c23-4c23-8e09-c14fc8d11aedPost:1fe79032-9340-4600-9db8-6fdb8eac6bca">Re: Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Bree, yes it's me in the photo :) I can see you petal! And good luck with your yard sale, Mari. You really can make a killing off those things, not to mention meet some interesting people.
    Posted by Mirahbelle4[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I hope that we do a good job with it! The extra money would be awesome! And we would free up a lot of space in the house!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:509a6182-5c23-4c23-8e09-c14fc8d11aedPost:51e52c59-4fd3-40fa-917a-ca37179b9362">Re: Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Morning : Thanks! I hope that we do a good job with it! The extra money would be awesome! And we would free up a lot of space in the house!
    Posted by mari0225[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, space is always good! It's so hard to part with things sometimes though. But the sadness of nostalgia usually goes away once you see the dollar bills, haha.
  • YGPM Bree.
    I have so much stuff I had to list in my shop, I am just being super lazy.  My husband keeps pointing out that I can't sell it if it's sitting in the office.  
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:509a6182-5c23-4c23-8e09-c14fc8d11aedPost:5a0d8632-e1ad-4b17-9fa2-4b64936605b6">Re: Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Morning : Oh yeah, space is always good! It's so hard to part with things sometimes though. But the sadness of nostalgia usually goes away once you see the dollar bills, haha.

Haha yes! And we have so much stuff, both H and I are BAD pack rats!
  • I was fortunate that my cousin had a garage sale in May. She came and took everything we didn't want off our hands. It helped to clean out the garage.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi there.
    I'm doing nothing productive right now... I really should clean but pinterest is far too entertaining right now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:509a6182-5c23-4c23-8e09-c14fc8d11aedPost:b39941e1-d03a-41ca-abc4-71851c55376e">Re: Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Morning : Ahhh, I see.  FI and I are planning a long motor cycle trip up the East Coast (we're hoping to go in 2014).  I'm going to see if he can work the 1000 islands in ( do they have boat tours?)...I've never been to New York, but would love to go!
    Posted by Lizzieyounce[/QUOTE]

Sorry to have disappeared, FI had other ideas about how I should spent my time on this fine Saturday.  A long motorcycle tour up the east coast sound fun.  How long will it take you?  And yes, the 1000 Islands has boat tours, google Boldt Castle, a really cool place to visit that you can only get to by boat.

We have some things in common, I have two children also from a  previous marriage, am 46 years old, and work in health care also. 

Hope to be talking to you more too!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:509a6182-5c23-4c23-8e09-c14fc8d11aedPost:8c6afa3d-af5b-4e61-ae6d-1c6bc3387714">Re: Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was fortunate that my cousin had a garage sale in May. She came and took everything we didn't want off our hands. It helped to clean out the garage.
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

That's great!

Well I better get started! Talk to yall later! Have a great day!
  • wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:509a6182-5c23-4c23-8e09-c14fc8d11aedPost:c23b750a-d31e-4290-85d5-5d3b00b3b9ad">Re: Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're not the first to say so. I do love it though, and I can't explain why.
    I think it's awesome. I love the processing/composition. If it were all red, it might be creepy, but I'd still love it.

Hello, everyone. I've been insanely busy with the new job and such. I missed Fezz (again). Her new baby is so cute. And now I see DJ is pregnant! (I caught up on FFF early this morning.) Awesome news all-around. :)
  • You pizza sounds delish,

Petals I am jealous of you and Nicki doing Disney together!

I am eating blueberries and contemplating an afternoon nap.
  • LizzieyounceLizzieyounce member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:509a6182-5c23-4c23-8e09-c14fc8d11aedPost:699c9461-8a70-4162-958b-7a61c864a605">Re: Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Morning : Sorry to have disappeared, FI had other ideas about how I should spent my time on this fine Saturday.  A long motorcycle tour up the east coast sound fun.  How long will it take you?  And yes, the 1000 Islands has boat tours, google Boldt Castle, a really cool place to visit that you can only get to by boat. We have some things in common, I have two children also from a  previous marriage, am 46 years old, and work in health care also.  Hope to be talking to you more too!
    Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>No worries! If it were pretty here today, I'd be outside too!</div><div>
    </div><div>As for the length of the tour, we average 300-400 miles a day and we want to do two or three weeks (he's a cop and has lots of comp time built up!) I saw Boldt Castle on the google search...I love castles, so I'm absolutely going to check it out if FI routes the area into the trip.</div><div>
    </div><div>Hope to talk to you again, as well. Enjoy your weekend!</div><div>
    </div><div>School is challenging, but I love it.  My girls think it's cool that I'm in school too! </div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: spelling correction</div>
  • Next time you come down we will have to do drinks, Ski. Hey Wrigley.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:509a6182-5c23-4c23-8e09-c14fc8d11aedPost:0de9b15c-65c2-4b54-972f-70e8ef0b9035">Re: Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Morning : I think it's awesome. I love the processing/composition. If it were all red, it might be creepy, but I'd still love it. Hello, everyone. I've been insanely busy with the new job and such. I missed Fezz (again). Her new baby is so cute. And now I see DJ is pregnant! (I caught up on FFF early this morning.) Awesome news all-around. :)
    Posted by wrigleyville[/QUOTE]

Thank you :) Your sig pic is great, and really hits home because so many girls in my city are orange, which is ironic considering the sun never shines here (I live in Belfast). When I went to my makeup trial, the makeup artist asked if I planned on fake tanning. I said no, and she said "thank goodness, there is no foundation for orange."

That said, I do think tanning can look great when done properly, it's just the orange people who make me cross.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:509a6182-5c23-4c23-8e09-c14fc8d11aedPost:406f3018-7bbd-4416-870d-1cf311682698">Re: Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Morning : Thank you :) Your sig pic is great, and really hits home because so many girls in my city are orange, which is ironic considering the sun never shines here (I live in Belfast). When I went to my makeup trial, the makeup artist asked if I planned on fake tanning. I said no, and she said "thank goodness, there is no foundation for orange." That said, I do think tanning can look great when done properly, it's just the orange people who make me cross.
    You live in Ireland?

I am so freaking jealous. You don't even know. I've always wanted to see Ireland. Always.

I don't mind a nice, light tan done properly, so yes - the Dorito girls amuse me. I mean, do they not realize they're orange and should maybe scale it back a bit next time? Use less bronzer or something?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:509a6182-5c23-4c23-8e09-c14fc8d11aedPost:4bdab30e-dd88-4961-b210-0eda3b55b20b">Re: Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Morning : I don't understand why no one has perfected a non-orange fake tan.  It can't be that hard. <strong>This day is dragging</strong>. 

Agreed.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:509a6182-5c23-4c23-8e09-c14fc8d11aedPost:4bdab30e-dd88-4961-b210-0eda3b55b20b">Re: Saturday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Morning : I don't understand why no one has perfected a non-orange fake tan.  It can't be that hard. This day is dragging. 
    There's that, too. You would think it would be similar to mixing paint to achieve the right shade.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards