Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Dry Reception

Re: Dry Reception

• Options
    I suddenly feel like Frances Houseman after she was told to go back to her playpen.
  • Options
    @joane2012 talk about a troll and low key stalker huh? Why is it that how i choose to go about my wedding concern you? I've been to plenty with honey fund accounts and happily gifted them. Hmmm I wonder why honey fund has so many members? Oh cause people are using it. My wedding will be across the country and already I have my own home, let me know how people carry wedding gifts on airplanes... that's right they don't. I'm not going to register for things I don't need and cant even take back with me after  my wedding its a waste of money and pointless if people don't give gifts its nothing but a hair flip honey. Are you really that mad and are you really that INVESTED in me you have to search me! What a compliment. Honey pleeeeease get a life my wedding does not and will never concern YOU. 
    Wait, what? So unless you receive gifts your whole wedding was a waste of money?

• Options

@chibiyui now where does it say I told my guest this is what they have to use no exceptions? Where? I'll wait. You guys are grabbing air based on no facts or anything. People can get me whatever they want as a bride I have the right to have a preference just like a bride registered at macys does. I'm not wasting anyone's money so they can get me things I already have. You guys know nothing about my day or registries and assume you know everything it's ridiculous and very sad you invest so much time giving your input on someone's wedding you aren't invited to and would never be invited to. Get a life like seriously you're spending more time with me than your husbands. You would rather noses around my business not knowing anything about or my wedding than do something positive with your lives. That's pretty pathetic for grown women my goodness. I will pray for you guys cause seriously you need another hobby or attention and @banana468 I'm just ignoring you from here on out cause you aren't even on the right thing here have a nice day go play with your kid

Uh. Are you using a honeyfund? Does it charge fees? Ergo, any money contributed to one is subject to said fees. Thus, less money for you. Maybe you'll get lucky and your guests will have better financial sense and just write you a check.

Also, I'm at work have already gotten all my to-do lists done, and my FI loves that I don't fall prey to gimmicky wedding fads like honeymoon registries.

Anniversary
  • Options
    @mobkaz Sorry punctuation police but punctuation does not matter on a message board find something else to pick on please. And with a wedding with 280 guests only an IDIOT would think they can fit all their wedding gifts into luggage. Nexxxxxxt please
    Actually punctuation plays a great role on message boards because proper punctuation, grammar, spelling and such help to get your point across to others clearly.

As for getting all your gifts back to your home state, well most people who are invited to a DW won't bring boxed gifts but rather a card with money inside of it.  People are a lot smarter then you may give them credit for.

• Options

@mobkaz Sorry punctuation police but punctuation does not matter on a message board find something else to pick on please. And with a wedding with 280 guests only an IDIOT would think they can fit all their wedding gifts into luggage. Nexxxxxxt please

Places like Bed, Bath and Beyond are known for an easy return process. You return in the place your wedding is, then you rebuy what you want when you get back home.

Also, if I knew the Bride and Groom were travelling in on a plane, I would have any boxed gifts sent to their house. Most people are more pragmatic then you seem to be.

Anniversary
  • Options
    @maggie0829 reading correctly also helps to. As I said I'm not going waste my guests money in registering for something I don't need which is a waste of money and pointless. Reading is fundamental. Secondly as I will say one last time my guest do not have to contribute to my honeyfund, check, gift card whatever the please even if it's nothing is fine with me. They have the option to. I really don't care about your punctuation statement I will continue to type as a please you still keep responding so it doesn't bother you THAT bad. Thirdly where did you read my wedding is a destination wedding? I said my wedding is across the country, don't assume you will make an ass of yourself. It's across the country back in my hometown where most of our guests live.
    Well when you responded with your smart ass comment of "And with a wedding with 280 guests only an IDIOT would think they can fit all their wedding gifts into luggage." I assumed that it was DW.  Which it kind of is for you and your groom since you will have to travel a great distance to get there.

And again I will say if you don't want to waste your guests money on registering for something that you don't need then why not listen to everyone who said that if you don't need anything then just don't register.  That way your guests will not waste their money on pointless shit and you won't come off rude asking for money in the form of a HM registry.

• Options
    Must be that fabulous. Hey!
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
    Maggie0829 said: Ms2MrsViney said: @maggie0829 Why do I have to listen to everyone in here? Oh that's right I don't. That's the problem with you "oldies" on here it's your way or no way and you come like hawks. I can register where I want and how I want. My guests know where I'm registered and think it's actually a great idea so what's it to you if my guests want to participate in that? Nothing, cause guest what at the end of the day MY GUESTS have no problem with it so why should any of you? New FLASH you aren't even invited. What else you got? I can go with you all, all day since you rather talk to me rather than your husbands or kids.

No one said you had to listen to us.  I don't give a fuck what you do.  All we are trying to do is to tell you what you are doing is rude.  If you want to be rude then go right ahead.  I don't give a shit if you serve yourself lobster and steak while serving your guests PB&J.  I don't give a fuck if you make your guests pay for their drinks while you sip on Dom for free.  But we will keep telling you that what you are doing is rude because we don't want other brides to act like you which is a self-centered spoiled brat who thinks the world revolves around them just because she happens to be getting married.  Guess what?  You aren't fucking special.  And to think you are and treat your guests like shit because of it makes you horrible.
    And I can pretty much guarantee that your guests are side-eyeing the shit out of your HM registry but won't say anything to your face because they don't want to hurt your feelings.  The difference between them and myself is that I don't give a fuck if I hurt your feelings.

Yea, Maggie......
    Guest what?  You're an old, married hag with no life and I feel really sorry for your husband.

That's right, I can go all day.....
  • Options

I feel like Ms. Viney needs to see this.

The Calvary FTW.
  • Options
    I don't know about everyone else, but I've only said cash bars are tacky. I'm behind any option where guests do not pay for their own refreshments - whether that means full open bar, no bar, signature cocktails, limited bar, wine & beer only, or whatever variation of those. Guests should have no expectations about what drinks are being served other than there will be enough for everyone and they won't have to pay for them.
    Ditto.  Cash bars are tacky.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    I don't know about everyone else, but I've only said cash bars are tacky. I'm behind any option where guests do not pay for their own refreshments - whether that means full open bar, no bar, signature cocktails, limited bar, wine & beer only, or whatever variation of those. Guests should have no expectations about what drinks are being served other than there will be enough for everyone and they won't have to pay for them.
    Ditto.  Cash bars are tacky.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    Wow, look at all I missed while I was out.     Congrats on the new  chiciquta @banana468

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

Wow, look at all I missed while I was out.     Congrats on the new  chiciquta @banana468
    Thank you @lyndausvi and everyone!

Nothing on FB yet. It's early!
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:
    You can go on all day I really don't care. Everything you're saying is your opinion. so is etiquette it's someone's opinion of how something should be. How you do it is up to you not anyone else. Cash bar or not it won't make or break a wedding I've been to plenty.
    Lose the fucking "opinion" crap.

Etiquette is not "opinion."  Or rather, it is collective opinion, not individual opinion.  Your individual opinion that it is okay to have a cash bar is rude.  You are not going to convince anyone here that it is not.  And if you don't care, don't waste our time by asking.
    Holy shit this chick made Jen drop the "F" bomb!

• Options
    banana468 said:
    Thank you @lyndausvi and everyone! Nothing on FB yet. It's early!
    of course.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:
    You can go on all day I really don't care. Everything you're saying is your opinion. so is etiquette it's someone's opinion of how something should be. How you do it is up to you not anyone else. Cash bar or not it won't make or break a wedding I've been to plenty.

Etiquette is not "opinion."  Or rather, it is collective opinion, not individual opinion.  Your individual opinion that it is okay to have a cash bar is rude.  You are not going to convince anyone here that it is not.  And if you don't care, don't waste our time by asking.

I have yet to see any evidence that this poster is anything but a troll.
  • Options

Jen4948 said:

I absolutely love that gif!!

• Options

@maggie0829 I could give a DAMN about what you think. When will you get that and stop posting not everyone in this world agrees with what you're saying right now so shut it down! Because you have a few others in here agreeing it makes it right? NO, it doesn't. Stop wasting your time here, if you don't give a damn GET OFF here and off of me. Thousands if not hundreds of thousands of brides use sites like honeyfund. YOU ARE NOT THE WEDDING POLICE, you are not getting paid for this calm all the way down. I've actually received messages from people telling me why do I even bother with you guys you guys are terrible and they actually agree with me but don't want to bother with nosey broads like you cause you won't shut your mouth about it! Have several seats and leave me alone if you careless so much. You're really cute with all the profanity to, PROPER ETIQUETTE at its finest! Have a nice day, all of you. Enjoy your husbands and your kids please because you are giving me way too much of your attention, time and energy, when you should be giving it to THEM!

Well I really can't get off of you because I was never on you to begin with.

I don't care what you do but I do care about naive brides who come on here looking to do things the right way. And you giving bad advice is why I continue to respond and continue to say that what you are doing is rude.

Just because people use HoneyFund doesn't mean that what they are doing is okay. It just means that there are thousands upon thousands of rude ass brides who think it is perfectly okay to solicit money from their guests. Which is really sad to see how self-important and entitled people have become.

• Options
    Jen4948 said:
    Jen4948 said:

I have yet to see any evidence that this poster is anything but a troll.
    Yup, they are. It's all classic trolling really. Coupled with the fact that they've made like, four posts with hardly any content on this site at all, clearly they are a troll so really it would be best if people quit replying to them and feeding into the crazy. People like that actually get off on pissing people off, and "Getting to you".
    I've seen it time and time again all over message boards. It's not a new tactic at all, and easily recognizable.
  • Options

image BYE felicia @courtanialynn @maggie0829 Giving bad advice  is your deal not mine go on honeyfund or twitter and express your mind dont hide behind the knot let me know how that goes. You're only expressing it here among those who agree with you that's all you're doing. Your view is not universal honey, sorry to inform you.I'm self centered but you're telling me what I should and shouldn't do and what is rude but my guests are okay with it. Yea you can sure speak for my guests huh. Give t up. 

I have no problem telling people that HM registries are crap. My friend wanted one and I told her my feelings on it. She went ahead and did it anyways. Not one person bought from it but she did get a lot of checks and cash in cards.

And not everyone agrees on the HM registries being rude. Go check out the registry board and see for yourself. And I am not just going to go spouting off my feelings to random people. I say how I feel on here because this is a forum and discussions are welcomed. But to randomly make a HM registries are crap tweet or what not is beyond a waste of time.

And I am not speaking for your guests but when many posters on here who are from all over agree that something is rude there is a good chance some of your own guests have the same feelings.

So again, do what you want whether it be rude or not but don't expect posters to stop speaking out against your crap advice.

• Options

@Maggie0829 You just said not everyone thinks it is which is my point exactly. I have been to plenty of weddings where people have given happily and thought it was a great idea. Also Never did I once come on here asking for advice on my honeyfund. Jena went out of her way to search for me on the internet and said I see you are registered for a Honeyfund. Searched the internet for me to see about me, now thats what I call TACKY. Then everyone came in here with there unsolicited advice when I have asked no one not once about it. So if you want to talk about giving advice, it was never asked for. You guys came into that voicing your opinions when I was replying to someone who searched for me on the internet. That's what you call rude and uncalled for. 

When you post on these forums you open yourself up for unsolicited advice. It is just the nature of these boards. If you state you are doing something that can be considered rude people will call you out on it.

And if you have a problem with another poster take it up with them rather then projecting your feelings onto the rest of us.

• Options
    But you are having a HM registry correct? So you stated a rude idea so expect people to call you out on it.

You also don't see a problem with cash bars. Again, an idea not supported around here so people will call you out on it.

You are just pissed that someone read in another thread about your HM registry and noted it in this one which tends to happen when posters read other threads on other boards.

• Options
    Didn't people used to be embarrassed to beg for money? Is that not a thing anymore? I would still feel embarrassed

• Options
    @maggie0829 reading correctly also helps to. As I said I'm not going waste my guests money in registering for something I don't need which is a waste of money and pointless. Reading is fundamental. Secondly as I will say one last time my guest do not have to contribute to my honeyfund, check, gift card whatever the please even if it's nothing is fine with me. They have the option to. I really don't care about your punctuation statement I will continue to type as a please you still keep responding so it doesn't bother you THAT bad. Thirdly where did you read my wedding is a destination wedding? I said my wedding is across the country, don't assume you will make an ass of yourself. It's across the country back in my hometown where most of our guests live.
    It's impossible to read correctly when somebody writes poorly.  We can only read what you actually write, in the way you write it.  We cannot read your mind.  Also, as a side note, writing like an illiterate preteen just makes you look foolish.

Your teachers taught you how to communicate effectively through the written word so that you could use those skills in order to - tada! - communicate effectively with other human beings.  You know, like on a message board. 

• Options
    @maggie0829 where's my post where I said I had HM? Again you fail to read what is stated. I never maid a post about having or talking about HM. Joan stalked/searched for me on the internet and saw that I was and brought that into this post. I'm far from pissed your cursing in PP proves who's actually pissed. Read before you speak.
    Learn before you write.  I kept it simple for you, just in case.
  • Options
    Viczaesar said:
    It's impossible to read correctly when somebody writes poorly.  We can only read what you actually write, in the way you write it.  We cannot read your mind.  Also, as a side note, writing like an illiterate preteen just makes you look foolish.

Your teachers taught you how to communicate effectively through the written word so that you could use those skills in order to - tada! - communicate effectively with other human beings.  You know, like on a message board. 
    I shudder at the thought.......
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards