Chit Chat

TKzillas

Re: TKzillas

• #yourenotquirky #unoriginalismorelikeit
    Potatoe Potato
  • AddieL73 said:
    I'm so excited to be both too old for social media AND a super meanie head. This has totally turned my day around. 

BEST MONDAY EVER!!!

• More puppies!

kittens/puppies really do make everything better! LOL :)
  • So anyway, now you know what happens if you come on TK and try to call us bitches.

So if you just want to be friends, go back over to WW or WB where they'll love you for the special snowflake you are.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Side note: I've also had to explain to people what a busy signal is.
  • Alh728 said:

so whats up with the posters who are so freaking critical on these forums anyway? LOL I mean, state your opinion, "quote" someone if you have an additional comment or what not, but DAMN!!! I Seen some posters going IN and getting so nasty with other posters. I think everyone needs to just keep it light. State your opinion & keep it moving. Wedding planning is stressful enough nevermind the unnecessary negative vibes from a website people go to for support! #JustSayin

BTW Yes-I did just use a hashtag on here. I'm a social media queen-don't judge! LOL :)

I judge.
    ^^Ditto

imageimage

so many puppies!
    AHHH I LOVE IT!!!
    Seriously?

Who remembers this sound, raise your hands.

Hand firmly in the air.
    Seriously?

NO WAY-thats just crazy LOL. Said person has never used a landline?! WOW. Technology really is taking over!! LOL
  • So anyway, now you know what happens if you come on TK and try to call us bitches.

So if you just want to be friends, go back over to WW or WB where they'll love you for the special snowflake you are.

We can be friends over here too.  Just don't insinuate passive aggressively right out of the gates that myself or anyone else is a mean old bitch.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

Seriously?

I worked at a shoe store that used dial up for credit card transactions. If someone called the store while it was processing, we had to re-ring it.

I also had a couple of kids ask their parents what that noise was. Hilarious responses.

Anniversary
  • Alh728 said:
    Side note: I've also had to explain to people what a busy signal is.
    Seriously?

NO WAY-thats just crazy LOL. Said person has never used a landline?! WOW. Technology really is taking over!! LOL
    I believe that everyone should have a land line phone.  If your electricity goes out you can still call people/911 because remember those crazy pocket computers (ie smartphones) will only hold a charge for so long.

Seriously?

I had Prodigy in 1990

imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

We can be friends over here too.  Just don't insinuate passive aggressively right out of the gates that myself or anyone else is a mean old bitch.
    Then we can gladly be friends. Just realize as you guys state your honest opinions, that someone (such as myself) will probably do likewise! I stated my opinion for what i was seeing in that moment. But in all seriousness i hate seeing these negative notis come through! I would really like to have someone on TK i can be friendly with and bounce ideas off of! SO if y'all are OK with it i'd love to post puppies long side ya

BOX: Of course we can, but the snark factor and the tough love are what make TK fun.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I remember trying to get online to buy Britney Spears tickets right when they went on sale back in 1999 and my damn AOL would not connect.  I was so freaking mad!!

LMAO-dial up days man... there was no struggle like those days!! hahaha
  • Alh728 said:
    Alh728 said:
    To everyone reading between the lines of what i am trying to say-HAVE FUN! I have made my points-clear and precise. If you so decide to read further into what I am saying you'll be here for days! LOL
    We know exactly what you are saying.  That people over 25 shouldn't be into social media because they are just too old.  That being young means that it is okay and super normal to use hashtags on everything.  And that some posters on here are super meanie heads.  I think that pretty much sums it up.
    EXACTLY!
    Quoted for posterity. She just called a lot of us too old for social media. #timetogo #hags
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • @Maggie0829 most landlines won't work anymore if the power goes out because they go through your cable line. Every single place that I tried to get a landline through said I had to sign a form stating that was the case.

Also, the busy signal thing has less to do with a landline and more to do with call waiting. If you have call waiting, the caller doesn't hear a busy signal.
  • PDKH said:
    Alh728 said:
    So anyway, now you know what happens if you come on TK and try to call us bitches.

Then we can gladly be friends. Just realize as you guys state your honest opinions, that someone (such as myself) will probably do likewise! I stated my opinion for what i was seeing in that moment. But in all seriousness i hate seeing these negative notis come through! I would really like to have someone on TK i can be friendly with and bounce ideas off of! SO if y'all are OK with it i'd love to post puppies long side ya

Not validating someone's not so great idea is not negative, it's an offering of time-proven advice. If that's not positive learning, I don't know what is. 
    agreed!
  • LizzieyounceLizzieyounce member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    Oh, I didn't realize 24 was the target age for social media. I guess being 33, I should just shut down my account! 

How old were you when social media started? Barely a teenager? 
    Oh shit!  Does this mean that I should shut all of my social media accounts down too?  Because damn I've had a home computer with internet access since the prehistoric age of CompuServe.

• @Maggie0829 most landlines won't work anymore if the power goes out because they go through your cable line. Every single place that I tried to get a landline through said I had to sign a form stating that was the case.

Also, the busy signal thing has less to do with a landline and more to do with call waiting. If you have call waiting, the caller doesn't hear a busy signal.
    Huh, my installer (verizon) said it would work as long as I had a corded phone.

Now I want my electricity to go out for only 5 minutes so I can test it.  But no more then 5 minutes and when it comes back on I do not want to adjust all of my clocks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards