Chit Chat

TKzillas

Re: TKzillas

• I'm Facebook friends with a former manager, who I think set some kind of record the other week for the most hashtags on one post - I counted 32.  I think someone must have said something to her, because she's down to only about a dozen or so per post this week...
  • Yup, I have one of the old phones in my kitchen. An ex-boyfriend worked for Verizon & gave it to me. It worked for the 24 hours FiOS allowed post-Sandy, and after that I found the first thing about FiOS that annoyed me.
  • @MuppetOverlord I'm a huge Archie/Jughead fan :) The Muppets and Fraggle Rock are awesome as well.
    You can be my friend.
    Raise your hand if you saw THIS coming lol
  • edited February 2014
    @MuppetOverlord I'm a huge Archie/Jughead fan :) The Muppets and Fraggle Rock are awesome as well.
    You can be my friend.
    I didn't see this coming. I figured this was someone like NYUGirl or the one who wasn't invited to a wedding in a park. Persistant and annoying, with nothing constructive to share.

• @MuppetOverlord I'm a huge Archie/Jughead fan :) The Muppets and Fraggle Rock are awesome as well.
    You can be my friend.
    I didn't see this coming. I figured this was someone like NYUGirl or the one who wasn't invited to a wedding in a park. Persistant and annoying, with nothing constructive to share.

She meant me inviting the girl who likes Muppets to be my friend.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

You can be my friend.

Yep, exactly what I meant
  • TKzilla said:

@MuppetOverlord I'm a huge Archie/Jughead fan :) The Muppets and Fraggle Rock are awesome as well.

You can be my friend.

Yep, exactly what I meant

I love your new screen name and avatar. You're my hero.

Anniversary
  • Oops! Reading fail for me.

• Hashtags actually do have a use on this forum.  Click on one of the ones in this thread and it will take you to a page with a listing of all the other posts that have the hashtag in them.  But I do agree with you that they are pointless if they're used somewhere that doesn't support them.

I do not like hashtags. I will use one or two with a tweet once in awhile.  I have used one a couple times in Facebook posts.  But I really think they are WAY overused.  And that Jimmy Fallon skit was hilarious.  I have people who are like that on my Facebook. 15 or 20 hashtags with a picture, argh.

Also, put me in the camp of people who remember dial up internet and I am younger than the OP!
    First bolded: Mind blown!

Second bolded: these people drive me crazy.  Putting a hashtag in front of every word in your post doesn't make you cool, it makes you annoying.
    Yea, if you roll your mouse over any hashtag, you'll notice it turns blue, the way links do on this forum, and your mouse pointer will turn into the hand with the pointed finger.
  • Hashtags actually do have a use on this forum.  Click on one of the ones in this thread and it will take you to a page with a listing of all the other posts that have the hashtag in them.  But I do agree with you that they are pointless if they're used somewhere that doesn't support them.

I do not like hashtags. I will use one or two with a tweet once in awhile.  I have used one a couple times in Facebook posts.  But I really think they are WAY overused.  And that Jimmy Fallon skit was hilarious.  I have people who are like that on my Facebook. 15 or 20 hashtags with a picture, argh.

Also, put me in the camp of people who remember dial up internet and I am younger than the OP!
    First bolded: Mind blown!

Second bolded: these people drive me crazy.  Putting a hashtag in front of every word in your post doesn't make you cool, it makes you annoying.
    Yea, if you roll your mouse over any hashtag, you'll notice it turns blue, the way links do on this forum, and your mouse pointer will turn into the hand with the pointed finger.
    It should be a middle finger, #justsayin'

#LoveItIfYouAgree
  • I know I'm months late but I was just about to post this! People are so rude and nasty and wrap it in pretty bow to call it "Advice". These are some of the nastiest women I have ever met. They aren't helpful. They are plain ol rude. I can't stand some of these women. It makes you wonder who would want to marry some of these people!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PDKH said:

I know I'm months late but I was just about to post this! People are so rude and nasty and wrap it in pretty bow to call it "Advice". These are some of the nastiest women I have ever met. They aren't helpful. They are plain ol rude. I can't stand some of these women. It makes you wonder who would want to marry some of these people!
    BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Aw damn, you beat me to it!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I know I'm months late but I was just about to post this! People are so rude and nasty and wrap it in pretty bow to call it "Advice". These are some of the nastiest women I have ever met. They aren't helpful. They are plain ol rude. I can't stand some of these women. It makes you wonder who would want to marry some of these people!

Actually, my FI appreciates that I have common sense and respect for our guests. But thank you very much for the bingo.

But...but...your poor FI! Not only are you rude and nasty you found a whole damn community of us! Now if you ever consider straying and try to be a speshul snowflake no one will shit rainbows and you'll have to go back to being rude and nasty! Our FI/Hs are so sad right now :(

You are so right. I'd better tell FI to run.

Ask crazy questions here, you'll get answers alluding to your craziness. No one's begging you to stay.

--

I'm the fuck
    out.

• You know in all honesty I have a strong opinion that people like the OP, and other snowflakes, were raised to believe that their crap don't stink and that everyone in the world has to be nice to them, and believe that whatever they do is worthy of praise from the entire world. This is a misconception on their part. The world, and the people in it, do not owe you anything and if you can't act like an adult and figure out that other people are smarter than you sometimes and that listening to the advice of said smarter people will help you in the long run, than why do you even post?

I would rather have someone by honest with me, than just blow smoke up my ass.  But maybe that's because I was raised by two very honest people that made sure I knew that sometimes my crap smells worse than anyone else's, and that the world does not care about me and my accomplishments. 

I know I'm months late but I was just about to post this! People are so rude and nasty and wrap it in pretty bow to call it "Advice". These are some of the nastiest women I have ever met. They aren't helpful. They are plain ol rude. I can't stand some of these women. It makes you wonder who would want to marry some of these people!

BTW My FI loves my honest opinions.  He's a stand-up comedian though, and I'm a writer, we wouldn't be anywhere in this world without someone tearing us down and telling us that we need to rethink our ideas.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• LDay2014LDay2014 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    @cwradford
    Agreed...FI is marrying me BECAUSE I'm honest.  You can be honest and not mean.  I'm going to tell you what I think about something and not be a spineless Stepford Wife who just agrees with everyone for the sake of agreeing.  
    It's not like back in the day when women were seen and not heard. What is this, the 1800's?
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    cwradford said:

You know in all honesty I have a strong opinion that people like the OP, and other snowflakes, were raised to believe that their crap don't stink and that everyone in the world has to be nice to them, and believe that whatever they do is worthy of praise from the entire world. This is a misconception on their part. The world, and the people in it, do not owe you anything and if you can't act like an adult and figure out that other people are smarter than you sometimes and that listening to the advice of said smarter people will help you in the long run, than why do you even post?

I would rather have someone by honest with me, than just blow smoke up my ass.  But maybe that's because I was raised by two very honest people that made sure I knew that sometimes my crap smells worse than anyone else's, and that the world does not care about me and my accomplishments. 

BTW My FI loves my honest opinions.  He's a stand-up comedian though, and I'm a writer, we wouldn't be anywhere in this world without someone tearing us down and telling us that we need to rethink our ideas.

I'm going out on a limb here to say that he could probably go on a world tour with the material provided by these forums!
  • NdelibleNdelible member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    cwradford said:

You know in all honesty I have a strong opinion that people like the OP, and other snowflakes, were raised to believe that their crap don't stink and that everyone in the world has to be nice to them, and believe that whatever they do is worthy of praise from the entire world

I believe this encapsulates so much of the strain of meanness complaints. 

You have strong opinion?  Well, so do I and so do a lot of other people.  That doesn't mean any of us are right.  It's our opinion and, last time I checked, everyone was entitled to one

This is a misconception on their part. The world, and the people in it, do not owe you anything

Perhaps you are being judgmental and jumping to conclusions?  Maybe?  Just a thought...   

and if you can't act like an adult and figure out that other people are smarter than you sometimes and that listening to the advice of said smarter people will help you in the long run, than why do you even post?

Okay, now this one jumped out at me.  Who is smarter?  Wanna compare IQs or something?  GPA?  Income? Net wealth?  What?  Who is smarter than who is completely irrelevant.  Everything on this board is perspective.  Everything.  Opinions.  Thoughts.  Feelings.  Everything.  So, maybe I'm not too smart, cause I've been trying to figure out what it was that made so many posters just downright nasty.  Why didn't I see it?  It's condescension.  We are all people with lives, with feelings, with opinions and perspectives.  We come from different walks of life with different backgrounds, experiences and expectations.  My perspective says why the need to belittle people?  If you ask why are they posting here, I ask you the same.

Happiness is an inside job
  • @flantastic, thank you.  However, in the case of parties, food, décor and dresses, I think it pretty much is all about opinion.
    Happiness is an inside job
  • Ndelible said:
    @flantastic, thank you.  However, in the case of parties, food, décor and dresses, I think it pretty much is all about opinion.
    I hardly EVER see anyone here tear someone down about the wedding fluff like decor or their dress (if I don't like a dress, I just don't comment). 

They may state something isn't their style (which is totally fair when being asked for opinions by the OP). If people unnecessarily tear someone down, more often than not, they are called out on it. 

• Ndelible said:
    @flantastic, thank you.  However, in the case of parties, food, décor and dresses, I think it pretty much is all about opinion.
    The author acknowledged that matters of taste were entirely different. Those are all matters of taste, not an opinion on something to which opinions do not apply.

• I think the biggest problem here is that people call the regs nasty bitches, say "OMG I can't believe your husband actually married you!" And then they expect the opinions to change.  You want to call someone out on their shit, do it. But be prepared for the backlash.  Don't expect us to just be like "Omg, you're right. It IS perfectly okay for you to to dictate your BM's hair, makeup, shoes, make them pay for it, have a 6 hour gap. How DARE people take their gifts back!"  Umm... no.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards