Chit Chat

TKzillas

Re: TKzillas

• @Maggie0829 most landlines won't work anymore if the power goes out because they go through your cable line. Every single place that I tried to get a landline through said I had to sign a form stating that was the case.

Also, the busy signal thing has less to do with a landline and more to do with call waiting. If you have call waiting, the caller doesn't hear a busy signal.
    Huh, my installer (verizon) said it would work as long as I had a corded phone.

Now I want my electricity to go out for only 5 minutes so I can test it.  But no more then 5 minutes and when it comes back on I do not want to adjust all of my clocks.

I really hate it because you need an emergency phone. Can you go shut your power off and try?
  • @Maggie0829 most landlines won't work anymore if the power goes out because they go through your cable line. Every single place that I tried to get a landline through said I had to sign a form stating that was the case.

Also, the busy signal thing has less to do with a landline and more to do with call waiting. If you have call waiting, the caller doesn't hear a busy signal.

Now I want my electricity to go out for only 5 minutes so I can test it.  But no more then 5 minutes and when it comes back on I do not want to adjust all of my clocks.

I really hate it because you need an emergency phone. Can you go shut your power off and try?
    I think I will when I get home.  A back-up phone is definitely a mandatory thing.  I think people forget that those cell phones have batteries that can die and can't be recharged magically.

• I'm 25 and I don't think I have ever used a hashtag. When did it stop being called the pound sign, anyway?

Have you seen 'Olympus Has Fallen'? Gerad Butler's character is supposed to enter a code and the one dude says, 'Hashtag!' and he says, 'What's a hashtag?' and someone else jumps in and says, 'Shift-three!'

And then he saves the day.

Oh yeah! H and I laughed so hard at that!

My modem battery lasts about six hours, if I don't use the phone, one hour if I chat with a friend to entertain myself during a power outage. I found that out the hard way, during a ten day power outage. My cell phone battery lasts much longer than that and it's easy to recharge it in the car. 

• FiancB said:

AddieL73 said:

I still have my AOL accounts. Complete with slutty I'm-new-to-the-internet-and-want-to-appear-sexy screen names.

ASL?

Dear lord. I just lost it. That's fantastic. I ♡ you.

Anniversary
  • FiancB said:
    AddieL73 said:
    I still have my AOL accounts. Complete with slutty I'm-new-to-the-internet-and-want-to-appear-sexy screen names.
    ASL?
    HA! Water just came out of my nose on that one. Good job!
  • FiancB said:
    ASL?
    Those are my initials. I was sooooooooo confused when I first used AOL as a young teen. lol

Also, we do not have a landline phone. We use our cell phones for pretty much everything. However, we don't worry much about charging them during power outages (and we've had at least 3 a year for the last 3 or 4 years - multiday ones, at that) as we charge our phones in the car and we spent about $100 to buy a battery inverter. As long as it is charged (we always make sure to keep it charged), you can plug in phone chargers or other small appliances to provide power.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I just want to state.. as a 22 (almost 23) year old. I know what a busy signal is, dial up internet sounds like and a pound sign is.....

The only time I use hashtags is on Instagram (as actual searchable things such as #12man and #puppy)..oh and in conversation with @HisGirlFriday13..... #honest.... 
    Anniversary
  • Wow, I'm 27 and only got texting in December 2013. I used AIM, and I still use Yahoo Messenger with my mom. 

I believe I deserve a wine gif for coming home and reading through all 5 pages of this. Make that wine for everyone who responded...

For you!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Unfortunately still at work so no wine to accompany this read. :-(

OP there is something called grammar. Take A Class! How can you ask to be friends after some seriously rude ageist remarks and calling posters TKzillas? What are we 2? Grow up! You certainly will not last long here with that sort of mentality.
  • Cute Puppies!

(Horrible side note: Dead Puppies is now stuck in my head. Must look up song...)
  • Awww, puppy in a wreath!!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Yup. She's my little baby. So precious!
  • I wish I was allowed to have a dog in my complex. :( For now, I have 2 stuffed ones that serve as snuggle buddies (when FI isn't home) and back/neck support pillows.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• @JCBride2014, I for one really enjoyed this thread.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    @JCBride2014, I for one really enjoyed this thread.
    @lalalaurita I had to stop reading it on my iPad during class because I was afraid I would start laughing and give myself away!

ETA: And oh, I'm 26 and absolutely remember the dial-up sounds and busy signals.  I also remember negotiating with my mom about how long I could "tie up" the phone line with the internet connection!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Side note: I've also had to explain to people what a busy signal is.
    Seriously?

Who remembers this sound, raise your hands.

I had Prodigy in 1990

We had Prodigy, too! Kickin it old school today.
  • KPBM89KPBM89 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited February 2014
    Holy shit this thread is entertaining! Missed the action as it happened, but reading it all kinda felt like I was binge watching something on Netflix. But this is better than Netflix. 

• Dude, my friend had Prodigy and I was super jealous of her!! That shit blew my mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards