Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I'm embarrassed to be considered a Knottie right now

Re: I'm embarrassed to be considered a Knottie right now

• Options
    mimiphinmimiphin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014

what the hell is everyone talking about?

You don't want to know.....

ETA: My whole demeanor has gone from happy this morning to feeling ill now due to said thread.

• Options
    OH THANK GOD its closed!!!

• Options
    I'm so disgusted right now. I am not on TK very much because I prefer WW -- I'll take speshul snowflakes over straight-up cyberbullying. I feel so bad for that poor girl. I hope it gets resolved soon.
    That's a shame.  The thread in question def took a turn I was not expecting. . . a very bad one.  I'm not a big fan of censorship, and I think WW takes it waaaay too far, but I hope that thread is deleted soon to prevent any more damage.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    mimiphin said:

But it's still THERE -- the OP's personal information is STILL THERE for people to see. Closing the thread didn't solve the problem.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    mimiphin said:

But it's still THERE -- the OP's personal information is STILL THERE for people to see. Closing the thread didn't solve the problem.
    Yeah, let's please delete it.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    Not to mention some idiot decided it was cool to post the bride (and grooms) cell phone numbers on the thread for everyone to read.
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    The thread's finally locked, thank goodness.

I don't think I'm okay with either posting other people's personal info or even hinting people towards it. It's hard to keep everything off the internet or keep it confined to specific areas of the internet. But it's easy to not activity dig it up and share it for shits and giggles.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    mimiphin said:

Yeah, let's please delete it.
    Oh I completely agree, it just means that some KG is working on this issue right now -maybe- we can hope at least.

• Options
    Now that the thread is closed, I can't edit my comments to try to keep people from finding her site.  
  • Options
    Someone is still posting on their guestbook.
  • Options
    How about we all just move on?  What happened on that thread was uncalled (and definitely not expected nor justified) for but to make up another thread just to bitch about it more is pointless.

• Options
    ScoutF said:
    Someone is still posting on their guestbook.

Wth?!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    That thread escalated SO QUICKLY. While I think OP illustrated very, very poor judgement posting what she did on her wedding website, it didn't need to be thrown out here for funsies. She is clearly young and lacks some street smarts, but people were downright nasty to her.
  • Options

that thread is a complete shit show.   The OP's plans and her wedding website (yeah, I looked... but didn't post on it), is equally, a shit show.  But, that doesn't mean we have to sink so low and turn into raging assholes.   OP from the other thread - I hope you are still lurking and realize that your plans are horribly rude.   Even as much as having someone help welcome your guests and do the guest book.  Your plans, are bad.    But, that doesn't excuse some of the fucked up behavior seen here today.

• Options
    It's been deleted. Moving right along...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    It's gone poof.

About time!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

what the hell is everyone talking about?

It's gone, KGs finally deleted it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I don't think it's fair for any of us to go and speculate on who made the posts. As much as you may think it's one person, it could be a lurker for all we know. Hopefully, whoever it was gets banned. Hard.
    Good point. Ditto this. Should I edit or leave it?
    I think we should all just move on and let the TK Gods take care of whoever is at fault.
    I mean previous implicating post.
    Whatever you want to do but I am just hoping that this thread quickly dies.

• Options
    SammiNJonniSammiNJonni member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2014
    Who would do this? There was one time I reached out to someone after internet stalking to find them and that was the bride in the Jashley posts. I hope whoever did this is banned. We can joke about finding addresses to send metal chickens but it is never right to attack them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    PDKH said:
    Mods. That's all I want here. Mods. 
    Be careful what you wish for. . .

• Options
    PDKH said:
    Mods. That's all I want here. Mods. 
    Be careful what you wish for. . .
    Oh, I know. I was a lurker back then. But seriously. They need SOMETHING and SOMEONE to actively be on these boards making sure shit like this doesn't happen.
  • Options
    TeddiD34 said:

and there were a couple of comments as well. No biggie, 'just didn't think it was called for.

I think she was meaning some of the GIFS that were posted...

I take it you guys have never seen South Park or the South Park movie, then?

I have. I wasn't saying I didn't laugh. I was just chiming in but my post didn't save until after others had already commented so it was delayed and out of context.

In other news... it's free ice cream day at Ben and Jerry's....

So there is that.

• Options
    I can't believe that people arguing for appropriate behavior took to publishing her personal information on TK including contact #s. To shame her on her own wedding website is sad. It's one thing to point out the issues here but let's practice some safe behavior ok?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards