Wedding Etiquette Forum

I'm embarrassed to be considered a Knottie right now

Re: I'm embarrassed to be considered a Knottie right now

• Thank you, @KnotPorscha

I think we can all agree (at least those of us commenting in this thread) that things got way out of hand. I know you can't be around constantly but I hope that someone can keep monitoring the forums so stuff like this can be handled quickly and professionally.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Hey guys, once we track down who shared the personal information, they will be banned and deleted. 

No offense but wouldn't that be pretty clear? Like when you looked at the thread to decide to take it down, wouldn't you see that posting right in there?

• That thread was shocking...and so were the people who left nasty messages, however well deserved, on her guestbook.

I'm glad the thread at least is gone.  Things won't be as exciting, perhaps, but hopefully they won't get so nasty.

Stuck in Box
    How was it well deserved? It was borderline bullying with some of the comments.

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• Inkdancer said:
    Thank you, @KnotPorscha

I think we can all agree (at least those of us commenting in this thread) that things got way out of hand. I know you can't be around constantly but I hope that someone can keep monitoring the forums so stuff like this can be handled quickly and professionally.
    ditto this!
  • @Sarabridesoon - perhaps you should (if you can actually get an answer) ask the KGs to delete the thread.  It might be the best way to remove any vestiges of personal information that was there.
    I am going to follow this advice. The whole situation today has shown me that this just isn't worth it.
  • @Sarabridesoon - perhaps you should (if you can actually get an answer) ask the KGs to delete the thread.  It might be the best way to remove any vestiges of personal information that was there.
    I am going to follow this advice. The whole situation today has shown me that this just isn't worth it.
    I'd probably change your username as well if Sara is your real name. Better to be safe than sorry.
  • ScoutF said:
    @Sarabridesoon - perhaps you should (if you can actually get an answer) ask the KGs to delete the thread.  It might be the best way to remove any vestiges of personal information that was there.
    I'd probably change your username as well if Sara is your real name. Better to be safe than sorry.
    You guys are making me want to switch my name now... should I? Thoughts?
  • I am not going to change my name. There are a ridiculous number of Sara's in my state. I'm good.
  • I've had 3 different names. I also try to not give out too much personal information. There are some cray cray people on the internet.
    sexy, harry styles, best song ever, cute, beautiful, asdjglñlñ, marcel
  • Woah, people actually started reaching out on their website??? That's insane! That thread started out as a good hate read, but holy heck people, take a chill pill.
  • I think it would be good practice for everyone to Google their username and see if the things that come up are personally linked to you. Instagram, Twitter, Flickr, etc. You may not have shared any personal information here, but if you used the same username as on another site, and you shared more information on that site (as we've seen, as little as first name and state can go a long way) then you should probably change your username either here or on the other platform(s).

• lolo883 said:
    I think it would be good practice for everyone to Google their username and see if the things that come up are personally linked to you. Instagram, Twitter, Flickr, etc. You may not have shared any personal information here, but if you used the same username as on another site, and you shared more information on that site (as we've seen, as little as first name and state can go a long way) then you should probably change your username either here or on the other platform(s).
    Good point... only things that are mine are TB, TK, and TN activity. I kind of accepted that happening when I signed up. Stupid google :/
  • MrsMack10612MrsMack10612 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited April 2014
    I tried it too @amrhodes23. The only things that came up for me were my TK posts, I'm not entirely surprised as this is the only place I use this username. ETA: I also did my full FB name and even then only a few wedding registry related items and my mom's obituary are the only things that came up.

• The past couple of days have really tought me how scary easy it is to find personal info on the internet!
  • Honestly... it was far easier to "find people" 30 years ago when everyone had a home phone and address listed in the phone book. You just weren't exposed to as many people you might someday want to try and find. Now the net just makes it easier to piss off more people who then want to find you. And gives them more avenues by which to express themselves to you. (Or opens you to a wider range of creepers who want to peep your pictures, or whatever.)

• Hmmm this makes me want to change my TK username now. My first and last name are VERY common but I googled my TK SN and realized how quickly someone could put together who I am. 
  • Luckily when I Google my username only TK shows up. Well, so does TB and TN because I lurk over there sometimes but, have never commented or posted anything.

• I just feel really awful for the OP of that thread...hopefully she went to lunch and got KP's PM and didn't even have a chance to read those comments.
  • Cookie PusherCookie Pusher member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    Lucky for me Cookie Pusher is a fairly common username, and I am NONE of the results you find on Google. Even my real name (as uncommon as it sounds), brings up a handful of serious professionals with amazing credentials that are all within a couple of hours from me. And about a bazillion teenage girls in SE Asia. Guess it's more common than I thought!

ETA: Unless, of course, someone comes here specifically looking for me with nefarious intentions.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I have rsvp'd on two different wedding websites that were public as a joke. I feel like a total butthole. I guess I am a good example as to why wedding websites on TK should make passwords mandatory. Please do this!!!

That girl did not deserve what happened to her, at ALL. Posting on her guestbook was wayyyy out of line and really childish.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• jenna8984jenna8984 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    Sorry- it's refusing to keep my paragraphs. I just wanted to chime in. After the last 2 days with Sara's post and today's post, it has sufficiently creeped me out 1. how many people attempt to find your info online 2. how much personal info is available on a google search. There are many, many websites that list "public records" with your town, previous towns, address, age, relatives. I manually just spent the last two hours going to each one of these websites and "opting out". Some required me to create a free account before they would hide the info but that's fine. Here are a list of all the websites I found with public info on myself that I blocked in case you wish to do the same- ussearch.com intelius.com acxiom.com whitepages.com instantcheckmate.com peoplefinders.com peoplesmart.com mylife.com beenverified.com Scroll to the bottom and of their sites and either click on privacy policy, help, contact us and the opt out instructions are hidden in there.

• I googled my username and I was surprised at all the stuff that pops up. This is the only place I use this name but someone on twitter has it and some users on various message boards... And I thought I was being original. Lol.
  • I would like to point out that I am not affiliated with any of the photokitty sites you get when googling :-p I chose the name 7 years ago bc my college nickname was tiger and I am a photographer. And I do not take boudoir photos - not of me, not of others.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards