Wedding Etiquette Forum

I'm embarrassed to be considered a Knottie right now

Re: I'm embarrassed to be considered a Knottie right now

• mimiphin said:
    Lolo8383 said:
    MadHops21 said:
    I don't know if you guys know yet...but someone is signing the guest book with Knottie's usernames. Like GlitterWitch, HisGirlFriday, etc....
    OMG what the FUCK. 
    Now me, @Madhops21, dbraun09
    How can someone post under our names???

~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• Couggal12 said:

I started reading the thread then got pulled away from my desk and missed everything, darn. Sounds like it was a good thing though.

Did someone actually post someone's phone number on here? Or just linked their wedding website. Yes, I know I should just move along but, I'm curious now.  

The user posted her Cell number (which you can get on the wedding website) and the wedding website. Said user also said she is taking a few days to remember how to play well with others.

• OK I am really confused. I read this assuming it involved the thread with the bsc bride posting "not invited" lists and sending "honorary invitations". That thread should probably also be severely edited though because I figured out who it was without much issue, and whoever is being a scumbag with whatever it is that you're all talking about will likely do it there too.
  • They can use whatever name they want, so they are reading this thread and then posting on there.
    Anniversary

• edited April 2014
    MadHops21 said:
    Glitterwitch22 You're all in the Guest Book, someone is taking your usernames and posting them there. Just FYI. 
    @KnotPorscha @KnotJackie @KnotConcierge can anybody help with this? Above users plus @Madhops21@CheleLyndbraun09 are being impersonated and slandering another knottie on her website. 

I have no idea what people are talking about but from the looks of it, it can't be good.

• Thank you. Whoever it is is reading this thread because they posted as me about metal chickens.
    MadHops21 said:
    Glitterwitch22 You're all in the Guest Book, someone is taking your usernames and posting them there. Just FYI. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lolo8383 said:
    MadHops21 said:
    @KnotPorscha @KnotJackie @KnotConcierge can anybody help with this? Above users plus @Madhops21@CheleLyndbraun09 are being impersonated and slandering another knottie on her website. 
    Oh, and now me. Super. They're reading this post and copying over the usernames!

• How does the guestbook work?   

Been on the knot for 7+ years and never used the guestbook or even saw it.   Can someone just put anyone's name as the guest?

If so, for the record I never saw her personal information.  Never went to the page. I can't even remember her username. I  only saw the posts that it had occurred.   So if you see my name as a guest, then you know we are being messed with.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • dbraun09 said:
    They can use whatever name they want, so they are reading this thread and then posting on there.
    Ugh people suck.

~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• Did anyone else see the reference to my thread in the guest book?

I am going to go through and change the names in my thread because of this!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • banana468 said:
    Jen4948 said:
    banana468 said:
    That thread was shocking...and so were the people who left nasty messages, however well deserved, on her guestbook.

I'm glad the thread at least is gone.  Things won't be as exciting, perhaps, but hopefully they won't get so nasty.
    I hope you're not believing that she deserved the nasty messages.
    No.  She did open herself to criticism by her messages to Sara and her posts on Facebook, along with her FI's and her father's.  But no, there's a line between criticism and the nastiness she was subjected to, and people crossed that line that should have stayed uncrossed.  I hope that line won't get crossed again.
    Um...this didn't have anything to do with my post?
    This. I think people insinuated that they were the same but they aren't. They don't even live in the same country! The poor bride today was following things that she thought were perfectly fine and then she was publicly shamed on her own wedding website. She didn't do anything to her guests or their SOs.
    I missed this whole thing, am very confused, and appalled by what I am inferring occurred, ie bullying. But what was the initial bad etiquette of the original poster? 
  • lyndausvi said:

How does the guestbook work?   

Been on the knot for 7+ years and never used the guestbook or even saw it.   Can someone just put anyone's name as the guest?

If so, for the record I never saw her personal information.  Never went to the page. I can't even remember her username. I  only saw the posts that it had occurred.   So if you see my name as a guest, then you know we are being messed with.
    You can sign a wedding guestbook on the website with any name. I could use your name or Snow White.
  • Wow. I posted in the very beginning how crazy the "presentation" idea was then was gone a while for work. I guess it got out of hand. 
    SITB. Me too. Went to a 2 hour meeting, came back and all hell had broken loose. And now I'm being brought into the whole guest book thing?! 
    To whomever had asked, OP had asked about asking for cash only on her invitations. People said it was hella rude, and then... somebody went BSC.

• Did anyone else see the reference to my thread in the guest book?

I am going to go through and change the names in my thread because of this!

Yeah I just saw that. This is way past BSC in to BSCscary..

• Lolo8383 said:
    MadHops21 said:
      I also sent @KnotPorscha a PM in hopes that they can help in someway.  This poor bride. 

• Lolo8383 said:
    MadHops21 said:
    I don't know if you guys know yet...but someone is signing the guest book with Knottie's usernames. Like GlitterWitch, HisGirlFriday, etc....
    OMG what the FUCK. 
    They keep saying that they aren't registered.

She's right, they said that they are not registered on the Knot.
  • Well now, apparently I think harassing people on my lunch is "fun". This troll isn't trying very hard, it's obvious they are stealing names and trying to put in as many before the website it down or they get caught. 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • afox007afox007 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2014
    SaraBrideSoon Saw it and removed my comments about what sites of hers I found and any places I used her first name. 

At this point I am scared of Google. I even found every high school paper I ever wrote when I searched my name. 

ETA: I think us editing may be too little too late :(
  • @Sarabridesoon

We have a way bigger issue here now....

Thanks to snow white...

• I think we all could use some puppies right about now.

http://explore.org/live-cams/player/service-puppy-cam
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2014
    lilacck28 said:

banana468 said:

Jen4948 said:

banana468 said:

Jen4948 said:

That thread was shocking...and so were the people who left nasty messages, however well deserved, on her guestbook.

I'm glad the thread at least is gone.  Things won't be as exciting, perhaps, but hopefully they won't get so nasty.

I hope you're not believing that she deserved the nasty messages.

No.  She did open herself to criticism by her messages to Sara and her posts on Facebook, along with her FI's and her father's.  But no, there's a line between criticism and the nastiness she was subjected to, and people crossed that line that should have stayed uncrossed.  I hope that line won't get crossed again.

Um...this didn't have anything to do with my post?

This. I think people insinuated that they were the same but they aren't. They don't even live in the same country!

The poor bride today was following things that she thought were perfectly fine and then she was publicly shamed on her own wedding website. She didn't do anything to her guests or their SOs.

I missed this whole thing, am very confused, and appalled by what I am inferring occurred, ie bullying. But what was the initial bad etiquette of the original poster? 

She wanted to put a note on her invitations asking for cash only. She was ill-informed about wedding etiquette (thought that if she's feeding you she deserved a gift) and was also having a wedding fundraiser.

While her planning wad full of etiquette blunders, she didnt deserve to have her phone # posted or to have her wedding website ruined by bullies.

• I hope that you can see and ban the IPs of the posters who posted on her guest book.

sexy, harry styles, best song ever, cute, beautiful, asdjglñlñ, marcel
  • And the poster who put up the personal information, TWICE? @KnotPorscha, I messaged you but didn't get a response. I'm sure you're busy, just want to reiterate.
    Good point. @KnotPorscha, said poster clearly violated TOS, and egregiously so. Something should be done.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards