Chit Chat
Options

I judge...

Re: I judge...

• Options
    I judge the parents that buy their 18 year old a luxury car so their precious kid doesn't have to take the bus to university. A teenager doesn't need a $100,000 car.

I judge drivers that drive below the speed limit in the left lane, don't use blinkers, or don't look for pedestrians at cross-walks.

I judge my co-worker that complains about always being broke, but buys breakfast and lunch every day, goes to Starbucks twice a day and does countless other expensive things. 

I judge people that base their opinions on one thing they read on the internet without finding out if it's true. Ex. vaccines/autism

Anniversary
  • Options
    ashleyep said:
    PrettyGirlLost said:
    southernbelle0915 said:

I judge people who say "good morning, how are you?" and then walk out of the room before anyone says anything.. And just generally people who ask "how are you" and don't give a shit about the response. 

I also judge people who respond to "good morning, how are you?" with "well, it's Thursday!" or some other vanilla rendition thereof. What? What does that even mean? So you're good? Or things are terrible?

I judge people who leave their carts out in the middle of the parking lot when there are multiple cart corrals in every single aisle. No, pushing your cart in the middle of a group of cars is not a good solution. Lazy asshole. 

I judge Comcast for taking full advantage of their monopoly and charging $70/month for internet. No cable. Just internet.

I judge people who leave bits of toilet paper all over the bathroom floor. Did you bring your mom into the stall with you? No? Then pick up the shit you drop on the floor.
    Would you believe it was cheaper for us to get a triple bundle with Verizon than just getting cable and internet?  WTF?!  I don't need a land line.

I really, really hope the companies that want to offer a la cart cable channel service can win the legal battles that the cable companies are waging against them for fear of competition. ><  I want to pick and choose my channels. . . I don't need HSN or Lifetime!

Yep, us too. Both with FIOS and Comcast. We have a landline and no phone.

**********************SITB***************************

I'm going to have to look into this! 

DH was a pilot tester person (whatever they're called) for Aereo so we were getting awesome channels for a while. But then Aereo lost in court. We have a Roku which is sweet. We don't really watch that much TV, so it's no biggie. I just don't want to pay an arm and leg for internet!
    We pay a lot more than $70 for our triple play though. DH would love to toss cable, but I'm a sucker for mindless television.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I judge pedestrians who just blindly walk out into the crosswalk without pausing to look. I know they have the right of way, but when it's pitch black at 7:30am, and they're dressed all in black, it can be hard to see them. Just cos you have the right of way doesn't mean it won't hurt if someone's not paying attention and runs you over.

• Options
    ashleyep said:
    jenna8984 said:
    @prettygirllost TRUE THAT! I hate winters but I suck them up to have all the other amazing things New England has to offer.
    Like our beautiful FALL!!!

Yeah, I went there.  Deal with it, ppl.  Have the kids gone back to school?  Yes?  Then it's time for Fall.
    Kids aren't back yet where I live! Though they do go back before Labor Day this year, which is kind of odd considering how early Labor Day is this year.
    I judge the stupidity of the schools for having kids start right before Labor Day. . . push the start of the school year back until after Labor Day.  It's obnoxious to go to school for a day or two, then have a 3 day weekend.

Why in the hell do the schools do this?  Teacher contracts? Ugh.
    When it happens for us, it's cos of the number of days we're required to teach the kids (government regs). We don't teach past June 30th, so if that extra day or two before Labour day is going to push us into July, we go back in August instead.  Normally it's only when Labour day is later in Sept though.  But up here, it's regulated by the government, not teacher contracts.  Our contracts have to follow those regs.  
    Which is dumb as well, I think.  Time to change the regulations to be more logical.  Lol, like that will happen!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    I judge FI's ex wife/mother of his son. She doesn't pay child support, her half of school expenses, or the medical expenses that she's required to pay. She called us last night in tears because her phone was about to be turned off after she let her son's get turned off 2 months ago.

I also judge her because she's on government assistance and had a baby while in a monogamous homosexual relationship. I have no problem with lesbians having babies but both women have lost children from previous relationships due to neglect. She cheated, got pregnant, and now the government is paying for it. Both are capable of working but quit their jobs regularly. I firmly believe in the government providing help to those in need but she makes me question myself.

And, finally, I judge her because we just found out that she committed fraud and tried to include us. She can't claim FSS on her taxes, etc. because she's not the custodial parent. We don't want him buying lunch at school so he complains to his mom. He's got health issues that make the school lunches problematic (pre-diabetic with very high blood pressure) and isn't responsible enough to manage a week's worth of lunch money. He doesn't like to pack because he doesn't get the junk food that's available at school. Instead of giving him money to buy once a week or something like that, her response was to get him qualified for the free school lunch by lying and saying she has custody. We found out because she accidentally had the paperwork mailed to us. We're dealing with the school to fix the situation but have been told that we need an attorney to straighten things out with the state so we don't get implicated in the fraud. FI took a day off of work to handle it today.

I'm in a foul mood today and I judge the bitch harshly.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    New one: I judge people who hover and piss all over toilet seats. I defy anyone to tell me a genuinely good reason to do this--if we all sat (i.e., used the toilet the way it was designed to be used), there would be nothing "gross" about using it. The only reason it's gross? Because there's pee on it! Everyone, just agree to stop peeing on the seat, and we will have harmony in our lands!

I hate this so, so much. I am constantly wiping piss off toilet seats (and yes, then sitting my non-princess ass down--urine is sterile anyway; I just don't want to get wet). I can say with confidence that the incidence of people contracting diseases from toilet seats is close to zero, so please: can we stop this madness? When I'm at a bar and have broken the seal, I do NOT have time to deal with piss-splattered seats. It's just so unnecessary.
    Or the people who choose not to sit down could just clean up after themselves.  Put toilet paper down, use a seat cover, or just wipe the seat down after you pee.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    New one: I judge people who hover and piss all over toilet seats. I defy anyone to tell me a genuinely good reason to do this--if we all sat (i.e., used the toilet the way it was designed to be used), there would be nothing "gross" about using it. The only reason it's gross? Because there's pee on it! Everyone, just agree to stop peeing on the seat, and we will have harmony in our lands!

I hate this so, so much. I am constantly wiping piss off toilet seats (and yes, then sitting my non-princess ass down--urine is sterile anyway; I just don't want to get wet). I can say with confidence that the incidence of people contracting diseases from toilet seats is close to zero, so please: can we stop this madness? When I'm at a bar and have broken the seal, I do NOT have time to deal with piss-splattered seats. It's just so unnecessary.
    Or the people who choose not to sit down could just clean up after themselves.  Put toilet paper down, use a seat cover, or just wipe the seat down after you pee.
    Also an option! I amend my original stance to simply: Don't act like an animal!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options

I mean my cat manages to use the litter box without peeing everywhere else ;-)

• Options

You're right. SO rude to animals to put it that way. (Although my dog is not so fastidious. He's part dachshund, and just...can't be bothered to lift that tiny leg off the ground. I'm always holding it up out of his pee for him, like a dorky helicopter dog mom...)
  • Options
    I judge the people that come into my office and can't fill out a simple form. All I want is your full true and correct legal name, your current or future (if you're moving) mailing address, a phone number where I can call you and an e-mail address. You would not believe the amount of people that leave out middle names, get their phone number wrong, give the wrong e-mail. The thing that drives me the most crazy - when people give their address as 123 Sesame Street. No city, no province, no postal code. Or, if they have a post office box, they give their street address. Ugh.
  • Options
    Re weather judgements- its collective mentality in my part of the south, if you routinely get 2 ft of snow in the winter, know about tire chains and have salters for your roads, we will politely roll our eyes at you when you whine in the summer that its too hot where you live. You dont KNOW heat like we do.

I judge snow birds super hard when they arrive in Sept/October and bitch and moan "ohhh this is too hooot. Why is it sooo hooot? Its faaaalll". This is Florida, sweet cheeks. We dont get fall in north Florida until November. South Florida does not get fall, period. If you want cooler weather, go home to your snowplows. These are the same snowbirds who cant see, cant hear, but still drive like they are trying to get into nyc/try out for the latest fast and furious film.

I judge clothing makers, particularly those of blouses for women, who do not test their button down blouses on women with a c cup or bigger and therefore dont see the damn gap or pull in the space between buttons Right along the boobs. I don't like having to wear a sports bra just so theres a lack of gap, even in blouses that are big everywhere else on me.
  • Options

*********************************************************************************

• Options
    Re weather judgements- its collective mentality in my part of the south, if you routinely get 2 ft of snow in the winter, know about tire chains and have salters for your roads, we will politely roll our eyes at you when you whine in the summer that its too hot where you live. You dont KNOW heat like we do.

I judge snow birds super hard when they arrive in Sept/October and bitch and moan "ohhh this is too hooot. Why is it sooo hooot? Its faaaalll". This is Florida, sweet cheeks. We dont get fall in north Florida until November. South Florida does not get fall, period. If you want cooler weather, go home to your snowplows. These are the same snowbirds who cant see, cant hear, but still drive like they are trying to get into nyc/try out for the latest fast and furious film.

I judge clothing makers, particularly those of blouses for women, who do not test their button down blouses on women with a c cup or bigger and therefore dont see the damn gap or pull in the space between buttons Right along the boobs. I don't like having to wear a sports bra just so theres a lack of gap, even in blouses that are big everywhere else on me.
    Uh, yeah we do.  Why do you think we aren't living in the South?  We aren't living there because it's too fucking hot!  We get that. But 90 degrees and 100% humidity up here still fucking sucks!

You're right. SO rude to animals to put it that way. (Although my dog is not so fastidious. He's part dachshund, and just...can't be bothered to lift that tiny leg off the ground. I'm always holding it up out of his pee for him, like a dorky helicopter dog mom...)
    LOl!  Maybe he thinks he's already close enough to the ground, so why bother?

• Options
    I judge FI's ex wife/mother of his son. She doesn't pay child support, her half of school expenses, or the medical expenses that she's required to pay. She called us last night in tears because her phone was about to be turned off after she let her son's get turned off 2 months ago.

I also judge her because she's on government assistance and had a baby while in a monogamous homosexual relationship. I have no problem with lesbians having babies but both women have lost children from previous relationships due to neglect. She cheated, got pregnant, and now the government is paying for it. Both are capable of working but quit their jobs regularly. I firmly believe in the government providing help to those in need but she makes me question myself.

And, finally, I judge her because we just found out that she committed fraud and tried to include us. She can't claim FSS on her taxes, etc. because she's not the custodial parent. We don't want him buying lunch at school so he complains to his mom. He's got health issues that make the school lunches problematic (pre-diabetic with very high blood pressure) and isn't responsible enough to manage a week's worth of lunch money. He doesn't like to pack because he doesn't get the junk food that's available at school. Instead of giving him money to buy once a week or something like that, her response was to get him qualified for the free school lunch by lying and saying she has custody. We found out because she accidentally had the paperwork mailed to us. We're dealing with the school to fix the situation but have been told that we need an attorney to straighten things out with the state so we don't get implicated in the fraud. FI took a day off of work to handle it today.

I'm in a foul mood today and I judge the bitch harshly.

**************SITB ***************

She sounds like a peach.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I judge people who get upset with me when they're not approved for a store credit card. It's not my fault your credit score sucks, and you getting turned down and having a hissy fit means less money on my paycheck. I should be the one whose upset, not you.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Re weather judgements- its collective mentality in my part of the south, if you routinely get 2 ft of snow in the winter, know about tire chains and have salters for your roads, we will politely roll our eyes at you when you whine in the summer that its too hot where you live. You dont KNOW heat like we do. I judge snow birds super hard when they arrive in Sept/October and bitch and moan "ohhh this is too hooot. Why is it sooo hooot? Its faaaalll". This is Florida, sweet cheeks. We dont get fall in north Florida until November. South Florida does not get fall, period. If you want cooler weather, go home to your snowplows. These are the same snowbirds who cant see, cant hear, but still drive like they are trying to get into nyc/try out for the latest fast and furious film. I judge clothing makers, particularly those of blouses for women, who do not test their button down blouses on women with a c cup or bigger and therefore dont see the damn gap or pull in the space between buttons Right along the boobs. I don't like having to wear a sports bra just so theres a lack of gap, even in blouses that are big everywhere else on me.
    I do know southern heat. Very, very well. And let me tell you- I would take Tallahassee summer days over 100+ degrees on the subway in NYC any day of the week.
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    On the driving thing, I judge those who think that the left lane is a fast lane and not a PASSING LANE.   Newsflash:  If you're in the left lane and not passing people, you're BREAKING THE LAW.   Move over! 

Is that always true? (I don't even drive anymore, don't hate me!). But in some states I swear I've seen "slower traffic keep right" signs. And on a crowded (but not backed up) highway, it would be ridiculous to have everyone on the right side and a few people constantly popping out to "pass" when really they just want to go slightly, consistently faster than the right-hand people. 

I find it obnoxious when someone is hanging out in the left lane and doesn't see me creeping up on them (just as I find it obnoxious when someone creeps up on me when I'm in the right lane rather than just passing me). But I guess I don't see a problem with being in the left lane as long as you get out of it when someone faster is coming. I'm probably missing something.
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    On the driving thing, I judge those who think that the left lane is a fast lane and not a PASSING LANE.   Newsflash:  If you're in the left lane and not passing people, you're BREAKING THE LAW.   Move over! 

Is that always true? (I don't even drive anymore, don't hate me!). But in some states I swear I've seen "slower traffic keep right" signs. And on a crowded (but not backed up) highway, it would be ridiculous to have everyone on the right side and a few people constantly popping out to "pass" when really they just want to go slightly, consistently faster than the right-hand people. 

I find it obnoxious when someone is hanging out in the left lane and doesn't see me creeping up on them (just as I find it obnoxious when someone creeps up on me when I'm in the right lane rather than just passing me). But I guess I don't see a problem with being in the left lane as long as you get out of it when someone faster is coming. I'm probably missing something.
    You can be the faster car in the left lane as long as you move to the right to let someone pass.   The issue is when you become a "left lane vigilante" and decide that the guy behind you shouldn't go faster than you because you're going fast enough.    

There are some vehicles that should not be in the left lane at all - especially when you're dealing with a 3 lane highway.   The "slower cars keep right" is often posted in hilly areas to note that vehicles like tractor trailers, buses and cars towing trailers stay to the right side. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

You can be the faster car in the left lane as long as you move to the right to let someone pass.   The issue is when you become a "left lane vigilante" and decide that the guy behind you shouldn't go faster than you because you're going fast enough.    

There are some vehicles that should not be in the left lane at all - especially when you're dealing with a 3 lane highway.   The "slower cars keep right" is often posted in hilly areas to note that vehicles like tractor trailers, buses and cars towing trailers stay to the right side. 
    AH, I see. We are definitely on the same page, then! I was imagining your meaning to be that people had to be actively passing, then getting back in the right lane even if it's busy/crazy/illogical to do so. We are in total agreement about not "hogging" the left lane (while going a mere 5 over...gah!).
  • Options
    Speaking of weather...I truly love all seasons. By the time one is almost over I'm ready for the next. I made the comment the other day about how I was glad it was almost fall because the heat was insane. They looked at me and said, "Um you said at the beginning of summer how glad you were it wasn't cold anymore! Don't complain about what you asked for!" I looked at them and was like, "You're right I did say that. But that doesn't mean I want summer all of the time."

• Options
    banana468 said:

banana468 said:

On this note, I judge buses and tractor trailers who go up a certain hill on my commute in the left lane. Congratulations on fucking up the flow of traffic asshole.

Anniversary
  • Options
    banana468 said:

I think the bolded is an important key to the left lane driving debate.  Regardless of how fast you're going, if the person behind you wants to go faster, you should move.  It isn't your job to enforce traffic laws, and what's the point in purposely pissing off someone who is probably already a d-bag if they're riding up your ass on the highway anyway?

Also, this sounds crazy, but I always imagine that the person hauling ass could be having an emergency.  I regularly drive 2 highways that intersect near our local baby factory hospital.  Every year babies are born on those 2 highways while people are trying to make it to the hospital.  So basically, I try to think less, "you're a jerk for wanting to drive so much faster than the flow of traffic," and more, "okay, I don't know for sure that you aren't having an emergency..."  Idk, I'm probably weird.

• Options
    banana468 said:

As long as there are still cars to your right who you're passing, you're fine. You don't have to duck in and out of the right lane around every car. But once that clears you're supposed to move over so you don't even have to worry about faster cars coming up behind you. Traffic moves so much more smoothly when everyone passes and then gets back to the right.

• Options
    I have another one!

I judge people who judge my relationship. Yes coworker/peer you have been with your boyfriend longer than V and I have been together. Still doesn't give you the right to label us as "still in the honeymoon phase". You don't know our relationship or our goals together. We will decide what our relationship is or isn't. So you can shove it grrrr.
  • Options
    I judge pedestrians who just blindly walk out into the crosswalk without pausing to look. I know they have the right of way, but when it's pitch black at 7:30am, and they're dressed all in black, it can be hard to see them. Just cos you have the right of way doesn't mean it won't hurt if someone's not paying attention and runs you over.
    I was just going to say something about this!

Yes, pedestrians technically have the right of way a lot of times.  THIS DOES NOT TAKE AWAY PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY TO NOT PUT YOURSELF IN A DANGEROUS SITUATION.

Do people really need to be reminded of basic safety rules?  I walk my dog at night a lot, and I never see people wearing bright/ reflective clothing or even bring flashlights!

One time, I got stuck at work and was biking home in the dark.  While I looked like a GD Christmas tree, I almost REAR ENDED ANOTHER BIKER ON MY BIKE because they were wearing all black!  You're on the road!  It's not about how cool you look, it's about making sure that drivers can see you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm judging the assholes who were supposed to be running the conference call I've been holding for the last 22 minutes who never called in. I'm sure the meeting is going on without me. Good luck getting coordination on our metrics presentations when you WON'T FUCKING CALL IN TO THE CONFERENCE NUMBER YOU GAVE ME.

• Options
    lulu411 said:
    SJM7538 said:
    I judge women who take pictures of their feet at tue beach or by the pool and scream "eeek it's summer!" 

I also judge every person on my FB feed that posts how excited they are for hoodies, bonfires and pumpkin flavored everything in the fall. And it's been unseasonably cool her in MA the last few weeks so it's already started. I love fall too but they post the same thing every damn year. 

And I second the Judging "every kid gets a trophy" Mentality. Drives me nuts. IMO that puts kids on the road to not learning they need to work hard for success and being big softies.
    Bolded: YES. Only because I live in central Alabama where it is NOT cool enough for hoodies and bonfires until friggin January. And that's not fall, that's the dead of winter. I want to comment on every one of their posts saying, "Wear your hoodie and go to your bonfire alone because it's Alabama and it's still 80 degrees in October"

Maybe I'm just bitter haha
    Y'all, I get so excited for hoodie season. I seriously will wear shorts so that I can be cold enough to get away with wearing a hoodie as early as socially acceptable, even though I'm in NE Alabama. I have a collection of them from places we go. I had one for every year we went to NYC (totaling 5, and I can tell you which year each one is), and I had one from the North Shore in HI, but two of the NYC ones and the HI one burned. :( I'll hopefully be able to order replacements though; I need to look into that. I've got one from Savannah now, and I'll be getting hoodies (if I can find them) in London and Paris this Christmas. I need to up my quantity of Auburn ones as well. 

...clearly I have a problem.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards