Chit Chat

I judge...

Re: I judge...

• This will probably make me sound like a huge b**** but I judge some of my co-workers that come to the office with no makeup on and nothing in their hair. I mean, why not just try a little?!
    You would hardcore judge me 97.5% of the time then. I don't wear makeup, don't put product in my hair, and generally either wear it 100% down or 100% up with just a black ponytailer. Today I went fancy and did a little makeup on my eyes and used a khaki ponytailer that matches my pants. :D (I know you meant it differently than it came across, but I choose not to wear makeup because just simple eye makeup like what I did today makes my eyes feel like they're dragging on my desk, no matter what I use. I don't even know why.)

I try not to judge people. I don't like to be judged. I know I do it though, and it's something I actively combat. 

That being said, I do judge people who are cruel about things they don't agree with. There was a lady in my office talking about another lady who had just left who had tattoos visible out from her sleeves. She was saying all sorts of derogatory things about people with tattoos and how it was tacky and trashy, and how everyone with tattoos will regret them. It was everything I could do to not snap back asking how trashy I was with my four that mean the world to me. It's fine to not agree with them, but don't call someone trashy just because they have tattoos. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I judge my neighbor for allowing her children to run wild, scream/cry/beg for things they want, and just generally have no rules. 

True story example: I was having a conversation with her and her child was screaming about a popsicle; sobbing; and alternating between pulling on her clothes/arms, hitting her and throwing herself on the ground in a boneless tantrum. The mom acted like nothing was happening and like we were just having a normal conversation. Bizarre. 
    To a certain degree, I can actually understand that parenting approach.   The kid is doing something to get a rise out of mom.   Mom's non-reaction is the exact opposite reaction the kid craves.      It's showing the child that he won't get what he wants and she doesn't make a scene.

That said, I'm with you that if the kid is never disciplined, I judge the parents.   I often feel guilty (cue pregnancy/mom hormones) for being strict with DD but I feel it's important for her to know that I have no tolerance for her hitting others or calling me stupid.

I judge parents who don't vaccinate. 
  • I judge racists, bigots, misogynists, etc. - especially ones who justify themselves by saying stupid shit like "I can't be racist, I have black friends!" If you constantly point out people's race/country of origin/gender for no reason, you have issues. 

I judge people who gripe about how "poor" they are while they're driving fancy cars, live in fancy houses, buy expensive things, go on expensive trips, constantly go out to eat, etc. You're not poor, you just spend inefficiently. Bonus points if you judge others for living modestly and within their means.

I judge people who will step on others just to get ahead.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I judge racists, bigots, misogynists, etc. - especially ones who justify themselves by saying stupid shit like "I can't be racist, I have black friends!" If you constantly point out people's race/country of origin/gender for no reason, you have issues. 

Yes.  I have several friends who have been majorly profiling the Ferguson, MO situation and the ISIS situation.  That is bugging the crap out of me.

• It also is because I can lose respect of my co-workers for being too feminine. I'm an engineer, one of twenty guys. It also doesn't fucking change the way I do my job. 
    Omg I just can't quote for my life today...

I am an engineer too.  I get endless shit if I even wear a skirt to work, much less put on makeup.  I also work in a lab environment so dressing up is a no-go.  

I judge bad drivers and people so brainwashed (by organizations, society, cable news networks) that they are unable to have an original thought or think outside the box.  
  • Inkdancer said:
    I judge my neighbor for allowing her children to run wild, scream/cry/beg for things they want, and just generally have no rules. 

True story example: I was having a conversation with her and her child was screaming about a popsicle; sobbing; and alternating between pulling on her clothes/arms, hitting her and throwing herself on the ground in a boneless tantrum. The mom acted like nothing was happening and like we were just having a normal conversation. Bizarre. 
    She may have been trying to break her child of the tantrum habit. The best way to end a tantrum is to ignore it and not give in.
    She gave her kid the popsicle in the end. I should not have left that out, I suppose.

I am not a parent and I don't know a lot about parenting, so serious question: in a situation like this, why can't the mom address the screaming child and say "No, you cannot have a popsicle. Behave yourself." and if the child does not behave herself, she receives some kind of punishment, like going to her room, timeout, losing TV privileges, etc. 

I guess in my mind, I get that a parent wants to condition the child that temper tantrums won't result in anything. However, when others are around, it seems super rude to just let your kid scream uncontrollably and literally do nothing. I'm talking screaming to the point where those conversing have to say "what?!" and "I'm sorry, I can't hear you..."
    *********************************************************************************

• I also judge people who follow diet fads and then complain about their dietary restrictions.  Look, eat whatever you want, I don't care, but don't bitch about the lack of cheese and bread in your life when you aren't lactose intolerant or don't have Celiac disease. 

Ditto Cookie Pusher; I judge people who live beyond their means.  When I worked in a bankruptcy firm and used a dumb phone and drove an older car and did my own nails and clients came in with fresh mani/pedis, professionally done hair and driving Mercedes...and then sobbing that they can't pay their creditors.  Yeah...

• Inkdancer said:
    I judge my neighbor for allowing her children to run wild, scream/cry/beg for things they want, and just generally have no rules. 

She may have been trying to break her child of the tantrum habit. The best way to end a tantrum is to ignore it and not give in.
    She gave her kid the popsicle in the end. I should not have left that out, I suppose.

I am not a parent and I don't know a lot about parenting, so serious question: in a situation like this, why can't the mom address the screaming child and say "No, you cannot have a popsicle. Behave yourself." and if the child does not behave herself, she receives some kind of punishment, like going to her room, timeout, losing TV privileges, etc. 

I guess in my mind, I get that a parent wants to condition the child that temper tantrums won't result in anything. However, when others are around, it seems super rude to just let your kid scream uncontrollably and literally do nothing. I'm talking screaming to the point where those conversing have to say "what?!" and "I'm sorry, I can't hear you..."
    If DD ever gets to that point then I stop the conversation with the adult to say, "You need to let Mommy talk."    Then I offer an alternate thing for the child to do for the moment  and usually say something to let her know that her antics will result in NO POPSICLES.    

However one night we had friends over and despite making great roasted potatoes, she whined about wanting noodles.    It was just easier to give her the noodles to be able to enjoy the night with friends than to stand my ground and say if she didn't eat the potatoes then she wouldn't eat.   She's strong-willed enough to go to bed with no food in her belly and then the following morning she'll puke.   It's happened twice. 
  • I know this sounds bad, but as an accountant I judge the way people spend their money. I know it's their money, they can do whatever they like but doesn't mean they are getting side-eyed from me.

One couple we know is always complaining that they have 2 kids in a 2 bedroom apt (owned by a family member who doesn't charge them rent) and they need 3 rooms now that the opposite sex kids are getting older but they can't afford to move into a larger space. The wife is a SAHM. So...the husband is bragging on FB about his new $10,000 motorcycle which is just for fun, not his everyday ride to work. Cool, so you claim you can't afford rent but your brother says you paid cash for the bike....

Or my brother who's been saying for 3 years that he's going to use his tax return on a fence in the backyard. Still no fence, so whatcha doing with the money?

My friend spent her 5k tax return on boob job....because that couldn't have been better spent on stuff for/ college savings for your 3 kids?

I know it's not my business but I don't care, I think the kids need to come before your personal wish list. Or at least keep your splurges to yourself and don't broadcast them.

• I'm judging the ever living shit out of one of my friends right now. No seriously guys, I've got my super McJudgey judge pants on for this girl. 

K so she's my age (28) and her husband is 29, so we're all the same age group. Her and her husband aren't working right now, he takes the odd temp job here and there and she babysits a few days a week, but nothing real steady like. But ya know, bills. So they'd been staying with her mom to save money but her mom decided to downsize from her 4 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom condo and told them to hit the bricks. I mean nicely but basically, you're grown ass adults act like it. So they get an apartment but ya know, no jobs=no money (they were working at the time but then she quit her job and his ended because it was a temp job).

So what do they do? Oh, they hit up his parents. His parents are much better off then her mom and for some stupid reason think funding the lifestyle of a two nearly 30-somethings is a good plan. So they agree to pay their rent for the next year, all their utilities, cable and internet, and after some whining agree to pay off their car so they don't have to make car payments and can have lower insurance. So all they have to pay for is their car insurance and gas, credit card bills, and her student loan.

Now, frankly, kiss your ILs feet for being so nice and get some fucking jobs, right? Nope, they go back to her mom and say "Please, if you could just help with the car insurance..." so mom agrees to pay up their insurance for the next 6 months. 

Alright, so yes, I'm judging them for this shit. You got married, you're able body grown ups of sound minds, get your asses to work. But both of them are trying to find something their "passionate" about. They've both quit jobs because they "didn't like them", oh you don't like your job? Welcome to adult-hood. It sucks but the good news is we can drink. 

But then she's telling me how hard it is to be unemployed and have no money and I just don't understand what it's like. You're right, I don't understand. Because I got up off my ass and went to work and still had no money. So I don't know what it's like to sit around and do fucking nothing all day and have my bills paid. Sounds terrible. Really. Your life. It's hard. 

I'm also judging myself because I've decided to go to work just wearing yoga pants and a tank top. I'm just so comfy right now and I don't want to put on real clothes. 
  • I'm judging rayon right now. Damn you rayon shirt, why'd I waste 5 minutes steaming you this morning only for you to wrinkle as soon as I put my seat belt on and make me look like I just crawled out of bed?

• OH OH SOMETHING ELSE! Clients who come in this office thinking that they are literally the only person with whom one of the lawyers has to interact with during the day. No, just because you're a pissy bitch, or just because you brought your boss, or whatever makes you the sooper speshul snowfwake of the day, doesn't mean Bossman or his friends have the time to see you without an appointment. 

ALSO other lawyers who come in asking for one of the lawyers in my office just to jaw. "NO. Bossman is WITH A CLIENT. GTFO." "NO. I don't even WORK with Mr. Back Lawyer. I don't know where he went. Half the time I don't even know IF he went, or if he's here and just ignoring me. AGAIN GTFO." 

It's lucky I have the pretending skills I do, because I have zero actual people skills.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • jenna8984 said:

My friend spent her 5k tax return on boob job....because that couldn't have been better spent on stuff for/ college savings for your 3 kids?

I thought boob jobs cost more than 5K... How much does a good job actually cost? Anyone?
    *********************************************************************************

• jenna8984 said:

I thought boob jobs cost more than 5K... How much does a good job actually cost? Anyone?
    I've heard they cost around 10K for a good one. But I've also seen copons for them so...(not the good ones)
  • MagicInk said:
    jenna8984 said:

I've heard they cost around 10K for a good one. But I've also seen copons for them so...(not the good ones)
    They're generally between $4-5k here.

• MagicInk said:
    jenna8984 said:

They're generally between $4-5k here.
    lol she's down south so low cost of living probably affects it too

• My college roommate spent her student loan check on a boob job.  Major judgment!

• I have another one!

I judge companies who don't pay their bills. I do pre-collections calls, and I think I've heard every excuse in the book for why someone didn't pay in time. My favorite is "Oh, well, we never got a bill." Bitch, you're the one who placed the order. You received the product you ordered. You're responsible for paying the bill. If you didn't get one the first month, why didn't you call and inquire? When you didn't get a bill the second month, why didn't you call and inquire? You signed the contract with the net 30 billing outlined. I mailed your bill to the same address I mailed your product (which you received just fine!), so I know it went to the right place. I'm pretty sure Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Amex wouldn't give a shit if you "didn't get the bill" - they'd expect to get paid by the due date. I mean, geez, we don't even charge interest when you're late. Don't give me a million excuses about why you can't pay your damn bill now that you DO know about it!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    My boob job cost 5k, but that was almost 20 years ago.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    @larrygaga‌ I totally agree with you and judge this crazy woman for raising her daughter vegan, for her having no vaccinations, and for never having taken her to a doctor. She had a midwife birth so the THREE year old has never seen a doctor. She wears size 18 month size clothes. The baby's dad is 6'6", but the little one will be lucky to be four feet tall. I so want to call CPS.
  • I judge myself for baking bread rather than studying.

I am pre-judging myself for eating half of a baguette.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OH OH SOMETHING ELSE! Clients who come in this office thinking that they are literally the only person with whom one of the lawyers has to interact with during the day. No, just because you're a pissy bitch, or just because you brought your boss, or whatever makes you the sooper speshul snowfwake of the day, doesn't mean Bossman or his friends have the time to see you without an appointment. 

ALSO other lawyers who come in asking for one of the lawyers in my office just to jaw. "NO. Bossman is WITH A CLIENT. GTFO." "NO. I don't even WORK with Mr. Back Lawyer. I don't know where he went. Half the time I don't even know IF he went, or if he's here and just ignoring me. AGAIN GTFO." 

It's lucky I have the pretending skills I do, because I have zero actual people skills.
    Good lord THIS. Tell me about it, seriously.  Or clients that come in and throw a temper tantrum, kicking and screaming, because Bossman is full of appointments today.  This is not a bloody walk in clinic, people.
  • I judge people (on TK and IRL) who accept huge amounts of financial help from their parents, and then complain when their parents try to control their financial decisions. Um, your dad is paying your rent/ for your wedding/ for your school. Yes, he gets a say in your finances.

I judge people who assume they know what others are going through as PPs said. Heck, we could have the exact same disease/ financial situation/ job, but each person experiences things differently. Also the one upping. I once had a friend try to tell me that she grew up lower middle class and commiserate about finances. Later she mentioned, I kid you not, her family's sailboat. She grew up in one of the richest towns in MA. So I guess compared to her local friends she was middle class. But huge house, brand name clothes, family sailboat equals well-off in my book.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• @larrygaga‌ I totally agree with you and judge this crazy woman for raising her daughter vegan, for her having no vaccinations, and for never having taken her to a doctor. She had a midwife birth so the THREE year old has never seen a doctor. She wears size 18 month size clothes. The baby's dad is 6'6", but the little one will be lucky to be four feet tall. I so want to call CPS.

@nycmercedes I would absolutely call CPS because it sounds like that baby is malnourished. If nothing else it should result in the baby seeing a doctor & a paper trail being started.
  • AddieCake said:
    This will probably make me sound like a huge b**** but I judge some of my co-workers that come to the office with no makeup on and nothing in their hair. I mean, why not just try a little?!

SITB

Meh....I am a big wearer of makeup and doer of hair, but it's not like not wearing makeup makes them incompetent at their job or is tacky in some way. Now, if they were doing their makeup AT work or coming dressed in pajama bottoms, that I judge. 
    One of my coworkers leaves the office in the middle of the day to go yoga, and comes straight back - still wearing yoga pants, throws on a regular shirt but I'm pretty sure no bra, with the way her boobs hang to her waist, still has sweat in her hair. It's disgusting. She's an upper-level manager.

***STUCK***

I know you posted this to "judge", but is it bad that I still want to work there?! A job with no bra required?! Please sign me up!!! 
  • Oh, oh, oh I'm being super judgey right now! I'm at the park with my charges who are happily playing. This kid who cannot be more than 3 comes up to his mom who is sitting next to me and starts asking for "pop". I'm thinking she has popsicles for snack. Nope. 3 year old drinking fully caffeinated coca-cola. *face palm* please, stop setting your child up for a lifetime of health issues!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards