Options

Asking a friend to be an Usher instead of a Groomsmen

Re: Asking a friend to be an Usher instead of a Groomsmen

• Options
    arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    sam802 said:

at this point i'm wondering how many people this really will go. but sooo many people love t post! This was a real question and I got my real advice lllloooonnnnggg ago. i'm merely being polite and answering other questions now.

What flavor of cake are you serving?
  • Options
    sam802 said:
    even sides are not important. I don't know why people have missed that he's said "HE DIDN'T WANT THEM AS GROOMSMEN" but to have a part
    We didn't miss it, we just didn't believe you after you gave so many different and vague answers.

• Options
    couldn't decide to ask them to be ushers or not...not groomsmen or ushers

• Options
    sam802 said:

Troll, seriously, this is just stupid. Don't have ushers, don't have GMS, hell don't have a big poofy dress. Just pick what you want and don't want and stop running in circles.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    sam802 said:
    We heard THAT, but we didn't believe that he only wanted 4 GM because he wanted 4 GM, rather than only picked 4 because you told him he was allowed to have 4, or because he assumed (wrongly) that the sides had to match. And then you said things about tassels, and now I kinda just think you're trying to get a posting badge.

• Options
    @sam802 - Being just an usher, in my opinion, is a shitty job.  It is not an honor.  I don't see how helping people to their seat is an honor.  So with that said, if your FI really wants them to have a special role in your day, then they should either be GMs or readers (if you are having any type of reading).  And since your FI does not want them to be GM then just have them be guests because being a guest is pretty darn special.

• Options
    I don't know what you mean about badges lolo, this is my first time thread posting. if he wrongly assumes, then he can have them, but my impression is that he doesn't want them to be groomsmen but still be included. I think they should be guests and just invite them to the party stull if he really wants to include them them...but as most of you agree, asking to be an usher is an insult.

• Options
    Phew what a madness this thread is! I swear I left the thread for a few hours and it's berserk in here!! Ok everyone, we need refreshments!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Omg, this thread is insane....and so dumb.

FYI, you can't make a judgement call on someone's friendship because "they almost never see each other."  

I see my best friend maybe twice a year.  We're lucky if we get to talk once a month.  I haven't seen my other best friend for two years, and we are only able to catch up about every three months.  It doesn't mean I love them any less.  They are my best friends.  It doesn't matter that they live in different states or that we rarely get a chance to talk.  We have lives.  We're busy people.  It's okay.  

• Options
    xx802xxxx802xx member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    I'm pretty new at this and didn't expect to be attacked by some people, called a troll or an idiot. I thought I'd get supporting people who gave simple advice and maybe that was my mistake. No one can say "you weren't being attacked" because that's the emotion and reaction of there person who states that. So thank you to those who have helped (many have), but those who really have just given unneeded comments, I don't know why you were so rude to a stranger.  thanks

• Options
    sam802 said:
    I don't know what you mean about badges lolo, this is my first time thread posting. if he wrongly assumes, then he can have them, but my impression is that he doesn't want them to be groomsmen but still be included. I think they should be guests and just invite them to the party stull if he really wants to include them them...but as most of you agree, asking to be an usher is an insult.
    Oh trust me, I knew that.

• Options
    Wow... Reading the last 8 pages was mind numbing. I think I just got dumber. If picking people to be in your wedding is this complicated and strenuous I can't even imagine what the rest of the decisions are going to be like. I mean - these are people. Not colors, or cake flavors or any other little arbitrary detail.
  • Options
    hellohkb said:
    (Insert Twilight Zone gif here) What the fuck is this shit
    Right?  Get busy at work for a few hours and......BOOMimage

• Options
    beethery said:
    This is so stupid. I LIKE FOUR. I LIKE TURTLES!!!!
    I like three.  And sloths.  And pizza.

AND SLOTHS FLYING ON PIZZA.

That's bc Three is a Magic Number!!!

:kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    sam802 said:
    I'm pretty new at this and didn't expect to be attacked by some people, called a troll or an idiot. I thought I'd get supporting people who gave simple advice and maybe that was my mistake. No one can say "you weren't being attacked" because that's the emotion and reaction of there person who states that. So thank you to those who have helped (many have), but those who really have just given unneeded comments, I don't know why you were so rude to a stranger.  thanks

• Options

Too bad @JennyColada is on her honeymoon and can't magically turn this into a thread about pankcakes.

• Options
    chibiyuichibiyui member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    sam802 said:
    I'm pretty new at this and didn't expect to be attacked by some people, called a troll or an idiot. I thought I'd get supporting people who gave simple advice and maybe that was my mistake. No one can say "you weren't being attacked" because that's the emotion and reaction of there person who states that. So thank you to those who have helped (many have), but those who really have just given unneeded comments, I don't know why you were so rude to a stranger. . thanks
    That's Bitch Pudding to you. image

Anniversary
  • Options
    OMG I stopped at page 4

• Options
    cafarrie said:

For what it's worth, I know the sides don't HAVE to be even - but I think it look's really silly and I'm kind of OCD about things being symmetrical :).  That's just me though, and I would never think twice if someone had a different number.  

I hate symmetry. It's unnatural and looks fake.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    sam802 said:

Very few of you have provided me with information that actually suits my question of would you or have you asked someone to be an usher and were they offended it was to be an usher instead of a groomsmen. We WANT 4, This isn't about maybe having 6. It's asking 2 friends to be an usher or not asking them at all.

Then just fucking ask them!!! If they are offended then they are offebded. You can't control the feelings of other ppl anyways.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    sam802 said:

pink revenge, your right. Some people gave great advice and some people simply said have 6 GM when the question isn't about 6GM...it's about having 2 ushers. My Fiance has technically chosen his 4 GM's. But he feels bad about not having 2 others involved and we wanted advice on if people thought they would be offended if asked to be Ushers.

YEEEEEEEEES!

Typically experiencing feelings of guilt mean you fucked up. . .

• Options
    kasmith1 said:

Too bad @JennyColada is on her honeymoon and can't magically turn this into a thread about pankcakes.

Omg, I just found a waffle mix that H and I LOVE. I'm rediscovering how tasty waffles are!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards