Chit Chat

Walking Dead!!! *Show Spoilers only!!*

Re: Walking Dead!!! *Show Spoilers only!!*

• kat1114 said:

emmaaa said:
    emmaaa said:
    tcnoble said:
    So backtracking to when the episodes were still exciting... is it safe to assume Noah is the one coming out of the woods with Daryl? 
    I think so because Daryl tries to go after Carol and Noah makes the statement that they have a lot of people and Daryl says, "So do we." To me that means he's going to go get the gorup to come help/
    Noah is probably with him, but I'm still under the impression that something is wrong and that someone is being held hostage and Daryl is the look ahead.  Maybe it's Morgan?
    Speaking of which. Where the fuck is Morgan? 
    Fair point. They made a point to introduce him early on and we haven't seen him since. 
    Spoiler Alert:
                                        According to IMDb he doesn't show back up until the episode "Coda" which is number #8 - so two more episodes.
    But two more episodes is the fucking lame ass mid-season finale! So we have wait till effing 2015 to see him?!!! ARGH! 
    Feb. 8, 2015 to be exact.
    You guys sure?  I even checked the schedule on the Official website and it says that episode airs on the 30th.
    Coda will show on the 30th, but then it pauses for the mid-season break until February (thanks Wikipedia!)
  • kat1114 said:
    kat1114 said:

emmaaa said:
    emmaaa said:
    tcnoble said:
    So backtracking to when the episodes were still exciting... is it safe to assume Noah is the one coming out of the woods with Daryl? 
    I think so because Daryl tries to go after Carol and Noah makes the statement that they have a lot of people and Daryl says, "So do we." To me that means he's going to go get the gorup to come help/
    Noah is probably with him, but I'm still under the impression that something is wrong and that someone is being held hostage and Daryl is the look ahead.  Maybe it's Morgan?
    Speaking of which. Where the fuck is Morgan? 
    Fair point. They made a point to introduce him early on and we haven't seen him since. 
    Spoiler Alert:
                                        According to IMDb he doesn't show back up until the episode "Coda" which is number #8 - so two more episodes.
    But two more episodes is the fucking lame ass mid-season finale! So we have wait till effing 2015 to see him?!!! ARGH! 
    Feb. 8, 2015 to be exact.
    You guys sure?  I even checked the schedule on the Official website and it says that episode airs on the 30th.
    Coda will show on the 30th, but then it pauses for the mid-season break until February (thanks Wikipedia!)
    LAME!
    Anniversary

• So, I finally watched. The first thing out of H's mouth at the end was "well, that was fucking boring". COME ON. ACTION! I NEED ACTION!

I mean, I think it was important info to have (how they hooked up with noah, how Carol got into the hospital and whether or not she was faking, etc), but it could have been told in half an episode or less. 2 full episodes in a row without the main group (or has it been 3 now) making an appearance AT ALL was a terrible idea.

I did, however, like the scene where they were in the DV shelter. It was a good reminder of what Carol went through, and how badass she is now. And the book she grabbed... It was How to Treat Survivors of Childhood Abuse, right? I assume she is planning on trying to "treat" Daryl?
  • So, I finally watched. The first thing out of H's mouth at the end was "well, that was fucking boring". COME ON. ACTION! I NEED ACTION!

I mean, I think it was important info to have (how they hooked up with noah, how Carol got into the hospital and whether or not she was faking, etc), but it could have been told in half an episode or less. 2 full episodes in a row without the main group (or has it been 3 now) making an appearance AT ALL was a terrible idea.

I did, however, like the scene where they were in the DV shelter. It was a good reminder of what Carol went through, and how badass she is now. And the book she grabbed... It was How to Treat Survivors of Childhood Abuse, right? I assume she is planning on trying to "treat" Daryl?
    I thought maybe the book was for herself. I wouldn't be surprised if she was a childhood abuse victim.
  • kat1114 said:
    So, I finally watched. The first thing out of H's mouth at the end was "well, that was fucking boring". COME ON. ACTION! I NEED ACTION!

I thought maybe the book was for herself. I wouldn't be surprised if she was a childhood abuse victim.
    This. I kind of got the vibe that this was to remind us that she's still healing from what she went through. 
    Anniversary

• I thought Daryl was the one who dropped that child abuse book. Admittedly, I wasn't paying the closest attention. 
  • esstee33 said:
    I thought Daryl was the one who dropped that child abuse book. Admittedly, I wasn't paying the closest attention. 
    I thought that too! But SO said he thought Carol dropped it.

• esstee33 said:
    I thought Daryl was the one who dropped that child abuse book. Admittedly, I wasn't paying the closest attention. 
    I thought that too! But SO said he thought Carol dropped it.
    Now I'm going to have to re-watch it because one of my co-workers said it was Daryl too.
  • The consensus on the internets seems to be pretty evenly split between the two of them for whose book it is. 

I think it makes way more sense for it to be Daryl's, anyway -- as far as we know, Carol wasn't abused as a child, and thus far in their relationship, she doesn't really butt in and try to counsel him much. That would be a major, major toeing of their boundary line that I just don't think she'd do. 

Daryl, on the other hand, WAS abused as a child, as we know from his interactions with Merle, and he seems to still have some unresolved feelings / issues as a result (again, from his interactions with Merle), AND he's the type to not ask for help, so it makes sense that he would take it upon himself to try to fix his own issue, since the material was right there. 

Also, isn't it Daryl who picks it back up? I don't have the episode recorded to go right back and watch it. :( 
  • esstee33 said:
    The consensus on the internets seems to be pretty evenly split between the two of them for whose book it is. 

I think it makes way more sense for it to be Daryl's, anyway -- as far as we know, Carol wasn't abused as a child, and thus far in their relationship, she doesn't really butt in and try to counsel him much. That would be a major, major toeing of their boundary line that I just don't think she'd do. 

Daryl, on the other hand, WAS abused as a child, as we know from his interactions with Merle, and he seems to still have some unresolved feelings / issues as a result (again, from his interactions with Merle), AND he's the type to not ask for help, so it makes sense that he would take it upon himself to try to fix his own issue, since the material was right there. 

Also, isn't it Daryl who picks it back up? I don't have the episode recorded to go right back and watch it. :( 
    Ah, yes. I like this theory better. And I agree that whoever had the book, it was probably for Daryl. We know for a fact that he was a victim of childhood abuse.

Ladies, please report back when you watch! I thought Carol dropped it and Daryl grabbed it, but I could totally be wrong.
  • novella1186novella1186 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    esstee33 said:
    The consensus on the internets seems to be pretty evenly split between the two of them for whose book it is. 

Ah, yes. I like this theory better. And I agree that whoever had the book, it was probably for Daryl. We know for a fact that he was a victim of childhood abuse.

Ladies, please report back when you watch! I thought Carol dropped it and Daryl grabbed it, but I could totally be wrong.
    I was 100% sure I saw Carol shove the book in her backpack and then drop it. She looked embarrassed when it hit the ground. But honestly after reading these posts, now I'm not so sure.

ETA since she had stayed there before, I had the impression that maybe it had been Sophia's book
  • esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2014
    It's his. I found it & went back and rewatched that part -- it's at like minute 27ish. It's in his bag, which he takes off and sets on the floor while he works a lock. They're talking about some things and stuff, and when he cracks the lock, she picks his bag up off the floor for him, and it falls out. 

• esstee33 said:
    It's his. I found it & went back and rewatched that part -- it's at like minute 27ish. It's in his bag, which he takes off and sets on the floor while he works a lock. They're talking about some things and stuff, and when he cracks the lock, she picks his bag up off the floor for him, and it falls out. 

~*~*~*~*~*FUCKING BOXES FUCKITY FUCK*~*~*~*~*~

Thank you! Not knowing for sure was seriously driving me insane!

• esstee33 said:

Fantastic! You are awesome for going back and watching it!

• esstee33 said:

Fantastic! You are awesome for going back and watching it!
    This does make more sense. Poor Darryl :(
    Anniversary

• Last night's episode was great. They finally picked the pace back up and I didn't want it to end whereas the past couple of weeks, I was just ready for the episode to be over.

I thought it was sweet that Rick was so insistent to go save Carol because he "owed her more." 

It was different to see Daryl have a soft side, not wanting to just kill the cops to get in and get what they wanted, and not letting Rick shoot the one that beat him up.

I had a feeling the one who lured Sasha to the window was going to do something to try to get away. It was one of those things I didn't want to happen but knew it was going to.

I'm hoping (and pretty sure) Carol pulls through. I liked that they gave Dawn a chance to show empathy but helping Beth get the right medicine for her to see if she'l make it. 

Gabriel is just so weird, I can't even wrap my head around what he is thinking. He has clearly stated that he knows he can't survive outside of the church alone so why did he leave? I don't know, I just don't like him.

The DC group is actually growing on me. It was great that they showed them appreciating the little things even during a breakdown, a fish, a yoyo. I like seeing the nurturing side of Maggie again.

• When Daryl dug his fingers in the eyeballs of that walker to knock out the officer.... I was like YOU ARE SUCH A BAMF!!!! I love him.

Definitely pleased with the pace in this episode... bummer there's only one more before there's a break.

Gabriel is bizarre. What is he doing??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Something is definitely up with Gabriel. Like, what is wrong with him?!
  • Gabriel makes me so incredibly nervous. I still think he's in cahoots with someone, but at this point IDK who that could even be. 

Yeah, also totally saw the luring-Sasha-to-the-window thing coming. FI says he didn't. The music soothed him and he let his guard down. 

Bad shit all around, man. Ugh. I don't really even know how to feel after this episode, because I honestly feel like it was kinda boring, despite a ton of things happening. 
  • I hated this last episode. Thought it was boring and sasha was stupid.

Gabriel still just strikes me as a coward. I think his character is endearing. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I think Gabriel is a man who doesn't know how to live in this (zombiefied) world.  He is a religious man and a pacifist.  His faith sustains him.  And his faith is being tested in horrible ways.  It frightens him to the point that he is non-functional in a world where violence - at least against the Walkers - is necessary for survival.  Much like Herschel in season 2, I think he sees the zombies as people still.  He has been locked in his church all this time.  It hasn't sunken in that there is no humanity left in them.  And so he can't bring himself to kill them, especially if they were members of his congregation.  He failed them once by not letting them in.  Killing them would be the final and complete failure.
  • melbenso said:
    I think Gabriel is a man who doesn't know how to live in this (zombiefied) world.  He is a religious man and a pacifist.  His faith sustains him.  And his faith is being tested in horrible ways.  It frightens him to the point that he is non-functional in a world where violence - at least against the Walkers - is necessary for survival.  Much like Herschel in season 2, I think he sees the zombies as people still.  He has been locked in his church all this time.  It hasn't sunken in that there is no humanity left in them.  And so he can't bring himself to kill them, especially if they were members of his congregation.  He failed them once by not letting them in.  Killing them would be the final and complete failure.
    This is what I don't get.  To me, killing them is merciful.  Yes, it's also for your own survival, but they're leading a horrible existence.  I would feel guilty passing a walker and not killing them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • melbenso said:
    I think Gabriel is a man who doesn't know how to live in this (zombiefied) world.  He is a religious man and a pacifist.  His faith sustains him.  And his faith is being tested in horrible ways.  It frightens him to the point that he is non-functional in a world where violence - at least against the Walkers - is necessary for survival.  Much like Herschel in season 2, I think he sees the zombies as people still.  He has been locked in his church all this time.  It hasn't sunken in that there is no humanity left in them.  And so he can't bring himself to kill them, especially if they were members of his congregation.  He failed them once by not letting them in.  Killing them would be the final and complete failure.
    This is what I don't get.  To me, killing them is merciful.  Yes, it's also for your own survival, but they're leading a horrible existence.  I would feel guilty passing a walker and not killing them.
    I work in hospice/skilled nursing facility. When it comes time for the power of attorney to decide what we do about life sustaining treatments I usually talk families through their options. Many are able to decide if the quality of life is too low to attempt to revive people. Some believe that they shouldn't have the power to decide if someone lives or dies. I can't and don't judge people for those decisions. It is what it is. 

A pastor who sees the zombies as people probably would not try to kill them. It's very believable for me as I kind of run across a similar situation in real life!

I agree with you. Not only do I feel bad for walkers and they need to be put down, but leaving them could put someone else in danger. I would want to put them down too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• HOLY SHIT!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • edited December 2014
    God fucking damn you Walking Dead. Fuck.

• Haven't watched it yet, but just got on Facebook and since I "like" the Walking Dead page, I got to see the spoiler they posted on my newsfeed. Thanks Walking Dead for forgetting the fact that the episode hasn't aired on the west coast yet. Grrr.

THIS SHOW IS SO ABUSIVE
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Called it as soon as they said "surprise guest" in the talking dead commercial. Still sad. Wish it was Sasha instead. She was the most disposable character of the group IMO...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Yeah, sasha is a blah character. I thought she was going to die because I heard she was pregnant. I figured she might quit the show to have her baby. I don't watchTalking Dead because the host is obnoxious, so IDK what hints they have there.

Did we talk about how Maggie didn't care about her sister when she was kidnapped? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• BETTTTHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOO
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards