Wedding Party

My entire Bridal Party SUCKS!!

Re: My entire Bridal Party SUCKS!!

• I'm not doing any bold. Not sure what that is or why its doing that....but glad you found it funny.

You don't have to be "old" to "write well". I also didn't say 70 was old, thats your personal implication. However, a 70 year old mind may not as easily interpret that in 2015, certain idioms and phrases may not take on as literal of a meaning as they once have. Today, you can "suck" for not having a glass of wine with your friends!

Thank you for your insightful linguistic commentary which is not at all ageist.

Your example still implies that you are disappointed in that person for not coming and having the glass of wine.

• this is true. the issue was my expectation and yes, I agree that they are waiting on someone else to do it.

8 is a big herd? I don't know anyone that's had less than 10!
  • You're the troll that keeps showing up on my thread. Use it on yourself according. Theres a reason why you hang onto it
  • You're the troll that keeps showing up on my thread. Use it on yourself according. Theres a reason why you hang onto it

Oh, so threads are owned now? Cool.
  • and now you finally get it! Yes, I am disappointed! That's what I've said all along so if "sucks" gave you that impression, it was the correct one.

You initially said I was stomping, etc. by using the term. Glad you came around :)
  • and now you finally get it! Yes, I am disappointed! That's what I've said all along so if "sucks" gave you that impression, it was the correct one.

You initially said I was stomping, etc. by using the term. Glad you came around :)
    If you are referring to a specific person, please quote them, so we know who you are referring to.
  • I posed the question so I can't troll responses directed to myself.... However, she can troll responses directed towards me!

Your wording is very off-putting. Saying your BMs suck is insulting to them. I doubt you'd like to be told that you suck. But saying you're disappointed because your situation sucks is totally kosher. Sometimes situations suck. It's too bad. But your wedding day will still happen and you'll still be married to your SO no matter how much you do or don't get to hang out with BMs, and no matter how many pre-wedding parties you do or don't have. 

Why don't you just ask them all to a girls' night out so you can all hang out and have fun together? You don't need anyone to throw you a party in order to have fun with your friends. 

Yes. Your reading comprehension is great. I came around to see that you are being totally reasonable in your disappointment.

I definitely was not clarifying that your disappointment was the unreasonable version from @dcbride's distinction.

• It's not offputting to them. We use the term often (my BM's and I). Most of my friends do, in fact. It's not taken literal. Girls night is good idea. @NOVELLA1186

• Perhaps- to the "rubber/glue" comment. Clearly its saved for easy accessibility. Guess thats the "joker" card in the deck. FOH
  • Perhaps- to the "rubber/glue" comment. Clearly its saved for easy accessibility. Guess thats the "joker" card in the deck. FOH
    When you're responding to a particular post, hit the tiny gray button right below that post that says "Quote" to quote it, as I did in this post, so people know what you're referring to. 
  • @amelisha I am pretty petty and watch a great deal of romance.

Why do you all keep mentioning DIY and projects etc. I mentioned nothing of manual labor! Is that all "help" is classified as??
  • @thepowellwedding, I asked this question once, but you didn't answer it, if it's not DIY and projects, then what is it that you expect your BM to help you do?!
    @amelisha I am pretty petty and watch a great deal of romance.

Why do you all keep mentioning DIY and projects etc. I mentioned nothing of manual labor! Is that all "help" is classified as??
  • @plainjane0415 "Help" from my perspective isn't limited to manual labor. I also answered this somewhere on the thread. Help can range anywhere from cultivating an experience to a simple phone call. It can be an arm around the shoulder, it can be anything actually. Those things are equally (if not more) meaningful as labor.  
  • I posed the question so I can't troll responses directed to myself.... However, she can troll responses directed towards me!
    I figure this is directed towards me.

I am certainly not a troll.  You however, I think are, thus the troll spray.  The more you respond the less sense you are making.  It almost seems like you have given up on basic sentence structures and grammar.

• @plainjane0415 "Help" from my perspective isn't limited to manual labor. I also answered this somewhere on the thread. Help can range anywhere from cultivating an experience to a simple phone call. It can be an arm around the shoulder, it can be anything actually. Those things are equally (if not more) meaningful as labor.  

So you want support from them?  That's a lot different than what your OP implied.  But regardless, you don't need anyone's support but yours and your FI's to plan this wedding.  BM's are your guests of honor that you chose, so just let them be how they want to be.  They're your friends (I guess) treat them as such, don't expect so much from them.  All you're doing is disappointing yourself.

• youre welcome to dismiss yourself @kat1114

"Everytime" - why continue to come back??
  • edited January 2015
    I posed the question so I can't troll responses directed to myself.... However, she can troll responses directed towards me!
    I figure this is directed towards me.

I am certainly not a troll.  You however, I think are, thus the troll spray.- Run-on sentence  The more you respond, the less sense you are making.  It almost seems like you are given (giving) up on basic sentence structures and grammar.

Come back when you're relevant!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards