Wedding Party
Options

My entire Bridal Party SUCKS!!

Re: My entire Bridal Party SUCKS!!

• Options
    drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015

Stupid crazy week at work, I keep missing all the fun :( I should just use this GIF to my signature

• Options
    EEEEK! These people are driving me crazy by reading their responses. they are not obligated to help, they should WANT to help!! I totally agree with you. If I chose some random girl off the street, I would only expect them to show up, but not my BEST FRIENDS. Maybe its because I'm from the south, maybe it's because I have a small group of close girlfriends, but I KNOW my girls are going to be there for me and help me in any way they can. At this point for you, you can't change your bridal party (unfortunately), so I would try to make the most of it. Plan your own bach party, and invite them if they want to come. I am getting SICK of reading about people's opinions on here (but everyone has one). I have been a part of a few weddings now, and I would have done ANYTHING to help with my girls. Anyways, I'm sorry that you're having to go through all this. I wish I had better advice to give you, but I do agree that they should be doing more to help you (one of their best friends)!! Good Luck and have an incredible wedding.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    smacclary said:
    EEEEK! These people are driving me crazy by reading their responses. they are not obligated to help, they should WANT to help!! I totally agree with you. If I chose some random girl off the street, I would only expect them to show up, but not my BEST FRIENDS. Maybe its because I'm from the south, maybe it's because I have a small group of close girlfriends, but I KNOW my girls are going to be there for me and help me in any way they can. At this point for you, you can't change your bridal party (unfortunately), so I would try to make the most of it. Plan your own bach party, and invite them if they want to come. I am getting SICK of reading about people's opinions on here (but everyone has one). I have been a part of a few weddings now, and I would have done ANYTHING to help with my girls. Anyways, I'm sorry that you're having to go through all this. I wish I had better advice to give you, but I do agree that they should be doing more to help you (one of their best friends)!! Good Luck and have an incredible wedding.
    Oh. Em. Gee. I totally change my mind after reading this piece of genius right here.

Since my BMs did NOTHING for my wedding*, I deserve a do-over!

(*you know, besides showing up and standing with me on one of the happiest days of my life)
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    smacclary said:
    I think you should listen to Ouiser and...

• Options
    MGPMGP member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015

smacclary said:

So they're not obligated to help but they're obligated to WANT to help? 

And to the second bolded: No. Just no. Do not plan your own bachelorette party. If no one offers to throw a bachelorette for you, then you don't have one. It's okay, you can still get married. 

--------- where are quote boxes?

So if you think they are obgliated to WANT to help, then in your mind they are obligated to help. Sorry EEEEK girl we caught you on your BS. You expect people to help you just dont want to say it.

You are probably also one of those who say a "no gifts shower" is ok but secretly want gifts. Especially if you think planning your own bachelorette is ok.

You can go away at any time.
  • Options
    smacclary said:

Being from TN, I wasn't aware that's how it's done in the south..... Sigh.......

**adding to list of things I'm doing wrong**

• Options

I totally sympathize and understand what you are going through.
    Of course you didn't expect your bridesmaids to go nuts with showers, bachelorettes, gifts, or helping with anything...but I totally get why you would be disappointed that none of them even offered to help or want to participate in anything.

Obviously bridesmaids are not required to do anything, but you asked them to be part of your wedding day, not just as a wedding guest. A VIP. The least they could do is show some enthusiasm and be happy/excited for their friend and the fact that you wanted them there with you.

Anyone on here that doesn't agree and continues with the "being a bridesmaid isn't a job " thing, is obviously not someone I'd want standing up there with me on my day.

I am a wedding planner, so I don't plan on having any of my maids do much "work" because I intend to do it on my own. However, if I were to ask for help from my friends, they would probably be happy to. Not because I'm forcing them to, or because that is their bridesmaid duty, but because they're happy for me, and actually want to contribute and be a part of my special day.

You should be able to have the same experience, not feel bad or guilty because of what people say on here. Do what you need to do, and keep your eye on the prize. Your loving, soon to be husband!! <3<3 And I definetly wouldn't be giving them any bridesmaids gifts, that's for sure.

• Options

I totally sympathize and understand what you are going through.
    Of course you didn't expect your bridesmaids to go nuts with showers, bachelorettes, gifts, or helping with anything...but I totally get why you would be disappointed that none of them even offered to help or want to participate in anything.

Obviously bridesmaids are not required to do anything, but you asked them to be part of your wedding day, not just as a wedding guest. A VIP. The least they could do is show some enthusiasm and be happy/excited for their friend and the fact that you wanted them there with you.

Anyone on here that doesn't agree and continues with the "being a bridesmaid isn't a job " thing, is obviously not someone I'd want standing up there with me on my day.

I am a wedding planner, so I don't plan on having any of my maids do much "work" because I intend to do it on my own. However, if I were to ask for help from my friends, they would probably be happy to. Not because I'm forcing them to, or because that is their bridesmaid duty, but because they're happy for me, and actually want to contribute and be a part of my special day.

You should be able to have the same experience, not feel bad or guilty because of what people say on here. Do what you need to do, and keep your eye on the prize. Your loving, soon to be husband!! <3<3 And I definetly wouldn't be giving them any bridesmaids gifts, that's for sure.

How noble of you.
  • Options

Excuse me but I must bust out this picture again in regards to the highlighted:

I just can't. 
    adk19 said:
    Knottie31321366, I don't like you.

• Options
    This thread sums up why I have vowed to never, ever be in a wedding party again as long as I live. (Not the regular posters who are sane, rational human beings but the OP and the people agreeing with her).

• Options
    haha, I figured with six pages I would have missed all the fun. I guess I was wrong.

Boy this is interesting.

What's wrong with just talking about wedding related stuff with people who are interested in wedding related stuff? For some, that happens to be the BP, for others, just FI...and for a lot of us, it's TK. Why is that so offensive?

You want a night out? That's awesome. Me too. Go to the movies.
  • Options
    Man people are so harsh on here!
  • Options
    Man people are so harsh on here!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards