Wedding Party

My entire Bridal Party SUCKS!!

Re: My entire Bridal Party SUCKS!!

• LOL! She was called "bitchy" multiple times. I know. huge difference right?!

I'm also new to this community. Recommended by a friend...

I'm no mother Theresa but you guys are super mean. Whoa,  I've never seen such nastiness from brides towards other brides!  If these communities are to uplift, support, and advise each other during our process at what point do you start calling "bitches" "trolls" etc?! Are we adults or what?! Geesh.
    I don't think anyone referred to the OP as a bitch. 

Yea no one even referred to her as bitchy.  Good try, though.
  • Oh WOW. Someone needs a glass of wine....

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • levioosa said:

thisismynickname said:

Ok, let me try one more time.

An "arm around the shoulder" is something a friend does no matter what. That's not a bridesmaid duty. Maybe you have more of a friend issue and less of a bridesmaid issue at this point. 

Seriously. I'm not trying to be mean when I say that. I see my best friend (who was a BM) once or twice a week. We talk about all kinds of things, which is why she's my best friend. If I needed to vent about issues with my hotel block--- issues I personally was dealing with, no one else-- then she listened, because she's a good friend. 

If your friends aren't even being supportive about wedding stuff--- changing the subject every time you mention the wedding, for example--- maybe you should do some self reflection and ask yourself why your friends aren't putting their arms around your shoulders as much as you'd like them too. Do you talk about nothing else but wedding stuff? Do you ask them about their lives? Are you being a good friend to them?  Take some time to self reflect and make sure at the end of all this that you still have friends. 

It's a wedding though.  Why does the OP or anyone need support?

Support is something you need when facing a terminal or grave health diagnosis, when a loved one dies, when you discover infidelity in your relationship, when you need to help hide body. . . people need support to deal with terrible, awful, fucked up shit in their lives.  Planning a wedding should not be described as such nor lumped into the same grouping with the examples I just gave.

I get needing support when family drama hits the fan (like the poster whose MIL wrote her son out her will for refusing to acquiesce to her demands) or when Mom takes the invitations, photo copies them, and hands them out like candy, but I don't get people who think that they "need support" for things like researching venues, planning, picking vendors, or doing projects.  Nope, those are all on you.  No "support" needed. 

and I get support as being whatever is needed. When someone graduates, attendance is "support". Got a kid playing a game, you go to "support". Sorry dear, support is not limited to being terminally ill. If thats the only time you'll get or give it, I feel sorry for ya!

When someone graduates, you attend to celebrate the momentous occasion with them. That's not support to me. . .you are celebrating with them.

When you attend a child's extracurricular activity, fine that might be support. But you understand my point whether you choose to accept it.

I've been a BM over 10 times. My friends typically did not ask or expect me to go on group dress shopping trips, have planning meetings, stuff envelopes, or help with DIY prohects. And for the most part I didn't offer to be involved in any of that because it's not necessary and not really something I'm interested in doing, honestly.

That doesn't mean I didn't "support" them. If they wanted to bitch about drama, I was there. I was there ready to celebrate with them on their wedding days too.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• redoryx said:

I am now convinced the OP either created a sock puppet or asked a friend to join because she needed a white knight.

I didn't think newbs could post for a certain period after joining?

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• I am now convinced the OP either created a sock puppet or asked a friend to join because she needed a white knight.

Yeah, I thought there was a 3 day waiting period.

• I'm also new to this community. Recommended by a friend...

I'm no mother Theresa but you guys are super mean. Whoa,  I've never seen such nastiness from brides towards other brides!  If these communities are to uplift, support, and advise each other during our process at what point do you start calling "bitches" "trolls" etc?! Are we adults or what?! Geesh.
    These forums are not to uplift or support other brides. . .again, planning a wedding is not a traumatic event where o e would require support. Planning a wedding should be a fun and joyous occasion. However, these forums *are* meant to give advice. And that's what we have been doing. We are absolutely adults. Adults are often direct and blunt with each other, and sometimes they swear.
    Adults are often super direct and super blunt, and sometimes they super swear.
  • edited June 2015
  • I am now convinced the OP either created a sock puppet or asked a friend to join because she needed a white knight.

That's what I thought too but if you check it says she joined today so IDK
  • redoryx said:

I am now convinced the OP either created a sock puppet or asked a friend to join because she needed a white knight.

That's what I thought too but if you check it says she joined today so IDK
    Maybe the day you are allowed to post is the day it says you joined?  I mean this is TK so I am sure there is some ass backwards way of thinking going on here.

• rnsoonrnsoon member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    I have a VERY hard time believing people are this absolutely stupid and inconsiderate. Craziness.

Edited because I posted, then realized that with the IQ level OP may have, she may think I'm defending her. OP, I am most definitely not directing the above at the other posters. Yes. It's directed at you.
  • I'm curious as to where OP's FI is in all this. If she needs this much support, I would think FI would be who I would go to first. Since that's, like, who OP is marrying.
  • I'm curious as to where OP's FI is in all this. If she needs this much support, I would think FI would be who I would go to first. Since that's, like, who OP is marrying.
    Pretty sure there isn't one and this OP is completely MUD.  Thought about commenting, but dem tantrums doe.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You know, I would call MUD but the OP sounds exactly like the bride who shared a lot of the same sentiments with me this past summer when she expressed how her bridal party didn't meet expectations. And you know what?  We're not friends anymore for this reason.  I imagine if the OP's bridal party were aware of the fit she has thrown on this board, they would rethink their friendship.

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    This would have solved all your problems  (click)

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • The 40 Greatest Dog GIFs Of All Time

The 40 Greatest Dog GIFs Of All Time

Guys, it's okay, I got this 

The 40 Greatest Dog GIFs Of All Time
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • ahh! That pug!
  • amelisha said:

I always laugh at the need for "support."
    How does that go? 

"Help me. I've fallen in love with a wonderful person and we're planning to spend our lives together. I need to buy a beautiful dress, a great cake, and plan a wonderful party. I have a year to do this. I NEED SUPPORT, BECAUSE THIS IS TOO HARD TO HANDLE."

Next thing you know, people will be bringing presents. Keep the crisis line on speed dial. 

Had to quote this because liking it wasn't enough. Post of the day. Post of the month!

I almost peed myself

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards