Not Engaged Yet

On Wednesdays...

Re: On Wednesdays...

• @minksat30 I think H knows how to do it. And vinyl siding is actually pretty easy, all the different components lock together so it's fairly simple, and we don't have to tear down our original siding because it's in decent condition (but at the age it needs to be replaced before major failures occur and we DO have to tear it down). The annoying part is going to be finding the siding I want available for purchase and not purchase plus installation. All the best rated brands seem to be wholesale... :( I told him I want to call his dad and have him come help us for a week too.

• @beachyone15 No cut today, I'm growing my hair. I get tempted to chop it off but when I do I love it for like a week and then I miss my longer hair lol. 

• @labro yay for bonuses! Is the latte worth it? I'm debating on the hot chocolate version

@TwoDimes vacation! enjoy the heat ;)

@southernpeach89 nooo/go Callie!! lol

@caseface5 glad your meeting went well!

@beachyone15 i love those colouring books! I have a pocket sized one for when I go away

Not much today. We finally got through all the dishes and I swear it felt like it would never end! I was going to make a stir-fry but we got lazy and just ate chips for dinner lol Which might be why I slept awful and I woke up with a headache this morning.

Today I'm planning on mostly tidying up the office. Shred-it is coming for archived files tomorrow, so I want to get them all out for that. Plus paper work alllll overrrr my deskkkkk guhhhh!!

Is anyone planning on watching "Fuller House" ? The full trailer was released yesterday. I'm kind of excited because they're keeping relatively same premise with different genders. It'll be interesting!
  • @labro - Grrrr.  :(  Do you know any contractor who can purchase it for you?  Or a contractor that might be willing to work with you to purchase it for you for a very slight mark-up from wholesale price?  I know that sounds a little shady (and it probably is) though.  

@CocoBellaF - I hope you get the ok from the doctor to not be on bed rest.  Pelvic rest is bad enough.  Also, I'm so so SO glad baby is doing well!!!
  • @minskat30 Nope. :( I'm just going to start calling around anyway though lol! I can see the guys in the area who sell the brands I like so it's a start.

@speakeasy14 and @minskat30 What are your thoughts on standing showers? Would you just get a pre-manufactured one that fits into a slot? Would you get a base and then build up your own custom tile walls? I think we're going to completely demo our master bathroom. Like start from the studs up kind of demo. I want a standing shower because we already have a separate tub in there. The standing shower we have now is 3 sided with a curtain for the opening and it's pretty small and narrow. H and I can shower in there together but it's a tight fit!

• @CocoBellaF Glad you're home and baby is ok! I think my friend has placenta previa too and she's doing ok- she said she will just most likely have to have a scheduled CS. My guess is baby boy for you!

@MissKittyDanger I just watched the trailer for Fuller House this morning and thought it seemed pretty cheesy. I mean Full House was cheesy too though lol. I'll probably watch it when I'm bored. 

• @MissKittyDanger - I'll be watching it. I grew up with Full House so it kind of gives me warm fuzzies inside.
    @wink0erin - Colored pencils for sure. I love that gif! When you are famous I hope you'll still remember all of us little people. ;)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @labro -

What size is your shower now?  Our shower is teeny tiny (I think 34 by 34...I forgot) so no way H and I can get in there together...we have a very large shower downstairs for that.  ;)  That said, we really really wanted a stand alone shower in addition to a tub and a small shower was the only way we could go upstairs given space constraints.  

We went with glass L-shaped walls that fits into the prefab base and are tiling the two walls the glass doesn't cover, this gives the illusion of a lot more space at least.  I would custom tile your own walls personally.  It looks a lot nicer and if done correctly it will last a lot longer/be more timeless I think than an insert.  We thought about tiling the floor too but nixed the idea because our house is a little slanty and tiling on the floor will be hard to keep level.  If you tile the shower, just make sure you have the right kind of moister barrier wall (I can ask my BIL what he used for us if you want...he does drywall for a living).  

We also custom built the shower downstairs (again prefab base) for an alcove/3 wall shower with one large glass door.  We tiled the 3 walls and it looks really, really nice.  I'll try to take a picture tonight and send it to you.  
  • @jenna8984 Wow, that seems both sad and really shortsighted. I wish someone had given them better advice. Then again, maybe they WERE given advice and didn't take it? Sounds like they didn't have much money or a budget.

The "catering" sounds awful. I can't believe they thought that would work. 

• @minskat30 That's helpful! Our shower is probably the same as yours. It's definitely not fully 36 x 36. I think I want to go with just a base option too because it's a funky size (and I'm certain we don't have level floors either)...there's a wall that juts out that makes up the third wall of the shower but H think it's decorative and not load bearing so we can either move it or remove it completely. l_l <--- That's the current shape, We could make it more like l__l for three solid walls or make it __l and have two glass walls like you. If we give this project a go I'll definitely take some pictures to start and share progress photos here too. Our master bath definitely isn't as bad as yours was because NOTHING can beat pink toilets....but it's pretty dated, the floor tile is damaged and cracked, the toilet is ugly, short, and doesn't flush well, the countertop has permanent but minor staining.

I'm slightly annoyed because this means I'll have to paint in there again...but I suppose it will all be worth it.

• @jenna8984 Wow....I mean....at this point I am not at all shocked because of everything you told us before the wedding....but wow. Thank goodness for BK!

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2016
    @CocoBellaF I say boy on the basis that everyone else is having girls haha

@labro stand up with tiles are gorgeous, and after we did it for the tub I wouldn't go with standard ever again. Eta hit send before I finished my thought... I would get a standard floor and just tile the walls.  We used the large tiles (less tiling you'll have to do).  My bf's parents have a glass surround stand up and they tiled the entire thing.  It took forever because they used all small tiles, but it does look pretty. 
  • minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2016
    @labro - Definitely knock out the wall if you can.  Also, if you go with the two ghost/glass walls I promise it will feel bigger.  Our prior configuration was three walls for the tiny shower space and it made it feel much more cramped than it was...plus, you know, the several inch thick pink tile covering each of those walls didn't help ;)   Just a few tips you may have thought of already or know but, just in case....make sure to get the shower glass doors and the prefab base together from the same manufacturer (you want the glass door to seal tight so having it come from the same company as the company that makes the base will help) and watch where you put the shower head...we had a tricky time with this because the shower head would have been opposite the glass door piece that swung open as the door.  With such a small shower we didn't want water spraying everywhere when you opened the door to get in after the water heats up so we had to reconfigure the plumbing so the shower head was spraying towards the solid glass piece that didn't swing open as the door instead.  

@jenna8984 - Holy shit show!  I'm glad you made the most of it with your grandparents though. 

• What a friggin shitshow @jenna8984. I would have been pissed if I flew across the country for that. How old are these people? It seems like they just have no common sense. If you don't have the money to host people (even ordering pizza like you said would be better!) then just do something small with your immediate family- nothing wrong with that!

• @jenna8984  Wow jeez! People need party hosting 101 :\ maybe your uncle offered help but they turned it down? At least you guys got BK!

@beachyone15 the nostalgia about the whole thing makes me happy! Steve!!
  • @labro - Forgot one other thought.  The nice thing about tiling the shower walls too is you can customize the size of the insert you do in the wall for holding soap/shampoo/conditioner/etc.  We didn't do it (a tiled built-in insert portion for the shower) with the shower downstairs but we installed a larger shower system down there that already had a place to store shampoo/conditioner.  We are using large tiles for the shower walls and then going with a small mosaic for the soap insert area.  
  • @labro - The trip in April isn't booked yet but will definitely be booked with my maiden name.

@minskat30 - The numbness sounds scary, but I'm sure it's just the baby pressing on a nerve or something. I'd still get it checked out ASAP just for the peace of mind.

@lavenderfields13 @speakeasy14 - Good point about the passport expiring. I think it actually expires next year, so maybe I will just wait on that.

@southernpeach89 - OMG poor Callie and nanny!! Blow outs do not sound fun, but glad she isn't backed up anymore.

@wink0erin - That's so cool about podcast! Is it a popular one?

@misskittydanger - I love cleaning up my desk/office. So therapeutic.

@cocobellaf - Glad you are baby are OK and hope you get the thumbs up from your OB soon. I vote girl!!

@jenna8984 - Wow that sounds awful. I don't understand how you can be so clueless! Did anyone stay long enough to dance and stuff?

• @jenna8984 oh my that sounds like a nightmare.  Did anyone stay long?  I'm glad you were able to enjoy the time with your grandparents though.  How was flying with them?
  • @lavenderfields13 They are like 26 so it's not like they are 18 year olds! They had plenty of beer so from the pictures I guess most of their friends did stay and party.

@speakeasy14 Flying with them was actually awesome. They walk and get around really well, so I would ask them if they wanted to pre-board or anything and they were always like "oh no, no, of course not". Even being delayed 3 hours and getting in at 1am they never complained once, they smiled the entire trip. H & I were like bitching and moaning to each other and we were like damn, we need to be more like them! lol

• @AlPacina I can't wait for the weather to warm! I can't wait to go hiking again. It's been too muddy and gross even when the weather is warm enough. Thanks, snow melt.

• edited February 2016
    @AlPacina @speakeasy14 I am also so excited that Bernie won NH yesterday too and am really nervous about Trump. I hate his new fucking campaign ad that they purposely used just minorities in saying that they want him as pres- like he's said so much racist shit I don't get it. But there's also plenty of women who vote for candidates who say terrible things about women and don't support our rights- that blows my mind. And now I'm just thinking about how much I hate Carly Fiorina. UGH this is the most emotional election ever for me!

edited to remove random extra word

• @AlPacina I'm so glad I'm your spirit animal when you get all angry! <3

• @minskat30 Yeah I am definitely thinking if we do tile that it will be larger, subway style tiling for the shower just for the sake of it not taking a million bajillion years to do. But I love the idea of a coordinating mosiac tile for the inserts! I didn't even think of that! Right now our shower just has some dinky little shelves that my conditioner and shampoo perform a balancing act on each day.

• @speakeasy14 Yes, I totally agree on the Hillary issue. This election is the first time I will ever vote in my state's primary just so I can vote for Bernie. Would it be cool to have a woman president who is also the wife of a former president? Yeah, but that's not enough of a reason to vote for someone. If you have valid reasons for voting for her then great but don't vote for her just because she's a woman. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards