Wedding Woes
Options

Confessions

Re: Confessions

• Options
    My confession is that I'm irrationally jealous of a Facebook acquaintance. She popped out a baby a month ago. Posted two weeks later that she was "already back in her size 2 jeans, thanks to breastfeeding and sleep deprivation!" She doesn't post much on social media but when she does she looks freaking perfect. Perfect! Perfect long straight hair, perfect makeup, perfect size 2 post partum body. I never looked that good even before I got pregnant. 
    I'm sensing sarcasm in that lady's post.

{side note; my mum was down to somewhat normal weight a week-ish after having me. She's sarcastic about it because it was all due to health problems}

But yes, I'd be pissy also.
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    I've eaten nothing but chocolate today. I haven't decided if I want to make a real meal, or just keep stuffing my face with self-pity junk food. 

Second confession: We're going out with my parents tonight to celebrate the engagement, but I'm secretly way more excited about dropping off some furniture at their house instead of the dinner. 
    I would just like to take this opportunity to remind you that a) chocolate comes from beans, b) there is dairy in most chocolate, and c) technically sugar is a plant. So it kind of sounds like you had a healthy lunch if you really think about it :D
  • Options
    Two things that merge into a big clusterfuck:

I sometimes social media stalk exH.  I figured it was natural, would start disappearing eventually.  We were together 16 years.  It has been slowing down; I probably hadn't checked in about 2 months.  So, last week I found a post he did a little more than 2 weeks ago now, on a "life after narcissism" board, about how I am narcissist and didn't respect him when we divorced and his new wife is a much better human than I was.  Well, he's right, I didn't respect him by the time we divorced for very damn good reasons, your new wife (you can look up my old post, but she's a former BFF) is not a good human, and I wish I was a narcissist, b/c then I wouldn't have imposter syndrome and worry every damn day if I was good enough to do all the things I put my heart into!

At the same time, weirdly, all of these posts about "how to tell if your relationship is over/going wrong/headed for disaster" had been showing up on my FB feed.  I keep reading them and I'm like. Whoa, how come so many red flags, Varuna, oh right, denial was a helluva drug about my marriage.  One of the write-ups made me remember when exH told me the reason we weren't having sex is b/c I was too fat for him to be attracted to.

So, my confession is both this clusterfuck and that I now am verging on hating exH, b/c I'm realizing how very much and how very often he made me the scapegoat and villain of his life, presumably still does it, and I want to punch his goddamn face.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @VarunaTT I do the same with my brother and get so angry at all of his posts about real vs fake people and how he would never take advantage of his true circle.  This is his most recent. I read this and said "That little motherfucker...."

And then I breathe and remember, if it was true, he wouldn't have to advertise it.

It’s disloyal, not un-loyal. Ass. 

ETA: Sorry, taking my frustration with addicts in my own life on the meme. 
  • Options
    @VarunaTT I do the same with my brother and get so angry at all of his posts about real vs fake people and how he would never take advantage of his true circle.  This is his most recent. I read this and said "That little motherfucker...."

And then I breathe and remember, if it was true, he wouldn't have to advertise it.

It’s disloyal, not un-loyal. Ass. 

ETA: Sorry, taking my frustration with addicts in my own life on the meme. 
    No apology needed!
  • Options
    So have I mentioned the absolute stupidity of 2 girls who were my friend - entitlement about not being invited to gender reveal? If not I can explain ....

Anyways, one apparently decided to delete me from SM .... I'm not surprised. Last time I "saw" her, she hid in the fucking kitchen.

Confession: Idgaf. I'm legit so exhausted about this stupidness.
    {note: my mother opted to unfriend both even though only one unfriended me - she's pissed about the whole deal also.
  • Options
    The Easter bunny didn't visit our house. I meant to get some stuff together in a basket for B (aka grab stuff out of the pantry and pretend it was for Easter) but never did, and then I didn't care since he is too young to know. Last year I did a little basket for him and we decorated eggs but not this year. He did go to an Easter egg hunt Saturday so I think that should count 
  • Options
    DefConn already doesn't believe in the Easter Bunny and I bought all the Easter candy while he was at the store with me.  Whatevs. 

I was on my shit and got baskets together Friday night and did eggs for the egg hunt.  I crashed Saturday night before putting baskets out.   I almost just went in the closet and grabbed DefConn's basket and handed it to him yesterday morning while he was in my room.  But I sent him to his room and put out his basket downstairs.  I only did that because I didn't want him to know where I hide stuff.  :D 
  • Options
    I am literally falling asleep at my desk. 

• Options
    I am seriously contemplating playing "Let it Go" really loud for my cubicle mate. She found out that the baseless harassment complaint she filed against another employee was dropped. 

Short version: said employee doesn't really interact with my cubicle mate and cubicle mate is under the impression that employee doesn't like her. She goes out of her way to make nice and employee rebuffs her. Cubicle mate gets all upset and thinks that she's being personally slighted. We all tell her that employee is fairly aloof and takes a while to warm up to new people. She keeps pushing and employee goes out of their way to avoid her. Cubicle mate files a formal harassment complaint and everyone in the office has to meet with head office to testify. Good times.
  • Options
    @TrixieJess Good lord ....
  • Options
    M's back is really sore now.
    Not that he's ever denied whether my back hurts or not, but I'm kinda glad he gets a better idea on how difficult it is to sleep when your back hurts.

I do feel bad, because it does hurt him - and jealous that it'll prob go away in a day or so though lol

I can't tell you how many times he's said "idk how you've done this constantly" - to which I remind him he should take a tylenol and sit with heating pad for awhile.
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    How can someone be harassing you if they are avoiding you ??
    Exactly. It's all very high school in my little corner of the work place. I sit and roll my eyes and am grateful no one can see me. 
  • Options
    I ate my lunch at my sister's house so no one would see me eating and judge me for being sick yesterday,
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I haven't done any work today.  Not one email was sent out on my behalf (I did sit in on a meeting).

• Options
    Hello my name is BeachMusic and I'm a makeupaholic! I just got home from having a makeover done at Sephora. I got a card in the mail for my birthday (which is next week) telling me to come in and have a complementary custom makeover. Well I certainly couldn't pass that up. That being said I spent way too much money on the stuff she used and didn't even buy everything. But I really like what I bought!
    Hiiii BeachMusic!

Hello my name is KittyDanger and I have more than once reached VIB Rouge.
    And even though I am a certified makeup artist, I still go to get my makeup done at Sephora often.
  • Options
    Hello my name is BeachMusic and I'm a makeupaholic! I just got home from having a makeover done at Sephora. I got a card in the mail for my birthday (which is next week) telling me to come in and have a complementary custom makeover. Well I certainly couldn't pass that up. That being said I spent way too much money on the stuff she used and didn't even buy everything. But I really like what I bought!
    Hiiii BeachMusic!

And even though I am a certified makeup artist, I still go to get my makeup done at Sephora often.
    Oh he$$ I can't even remember when I haven't been VIB Rouge! I've been trying to be really good over the last year about buying makeup though (skincare doesn't count 'cause I use that daily) but I have so many eye palettes and liners etc. that I swore off buying anymore for awhile. That went down the drain today!
  • Options
    Hiiii BeachMusic!

Oh he$$ I can't even remember when I haven't been VIB Rouge! I've been trying to be really good over the last year about buying makeup though (skincare doesn't count 'cause I use that daily) but I have so many eye palettes and liners etc. that I swore off buying anymore for awhile. That went down the drain today!
    I stopped going all together since I was trying to save money. One of the few things I decided I would keep buying might have been discontinued though :'(

Skin care 100% yes! I love clinique, and it's amazing

What are your go-to things that you keep buying?
  • Options
    I swear by Philosophy's Purity cleanser - been using it for years. I've been using Algenist eye cream, night cream and neck cream. I also use It Cosmetic's CC cream which I know is technically makeup but I figure it is also a moisturizer and sunscreen. During the winter I use Algenist's oil because my skin is dry.
  • Options
    @ILoveBeachMusic I often swap between clinique and purity. Have you used Purity on a vibrating brush? I swear {like clairsonic but there's cheaper brands - I have Olay}
    Have you used the It cosmetics eye gel? It's not life changing, but I find it's reducing the redness I seem to have near the corner of my eyes.
  • Options

My confession?  I've spent pretty much my whole life not wearing any make-up, lol.  I know that makes me such an oddball.

It's mostly pure laziness.  Especially since make-up is typically done in the morning.  I am not a morning person.  I'd rather have the extra sleep.

From my teens to 20s, I wore lipstick almost every day and mascara about half the time.  That was it.  Now, I don't even usually do that.

I know, I know.  I should at least do skincare.  I have periods of time where I've been good about it.  But then I fall off the wagon and it is hard to get back in the habit for something I don't really like spending the time to do. 

My one saving grace is I was blessed with great skin by my mom and grandma.  My skin has always been clear, smooth, and even-colored.  Sure, it looks a little better with foundation.  But it's not enough of a difference to warrant waking up 5 minutes earlier, lol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @ILoveBeachMusic I often swap between clinique and purity. Have you used Purity on a vibrating brush? I swear {like clairsonic but there's cheaper brands - I have Olay}
    Have you used the It cosmetics eye gel? It's not life changing, but I find it's reducing the redness I seem to have near the corner of my eyes.
    She used the It cosmetics eye gel on me today. I liked it but just opened a new Algenist eye jar so will wait to buy some after I use that. I can't not use something that expensive just to use something else. Yes, I use Purity on my clarisonic every morning. I'm on my second clarisonic - almost cried when the first one went kaput!