Wedding Woes
Options

Confessions

Re: Confessions

• Options
    @banana468 Happy birthday too!!  Welcome to 38.  I've recently started using Revision Intellishade.  It's a tinted moisturizer with SPF, so super light, which I like as I've never worn foundation.  I found BB creams too heavy for me.  I got a sample at en event my dermatologist had and really liked it, so I guess he sucked me in.  :)  It's pretty expensive, but I only use a pea size drop each time, so it's lasting a while.  It comes in an original and matte version, and the sample had one of each.  I got about 5 wears out of each sample.   

I actually just picked this up, @winstonsgirl, from your recommendation.  It sounds perfect for the upcoming summer (wait - are we going to get that?) because of the spf 45.  I got it for $39.60 at thebeautyplace with a sale plus coupon....is that a good price?  granted, you're from Canada so it's hard to compare prices but it was $75 on amazon! 

• Options

I confess that I just used company time and resources to qualify for a trip to the Kentucky Derby with ESPN radio hosts.

I feel like this is only a confession because my boss is within earshot.

Also, if anyone cares, I really like the Bare Minerals liquid foundation. And Philosophy now makes a Purity Made Simple moisturizer and it's awesome for my oily, acne prone skin. Really lightweight.

My skin is combo and heard it's good for so many people's skin :)
  • Options
    I’m way too invested in this whole Khloé K+baby+Tristan& the girl in the bar thing. 
    It's so sad.  She gave birth today too, which should have been the most happiest and exciting day of her life with him at her side. 

oh - here's another confession. I don't quite get the "4 men" comment.  Can someone explain the four men in the world....
    Apparently he was (according to TMZ-- like I said, too invested). 

I really feel bad for her; her first marriage ends because her husband is abusing drugs and alcohol (and allegedly cheating) and now this while she is days away from giving birth in the city he lives in.  
    I don't really have any sympathy for her. Do I think she deserved it and it's karma? No. But I do think that when someone shows you who they are, you believe them. He left his pregnant girlfriend for her. I'm not surprised he's doing it again. 
  • Options
    @banana468 Happy birthday too!!  Welcome to 38.  I've recently started using Revision Intellishade.  It's a tinted moisturizer with SPF, so super light, which I like as I've never worn foundation.  I found BB creams too heavy for me.  I got a sample at en event my dermatologist had and really liked it, so I guess he sucked me in.  :)  It's pretty expensive, but I only use a pea size drop each time, so it's lasting a while.  It comes in an original and matte version, and the sample had one of each.  I got about 5 wears out of each sample.   

I actually just picked this up, @winstonsgirl, from your recommendation.  It sounds perfect for the upcoming summer (wait - are we going to get that?) because of the spf 45.  I got it for $39.60 at thebeautyplace with a sale plus coupon....is that a good price?  granted, you're from Canada so it's hard to compare prices but it was $75 on amazon! 
    That's an awesome price.  Mine was about $70 CDN cos I got it from my Dermatologist.  Eep!!

• Options
    I’m way too invested in this whole Khloé K+baby+Tristan& the girl in the bar thing. 
    It's so sad.  She gave birth today too, which should have been the most happiest and exciting day of her life with him at her side. 

oh - here's another confession. I don't quite get the "4 men" comment.  Can someone explain the four men in the world....

I really feel bad for her; her first marriage ends because her husband is abusing drugs and alcohol (and allegedly cheating) and now this while she is days away from giving birth in the city he lives in.  
    I don't really have any sympathy for her. Do I think she deserved it and it's karma? No. But I do think that when someone shows you who they are, you believe them. He left his pregnant girlfriend for her. I'm not surprised he's doing it again. 
    So a man does a bad thing and we judge her, not the man who actually does the cheating?
  • Options

So a man does a bad thing and we judge her, not the man who actually does the cheating?
    Oh I totally judge him for cheating! No one should be cheating on anyone. That's wrong. I'm saying she knew what he was like and still got into a relationship with him and had a baby with him. If it were me, I wouldn't have. 
  • Options

I think we just need to remind ourselves that a man who will cheat WITH you will cheat ON you.   

That doesn't make his actions OK at all.   It doesn't mean that it's her fault that he cheated.   However there's something to be said for entering a relationship like that with open eyes. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:

I think we just need to remind ourselves that a man who will cheat WITH you will cheat ON you.   

That doesn't make his actions OK at all.   It doesn't mean that it's her fault that he cheated.   However there's something to be said for entering a relationship like that with open eyes. 
    Fair enough, but I don't know that the bolded is universally true. I think there are a lot of people, on these boards included, that have at one point made bad decisions with an ex, or cheated on someone, but have never done it again.

I guess I don't get the attitude toward her, when it's clearly him that's making terrible choices. 
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Confession - I hate the blanket "once a cheater, always a cheater" mentality.

I didn't know Khloe Kardashian was pregnant, let alone that she had a boyfriend who cheated on her, so IDGAF about that, but the general idea that if someone cheated once, they'll cheat again is annoying to me.

My marriage is the product of cheating. I had a boyfriend of 2 years when H and I started hooking up. I broke up with the guy and 11 years later, here we are. The closest I've ever come to cheating on H is letting some guy at a bar buy me a drink.

The fact that I was an insecure and codependent teenager doesn't make me a liar and cheater for the rest of my life.

ETF typo. I'm not a lair at all.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

I didn't know Khloe Kardashian was pregnant, let alone that she had a boyfriend who cheated on her, so IDGAF about that, but the general idea that if someone cheated once, they'll cheat again is annoying to me.

My marriage is the product of cheating. I had a boyfriend of 2 years when H and I started hooking up. I broke up with the guy and 11 years later, here we are. The closest I've ever come to cheating on H is letting some guy at a bar buy me a drink.

The fact that I was an insecure and codependent teenager doesn't make me a lair and cheater for the rest of my life.

That's a decent point.

However you can also argue that others have done the same.   I was the other woman before I dated my college BF and then he cheated on me with 3 friends.

Rudy Giuliani cheated on his first wife w/ Donna Hanover and then cheated on her while they were married with Judy Nathan.  Other men have done the same.

Then again I cheated on my HS boyfriend and never did it again.   

In the case of the ex BF, I think it was part of his pathology.   
  • Options

The fact that I was an insecure and codependent teenager doesn't make me a lair and cheater for the rest of my life.

Exactly. 

• Options
    banana468 said:

That's a decent point.

However you can also argue that others have done the same.   I was the other woman before I dated my college BF and then he cheated on me with 3 friends.

Rudy Giuliani cheated on his first wife w/ Donna Hanover and then cheated on her while they were married with Judy Nathan.  Other men have done the same.

I'm not trying to say that every person who has cheated WON'T do it again, just that the blanket "rule" that EVERY person who's ever cheated WILL 100% FOR SURE do it again is incorrect and irritating to me.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    banana468 said:

That's a decent point.

I'm not trying to say that every person who has cheated WON'T do it again, just that the blanket "rule" that EVERY person who's ever cheated WILL 100% FOR SURE do it again is incorrect and irritating to me.
    I think that's fair.   I'd be lumped into the wicked cheater bucket too and that wouldn't fly with me either. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:

Yup, this is pretty much my attitude. 

And to be clear, I'm not necessarily a "once a cheater, always a cheater" person. If my H cheated on me, I would stay with him depending on the nature of the cheating and whether he was willing to put in the work to rebuild that trust. 
  • Options

This may not count because it is a thought and not an action (yet).

The coworker with his office across the hall from mine went somewhere for lunch, but left his cell phone.  This is the second time he has done this.  When it happens, it play his ring tone almost CONSTANTLY for an hour.

I don't know who in his life has the time to call him 15-20 times in an hour (not an exaggeration).

My two temptations are to either:

• Answer his phone with, "I'm sorry, but M is not here right now.  He did not take his cell phone with him.  Can I take a message?"
    • Turn it off completely.

The taboo of touching someone else's phone is just barely winning out over the aggravating annoyance, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @short+sassy  is there somewhere - like a drawer - you could put it? Then when he comes back be like "your phone was going off and bothering me, I didn't wanna answer it so I put it in X drawer" ?
  • Options
    @short+sassy  is there somewhere - like a drawer - you could put it? Then when he comes back be like "your phone was going off and bothering me, I didn't wanna answer it so I put it in X drawer" ?
    Or just switch off the side button from ringing to vibrate? He might even not notice. Half the time I turn my phone to vibrate without even realizing I’ve done it. 

• Options

I think I'd still hear it in a drawer.  It's pretty loud.

My temptation #3 was to put it in a vacant office far enough away I wouldn't hear it.  And then sneak it back to his desk 5-10 minutes before lunch was over, hahaha.

It doesn't ring during working hours either (thankfully).  Just at lunch time.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

The coworker with his office across the hall from mine went somewhere for lunch, but left his cell phone.  This is the second time he has done this.  When it happens, it play his ring tone almost CONSTANTLY for an hour.

I don't know who in his life has the time to call him 15-20 times in an hour (not an exaggeration).

• Answer his phone with, "I'm sorry, but M is not here right now.  He did not take his cell phone with him.  Can I take a message?"

The taboo of touching someone else's phone is just barely winning out over the aggravating annoyance, lol.

Debt collectors, they're a beast.
  • Options

I considered that too but she mentions they only call during lunch, so that's what threw me off
  • Options

I considered that too but she mentions they only call during lunch, so that's what threw me off

They certainly are!  But, because it is always at lunch, I'm assuming it is someone close to him.  Like a SO.  But then I side-eye, lol.  Because I would be all kinds of annoyed at my H if he rang my phone off the hook like that.  Because OBVIOUSLY I can't answer it for some/whatever reason and I will call him back when I can.

Speaking of debt collectors, here is a funny conversation I had with one.  They weren't calling for me, but were calling for (I guess) someone who used to have my phone number.

The phone call was at some ungodly hour of  6:30-7:00AM (I'd seen previous calls from that number) but, I was up, so I answered the phone:

DC:  "Hi, is this Jane Doe?"

Me:  "No.  I'm sorry, no one by that name lives here."

DC:  "Who is this?"

Me (in full snark tone):  "Excuse me?!?  Who the hell are you?  I just said you have the wrong number."

I think I startled the guy with my bitchiness and candor, lol.  He actually responded with a friendly laugh and said, "I'm sorry!  I really shouldn't be disclosing this to someone other than Jane Doe.  But I'm Mike Whoever with ABC Debt collections and I really need to get in touch with Jane Doe.  Do you know her?  Or know how I can get in touch with her?"

For whatever reason, I was won over with his honesty and answering my question in a friendly tone, instead of the initial b.s. that he started with.  I told him, "I just got this phone number a couple of months ago, but it did use to belong to Jane Doe because I've gotten a few messages for her.  I SWEAR I'm not Jane Doe and I have no idea who she is.  But I would really appreciate it if you all would stop calling me.  Because it is annoying to me and it's just a dead end for you all."

He thanked me for the information and promised he would enter notes to that effect in her file and would put my number on a "do not contact".  Sure to his word, I never got another call from that number or company.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

They certainly are!  But, because it is always at lunch, I'm assuming it is someone close to him.  Like a SO.  But then I side-eye, lol.  Because I would be all kinds of annoyed at my H if he rang my phone off the hook like that.  Because OBVIOUSLY I can't answer it for some/whatever reason and I will call him back when I can.

Speaking of debt collectors, here is a funny conversation I had with one.  They weren't calling for me, but were calling for (I guess) someone who used to have my phone number.

The phone call was at some ungodly hour of  6:30-7:00AM (I'd seen previous calls from that number) but, I was up, so I answered the phone:

DC:  "Hi, is this Jane Doe?"

Me:  "No.  I'm sorry, no one by that name lives here."

DC:  "Who is this?"

Me (in full snark tone):  "Excuse me?!?  Who the hell are you?  I just said you have the wrong number."

I think I startled the guy with my bitchiness and candor, lol.  He actually responded with a friendly laugh and said, "I'm sorry!  I really shouldn't be disclosing this to someone other than Jane Doe.  But I'm Mike Whoever with ABC Debt collections and I really need to get in touch with Jane Doe.  Do you know her?  Or know how I can get in touch with her?"

For whatever reason, I was won over with his honesty and answering my question in a friendly tone, instead of the initial b.s. that he started with.  I told him, "I just got this phone number a couple of months ago, but it did use to belong to Jane Doe because I've gotten a few messages for her.  I SWEAR I'm not Jane Doe and I have no idea who she is.  But I would really appreciate it if you all would stop calling me.  Because it is annoying to me and it's just a dead end for you all."

He thanked me for the information and promised he would enter notes to that effect in her file and would put my number on a "do not contact".  Sure to his word, I never got another call from that number or company.

We get so many calls at our house from people who formerly had the number - a year and half later!
    Some are so weird too "well is this for the address of XYZ Alphabet St?"
    No sir, do you not know how numbers work? :|

Where I work, people get a lot of collection calls and they're so insane by how often these people call :O 
  • Options
    Friendly PSA - if you know debt collectors are calling your number trying to reach the old subscriber, it's in your interest to a) tell them the number no longer belongs to the person they're trying to reach and b) specifically tell them to add you/that number to their Do Not Call list. Any further calls from that particular company to find that particular subscriber at your number would be a violation of the fair debt collections act and you could actually collect damages (so long as you continued to clearly document further received calls). 
    Depends on where you live.
    I've had clients who get calls regarding someone else and many don't care and will keep calling until they get threatened with calling cops for harassment {many walk the line in general}

Also apparently the DNC list in Canada sucks :(
  • Options

Confession - I judge people who go on vacation and eat at boring regular old chain restaurants.

A FB friend of mine is in NOLA. And he checked in at Olive Garden. And I am sad.

(I do understand that some people are picky or have allergies. I get that it's an irrational irritation of mine.)

I try not to do this.  But sometimes I do this.

• Options

Confession - I judge people who go on vacation and eat at boring regular old chain restaurants.

A FB friend of mine is in NOLA. And he checked in at Olive Garden. And I am sad.

(I do understand that some people are picky or have allergies. I get that it's an irrational irritation of mine.)

I try not to do this.  But sometimes I do this.
    See the source image
  • Options
    Cheesecake Factory is REALLY good.  Even in other states.